Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? 20:12 - Sep 27 with 3469 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 13:13 - Sep 28 with 1096 viewsWilloW4

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 11:38 - Sep 28 by robith

Pardiola man. Guaranteed banter and japes

My auntie Gladys is English and she's not shy for a pint of plonk.. She's a large lady too. Ticks all the boxes I say.
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 13:38 - Sep 28 with 1068 viewsexiled_dictator

personally i'd vote for the pot plant, but i would like to know how much maintenance it would need.
a cactus would require considerably less water than others.
and some plants shed their leaves leaving a terrible mess all over the sideboard.
some plants seemingly suck up all the water you give them, then when you're not looking, they pi55 out all the excess leaving nasty stains on said mahogany sideboard. well, thats my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.
some plants have horrible hidden away thorns that stab you when you pick them up incorrectly.
would it be a plant that closes its flowers at night, only to reemerge in the morning like some romantic lover?
compost. some plants just love $hit.

anyways, looks like the plant will win the race, as it seems inevitable that gareth southgate will be given the nod.
surely someone can dig up some dirt on him.
where's a red top when you need one.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 14:46 - Sep 28 with 1032 viewsToast_R

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 20:37 - Sep 27 by daveB

Hoddle can't be on the list, you can't sack a manager for saying something daft to the press then hire that idiot who was sacked for saying something daft to the press.

Have to say Hoddle is the most over rated England manager of all time. Took over a brilliant team from Venables and then also had Beckham, Scholes and Owen. Had no idea how to fit them all in, dropped Beckham and Owen until the 3rd group game when we couldn't win group and were stuck in same half of draw as Argentina, Holland and Brazil so no chance of winning the thing. A bit unlucky to lose on penalties but then struggled badly to qualify and was heading out of the Euros before he said something daft and left. Also hung beckham out to dry with awful man management after that Argentina game.

Since then failed at Spurs, Wolves and not very good at QPR either but yeah give him the England job

Bit harsh and I have to disagree

Hoddle was sacked for comments made off record and blown out of complete proportion in a media witch hunt.
Before France 98 he was the youngest ever England manager, he had quite a difficult qualifying group but managed to win it with a very decent Italy team in there and having to do that the hard way after losing unluckily to them at Wembley.
His use of the 3-5-2 formation was deployed brilliantly.
He won Le Torunai in 1997 — yes a tin pot friendly competition but he won it with England beating Italy and France.
He put Beckham, Scholes and Owen in the England team. He even dropped Gazza because he knew Paul Scholes was the better option and despite all the flak he got for that, it transpired it was the correct thing to do as Scholes was superb for England under Hoddle and Gazza was finished.
Owen wasn’t dropped in 98, Sheringham was in front of him. He got his chance when it came, that’s a manager managing his team. Beckham was dropped because Hoddle recognised he wasn’t fully focused , again the manager managing his team. He got his chance when it came and played well before letting everyone down badly.. maybe he wasn’t fully focused?
The following Euros campaign didn’t get off to a great start but England went through a bit of a lull at the end of the 1990’s in personnel. He played two qualifiers in which he lost to Sweden away (What England manager didn’t) and drew at home to Hungry and thrashed Luxemburg. How did Keegan get on after?
Agree Hoddle went a bit left field towards the end but again — he was relatively inexperienced and still a young manager at the time.

For an over rated England Manger — I give you Bobby Robson. An emotional end to Italia 90 inflated his status among England fans massively. I still remember that Word Cup and England were pretty poor until that Semi Final and he was a 8 minutes away from being a laughing stock in the Quarter finals. Euro 88 was a disaster. Mexico 86 wasn’t much better.
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 15:56 - Sep 28 with 997 viewsdaveB

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 14:46 - Sep 28 by Toast_R

Bit harsh and I have to disagree

Hoddle was sacked for comments made off record and blown out of complete proportion in a media witch hunt.
Before France 98 he was the youngest ever England manager, he had quite a difficult qualifying group but managed to win it with a very decent Italy team in there and having to do that the hard way after losing unluckily to them at Wembley.
His use of the 3-5-2 formation was deployed brilliantly.
He won Le Torunai in 1997 — yes a tin pot friendly competition but he won it with England beating Italy and France.
He put Beckham, Scholes and Owen in the England team. He even dropped Gazza because he knew Paul Scholes was the better option and despite all the flak he got for that, it transpired it was the correct thing to do as Scholes was superb for England under Hoddle and Gazza was finished.
Owen wasn’t dropped in 98, Sheringham was in front of him. He got his chance when it came, that’s a manager managing his team. Beckham was dropped because Hoddle recognised he wasn’t fully focused , again the manager managing his team. He got his chance when it came and played well before letting everyone down badly.. maybe he wasn’t fully focused?
The following Euros campaign didn’t get off to a great start but England went through a bit of a lull at the end of the 1990’s in personnel. He played two qualifiers in which he lost to Sweden away (What England manager didn’t) and drew at home to Hungry and thrashed Luxemburg. How did Keegan get on after?
Agree Hoddle went a bit left field towards the end but again — he was relatively inexperienced and still a young manager at the time.

For an over rated England Manger — I give you Bobby Robson. An emotional end to Italia 90 inflated his status among England fans massively. I still remember that Word Cup and England were pretty poor until that Semi Final and he was a 8 minutes away from being a laughing stock in the Quarter finals. Euro 88 was a disaster. Mexico 86 wasn’t much better.

hardly blown out of proportion, he claimed disabled people were paying for sins in a past life which to me is worse than anything Allardyce has said.

I think a lot of his success was down to the work put in by Venables who did a brilliant job, he's not the worst England manager and had his moments with England but quite why his name still gets mentioned is beyond me.

As for Bobby Robson he got to the last 8 in Mexico and last 4 in Italty so did pretty well compared with what went before him and has happened since
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 16:53 - Sep 28 with 950 viewsTacticalR

To avoid further debacles the first two interview questions must be:

1. Do you believe in reincarnation?
2. Do you like bungs?

Air hostess clique

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 17:28 - Sep 28 with 915 viewsPinnerPaul

I didn't know members of Alan Sheraer's family posted on here!
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 18:23 - Sep 28 with 890 viewsLongsufferingR

Gave up giving a shyte about England many years ago, but for me, the choice is obvious.

Conor.
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 20:36 - Sep 28 with 833 viewsCHUBBS

I see Dyke is saying the next England manager must be whiter than white so with that in mind i'd give the job to you Bazza with Deepcut as your assisant.
The perfect combination
Login to get fewer ads

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 20:47 - Sep 28 with 817 viewsBklynRanger

Geoffrey Boycott would be my choice. That man could could put a bit of steel up their jacksies.
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 21:14 - Sep 28 with 799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 20:36 - Sep 28 by CHUBBS

I see Dyke is saying the next England manager must be whiter than white so with that in mind i'd give the job to you Bazza with Deepcut as your assisant.
The perfect combination

Cheers.

As soon as we need a miserable bitter prick to bring everyone down i'll give you a call.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 21:15]
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? (n/t) on 23:33 - Sep 28 with 736 viewsCHUBBS

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 21:14 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cheers.

As soon as we need a miserable bitter prick to bring everyone down i'll give you a call.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 21:15]

[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 0:25]
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 23:36 - Sep 28 with 731 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? (n/t) on 23:33 - Sep 28 by CHUBBS

[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 0:25]

Bore off.
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 23:43 - Sep 28 with 716 viewsCHUBBS

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 23:36 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bore off.

[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 0:26]
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 23:57 - Sep 28 with 699 viewsmarkrtid

Septic Bladder.

Couldn't do no worse than the last many who tried and yet failed.

Sep drinks in my local. He knows everthing about womens football. The only bung he ever took was one Friday evening after a bit too much nosebag.
Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 11:41 - Sep 30 with 606 viewsTacticalR

I took Dyke's 'whiter than white' comment to mean that any talk of corruption in the British game is a great inconvenience because he needs everyone's eyes to be focused on corruption as a foreign problem while he and his associates get on with flogging off British football.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 11:42]

Air hostess clique

Who Would You Like As Next England Manager? on 12:27 - Sep 30 with 532 viewsMetallica_Hoop

It would be entertaining post match anyway. 'BASTARDS'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024