Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights highlights 23:14 - Sep 27 with 1629 viewsbosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10596197/burton-1-1-qpr

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tonights highlights on 00:06 - Sep 28 with 1545 viewsHunterhoop

Was that cross for our goal by Luongo?! What a ball!

Also, why was Bidwell so central, ie. Narrow, for their goal? Our FBs are far too narrow too often. Yes, you defend narrow but we're giving up 20yards on both flanks in open play!

Also, another deflection from a shot resulting in a goal. Usually I'd say this is pure bad luck, but it's happening so much I wonder if it's a result of the ball "hitting" defenders rather than defenders looking to get a positive block on the ball away from goal. A sign of not reading the game and reacting quickly enough. But most likely bad luck. It'll turn.
Tonights highlights on 08:13 - Sep 28 with 1336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tonights highlights on 00:06 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

Also, why was Bidwell so central, ie. Narrow, for their goal? Our FBs are far too narrow too often. Yes, you defend narrow but we're giving up 20yards on both flanks in open play!

Also, another deflection from a shot resulting in a goal. Usually I'd say this is pure bad luck, but it's happening so much I wonder if it's a result of the ball "hitting" defenders rather than defenders looking to get a positive block on the ball away from goal. A sign of not reading the game and reacting quickly enough. But most likely bad luck. It'll turn.

If I remember rightly their goal came from a breakaway from our corner, Hunter, which may explain the space down the flanks? I haven't seen enough of us this year to answer your general point though you're definitely not the first to say it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tonights highlights on 08:46 - Sep 28 with 1275 viewsTheChef

Tonights highlights on 08:13 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

If I remember rightly their goal came from a breakaway from our corner, Hunter, which may explain the space down the flanks? I haven't seen enough of us this year to answer your general point though you're definitely not the first to say it.

Yes our corner was cleared and picked up by Henry on the halfway line, better option was probably to go back but instead he played it forward to Pawel who was isolated and got crowded out by a couple of Burton players, who broke forward from there.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tonights highlights on 10:07 - Sep 28 with 1198 viewsfrancisbowles

Tonights highlights on 08:46 - Sep 28 by TheChef

Yes our corner was cleared and picked up by Henry on the halfway line, better option was probably to go back but instead he played it forward to Pawel who was isolated and got crowded out by a couple of Burton players, who broke forward from there.

Haven't seen it yet as link won't work for me BUT the irony of it, Henry getting castigated every game for being negative and then when he plays a ball forward, it is said he maybe should have played it back!

Decision making isn't his strength but possession is king, and we need to recognise that a pass back isn't, always a bad thing, far better than losing the ball.
Tonights highlights on 11:17 - Sep 28 with 1147 viewsWilloW4

Tonights highlights on 00:06 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

"It'll turn".. Any idea when Hunter? Cos I'm getting very bored of watching the R's play like this.
Tonights highlights on 11:33 - Sep 28 with 1116 viewsAntti_Heinola

Easiest thing is not go, stay off here and when it gets better we'll bung you an email!

Bare bones.

Tonights highlights on 12:54 - Sep 28 with 1039 viewsR_from_afar

Henry playing a forward pass for our goal. Just saying...

RFA (Leaps into bunker, dons tin hat, primes claymores, calls for air support)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tonights highlights on 13:01 - Sep 28 with 1018 viewsWilloW4

Tonights highlights on 11:33 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

Easiest thing is not go, stay off here and when it gets better we'll bung you an email!

I'll go if and when I choose, probably more than you.. And I asked Hunter a question , nothing to do with you.. But I look forward to hearing how good we are and how well we're playing.. Did you go to the bore draw last night.? Hmmm..
Login to get fewer ads

Tonights highlights on 13:51 - Sep 28 with 950 viewsHunterhoop

Tonights highlights on 11:17 - Sep 28 by WilloW4

"It'll turn".. Any idea when Hunter? Cos I'm getting very bored of watching the R's play like this.

No idea. I remain hopeful!

And, to be honest, I meant our luck will turn, which may mean we get better results, but I wasn't referring to the quality of our performances.

I think the latter changing is, to a large degree, down to JFH needing to play square pegs in square holes, in a system the players understand (rather than shoe horning his "best" 11 players into a team), and also fans perception changing. By that, I mean we actually player very well in the second half vs Birmingham, could have won 4-1. If we had, the perception of the quality of how play/how exciting it was to watch would have been markedly different, even though the only difference is 2 or 3 better finishes. So, if we start winning, even if the football is identical in standard, fans will perceive us as playing better.
Tonights highlights on 14:47 - Sep 28 with 903 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tonights highlights on 13:01 - Sep 28 by WilloW4

I'll go if and when I choose, probably more than you.. And I asked Hunter a question , nothing to do with you.. But I look forward to hearing how good we are and how well we're playing.. Did you go to the bore draw last night.? Hmmm..

Jesus Willow, I was only having a laugh. I've often thought it'd be easier to turn myself off from it all and wait until the good times come back.
Yep, you probably go more than me, but if I offended you in some way by somehow questioning your loyalty, I'm sorry. I honestly didn't mean to. I didn't go last night, no. I rarely finish work before 7, and so away games in the week are never an option.
I'm really sad you seem to dislike me so much. I try so hard to be your friend!

Bare bones.

Tonights highlights on 16:26 - Sep 28 with 812 viewsWilloW4

Tonights highlights on 13:51 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

No idea. I remain hopeful!

And, to be honest, I meant our luck will turn, which may mean we get better results, but I wasn't referring to the quality of our performances.

I think the latter changing is, to a large degree, down to JFH needing to play square pegs in square holes, in a system the players understand (rather than shoe horning his "best" 11 players into a team), and also fans perception changing. By that, I mean we actually player very well in the second half vs Birmingham, could have won 4-1. If we had, the perception of the quality of how play/how exciting it was to watch would have been markedly different, even though the only difference is 2 or 3 better finishes. So, if we start winning, even if the football is identical in standard, fans will perceive us as playing better.

Appreciate your response.. And fair enough too. You R's.!!
Tonights highlights on 16:35 - Sep 28 with 794 viewsWilloW4

Tonights highlights on 14:47 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

Jesus Willow, I was only having a laugh. I've often thought it'd be easier to turn myself off from it all and wait until the good times come back.
Yep, you probably go more than me, but if I offended you in some way by somehow questioning your loyalty, I'm sorry. I honestly didn't mean to. I didn't go last night, no. I rarely finish work before 7, and so away games in the week are never an option.
I'm really sad you seem to dislike me so much. I try so hard to be your friend!

I don't dislike you.. I don't know you..I understand not being able to get to home or away games cos of work etc.. I'd done a 12 hour day then a crap journey to Burton with a mate.. Got home after a 19 hour day.. Fans are allowed to want some entertainment.. Don't try to be friend. I'll probably like you more. You R's.!
Tonights highlights on 16:46 - Sep 28 with 775 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tonights highlights on 16:35 - Sep 28 by WilloW4

I don't dislike you.. I don't know you..I understand not being able to get to home or away games cos of work etc.. I'd done a 12 hour day then a crap journey to Burton with a mate.. Got home after a 19 hour day.. Fans are allowed to want some entertainment.. Don't try to be friend. I'll probably like you more. You R's.!

Cheers - just felt you've been a little aggressive more than a few times, but easy to misinterpret stuff on here. Totally agree fans are allowed to want entertainment. Why else would we go?

For what it's worth, I think things will get better but it will be a slow process. People are entitled to ask why we're no better now than 10 months ago, but the days of being able to sign Charlie Austin who'll cover our many shortcomings are long gone. In truth, we've had the same problems at the club for the last 5 or 6 years - it's just that Adel and then Charlie masked them with outstanding seasons. Obviously the Championship season was a superb all-round team, but without that ace in the hole, we wouldn't have come close IMO. And certainly without Charlie we would have been mid-table - and dull - at best. The football that season was no better than this, except Charlie saved the day on an almost weekly basis.

While Ollie had a far, far worse situation to deal with than JFH, he still took the best part of two years to get us playing exciting, winning football (and even then got plenty of stick for his supposed long ball tactics). But I do think people underestimate the job JFH had and has.

Bare bones.

Tonights highlights on 21:52 - Sep 28 with 591 viewsWilloW4

Tonights highlights on 16:46 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

Cheers - just felt you've been a little aggressive more than a few times, but easy to misinterpret stuff on here. Totally agree fans are allowed to want entertainment. Why else would we go?

For what it's worth, I think things will get better but it will be a slow process. People are entitled to ask why we're no better now than 10 months ago, but the days of being able to sign Charlie Austin who'll cover our many shortcomings are long gone. In truth, we've had the same problems at the club for the last 5 or 6 years - it's just that Adel and then Charlie masked them with outstanding seasons. Obviously the Championship season was a superb all-round team, but without that ace in the hole, we wouldn't have come close IMO. And certainly without Charlie we would have been mid-table - and dull - at best. The football that season was no better than this, except Charlie saved the day on an almost weekly basis.

While Ollie had a far, far worse situation to deal with than JFH, he still took the best part of two years to get us playing exciting, winning football (and even then got plenty of stick for his supposed long ball tactics). But I do think people underestimate the job JFH had and has.

I have been more than aggressive a few times .. And not just on LFW.. I've never said sack the manager.. Although my blind hatred of Redknapp is documented.. I just struggle with some fans who fly the 'we'll be alright ' flag.. I just don't see it..we look average over 90 mins. It doesn't feel me up with belief. Your scribblings on Chas Austin are bang on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024