Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham R - Just back 23:20 - Sep 27 with 7055 viewsBirminghamR

My swift reflections
Rs come back from a goal down twice in 4 days to earn a draw and shade the game...if the game had gone on longer it was all Rs.
Smithies - 6 feel confident in him as a keeper the way I never did with so many Rs keepers down the years. Kicking can frustrate. Red kit...really?
Nedum - 6 Strong , but not always sure what to do when he has the ball.Stood off bit too much for my liking esp mid/end first half
Hall - 6/7 Couple of v strong headers. Better
Caulker - 7 appears the stronger one of the centre back duo at the moment.
Bidwell - 6 as everyone says what you see is what you get. Good & professional without necessarily catching the eye. Injury loooked v bad from what i saw...not moving/stretcher
Henry - 6 often playing so deep just in front of CBs....too deep
Borysiuk - 7 first time seeing him. GOOD. Got a tackle on him and plenty of energy and mobile. Playing his way into one of first names on sheet. Excellent scouting, Les imho
Luongo - 7 strong run involved in setting up goal. neat, energetic, combative
Wsolek - 7/8 a threat whenever involved on either flank. Very impressed with 2 feet, work rate and chances created.
Chery - 6 quiet I thought.
Washington 6/7 - cannot fault for one moment his commitment and work rate. Must be unbelievably frustrated that the balls he has to use are meant for someone twice his height..been said before. There IS a goalscorer here.
BFG - 7 took goal v well after good work by Luongo and Wsolek I think. Physical presence added so much when he came on...a focal point. Reason for this is our propensity to lump in unimaginative high balls...which suits his game well - just not Washington's. Tonight the ball was in the air loads from both sides. Not too pretty.
Lynch - 6/7 Liked look of him. Physical committed.
JFH - substitution worked - i would have taken off Henry not the more attack minded Borysiuk.

So - to conclude.
Another point from a losing position, plenty of commitment, players clearly playing for the management.First half pretty hopeless both sides...far too many long balls launched upfield.
But credit where due - the team did wrest control from the home side and only one side was going to win the longer it went on...
Thats about it
Birmingham R - Just back on 16:34 - Sep 28 with 1556 viewsDando

Always feels to me that JFH is too scared to try to go out to win games. He says we are trying to win, yet sets up a team that is never likely to score enough goals. It is becoming so frustrating to see a squad full of some decent players, yet setting up in the same negative way every game and expecting different results and better performances. The football at the moment is extremely boring. I was hoping after the Birmingham game we would have learnt from it and put wingers on both sides. I just don't get it, and feels like we are wasting game after game because we are setting up the same every time and expecting to play better. It wont happen JFH

I can understand not starting with 2 strikers in this particular game as we were short, but 3 central midfielders starting the game, really? How does he expect high tempo and creativity to come from playing this way? We dropped Henry and looked like a top half side vs Birmingham but we went back to old ways again with that line up. Can anyone explain why the fans seem to be the only ones that can see this? We started well this season but we have to remember that most of the goals in the early games were penalties which wont keep coming forever. The overall performance is only going to change when players are in the correct positions from the start, and we show some adventure. We aren't here to nick a point here and there, we are a deent side who should be aiming higher. Nobody is asking for miracles
Birmingham R - Just back on 17:14 - Sep 28 with 1491 viewsfrancisbowles

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:34 - Sep 28 by Dando

Always feels to me that JFH is too scared to try to go out to win games. He says we are trying to win, yet sets up a team that is never likely to score enough goals. It is becoming so frustrating to see a squad full of some decent players, yet setting up in the same negative way every game and expecting different results and better performances. The football at the moment is extremely boring. I was hoping after the Birmingham game we would have learnt from it and put wingers on both sides. I just don't get it, and feels like we are wasting game after game because we are setting up the same every time and expecting to play better. It wont happen JFH

I can understand not starting with 2 strikers in this particular game as we were short, but 3 central midfielders starting the game, really? How does he expect high tempo and creativity to come from playing this way? We dropped Henry and looked like a top half side vs Birmingham but we went back to old ways again with that line up. Can anyone explain why the fans seem to be the only ones that can see this? We started well this season but we have to remember that most of the goals in the early games were penalties which wont keep coming forever. The overall performance is only going to change when players are in the correct positions from the start, and we show some adventure. We aren't here to nick a point here and there, we are a deent side who should be aiming higher. Nobody is asking for miracles

Maybe because Burton play 5 in midfield, so didn't want to be overun in the centre especially away from home?
Birmingham R - Just back on 17:17 - Sep 28 with 1489 viewsDando

Birmingham R - Just back on 17:14 - Sep 28 by francisbowles

Maybe because Burton play 5 in midfield, so didn't want to be overun in the centre especially away from home?

He did it vs Birmingham too in the first half, and only changed it as Cousins was injured. The first half was diabolical as well, slow paced with long balls.

This is the problem imo, we are setting up not to be over run by other teams. We should start concentrating more on ourselves and how to win the game, not adjusting to make sure we are over run vs teams such as Burton who are favourites to go down. They should be the ones fearing us, if we showed some confidence.
Birmingham R - Just back on 18:07 - Sep 28 with 1419 viewsBirminghamR

As the starter of the thread, I will chip in with my h'penny worth.
Agree - excellent debate from the Board here.
Some Observations
Yes, the long, high balls were poor and we were poor in many ways - a sign imho of low confidence
Also, there is no denying that the effort IS there, which we could not say in the glory days (ahm) of Harry, Bosingwa and Samba. The manager and his staff have the team on side.
The signings post Les are average going on good, sometimes potentially v good - Smithies, Ingram, Borysiuk, Wsolek, Polter, Luongo, Cousins all have potential and have made encouraging starts. Some signings post Les have disappointed...Gladwin, possibly Washington (bit harsh)
JFH is a new manager to this level - he will be ambitious/hungry and learning the way his new signings have shown themselves to be.
We know that constantly changing managers v v v rarely works for anything other than short term. We are on a long term trajectory (stadium, youth academy, training facility, young players, "right sort" players). This is the right path for QPR - i.e. only one which has a chance of working for us.
Stick with the plan...give me effort and dead average players and tactics any day ahead of the w**kers, time wasters, loanees and has-beens we had playing for us under Redknapp.
This is a team - just not a v good one at this precise moment...but one with increasing potential.
Don't waste time thinking a new manager will miraculously change everything.
Thats it really.
Birmingham R - Just back on 21:00 - Sep 28 with 1296 viewsderbyhoop

Given the number of injuries JFH had limited options last night. I don't think it's fair on the youngsters ( Kakay and Shodipo) to start every game. They aren't at that level yet. So, Karl Henry comes back in and we revert to slow tempo and long balls. Increasingly, he is the problem.

If Cousins, Ngbakoto, Sandro or Gladwin are fit enough to play 90 mins, esp Sandro, then Henry doesn't get a look in.

With hindsight, loaning Doughty and Comley may be a mistake.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Birmingham R - Just back on 21:09 - Sep 28 with 1287 viewsPunteR

Birmingham R - Just back on 21:00 - Sep 28 by derbyhoop

Given the number of injuries JFH had limited options last night. I don't think it's fair on the youngsters ( Kakay and Shodipo) to start every game. They aren't at that level yet. So, Karl Henry comes back in and we revert to slow tempo and long balls. Increasingly, he is the problem.

If Cousins, Ngbakoto, Sandro or Gladwin are fit enough to play 90 mins, esp Sandro, then Henry doesn't get a look in.

With hindsight, loaning Doughty and Comley may be a mistake.

Daft question but was Sandro injured last night?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Birmingham R - Just back on 21:39 - Sep 28 with 1254 viewsbaz_qpr

Was not there - but I've not seen us play too much deliberate long ball tactics under JFH but I have seen us play long balls because we've either not moved the ball quick enough or moved off the ball well enough so the only option is to go sideways or long because there are no other options. In addition with Washington there is an argument to go long to go over the top. However I think our problems come from a combination of full backs that are not very Comfortable on the ball and a midfield that can't make space for itself. When we went two upfront with the two big lads on Saturday it gave the midfield more space to play in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024