Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iPhone 7 help 14:02 - Sep 28 with 1497 viewsexiled_dictator

so i got my new iPhone, and very chuffed am i.
right up the chuff in fact.
but the only problem was i didn't know where to stick my non-apple beats headphones.
so i checked on line, and there it was right before my eyes; drill a hole in the outer case and stick the headphone jack in.
so i did.
and to make it even better, i drilled a second hole in the opposite side so it was stereo.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37480694

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

iPhone 7 help on 16:34 - Sep 28 with 1397 viewsJuzzie

oh

my

god
iPhone 7 help on 17:07 - Sep 28 with 1358 viewslondonscottish

That's classic and a great piss take of Apple. I mean £700 for a phone that can't take normal headphones and that has sh8t battery life.....

Anyway, I am indebted to the serious Youtube tech videos for saving me about £300 this week.

For cost of a couple of spares I got the oven working again (thermocouple) and fixed the washing machine (dodgy door seal).

There's quite a lot of dismantling to do to get these parts replaced and I'd have been at it for a month without the vids.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

iPhone 7 help on 17:12 - Sep 28 with 1347 viewslondonscottish

AARRRGHH!!

They want £919 for an iPhone 7+ with 256Gb!

Astonishing.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/apple/iphone-7-plus.html?cid=PAIDSEARCH_Google

iPhone 7 help on 18:05 - Sep 28 with 1288 viewsJuzzie

iPhone 7 help on 17:07 - Sep 28 by londonscottish

That's classic and a great piss take of Apple. I mean £700 for a phone that can't take normal headphones and that has sh8t battery life.....

Anyway, I am indebted to the serious Youtube tech videos for saving me about £300 this week.

For cost of a couple of spares I got the oven working again (thermocouple) and fixed the washing machine (dodgy door seal).

There's quite a lot of dismantling to do to get these parts replaced and I'd have been at it for a month without the vids.

Our microwave turntable stopped working the other week. It's 10 years old and otherwise in as-new clean perfect order and didn't want to go down the 21st Century throw-away route and buy another.

They're actually very basic contraptions and a quick look on youtube showed how easy it was to replace the turntable motor, the only moving part. £15 motor and one screwdriver and job done.

Good for another 10 years I reckon.
iPhone 7 help on 18:24 - Sep 28 with 1261 viewsBoston

One day these IPhone thingies are going to destroy the pigeon post, I warn ya.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

iPhone 7 help on 19:11 - Sep 28 with 1211 viewsDWQPR

Dropped my laptop a few months back, smashed the screen and didn't fancy buying a new one despite it being nearly four years old, having to reload lots of necessary work related software. Sourced a new screen and went on YouTube to see how easy it was to replace. The demonstrator took six minutes and I took fifteen. And hey presto had a fully functioning laptop for the cost of £54.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

iPhone 7 help on 19:33 - Sep 28 with 1191 viewsBklynRanger

My wife has a similar thing about cables. For some reason she thinks any cable fits in any (*searches for non sexual term....) interface. She seems to think that digital technology is more like a set of pneumatic pipes shuttling information along its rubberised cylinders.
iPhone 7 help on 20:09 - Sep 28 with 1151 viewslondonscottish

iPhone 7 help on 18:05 - Sep 28 by Juzzie

Our microwave turntable stopped working the other week. It's 10 years old and otherwise in as-new clean perfect order and didn't want to go down the 21st Century throw-away route and buy another.

They're actually very basic contraptions and a quick look on youtube showed how easy it was to replace the turntable motor, the only moving part. £15 motor and one screwdriver and job done.

Good for another 10 years I reckon.

Cheap, hugely satisifying and, just as importantly, less pointless landfill*

*I have, of course, turned into my Dad.

Login to get fewer ads

iPhone 7 help on 20:26 - Sep 28 with 1137 viewsJuzzie

The iphone7 is basically a £1000 pocket computer that will rarely get used to its full potential as with any smartphone, itll be used mainly for texts, tweets, likes and hundreds of selfies, pictures of kids/dogs/cats etc.

You can do all that on a smartphone for £100, but its not an iphone and people still need that narcassism (sp) like people getting the new reg number plate on 1st August.
iPhone 7 help on 20:37 - Sep 28 with 1120 viewsBrightonhoop

How do you milk sheep?

Release a new iphone.

Badum tush.
iPhone 7 help on 22:35 - Sep 28 with 1050 viewslondonscottish

iPhone 7 help on 20:26 - Sep 28 by Juzzie

The iphone7 is basically a £1000 pocket computer that will rarely get used to its full potential as with any smartphone, itll be used mainly for texts, tweets, likes and hundreds of selfies, pictures of kids/dogs/cats etc.

You can do all that on a smartphone for £100, but its not an iphone and people still need that narcassism (sp) like people getting the new reg number plate on 1st August.

You're probably bang on with that theory.

Out of interest I had look as to what an equivalent Moto G would cost (a decent Android) and it was well below £300.

So, yes, you are presumably spending the extra for some sort of kudos. Real or imagined.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024