Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98821 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:36 - Sep 29 with 2305 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 29 by richranger

Interesting the club statement was made less than 30 minutes after the Torygraph piece was made public, and broadly supported Jimmy. Did they know it was coming?

Yeh they'll have been asked for comment.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 2292 viewsrsonist

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:27 - Sep 29 by daveB

it's very thin and seems a 10 month investigation has turned up a few managers and agents bragging and no actual evidence of wrong doing.

Also sounds like he has it in his contract that he can do these kind of speaking events

I just can't see how he can stay though, as a club you can't plead poverty and talk of doing the right things then have the manager openly haggling over more money for a trip abroad. A real shame for him but much like Allardyce he's been caught and will have to face the consequences

"you can't plead poverty and talk of doing the right things then have the manager openly haggling over more money for a trip abroad. "

What is the relevance!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:41 - Sep 29 with 2257 viewsMytch_QPR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:36 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Out of interest, Clive (being that you are in the trade) - how much notice do you think The Telegraph would have given JFH and do you think they would have also told the club or left it to JFH to inform them?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:41 - Sep 29 with 2255 viewsGloryHunter

Interesting the club statement was made less than 30 minutes after the Torygraph piece was made public, and broadly supported Jimmy. Did they know it was coming?

Almost certainly. The newspaper will usually contact anyone they are planning to run a story on, and ask them if they want to comment. Could well explain his behaviour in the dug-out at Burton.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:42 - Sep 29 with 2248 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:37 - Sep 29 by rsonist

"you can't plead poverty and talk of doing the right things then have the manager openly haggling over more money for a trip abroad. "

What is the relevance!

Well 2 weeks ago we had a fans forum where the club said they can't afford to put stickers on seats and they spoke about not over paying for players and cutting costs and all this while the manager is haggling over extra money for himself. It doesn't look good and goes against the values the club are trying to project
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:45 - Sep 29 with 2229 viewshoof_hearted

Given that a few years ago there was barely a player signed that didn't walk away with a carrier bag full of cash it's remarkable how little proper dirt has been unveiled. No drugs, no sex, no promise of signing crap players at inflated fees.

They'd better come up with something juicy soon.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:48 - Sep 29 with 2190 viewsstevec

Of course, if Les and Hoos do stick by him then it turns the spotlight on them and the whole running of the club.

He has to go for that reason alone.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:52 - Sep 29 with 2143 viewshoof_hearted

His managerial skills are under question for many good reasons. Lily livered "give him a bit longer" merchants like me can use this as the excuse to say "he has to go" without losing face. I'm man enough o admit that I don't care either way!
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:54 - Sep 29 with 2114 viewsHooparoo

FFS, are we cursed or something? Just when I finally thought we had turned a corner we get this. Christ almighty.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:59 - Sep 29 with 2051 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:42 - Sep 29 by daveB

Well 2 weeks ago we had a fans forum where the club said they can't afford to put stickers on seats and they spoke about not over paying for players and cutting costs and all this while the manager is haggling over extra money for himself. It doesn't look good and goes against the values the club are trying to project

Not really sure how those two things relate Dave?

Small thing but haggling is not even right. They say we could pay £30k, he says that's not enough, they say £55k he says that's more like a fee. He hasn't agreed to anything at all. Any company wishing to buy that kind of speaking service would want an idea of what it's going to cost them.

I dunno, last night it felt bleak, this morning I have more sympathy for him.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:05 - Sep 29 with 1972 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:59 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Small thing but haggling is not even right. They say we could pay £30k, he says that's not enough, they say £55k he says that's more like a fee. He hasn't agreed to anything at all. Any company wishing to buy that kind of speaking service would want an idea of what it's going to cost them.

I don't think it looks right, I just don't see how you can have the club saying one thing and the manager off chasing cash.

Of all the crimes at QPR in recent years I don't think what JFH has done is that bad and we supported the club and people involved when they broke every rule going over the Faurlin signing and FFP but I can't see how the club can have any credibility when they plead poverty and have a manager doing this. Looks like they are going to stand by him but think thats a big mistake.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:08 - Sep 29 with 1944 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:05 - Sep 29 by daveB

I don't think it looks right, I just don't see how you can have the club saying one thing and the manager off chasing cash.

Of all the crimes at QPR in recent years I don't think what JFH has done is that bad and we supported the club and people involved when they broke every rule going over the Faurlin signing and FFP but I can't see how the club can have any credibility when they plead poverty and have a manager doing this. Looks like they are going to stand by him but think thats a big mistake.

Sorry Dave, I can't see what the connection is between the club having little money and the manager taking money for a speaking engagement?
Not saying there's nothing wrong here, but don't understand that bit. Seem totally unrelated. He's not costing the club anything?

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:10 - Sep 29 with 1924 viewsstevec

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:59 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Speaking service, are you serious?

We're talking about a sweetener here. A fckin big one at that.

Methinks if this were Redknapp here you'd be coming at it from an entirely different angle.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:20 - Sep 29 with 1841 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:10 - Sep 29 by stevec

Speaking service, are you serious?

We're talking about a sweetener here. A fckin big one at that.

Methinks if this were Redknapp here you'd be coming at it from an entirely different angle.

I'd be more vociferous for sure. Because I despise the man. And because I've heard first hand accounts of what he gets up to, which makes this conversation sound like a tea party.

But not convinced there's enough there for it to be called a sweetener, sorry. Particularly as players aren't even mentioned until after the speaking thing is agreed. As I said earlier, ask any manager in our league if they'll do a speaking engagement for £50k they'll say yes and then follow up and ask if they'll look at some players, they'll say yes.

Doesn't make it right, and maybe he needs to go.

But my bias against Harry is no worse than some of the bias on here - if we were top the fans would be circling the wagons saying it's a load of bolox.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 11:25]

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:21 - Sep 29 with 1823 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:08 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Sorry Dave, I can't see what the connection is between the club having little money and the manager taking money for a speaking engagement?
Not saying there's nothing wrong here, but don't understand that bit. Seem totally unrelated. He's not costing the club anything?

I just don't think it looks good and next time they talk about saving money they are going to have this thrown at them if he stays
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:24 - Sep 29 with 1791 viewsdavman

Of course they did.

It is normal practice for individuals to be informed that these exposes are coming...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:25 - Sep 29 with 1784 viewsMarylandR

Point might have already been made...haven't read through all the pages of posts...so I apologize if it has...but I just don't see if the club stay behind him how he will be mentally fit and focused enough to lead a team in training let alone a game at Foolham...and if I'm a player, it makes it that much harder to focus on the task at hand...you know...that of playing positive (insert laugh here) football...
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:29 - Sep 29 with 1744 viewsstevec

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:36 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Might have got me wires crossed but do you work for the Telegraph?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:32 - Sep 29 with 1703 viewsrobith

Hmmmmmmmmm. Not much additional I can add, but in this age of connected media I feel entitled to cast my voice into the void.

On the one hand, I do feel this isn't as strong as first alluded to. At work we had a list of people we could hire sent round and a certain roundly jowled ex manager of ours charges that for an hour. I can certainly see someone offering that for JFH for 3 days. The Telegraph have turned into a rag in the last 5 years, but they still have a strong investigative arm (they dropped the expenses scandal) so I suspect they have better than what has come out last night - which might make it all academic anyway if the stink is large enough.

However, and I say this as someone who wanted him to stay because we need some stability and a bit of levelling out of who we are - he should go. I personally have zero tolerance for such behaviour as someone who has had to sit through tedious hours of anti-bribery training I know full well that you're above board and you don't even put yourself in that room with them to be honest. But there's reputational risk also - particularly as we try to rebalance the club. A lot of posts saying "they're all at it" - that doesn't need to be so, and only is because we don't challenge it.

Secondly a sizeable portion were already on his back and this will only embolden them. Early doors but our season is teetering a little bit and I feel if he stays the atmosphere will get to its poisonous sacking best - and the new man will not inherit a decent but inconsistent squad but one freefalling down the table.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:33 - Sep 29 with 1697 viewsrsonist

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:21 - Sep 29 by daveB

I just don't think it looks good and next time they talk about saving money they are going to have this thrown at them if he stays

You're repeating yourself but still not saying anything. What is the relationship between the club saving money and the manager making money for himself on the side?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:34 - Sep 29 with 1687 viewsRBlock

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:54 - Sep 29 by DWQPR

Maybe we haven't seen the best of Washington so far is because whenever he has had the chance to play he has been played on his own with balls hoofed well above his head. I like Washington and I really think that there is a very decent player in there. Now I'm no footballing expert, certainly not a football manager, but I reckon the way you get the best out of someone like Conor Washington is to play the ball to his feet, or for him to run onto behind the defence, but certainly not by hoofing it up to his head. Very poor management.

Corruption, scandal, #football4sale; To buggery with the lot of it. Why aren't we playing 4-4-2?! That is the real bloody question here!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:34 - Sep 29 with 1685 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:11 - Sep 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Not too bad thanks, considering I've just finished 6 months chemo. Fuzzy head and a runny arse still, but 30 years of hangovers prepared me well for that!

Best wishes HDJ. Glad you're on the mend.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:37 - Sep 29 with 1651 viewsrsonist

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:32 - Sep 29 by robith

Hmmmmmmmmm. Not much additional I can add, but in this age of connected media I feel entitled to cast my voice into the void.

On the one hand, I do feel this isn't as strong as first alluded to. At work we had a list of people we could hire sent round and a certain roundly jowled ex manager of ours charges that for an hour. I can certainly see someone offering that for JFH for 3 days. The Telegraph have turned into a rag in the last 5 years, but they still have a strong investigative arm (they dropped the expenses scandal) so I suspect they have better than what has come out last night - which might make it all academic anyway if the stink is large enough.

However, and I say this as someone who wanted him to stay because we need some stability and a bit of levelling out of who we are - he should go. I personally have zero tolerance for such behaviour as someone who has had to sit through tedious hours of anti-bribery training I know full well that you're above board and you don't even put yourself in that room with them to be honest. But there's reputational risk also - particularly as we try to rebalance the club. A lot of posts saying "they're all at it" - that doesn't need to be so, and only is because we don't challenge it.

Secondly a sizeable portion were already on his back and this will only embolden them. Early doors but our season is teetering a little bit and I feel if he stays the atmosphere will get to its poisonous sacking best - and the new man will not inherit a decent but inconsistent squad but one freefalling down the table.

"A lot of posts saying "they're all at it" - that doesn't need to be so, and only is because we don't challenge it. "

Agree. If you're fully comfortable with JFH being the arbitrarily selected, flimsily indicted sacrificial lamb to usher in that new era then fair enough.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:38 - Sep 29 with 1634 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:33 - Sep 29 by rsonist

You're repeating yourself but still not saying anything. What is the relationship between the club saving money and the manager making money for himself on the side?

It's just my opinion, I don't think it looks right
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:40 - Sep 29 with 1624 viewsHoopsarrr

He may not be in the same boat as Allardyce but the intent is still there. JFH knows the trust is gone, fans won't back him which makes our match on Saturday interesting, pity it's not on Sky. The board have no choice but to sack him, if Allardyce left as he knew it was the right thing, shouldn't Jimmy?

If he goes, whoever replaces him must solemnly swear to bring back exciting, attacking football for 90mins week in week out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024