Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 99057 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:41 - Sep 29 with 2263 viewsTrom

The bit for me is this taken from Sky's website:

"Hasselbaink, who is taking training on Thursday and has received messages of support from owner Tony Fernandes and chief executive Lee Hoos, insists he was only discussing being paid to speak in the Far East on a day off from QPR - something that is sanctioned by a clause in his contract with the club - and that he has no control over transfers, which are handled by director of football Les Ferdinand and the QPR board."

If being able to take on speaking engagements is part of his contractual agreement of the club then I can't see what he's done wrong.

The player stuff at the end seemed like he was not taking it seriously.

So as it stands for me there is not enough evidence to convict JFH of any wrong doing per the information as it stands. This of course could change if anything else comes out of the wood work. This on the face of it doesn't appear like Big Sam who was directly talking about how to circumnavigate his employers rules for a fee.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:42 - Sep 29 with 2262 viewsHooparoo

I think his credibility is shot and he will lose the respect of the players so best for all concerned if he goes. Lets be the club that gets our soul back by saying no to any whiff of corruption.

As my (late) dad always said "Never sell your integrity as you can never buy it back at any price".
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 11:44]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:43 - Sep 29 with 2243 viewsDorse

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:42 - Sep 29 by Hooparoo

I think his credibility is shot and he will lose the respect of the players so best for all concerned if he goes. Lets be the club that gets our soul back by saying no to any whiff of corruption.

As my (late) dad always said "Never sell your integrity as you can never buy it back at any price".

A wise man once said: 'It's hard to piss in the sink when the plughole is full of teabags'.

I think there's a lesson there for us all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:44 - Sep 29 with 2236 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:32 - Sep 29 by robith

Hmmmmmmmmm. Not much additional I can add, but in this age of connected media I feel entitled to cast my voice into the void.

On the one hand, I do feel this isn't as strong as first alluded to. At work we had a list of people we could hire sent round and a certain roundly jowled ex manager of ours charges that for an hour. I can certainly see someone offering that for JFH for 3 days. The Telegraph have turned into a rag in the last 5 years, but they still have a strong investigative arm (they dropped the expenses scandal) so I suspect they have better than what has come out last night - which might make it all academic anyway if the stink is large enough.

However, and I say this as someone who wanted him to stay because we need some stability and a bit of levelling out of who we are - he should go. I personally have zero tolerance for such behaviour as someone who has had to sit through tedious hours of anti-bribery training I know full well that you're above board and you don't even put yourself in that room with them to be honest. But there's reputational risk also - particularly as we try to rebalance the club. A lot of posts saying "they're all at it" - that doesn't need to be so, and only is because we don't challenge it.

Secondly a sizeable portion were already on his back and this will only embolden them. Early doors but our season is teetering a little bit and I feel if he stays the atmosphere will get to its poisonous sacking best - and the new man will not inherit a decent but inconsistent squad but one freefalling down the table.

OK, so, just to play devil's advocate... and the club say they have text messages supposedly supporting his case...

- McGarvey asks JFH if he'd be prepared to speak in the far east for a fee?
- JFH says possibly.
- McGarvey suggests a meeting with this company.
- JFH agrees to informal drink.
- Company offer him chance to speak abroad. He says £55k would be ball park.
- At that point they finally mention players.
- He agrees to look at players they have should all this happen. Not that he'd buy them. Not even that he'd recommend them. But he'll look at them.

I think that is how JFH feels it went. And from that point of view, I have real sympathy for him. You talk about 'putting yourself in a position' but if you go to a meeting believing it's about speaking engagements, that's pretty harsh.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:46 - Sep 29 with 2217 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:42 - Sep 29 by Hooparoo

I'm not sure the players will lose respect for him. May even feel he's been harshly done by and stick by him. Plus, players aren't stupid. They play for managers for whom they know do far worse than this.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:49 - Sep 29 with 2192 viewsThe_Mole

Here's how I see this sorry saga unfolding...

The club will issue another statement in the next 24 hours reiterating that they're fully backing the manager bla bla bla and will not be bullied by the Telegraph or any other tabloid...

Ferdinand and Hoos don't want egg on their face and be seen as appointing a bad egg initially and remain focussed that hiring a rookie up and coming league 1 manager was a good choice and that everyone's focussed on the job ahead - remaining a mid table Championship club and bringing our financials in order!

We'll loose or at best get another bore draw on Saturday and the pitch forks will be out again!

TF wont want to be seen sacking yet another manager, so will chat to his hatchet man LF and ask him to do the do! That will then give us the international break to finds a new manager!

No half decent name will want to work under a director of football, so for the short term will give old Ramsey a second stint until we can convince any manager with half a brain cell to come join our laughing stock of a club!

All from my crystal ball - Call me Septic Peg!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:51 - Sep 29 with 2170 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:49 - Sep 29 by The_Mole

The club will issue another statement in the next 24 hours reiterating that they're fully backing the manager bla bla bla and will not be bullied by the Telegraph or any other tabloid...

Ferdinand and Hoos don't want egg on their face and be seen as appointing a bad egg initially and remain focussed that hiring a rookie up and coming league 1 manager was a good choice and that everyone's focussed on the job ahead - remaining a mid table Championship club and bringing our financials in order!

We'll loose or at best get another bore draw on Saturday and the pitch forks will be out again!

TF wont want to be seen sacking yet another manager, so will chat to his hatchet man LF and ask him to do the do! That will then give us the international break to finds a new manager!

No half decent name will want to work under a director of football, so for the short term will give old Ramsey a second stint until we can convince any manager with half a brain cell to come join our laughing stock of a club!

Guardola works under a director of football, he's decent

I think this whole mess shows why a DOF is needed as it stops managers doing deals with their interests put before the club
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:53 - Sep 29 with 2124 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:44 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

OK, so, just to play devil's advocate... and the club say they have text messages supposedly supporting his case...

- JFH says possibly.
- He agrees to look at players they have should all this happen. Not that he'd buy them. Not even that he'd recommend them. But he'll look at them.

I think that is how JFH feels it went. And from that point of view, I have real sympathy for him. You talk about 'putting yourself in a position' but if you go to a meeting believing it's about speaking engagements, that's pretty harsh.

your probably right but the pressure on him is going to be ridiculous now. It will be a brave but daft decision to not part ways today
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:53 - Sep 29 with 2122 viewsHooparoo

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:51 - Sep 29 by daveB

I think this whole mess shows why a DOF is needed as it stops managers doing deals with their interests put before the club

Gigi di Canio is free at the moment.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:54 - Sep 29 with 2112 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:51 - Sep 29 by daveB

Me too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:59 - Sep 29 with 2050 viewsqueensparker

What a mess.

Even if the club stick with him (and I can see why they would, it's not exactly a smoking gun), the atmosphere at games is going to be poisonous with a lot of fans on his back 24/7 unless we're 4-0 up after 20 mins in every game. Look at some of the comments on here already

Any progress we've made to stability has been lost

Critical that we beat Fulham 8-0. Nothing else will do
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 1970 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:49 - Sep 29 by The_Mole

I knew the manager meeting undercover reporters of his own accord and arranging a dodgy deal would somehow work out to reflect badly on Ferdinand..

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 1966 viewsJuzzie

All I have to say is this;

"Make me happy"

F**k right off.

Anyone involved as a player, manager, assistant etc is earning (sic) more money that most of us can imagine. I have a mortgage, a boy at child minders, made to feel guilty for having, you know, a normal job, a 13 year old car and a 15 year old motorbike because that's all I can afford etc etc.

I couldn't give a shit about any rights or wrongs, that's up to QPR to decide but you sit there wanting more, more, more. When is more ever enough.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:09 - Sep 29 with 1950 viewskensalriser

- JFH says possibly.

So why didn't he just refer the enquiry to his agent if it was simply a speaking gig?

And really, does anyone seriously believe that anyone in the entire world would want to pay Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink £55K just for talking nothing for a couple of evenings? You've seen his post-match interviews, he's as dull as ditchwater and utterly humourless. You can't compare him to Redknapp, who is incomparably better known.

The level of denial on here is staggering.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:11 - Sep 29 with 1915 viewsrobith

- JFH says possibly.

Well maybe I'm being overly harsh because this kind of thing happens to me all the time. An offer of coffee or a lunch to "tell me new developments potentially really good for my client"- then halfway through a desperate salesperson offering all kinds of inducements to get them on my plan - been offered playstations, FA Cup final tickets, even 2.5% of whatever I get clients to spend. For me it's pretty simple, no winks or looking uncomfortable - plain straight "no thanks". If it ever got out mine and my agency's rep would be in tatters.

So yeah, I am being harsh, and as I said it doesn't look as bad as it sounded last night. But he really should've been telling them to do one
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:11 - Sep 29 with 1912 viewsNorthernr

- JFH says possibly.

It's a really reasonable point of view. Nevertheless, at the point they finally mention players he should have put a stop to it immediately. Not a look, nothing.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:14 - Sep 29 with 1884 viewsThe_Mole

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:07 - Sep 29 by Northernr

I knew the manager meeting undercover reporters of his own accord and arranging a dodgy deal would somehow work out to reflect badly on Ferdinand..

This post has been edited by an administrator

Doesn't matter who the DOF is, could be Mickey Mouse, he now has a big pile of horse sh1t placed firmly at his door!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:15 - Sep 29 with 1872 viewsfrancisbowles

Just a thought but how much 'usefull time can you spend in Singapore in three days?

I mean IF you could get a flight departing London at 8am, it would get you to Singapore around 4am the next day. You would then have to leave the following afternoon by around 4pm, again if such a flight exists, to get into London by about 9pm. When you take into account travelling time to and from airport and clearing formalities at either end probably another four hours lost!

Yes it is possible but very difficult to squeeze in rounds of golf etc.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:15 - Sep 29 with 1863 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:14 - Sep 29 by The_Mole

Doesn't matter who the DOF is, could be Mickey Mouse, he now has a big pile of horse sh1t placed firmly at his door!

Through absolutely no fault of his own.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:19 - Sep 29 with 1822 viewsThe_Mole

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:15 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Through absolutely no fault of his own.

Agreed - but how he now deals with this will now make or break him as a DOF (IMHO)
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:20 - Sep 29 with 1800 viewsRaymond

He's going nowhere. Actually hadn't done anything wrong / illegal.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:22 - Sep 29 with 1770 viewsadhoc_qpr

From a practical/cynical perspective, i wonder if how difficult we found it to appoint a manager last time will factor into the decision to back or sack JFH?

With no one obvious in-house to step up (Ramsey surely won't want to be jerked around again!), finding a decent replacement could be tricky and time consuming and leave us in real relegation trouble.

Better in that case to try and ride it out given the lack of evidence of any real wrongdoing.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:24 - Sep 29 with 1755 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:09 - Sep 29 by kensalriser

So why didn't he just refer the enquiry to his agent if it was simply a speaking gig?

And really, does anyone seriously believe that anyone in the entire world would want to pay Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink £55K just for talking nothing for a couple of evenings? You've seen his post-match interviews, he's as dull as ditchwater and utterly humourless. You can't compare him to Redknapp, who is incomparably better known.

The level of denial on here is staggering.

£55k for an ex prem and international player to fly to the other side of the world for three or four days? That's cheap! Seriously cheap!
Not denying anything at all. Maybe he was just looking for a bung. Maybe not. But the evidence is pretty thin.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:26 - Sep 29 with 1736 viewsichbinnaughty

Did I just see Paul Clements' shadow flit by in the background?
Or was that a dream manager??!!!!!! Ho ho ho
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:26 - Sep 29 with 1732 viewssimmo

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:27 - Sep 29 by GloryHunter

It can't be the first time he's done this sort of thing - otherwise how would he know the going rate? He was very quick to slap down the £35k offer, and clearly had £55k or £60k in mind.

That doesn't matter. A fee for a speech is nothing to do with anything. Senior or highg profile people in every business area get paid to give talks or speeches - there's nothing wrong with him doing it or having done it before.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024