Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 97625 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:58 - Sep 29 with 3062 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:56 - Sep 29 by joolsyp

Me too. Sadly I think we're in the minority here - the vocal majority have already made up their mind.

I'm pissed off with JFH, as I consider him at the very least greedy, but yeah i'm confident the club have a handle on it and I trust their judgement. We've come a long way.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 0:03]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:02 - Sep 30 with 3042 viewsTrom

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:05 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Well, they're giving it a long lead up if that is true - the Barnsley assistant coach and the Southamptin assistant manager. Big whoop.

waiting for Saturday when they can shift more copies?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:08 - Sep 30 with 2999 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:36 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

The other points of note:

1) Bruce - he's a walking heart attack as it is; this could kill him.

2) How many of that list played under Sir Alex for a decent spell?! More than a coincidence?

Not a coincidence IMO.

Close mate of Allardyce too, IIRC
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:11 - Sep 30 with 2979 viewsHunterhoop

Me too. Sadly I think we're in the minority here - the vocal majority have already made up their mind.

I'll back Les and Hoos whatever decision they make. Hoos has been extremely impressive to date and has a great track record.

I just think they will decide to remove him. And, if I were making the decision, I would probably make the decision to remove him for all the things explained before.

But that doesn't mean I won't get behind a different decision, if they take a different approach. I think a lot of fans are in that boat.

Let's just win at Fulham. That would be nice.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 01:28 - Sep 30 with 2830 viewsWilloW4

A mate worked at HQ putting up all new badge signs and did loads of refurb work , he met JFH on a number of occasions and at harlington too.. He's a Rangers fan and was chuffed to do the job, but said out of all the folks he met.Hasslebaink was the most dour, rude, humourless and I quote" fecking unpleasant" one of the lot.Just saying.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 06:02 - Sep 30 with 2699 viewsFredManRave

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 01:28 - Sep 30 by WilloW4

A mate worked at HQ putting up all new badge signs and did loads of refurb work , he met JFH on a number of occasions and at harlington too.. He's a Rangers fan and was chuffed to do the job, but said out of all the folks he met.Hasslebaink was the most dour, rude, humourless and I quote" fecking unpleasant" one of the lot.Just saying.

Your mate obviously didn't make JFH happy...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:08 - Sep 30 with 2615 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:05 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Well, they're giving it a long lead up if that is true - the Barnsley assistant coach and the Southamptin assistant manager. Big whoop.

This.

I reckon that they have similar on those "Big Names", but are thinking more than twice, not on whether they have watertight evidence, but because Mr. Scudamore will not be happy if HIS product is tarnished in any way.

Fck the National team, but if the Premier League is wronged, well...

The Telegraph would lose access to Premier League Managers and they can't have 5hat, can they? If they want to investigate Integrity, they should pick up a mirror. It's not just those in the game that are untrustworthy scumbags, is it?

We can't criticise the "greatest league in the world" after all, can we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:14 - Sep 30 with 2604 viewsdaveB

I don't think any of those big names will be named by the paper, all they seem to have is an agent speculating rather than any evidence on them
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:38 - Sep 30 with 2530 viewsNW5Hoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:57 - Sep 29 by baz_qpr

But you know full well as your in the business that JFH is a non story on its own, manager discusses fee for speech then agrees to look at agents player. Its the juxtaposition of the grainy picture of the most famous face factual headline but placed above the lead stores which are for more serious (actual cash bung) / dodgy owner. It implies more than it actually says in words. Its sleight of hand by the DT for which they are in a grey area. Copy on its own is probably not challengeable.

I don't think, on its own, they would have run this story. It's part of a series, and that's the only way it stands up as worthwhile. But the words of the headline were true: he's willing to accept money from a firm that wants to sell him players. It's not a grey area, it's all backed up by what he said. Seriously, the legal costs and potential damages from any of this that didn't stand up would be colossal. My bet would be that they have much worse stuff on all their targets, but containing enough ambivalence that the lawyers wouldn't let it through. When a story has been heavily legalled, you're usually seeing a much less provocative version than the original draft.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:38 - Sep 30 with 2530 viewsElHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:14 - Sep 30 by daveB

I don't think any of those big names will be named by the paper, all they seem to have is an agent speculating rather than any evidence on them

Yeah I agree. They would have named them if they could have done. Instead they have let the speculation flourish 'early doors' in their campaign to get some momentum and maybe flush out a bit more.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:41 - Sep 30 with 2521 viewsNW5Hoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:34 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Why is JFH Les' mate? They've never played together nor had any connection prior to him being hired here last season, a process that was overseen by Hoos and Ferdinand. So he's as much Hoos' mate as Ferdinand's.

Come on Clive, isn't it obvious that all black people are friends with each other, and always seeking to give each other jobs. They control football. How can you not have noticed?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:44 - Sep 30 with 2517 viewsrobith

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:10 - Sep 29 by queensparker

Think of Twitter as the home of the people who would get ignored/shut down in any real life/public situation. Weirdos who have finally found somewhere where other weirdos will pay them attention and make them feel important

Cf Trump's electorate
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 23:13]

Twitter summed up

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:45 - Sep 30 with 2511 viewsElHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:08 - Sep 29 by daveB

That's a really good interview. It gives them some time and space to make the right decision, whatever that may be.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph (n/t) on 08:30 - Sep 30 with 2380 viewsHitch

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 08:34 - Sep 30 with 2367 viewsHitch

Les looks as nervous as hell in that interview. He was looking everywhere but the camera.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 08:43 - Sep 30 with 2333 viewsconnell10

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:21 - Sep 29 by BklynRanger

Les not looking happy at all in that.

yep looked really pissed off and i dont blame him! Thank god we have a dof or this could have been a whole lot worse!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:08 - Sep 30 with 2235 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm with those who're happy to trust whatever decision Hoos and Ferdinand make on this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:21 - Sep 30 with 2195 viewsbosh67

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 07:45 - Sep 30 by ElHoop

That's a really good interview. It gives them some time and space to make the right decision, whatever that may be.

Can't argue with any of what Lee and Les say. I reckon that if it is what they think it is then Jimmy will get a quiet rap across the knuckles and told to be more careful. And that will be the end of it. Although, if Fulham tonk us yet again that may change.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:45 - Sep 30 with 2096 viewssevenhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:34 - Sep 29 by kensalriser

Hoos is eloquent and comfortable in front of the camera and sounded authoritative without actually saying very much at all. Les looked more like he was anticipating an imminent attack of dysentry.

Kensal, that generated an audible guffaw fro me
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:58 - Sep 30 with 2042 viewsMonkey_Roots

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:29 - Sep 29 by Lblock

Not that you'd expect any different but Les looks like someones pissed on his chips.
His mate has let him down big time and pushed him towards a decision he looks steadfastly that he didn't want to make....without The Torygraph we could've seen a dozen more games of dross ball. Now i doubt we will

Fair play to Hoos. I shudder to think how it could've looked if Bungle was in his chair for that

I challenge you to write a post that doesn't contain a nickname of some sort — I can't explain why it winds me up so much, but it does. Constantly dropping in fanciful monikers at every opportunity... I picture you delivering them in a David Brent style, giggling as you say it, and then awkwardly looking at the camera and fiddling with your tie when nobody laughs.

Maybe i'm being unreasonable? If so, I apologise — I just have this irrational rage when I see 'Bungle', 'ODH', 'Scumford Fridge' etc...

I do like your avatar though, if that somehow tempers the mean spirited nature of this post, then all the better.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:00 - Sep 30 with 2027 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:58 - Sep 30 by Monkey_Roots

I challenge you to write a post that doesn't contain a nickname of some sort — I can't explain why it winds me up so much, but it does. Constantly dropping in fanciful monikers at every opportunity... I picture you delivering them in a David Brent style, giggling as you say it, and then awkwardly looking at the camera and fiddling with your tie when nobody laughs.

Maybe i'm being unreasonable? If so, I apologise — I just have this irrational rage when I see 'Bungle', 'ODH', 'Scumford Fridge' etc...

I do like your avatar though, if that somehow tempers the mean spirited nature of this post, then all the better.

And an explanation as to why JFH is Les' mate but not Hoos' mate, even though they ran the recruitment process together and neither had ever worked with him previously, while you're at it please LBlock? Other than, you know, the obvious.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:02 - Sep 30 with 2021 viewsNorthernr

Latest statement...

QPR can confirm that we are currently unable to proceed any further with the club's internal investigation at this stage, as The Telegraph are yet to provide full and complete unconditional disclosure of all the information it has, despite a number of requests from both the club and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's legal team.

We urge The Telegraph to provide full disclosure of all its information relating to the allegations, including video footage and a full transcript of the discussions that took place.

The club believes this information should not be provided selectively, but unedited and unconditionally, in order for the club to view the full context and the sequence of what was said by all parties to include in its investigation.

Once again, we appreciate the QPR fans want this issue dealt with as quickly as possible, which is why we request full cooperation from The Telegraph in providing us with the aforementioned footage and transcript.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, his staff and the R’s players remain 100% focused and committed on the job in hand, and as a club we would encourage our supporters to show their passionate and loyal support, as they always do, when we play Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship tomorrow (Saturday) lunchtime.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:06 - Sep 30 with 1996 viewsstevec

Noticed Hoos emphasis on 'Ruben and I', seem to be understandably distancing themselves from other parts of the food chain.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:06 - Sep 30 with 1989 viewsPinnerPaul

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 01:28 - Sep 30 by WilloW4

Surprised JFH has so much interaction with the builders?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:07 - Sep 30 with 1985 viewsElHoop

'The club believes this information should not be provided selectively, but unedited and unconditionally......'

I wonder why the word 'unconditionally' is used there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024