Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98985 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:08 - Sep 30 with 2346 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:02 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Latest statement...

QPR can confirm that we are currently unable to proceed any further with the club's internal investigation at this stage, as The Telegraph are yet to provide full and complete unconditional disclosure of all the information it has, despite a number of requests from both the club and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's legal team.

We urge The Telegraph to provide full disclosure of all its information relating to the allegations, including video footage and a full transcript of the discussions that took place.

The club believes this information should not be provided selectively, but unedited and unconditionally, in order for the club to view the full context and the sequence of what was said by all parties to include in its investigation.

Once again, we appreciate the QPR fans want this issue dealt with as quickly as possible, which is why we request full cooperation from The Telegraph in providing us with the aforementioned footage and transcript.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, his staff and the R’s players remain 100% focused and committed on the job in hand, and as a club we would encourage our supporters to show their passionate and loyal support, as they always do, when we play Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship tomorrow (Saturday) lunchtime.

Think that's fair enough.
Not sure why the Telegraph would take so long. But guess they're busy.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:09 - Sep 30 with 2341 viewskingsburyR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:02 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Latest statement...

QPR can confirm that we are currently unable to proceed any further with the club's internal investigation at this stage, as The Telegraph are yet to provide full and complete unconditional disclosure of all the information it has, despite a number of requests from both the club and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's legal team.

We urge The Telegraph to provide full disclosure of all its information relating to the allegations, including video footage and a full transcript of the discussions that took place.

The club believes this information should not be provided selectively, but unedited and unconditionally, in order for the club to view the full context and the sequence of what was said by all parties to include in its investigation.

Once again, we appreciate the QPR fans want this issue dealt with as quickly as possible, which is why we request full cooperation from The Telegraph in providing us with the aforementioned footage and transcript.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, his staff and the R’s players remain 100% focused and committed on the job in hand, and as a club we would encourage our supporters to show their passionate and loyal support, as they always do, when we play Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship tomorrow (Saturday) lunchtime.

The Telegraph also refusing to release anything to Southampton r.e. Black.

Bit harsh that. Throw the shite then refuse to offer up the offending shovel!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:15 - Sep 30 with 2315 viewsNW10Hoop

It's pretty fcking low to throw accusations around, jeopardize people's careers and then provide the "evidence" of wrongdoing.

Whether JFH has done anything or not, it'd be pretty harsh on him to get the sack without the facts
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:18 - Sep 30 with 2290 viewsJuzzie

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:08 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

or they're shitting it cos they edited the video to give a certain impression that actual doesn't reflect the real situation?

If that's the case then they may as well have got Cassetteboy to edit it.

[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 10:22]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:18 - Sep 30 with 2284 viewsTheChef

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 01:28 - Sep 30 by WilloW4

A mate worked at HQ putting up all new badge signs and did loads of refurb work , he met JFH on a number of occasions and at harlington too.. He's a Rangers fan and was chuffed to do the job, but said out of all the folks he met.Hasslebaink was the most dour, rude, humourless and I quote" fecking unpleasant" one of the lot.Just saying.

Don't forget that JFH is also Dutch.

I work in a company with a few Dutch employees. Dour and humourless is often a trait, as well as being, er, straight to the point.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:20 - Sep 30 with 2267 viewsPunteR

Jimmys biggest problem is Fulham tomorrow.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:24 - Sep 30 with 2223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A mate worked at HQ putting up all new badge signs and did loads of refurb work , he met JFH on a number of occasions and at harlington too.. He's a Rangers fan and was chuffed to do the job, but said out of all the folks he met.Hasslebaink was the most dour, rude, humourless and I quote" fecking unpleasant" one of the lot.Just saying.

All due respect mate, you was pretty unpleasant to a young lad in the ticket office for something pretty petty, so we all have our bad days.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:24 - Sep 30 with 2223 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am intrigued to see what the reaction to him will be tomorrow at Fulham.
Gutted to be going to a wedding and missing it but my lad and mate are going so at least I will get to hear about it first hand.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:25 - Sep 30 with 2208 viewsdaveB

They've refused to hand over to the FA so we've got no chance
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:27 - Sep 30 with 2191 viewsMaggsinho

That statement very much reads as the club circling the wagons against the Telegraph - the references to 'the club and JFH's legal team' in one breath, the call to arms to the fans for tomorrow.

Unless the Telegraph provide more evidence and there's a clear smoking gun I'd be surprised now if they sack him on the basis of the evidence so far.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:33 - Sep 30 with 2132 viewsstevec

I'm surprised anyone expects the Telegraph to release anything directly to the clubs, anything fraudulent should be in the hands of the Police.

We constantly moan about the greed and avarice of football then do our level best to 'protect' those responsible. Fraud investigations should be carried out, agents forced to hand over their bank accounts, investigate where the money goes. There will be a paper trail and that will indict the guilty within the clubs themselves.

In JFH case, he hasn't actually carried out anything fraudulent but you can't help wonder whether there was intent, in which case, is he to be trusted?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 2117 viewsLongsufferingR

Oh well he must be corrupt then! Jesus Christ man give it a rest.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 2117 viewsrsonist

Rumsby works for the Telegraph. What on earth is he talking about?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 2114 viewsdavman

Not sure that this is "fair enough" as I think that this shows big naivety on the part of our board. The Telegraph are not going to show their hand so quickly and easily on this one. If they are comfortable with what they have, let Jimmy's Lawyers challenge them and then let it all come out in court.
Why should they show their hand now just in case it does hang them?They are more than likely to play the waiting game to see if JFH feels strongly enough to take this to court. If he does feel strong enough to risk all there, then bring it on.

If they want this resolved quickly, then waiting for full disclosure is NOT the right way to go. Potentially, this has the same legs as the bloody FFP allegations that still remain unresolved.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:37 - Sep 30 with 2094 viewsHunterhoop

Ultimately, of the Telegraph won't provide the full unedited recording, you have to ask why?

I thought it was a given they'd release the full videos to the employers in questions.

If they don't, it can only be because they are now considered it won't reflect the edited version (ie. The edited version is not reflective of what was discussed). If that's the case it's unbelievably unprofessional of a company! They will liable for defamation of character.

Astonishing of the Telegraph's legal team didn't review the story and approve it before it went out.

That's gross negligence on someone's part there and someone will be in big trouble.

It's also completely unethical. If you produce a story and slander someone's character you have to be willing to share and show the primary source evidence!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:38 - Sep 30 with 2099 viewspaulparker

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:24 - Sep 30 by CroydonCaptJack

I am intrigued to see what the reaction to him will be tomorrow at Fulham.
Gutted to be going to a wedding and missing it but my lad and mate are going so at least I will get to hear about it first hand.

Be interesting to see if he actually goes for it for once considering he needs a result and a performance , added incentive that we win a derby match , he could really get the fans back on side here
if he goes with karl henry, a central midfielder on the wing and one up top then the bloke really should be shown the door
also worth noting if the team is behind him or not judging the first 10 minutes of the game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:42 - Sep 30 with 2055 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 30 by davman

Not sure that this is "fair enough" as I think that this shows big naivety on the part of our board. The Telegraph are not going to show their hand so quickly and easily on this one. If they are comfortable with what they have, let Jimmy's Lawyers challenge them and then let it all come out in court.
Why should they show their hand now just in case it does hang them?They are more than likely to play the waiting game to see if JFH feels strongly enough to take this to court. If he does feel strong enough to risk all there, then bring it on.

If they want this resolved quickly, then waiting for full disclosure is NOT the right way to go. Potentially, this has the same legs as the bloody FFP allegations that still remain unresolved.

That may be true, mate, but it's an entirely unethical approach from the Telegraph. It's appalling behaviour.

It may allow them to hold the cards in the event a lawsuit is brought (when they'll have to release it anyway), but this is someone's life and career you're playing with. Behave with some f*cking decency and give the employer the full footage so they can make an educated, informed decision on the action to take.

Not handing it over casts doubts on its validity.

Hoos playing this right in my view.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:46 - Sep 30 with 2027 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:42 - Sep 30 by Hunterhoop

That may be true, mate, but it's an entirely unethical approach from the Telegraph. It's appalling behaviour.

It may allow them to hold the cards in the event a lawsuit is brought (when they'll have to release it anyway), but this is someone's life and career you're playing with. Behave with some f*cking decency and give the employer the full footage so they can make an educated, informed decision on the action to take.

Not handing it over casts doubts on its validity.

Hoos playing this right in my view.

Where is unethical is the scheme of things here? It's all bloody 'unethical', so should be no surprise that this is happening.

They don't have to pass anything over, so they won't. Go on then, QPR, what are you going to do when we say no?

IMO, they have no option now to carry on with things with the cloud over our heads until this eventually gets to court.

I also reckon that, even if results go absolutely nuclear, they can't get rid of him now as they are clearly standing with him here; it'd look a little silly if they sack him after our annual drubbing by the River on Saturday, wouldn't it?

A completeshitstorm. As always.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:47 - Sep 30 with 2014 viewsToast_R

It all hangs on Fulham for JFH. If QPR do their usual 5 minute white flag job, he's public enemy no 1 and a dead man walking as far as the fans are concerned. Win, and he survives and gets a fair hearing.

Almost a Hollywood feel to this one.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:51 - Sep 30 with 1973 viewsLongsufferingR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:47 - Sep 30 by Toast_R

It all hangs on Fulham for JFH. If QPR do their usual 5 minute white flag job, he's public enemy no 1 and a dead man walking as far as the fans are concerned. Win, and he survives and gets a fair hearing.

Almost a Hollywood feel to this one.

Well, I think this may be a vain hope but I would really love it if ALL the fans got behind him and the team on Saturday. Nothing to be gained from fighting amongst ourselves as that is a sure way to affect the players in a negative way and end up with another caning.

I hope those with an obvious ulterior agenda just stay away.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:52 - Sep 30 with 1954 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:38 - Sep 30 by paulparker

Be interesting to see if he actually goes for it for once considering he needs a result and a performance , added incentive that we win a derby match , he could really get the fans back on side here
if he goes with karl henry, a central midfielder on the wing and one up top then the bloke really should be shown the door
also worth noting if the team is behind him or not judging the first 10 minutes of the game

Agree Paul. Tomorrow will tell us a lot. I suspect Karl won't play - there's a break after this, so no one needs to be saved for another game. I suspect this..

Smithies
Onuoha Caulker Hall Lynch
Borysiuk Luongo
Wszolek Chery Washington/Shodipo
Polter/Sylla

Unless Cousins is fit, in which case he'll start.

But the players attitude will tell us a lot. If they feel he's been stitched up a bit and they go out and give a great performance - or at least a good one - it will be a good sign. If we're 3-0 down by half time as usual, then I don't think he'll survive the int break.

As things stand, I think the club will stick by him for now. There's not enough there to sack him, it needs to be seen in full context and what happened later.

I don't know the legals but I don't really understand why full files can't be handed to the FA, us or Southampton. It's not like we can delete it and essentially we (should) be on their side in rooting out corruption. There's certainly not enough there to prosecute JFH on, either. Puzzling.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:52 - Sep 30 with 1951 viewsGloryHunter

I wonder where Scott McGarvey is now? He won't have made himself very popular within the game.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:54 - Sep 30 with 1942 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:51 - Sep 30 by LongsufferingR

Well, I think this may be a vain hope but I would really love it if ALL the fans got behind him and the team on Saturday. Nothing to be gained from fighting amongst ourselves as that is a sure way to affect the players in a negative way and end up with another caning.

I hope those with an obvious ulterior agenda just stay away.

Agree, but we both know there's no chance of that happening unless we're two up in 20 minutes. And we both know there's no chance of that happening.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:55 - Sep 30 with 1939 viewsstevec

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:35 - Sep 30 by davman

Precisely, and the way FFP has remained unresolved you suspect the Club is less than trusted.

Tony needs to show this club is whiter than white now, far too much seems to get swept under the carpet for too many years.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:55 - Sep 30 with 1939 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:33 - Sep 30 by stevec

I'm surprised anyone expects the Telegraph to release anything directly to the clubs, anything fraudulent should be in the hands of the Police.

We constantly moan about the greed and avarice of football then do our level best to 'protect' those responsible. Fraud investigations should be carried out, agents forced to hand over their bank accounts, investigate where the money goes. There will be a paper trail and that will indict the guilty within the clubs themselves.

In JFH case, he hasn't actually carried out anything fraudulent but you can't help wonder whether there was intent, in which case, is he to be trusted?

If it's something criminal and in the hands of the police then that's fair enough but not sure anything they have suggested he did was criminal so don't really understand why they can't help the club out and at least if he's done something wrong we can then do something about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024