Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98577 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:23 - Sep 30 with 2431 viewsBklynRanger

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:07 - Sep 30 by runningman75

That is Chery behind Polter.

It looked more like Washington to me.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:23 - Sep 30 with 2431 viewsthemodfather

set ups are not nice, mcgarvey has really done a job on "mates" but the sooner jfh gone, the better imo. others have gone for les...d'sousa had a chat with qpr fans, who stopped him, he had a few words and that was that for flav!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:24 - Sep 30 with 2419 viewsGloryHunter

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:13 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

Agree Brighton, but if he knows McGarvey and he's said, will you meet with these people about a potential speaking engagement for a drink... where's the harm? Well, see the harm now, but this sort of thing is not exactly unusual. You get introduced to someone who talks about possible work down the line? There's nothing criminal in that whatsoever and if it had been on the up and up then he may well have said, 'right sort the details out with my agent'. You're effectively saying no person in football should ever meet with anyone they don't know about any business. But I dunno - clearly that's best advice from what we've seen!

As I've said before, he's never going to do it again. Let's get behind Jimmy tomorrow and show him some love - it might turn out to be a turning point.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:27 - Sep 30 with 2402 viewsAddinall

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 10:51 - Sep 30 by LongsufferingR

Well, I think this may be a vain hope but I would really love it if ALL the fans got behind him and the team on Saturday. Nothing to be gained from fighting amongst ourselves as that is a sure way to affect the players in a negative way and end up with another caning.

I hope those with an obvious ulterior agenda just stay away.

This
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:29 - Sep 30 with 2378 viewsPinnerPaul

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:06 - Sep 30 by Brightonhoop

Not sure what more the Board can do in the circumstances. It is pretty low of the Telegraph not to release full details having stuck the knife in. Cowardly and scummy at best.
Yesterday plod said it had met with both Telegraph and FA with no view to prosecutions at this stage. Meaning weak evidence. CPS wouldn't entertain criminal charges on what plod has seen.
Still cannot fathom what JFH was at. Why meet them? Who is advising him? Why not have a third arty negotiate fees for works he is contractually allowed to engage in? Why was it not formalised in writing prior to any meeting? Easy with hindsight you might say but ffs these are simple basic principles and practices. Stupid beyond belief.
Best way forwards I think is for JFH to instruct proceedings for defamation and the club to be ready to do the same. Ball is now in JFH's court, if he is clean he has nothing to fear. Doing nothing at this stage is starting to look worse imho. In the context think Les and Hoos have got this spot on.

They haven't done "Nothing"

Club has launched an investigation and both club and JFH have asked for full disclosure - how is that "nothing"

Awful lot of people on here are going to be disappointed if he stays - THAT is sad.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:35 - Sep 30 with 2326 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:57 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

I say again "in court"?

How? Why?

If and when JFH sues them for defamation of character, I suspect that would be in a court, or do you have any bright ideas where else they could do it.

I didn't say anything about a criminal court as it looks like he's done nothing illegal...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:38 - Sep 30 with 2306 viewsRangers67

As a fan who has been forthright in my view that JFH has to go, I would say that on what we know and have seen so far then there isn,t a case to answer really and certainly not enough grounds to get rid of him. My concern is that he seems to think everything is rosy in the garden otherwise he would have the players in for training as normal and not be looking to fly half way around the world and back to trouser some cash.
This demonstrates even further how out of touch he is with reality. If it hadn,t been for Perch getting injured on Sat I reckon we would have lost.
Someone on another thread asked who do we want as the next manager, well I want someone who is going to set the team up to try and win games, someone who doesn,t sit in his dugout for half the match whilst the team falls apart again in front of him, someone who doesn,t play hoofball , someone who doesn,t watch the team lump high balls up to a smallish center forward ( Washington ) only to see the ball come back with interest, someone who sets the team up to retain possession and for players to move into space to receive the ball rather than go missing, someone who doesn,t play Onuhua as right back and captain both of which he clearly is not but play him at center half where he is half decent, someone who when the opposition have a player who is running the show ( Jon Joe Shelvey) puts one of our midfield players on him to man mark him and at least try and take him out of the game, I could go on but won,t. Just give us someone who has half an idea what they are doing and just as impotantly......cares.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:38 - Sep 30 with 2301 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:29 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

They haven't done "Nothing"

Club has launched an investigation and both club and JFH have asked for full disclosure - how is that "nothing"

Awful lot of people on here are going to be disappointed if he stays - THAT is sad.

I'm talking about JFH's lawyers, they should start proceedings. Not commencing proceedings is making it look worse imho.

Not blaming the Board at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:41 - Sep 30 with 2273 viewsPinnerPaul

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:35 - Sep 30 by davman

If and when JFH sues them for defamation of character, I suspect that would be in a court, or do you have any bright ideas where else they could do it.

I didn't say anything about a criminal court as it looks like he's done nothing illegal...

If they are "suing" then JFH's lawyers become the prosecution if you like, so obviously, like the police, to do that they would need full tape/transcript before they proceed.

What possible justification is there for DT to withhold the tapes/transcript?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:48 - Sep 30 with 2231 viewsbosh67

God I hope we don't get tonked yet again on Saturday for Jimmy's sake.

I can almost hear the Fulham fans singing the song at 4 nil...

'It's happening again, it's happening again. Thanks for the players, Jim, it's happening again.'

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:50 - Sep 30 with 2201 viewsQPR_Jim

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:23 - Sep 30 by themodfather

set ups are not nice, mcgarvey has really done a job on "mates" but the sooner jfh gone, the better imo. others have gone for les...d'sousa had a chat with qpr fans, who stopped him, he had a few words and that was that for flav!

Your opinion also seems to be that Flavio Briatore should used as an example of how to run a football club!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 2198 views1BobbyHazell

I think we should forget this theory that the Telegraph have more incriminating evidence that they are 'saving' just in case JFH decides to sue. They're a newspaper looking for the biggest story possible, why on earth would they hide some of that?!

You don't save the juiciest part of a story and incur god knows what in hassle and legal fees just to produce it later in a court case that could have been avoided in the first place by putting it in your original 'revelation'.

For me it's looking weaker by the minute but bar a dramatic upturn in form and/or style so are JFH's chances of surviving.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 2196 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:41 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

If they are "suing" then JFH's lawyers become the prosecution if you like, so obviously, like the police, to do that they would need full tape/transcript before they proceed.

ffs if he sues they are legally obliged to reveal all in law. With the info available I think that is his next best course of action.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:54 - Sep 30 with 2188 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:50 - Sep 30 by QPR_Jim

Your opinion also seems to be that Flavio Briatore should used as an example of how to run a football club!

It's an odd one, particularly as the sacking of Sousa was an absolute fkn disgrace.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:16 - Sep 30 with 2071 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:41 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

Because they might be worried that they could be used against them?

If they keep them, they keep the upper hand as JFH and his team would need to decide whether it is worth the gamble going after them. If they have all the information the DT has, then they may be able to make a definitive call.

But, none of us really knows here.

Can we go out yet?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:19 - Sep 30 with 2059 viewsrichranger

It seems to me that though all this the club have been acting in exactly the right manner. Yes, they know there is something to investigate, but can't do so without having knowledge of everything that was said in the meeting.
The Telegraph are beginning to look more and more stupid in this, by not handing over the material.
I'm currently reserving judgement on the guilt, or otherwise of Hasselbaink, which is what the club is doing too - and surely the rule of law is innocent until proven guilty.
Jimmy was a prat to go to the meeting, and may yet pay with his job, but if anything, the club will come out of this looking stronger, not weaker. Who would have thought that if it had happened a few years ago...
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:20 - Sep 30 with 2047 viewsdavman

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:51 - Sep 30 by 1BobbyHazell

I think we should forget this theory that the Telegraph have more incriminating evidence that they are 'saving' just in case JFH decides to sue. They're a newspaper looking for the biggest story possible, why on earth would they hide some of that?!

You don't save the juiciest part of a story and incur god knows what in hassle and legal fees just to produce it later in a court case that could have been avoided in the first place by putting it in your original 'revelation'.

For me it's looking weaker by the minute but bar a dramatic upturn in form and/or style so are JFH's chances of surviving.

Agree with this, but it didn't look that strong from the start, yet the majority on here were ready to shoot.

If we were playing better, this wouldn't have sparked such debate on this thread...

Can we go out yet?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:21 - Sep 30 with 2047 viewsbosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10599465/hasselbaink-i-have

He's not a happy bunny, is he? Next person he walks past carrying a copy of The Telegraph is going to get their head kicked in.

To be honest, if nothing else comes to light, this is a rap across the knuckles by the club and who knows, it may be the kick up the ar*e and the reality check he needs to get this job right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:53 - Sep 30 with 1891 viewspaulparker

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:21 - Sep 30 by bosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10599465/hasselbaink-i-have

He's not a happy bunny, is he? Next person he walks past carrying a copy of The Telegraph is going to get their head kicked in.

To be honest, if nothing else comes to light, this is a rap across the knuckles by the club and who knows, it may be the kick up the ar*e and the reality check he needs to get this job right.

And maybe take training on Monday, Tuesday Wednesday when the international break is on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 14:53 - Sep 30 with 1885 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:51 - Sep 30 by 1BobbyHazell

Agree with this too.

If the editing effectively over egged the link between the £55k speaking fee and the short conversation on players (ie. there was a long gap between the two, as opposed to a longer conversation about the latter, which they edited down) then it alters the intrepetation any reasonable minded person, jury, CPS or judge would have on the "evidence".

So, Dav, it's perfectly reasonable for this development (Telegraph refusing to hand over the unedited footage) to alter people's view on the matter.

JFH put himself in a position whereby he could be accused of a conflict of interests (and quite rightly accused). What the video may do is exaggerate the link between the fee and signing players (to presumably sell papers), thereby misrepresenting what happened, and, therefore, exaggerating the likelihood of him actually doing anything corrupt.

We still don't know (and probably never will) whether he would have behaved corruptly in future, if this had been real and gone ahead and he'd been in a position to do so. The issue of whether a potential conflict of interests existed and him being in a situation from which he could act corruptly is a sackable offence (it's not illegal until/unless it happens) is subjective. In my line of work (and others') it would be. Hoos may deem otherwise. I'll back the call regardless.

The refusal to hand over the unedited tape indicates it's "more" likely that the Telegraph misrepresented things than it was when I/we all assumed the unedited tape backed up the way they had edited the tape and the way they framed the story. I just couldn't believe they'd run a story defaming someone so obviously without the evidence being watertight and signed off by their legal team. Defamation lawsuits don't come cheap!

Either way, JFH acted naively and stupidly (to not walk out as soon as players were mentioned), but Hoos may deem a warning (and a change to his contract of employment) is enough. It's a decision for him.

Like a few others have mentioned, it would have been incredibly sad for him to have his career ruined for simply being naive and not bent. But, at the same time, the club need to appear to be operating and behaving in line with the new code of conduct/ethos. JFH undoubtedly has brought this into disrepute by not walking out when players were mentioned and he became aware of the fake firms actual business purpose. But, again, what action this warrants is a decision for Hoos, which ALL fans should back.

In the meantime, as others have said too, we should all go to Craven Cottage, back JFH and back the team and try to win a bloody game of football.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:00 - Sep 30 with 1854 viewsLesleys_cat

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:38 - Sep 30 by Rangers67

As a fan who has been forthright in my view that JFH has to go, I would say that on what we know and have seen so far then there isn,t a case to answer really and certainly not enough grounds to get rid of him. My concern is that he seems to think everything is rosy in the garden otherwise he would have the players in for training as normal and not be looking to fly half way around the world and back to trouser some cash.
This demonstrates even further how out of touch he is with reality. If it hadn,t been for Perch getting injured on Sat I reckon we would have lost.
Someone on another thread asked who do we want as the next manager, well I want someone who is going to set the team up to try and win games, someone who doesn,t sit in his dugout for half the match whilst the team falls apart again in front of him, someone who doesn,t play hoofball , someone who doesn,t watch the team lump high balls up to a smallish center forward ( Washington ) only to see the ball come back with interest, someone who sets the team up to retain possession and for players to move into space to receive the ball rather than go missing, someone who doesn,t play Onuhua as right back and captain both of which he clearly is not but play him at center half where he is half decent, someone who when the opposition have a player who is running the show ( Jon Joe Shelvey) puts one of our midfield players on him to man mark him and at least try and take him out of the game, I could go on but won,t. Just give us someone who has half an idea what they are doing and just as impotantly......cares.

Well said that man! I want him out for "lack of football" reasons. 10 months, 40 plus games, his own players and we are still playing turgid snoozeball. Wake up and smell the coffee, he aint gonna get better. I don't want to be in the premier league, I don't want to win every week. I want to see attacking football because that is the reason I fell in love with rangers.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:03 - Sep 30 with 1828 viewsPinnerPaul

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:51 - Sep 30 by Brightonhoop

ffs if he sues they are legally obliged to reveal all in law. With the info available I think that is his next best course of action.

Haven't answered my question though, what justification is there for DT withholding JFH tape/transcript?

Think nearly everyone agrees he hasn't done anything illegal.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:09 - Sep 30 with 1789 viewsFredManRave

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:03 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

Haven't answered my question though, what justification is there for DT withholding JFH tape/transcript?

Bloody Hell PP, you'll have Monkey going Ape with your post.

Is it;

DT - Daily Tellergraph

JFH - Jimmy "Financial" HassleBank

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:13 - Sep 30 with 1766 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:03 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

Nor have I said he has done anything illegal.

Nor have I said there is justification for DT to withhold full disclosure.

I think JFH next best course of action is to sue DT for defamation. So disclosure has to occurr.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:15 - Sep 30 with 1752 viewssimmo

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:23 - Sep 30 by themodfather

Yeah we should definitely try to be more like Flavio when it comes to hiring and firing managers, those were the glory days of club ownership.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024