Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98991 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:02 - Sep 30 with 2615 viewsrsonist

I don't know if any of you have been discussing this with fans of other clubs/people outside the Rangers bubble, but for what it's worth I haven't come across a single person who thinks JFH ought to be axed for this.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:02 - Sep 30 with 2610 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 16:24 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Want to write the match preview for me? Sitting here staring at a blank page trying to decide what I think about it all.

Clive, a blank page sums QPR up ATM. What's happening? Blank page. Who's running the show? Blank page. Can we have our Rangers back? Blank page. What chance have we got/ Blank page.

Yer couldn't make it up? But we do. In spades. And then some.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:05 - Sep 30 with 2607 viewsichbinnaughty

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:05 - Sep 30 with 2606 viewsSomersetHoops

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 17:35 - Sep 30 by TacticalR

The thing is that it's really hard to separate opinions about JFH's football management from opinins about this Telegraph incident, although they are two different things.

As things are by no means clear (about the Telegraph incident), and even the club has postponed judgement, maybe do the case for and against?

[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 17:39]

The money is not to hear JFH talk - how boring that would be. He has had a charisma bypass and is clearly is only interested in money and isn't worried about how he gets it. What this incident demonstrates to me is that he doesn't really give a toss about QPR. I think Ollie was the last manager we had who cared, although Warnock was getting there until Tony sacked him. It would be great to have another manager who really cared about QPR rather than just their own personal interest, but there probably aren't any out there good enough, as far as our directors and club management are concerned.

Who's Next?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:31 - Sep 30 with 2520 viewsBerkoRanger

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:05 - Sep 30 by SomersetHoops

The money is not to hear JFH talk - how boring that would be. He has had a charisma bypass and is clearly is only interested in money and isn't worried about how he gets it. What this incident demonstrates to me is that he doesn't really give a toss about QPR. I think Ollie was the last manager we had who cared, although Warnock was getting there until Tony sacked him. It would be great to have another manager who really cared about QPR rather than just their own personal interest, but there probably aren't any out there good enough, as far as our directors and club management are concerned.

It still really concerns me that JFH was prepared to give the players a three day break so he could go to Singapore. We've just brought in 9 players in the transfer window and they still need to gel. A long break in training would have been inappropriate.
In other words, the 55k was more important than our club.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 18:32]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:48 - Sep 30 with 2454 viewsQPR_Jim

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:31 - Sep 30 by BerkoRanger

It still really concerns me that JFH was prepared to give the players a three day break so he could go to Singapore. We've just brought in 9 players in the transfer window and they still need to gel. A long break in training would have been inappropriate.

How long would they normally get off over an international break?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:50 - Sep 30 with 2439 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:48 - Sep 30 by QPR_Jim

How long would they normally get off over an international break?

About three years appears to be the norm atm.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:51 - Sep 30 with 2441 viewsBasingstokeR

How many days between games is a typical international break?
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:52 - Sep 30 with 2436 viewsA40Bosh

Am I the only one who has just seen the 6pm news on the BBC and they just interviewed an ex-Italian football agent who is apparently behind all the Telegraph story and he has just told the BBC reporter that he made the whole thing up about managers and bungs in the first place to try and curry favour on making a business deal for himself?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:52 - Sep 30 with 2433 viewsDejR_vu

Weirdly, if he was coming under a bit of pressure for performances and results, this is looking like it's going to buy him some more time.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 18:53]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:53 - Sep 30 with 2423 viewsdavman

Who said he was going to give the players those three days off? I'm guessing that we actually have staff who work with and for the manager, who could take training...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:56 - Sep 30 with 2406 viewsGloryHunter

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:52 - Sep 30 by A40Bosh

Am I the only one who has just seen the 6pm news on the BBC and they just interviewed an ex-Italian football agent who is apparently behind all the Telegraph story and he has just told the BBC reporter that he made the whole thing up about managers and bungs in the first place to try and curry favour on making a business deal for himself?

Link here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37524416
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:58 - Sep 30 with 2399 viewsbosh67

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:56 - Sep 30 by GloryHunter

Link here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37524416

Basically the stingers have been stung!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:58 - Sep 30 with 2397 viewsAntti_Heinola

Put this earlier, but he says something like 'it depends, if it was AN (not 'the next' or 'in the') international break, I could give them three days off'). He's being asked how long he could go for, he offers a hypothetical. He is absolutely not saying - yeah, we've got an international break next week, i'll give them some time off and I can come for three days.' They are talking so broadly at that stage, like a preliminary chat. That's all it is. No one ever says 'so you'll be free next week then' which is the timeline you're hinting at.
Besides all that, in an international week it would be fairly normal for players to have some time off anyway, if not that first one of the season. I think people have totally taken that out of context.

Bare bones.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:07 - Sep 30 with 2356 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 18:58 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

Put this earlier, but he says something like 'it depends, if it was AN (not 'the next' or 'in the') international break, I could give them three days off'). He's being asked how long he could go for, he offers a hypothetical. He is absolutely not saying - yeah, we've got an international break next week, i'll give them some time off and I can come for three days.' They are talking so broadly at that stage, like a preliminary chat. That's all it is. No one ever says 'so you'll be free next week then' which is the timeline you're hinting at.
Besides all that, in an international week it would be fairly normal for players to have some time off anyway, if not that first one of the season. I think people have totally taken that out of context.

That's the worst bit of the whole thing for me. Makes all this "the manager works hard" "training is intense" "we need to bed these players in" stuff ring completely hollow.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:27 - Sep 30 with 2268 viewsGloryHunter

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:07 - Sep 30 by Northernr

That's the worst bit of the whole thing for me. Makes all this "the manager works hard" "training is intense" "we need to bed these players in" stuff ring completely hollow.

Or, on the other hand, maybe it proves he didn't really mean it, and was just going with the flow?

It must be common for managers to jet off during the international breaks, to scout players playing for their countries. Surely the club players left at home will continue to train under the other coaching staff.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:52 - Sep 30 with 2174 viewsQPR_Jim

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:07 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Is that fair though? I'm no expert in fitness training but I thought rest and recovery was as much a part of it as anything. If it was just about doing as much training as possible why would anyone have fitness coaches?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:12 - Sep 30 with 2129 viewsLongsufferingR

Right. It's Friday night after a very trying few days for all concerned, and with a potential nightmare of a match coming up tomorrow, so I don't think there's ever been a better time to dig this up again.

Enjoy, and watch at least 28 times before you go to bed.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:42 - Sep 30 with 2018 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 19:52 - Sep 30 by QPR_Jim

Is that fair though? I'm no expert in fitness training but I thought rest and recovery was as much a part of it as anything. If it was just about doing as much training as possible why would anyone have fitness coaches?

Outside the international breaks we play so often - 7 games in last 22 days for instance - I presume it's pretty much all rest and recovery, playing, travelling etc. If we don't train properly during the breaks when exactly do we?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:56 - Sep 30 with 1941 viewsNorthernr

It's Harry tomorrow apparently
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:58 - Sep 30 with 1930 viewsAddinall

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:12 - Sep 30 by LongsufferingR

Right. It's Friday night after a very trying few days for all concerned, and with a potential nightmare of a match coming up tomorrow, so I don't think there's ever been a better time to dig this up again.

Enjoy, and watch at least 28 times before you go to bed.

I feel a bit better!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:01 - Sep 30 with 1915 views1BobbyHazell

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:56 - Sep 30 by Northernr

It's Harry tomorrow apparently

Is that from a bona fide source Clive?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:04 - Sep 30 with 1902 viewsQPR_Jim

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 20:42 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Outside the international breaks we play so often - 7 games in last 22 days for instance - I presume it's pretty much all rest and recovery, playing, travelling etc. If we don't train properly during the breaks when exactly do we?

True but I assume there are also sessions each week which focus on opposition, warm up and recovery around matches that could be replaced by proper training whilst not requiring additional sessions over the international break. But as I said before I don't know, it's actually one of my many areas of complete ignorance.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:08 - Sep 30 with 1880 viewsNorthernr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:01 - Sep 30 by 1BobbyHazell

Is that from a bona fide source Clive?

Telegraph news editor just tweeted. Apparently saying his players gambled against their own team.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:19 - Sep 30 with 1835 viewsOldPedro

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:08 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Telegraph news editor just tweeted. Apparently saying his players gambled against their own team.

Joey maybe??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024