Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98891 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:37 - Oct 1 with 2425 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 09:34 - Oct 1 by TW_R

This is sounding pretty dodgy Dave. I want to know where Clive is getting his Creme Eggs in October!!

i didn't think it through, i don't even like cream eggs
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:15 - Oct 1 with 2282 viewsWatfordR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 06:09 - Oct 1 by dolcelatte

Oing how dare you come on here spouting legal facts and getting in the way of a good pitchfork fest.

Seriously how has this thread run to 26 pages?

Must admit, having spent the last few days not being quite sure what to think, this looks more and more like a man's name and livelihood being desecrated because of a mild case of Billy Big Bolx one night in the pub.

Dozens of pages and hundreds of posts that could just as easily have been put to bed with a "nothing to see here, move along please"
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:34 - Oct 1 with 2247 viewsJamie

As has already been said, it all feels like the accountants at the Telegraph have forced them to just publish something now to justify the costs.

What have we actually had revealed?

A discredited, unlicensed agent making lots of big claims infront of prospective business partners that the Telegraph have been completely unable to corroborate, hence no names being released.

The 'shocking' news that footballers and football managers gamble on matches. We'll knock me down with a feaer!! No footballer has ever publicly fallen foul of this before!

The 'bombshell' news that ex-cloggers turned lower league coaches are open to a bribe of a few months salary for tipping off bigger clubs about hot prospects. Stop them before they bring down the government!!!!

And last but not least, the ''sensational' news that third party ownership - deemed so completely ungovernable that it's fully allowed everywhere else - is completely ungovernable and so open to widespread abuse. My word, I won't sleep tonight!!

They'll probably prove me wrong tonight by showing a slew of household names caught on camera taking wedges of cash.

At present though, it's a complete nothing story that investigate journos must be rather embarrassed to have been involved in.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:34 - Oct 1 with 2148 viewstimcocking

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:35 - Oct 1 by MrGrieves

Look, I'll admit I have mixed views on Hasselbaink and I'm waiting to see the outcome of the investigation, but isn't this all starting to sound a bit desperate from the Telegraph?

They won't release the transcripts or full videos for no given reason other than that apparently the police want to see them. As a criminal lawyer, there's no legal reason why the police need to see them first - they could release them to everyone at the same time. So why not?

On top of that, I don't really see what Eric Black has done wrong, I don't see what Redknapp has done wrong (this time) given that he wasn't managing a club at the time and therefore not under FA rules, and if Jimmy's right, I don't see what he's done wrong.

If Jimmy asked for money in return for looking favourably on players sent for him to recommend to us, that's corrupt and he should never work in football again. But I don't think that's what the limited evidence the Telegraph have put forward shows. It splices two meetings together. He does seem to be talking about going to the far east when the money is mentioned. Admittedly it looks bad, but if the Telegraph were confident in their investigations, why not disclose all of the footage/transcripts? I repeat, there is no reason in law not to provide the full evidence to QPR. If the Telegraph are being genuine in their investigations, their subsequent behaviour is difficult to understand.

I have tickets to see the Pixies in Brixton in december...
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 15:19 - Oct 1 with 2078 viewsbosh67

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:34 - Oct 1 by timcocking

I have tickets to see the Pixies in Brixton in december...

Well, JFH won't be recommending those Fulham penalty takers to those agents then.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:53 - Oct 1 with 1952 viewsNW10Hoop

A few of the players' social media accounts show them heading off for short trips abroad. Maybe makes the idea of JFH heading to Singapore for 3 nights a little less outrageous?

Great result today!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 21:56 - Oct 6 with 1777 viewsLblock

Police now on the case so the club won't see any "evidence" for ages whilst they / CPS consider their position

Barnsley fella needs to make sure a £5k "gift" appears on his tax return
What I don't understand is if there's further muck on ODH (I doubt it) then if he's charged with a criminal offence how can they give him a fair trial after the meejah coverage ????

Another saga to run alongside FFP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:09 - Oct 6 with 1740 viewsjohncharles

Not quite the tsunami we had been led to believe.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:14 - Oct 6 with 1727 viewsPunteR

Stitched up..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:30 - Oct 6 with 1708 viewsLblock

ODH looks a greedy cock BUT for me I don't see thus far he's done anything badly wrong

Longer it goes on the more The Torygraph look the bigger cocks
I'm with Jimmy here thus far!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:54 - Oct 6 with 1667 viewsPunteR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:30 - Oct 6 by Lblock

ODH looks a greedy cock BUT for me I don't see thus far he's done anything badly wrong

Longer it goes on the more The Torygraph look the bigger cocks
I'm with Jimmy here thus far!!!!

Yeh, negotiating money is always a bit awkward though. Its difficult trying to get more money out of people without looking like a greedy cock.
I'm telling the fella I'm working for that I'm putting my rates up. Tbf my rates have been the same for 10 years so I think I can justifiably ask for a rise.
Not sure I can use the term "make me happy " though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024