Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98588 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:29 - Sep 28 with 3177 viewsrsonist

Agree with Lblock. Something iffy about this.

As far as I'm understanding it - he agrees to speak to investors for a fee considered worth his while. Not represent, not act for. Speak. It's free money for him, like the after dinner circuit.

"And obviously you would be able to look at other aspects of our business favourably, that would be appreciated". He responds he doesn't really know what they're even about as he says he hasn't had the time to google them yet. Fob them off, let's have the money mugs.

"What we would like to think... there's no guarantee of anything.... as long as we get the chance of giving you a player as well."

He replies "Give me a fcking player! But it has to be a good player". Now all that really suggests to me is he's cracking a joke, not closing the door on it but not open to it either. If it comes in handy so be it.

Does this really add up to negotiating to "work for an agency who he discusses plans to buy a player from" as Hunterhoop put it? I'm not sure it does.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:29 - Sep 28 with 3176 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't see that he's done anything illegal as of now but what he seems to agree to is a clear conflict of interest. Allardyce couldn't sign players so he was merely giving advice however ill-advised that was. Hasslebaink could sign players, so what he's discussing here is taking money from a firm and then dealing with them afterwards on an issue where his employers would be paying money to that same firm. That distinction is not a small one and to my mind, even allowing for the fact that Hasselbaink only has input rather than control of his club's transfers, makes his position untenable.

He has to go.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:30 - Sep 28 with 3154 viewsElHoop

OMG this is going to run and run isn't it?

Per the Telegraph:

'He was told the Far East firm wanted to become involved in the transfer of players. But the Championship manager saw that as no barrier to working with the firm, and was open to the idea of signing players they represented, despite the apparent conflict of interest with his job at QPR.
He would potentially have been spending his club’s money on players represented by a company that was paying him.'

That's the end of him I should think. How can you trust him? Why get involved in this shite stuff?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:31 - Sep 28 with 3138 viewsrsonist

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:27 - Sep 28 by ted_hendrix

I fu cking give up.

Why can't we go back to the days of watching football on a Saturday afternoon and not be having to read this shit about football and the bastard amounts of stinking cash that's swilling about and obsessing every one.

Bastards shove your bloody cash and your bungs up your arses.

You must be joking. This lark's as old as the hills.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:31 - Sep 28 with 3137 viewsvegasranger

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:06 - Sep 28 by HollowayRanger

always wondered what he saw in our Dutchman from burton now I really wondering! was that a legit deal

At the time we bought him I noted that we were the first team to pay a transfer fee for him. You have to wonder about the fee paid for Washington.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 3077 viewsPeterHucker

Just seen the video. Not good at all. It looks pretty clear he's negotiating a bung.
I was at Burton last night telling anyone who'd listen that we should stick with him.
He's got to go now though surely.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 3042 viewsDannytheR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:27 - Sep 28 by paulparker

I actually for once don't really care anymore, and for those saying the clubs name has been dragged through the mud, well it has been the last 12 or 13 years we have had brawls, hold ups , dodgy agents , locked training grounds, Kuntish owners you name it we have had it
Let's just get on the blower to Jesus himself ie Neil Warnock and maybe he can lead us out of this mess of a season

Wally Downes was interesting on Twitter earlier about Warnock.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:34 - Sep 28 with 3040 viewskingshill

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:26 - Sep 28 by OldPedro

Club statement

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-daily-tele

That looks pretty emphatic to me, he's going nowhere

I'd say if he loses on Saturday the Reading game could get nasty
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:34 - Sep 28 with 3033 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think he's stuffed, the conflict of interest angle is going to be overwhelming in this case.

But if he argues; it was a private business arrangement and that any linkage to QPR was so he would get 'good players' and thus, he was putting QPR at the head of the queue and show he hadn't accepted dross, then who knows. However, it's the appearance of conflict and in this post-Allardyce world, he should walk if he has a shrewd of decency about him.

Just how much is enough for these guys?

I suspect more will follow and the market for managers is going to have a lot more buyers than usual as we approach the start of the sacking season.

'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:34 - Sep 28 with 3013 viewsMonkey_Roots

I actually for once don't really care anymore, and for those saying the clubs name has been dragged through the mud, well it has been the last 12 or 13 years we have had brawls, hold ups , dodgy agents , locked training grounds, Kuntish owners you name it we have had it
Let's just get on the blower to Jesus himself ie Neil Warnock and maybe he can lead us out of this mess of a season

You're right, it has been dragged through the mud.

I just thought that we were beginning to settle down - transfer policy, Les and hoo's making all the right noises.

Sigh.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:34 - Sep 28 with 3004 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:27 - Sep 28 by loftboy

Harley wise being very vocal on twitter in a told you so kind of way

what's he saying, his tweets are private
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:35 - Sep 28 with 2999 viewsHunterhoop

Might want to wait and see how this Telegraph expose progresses before we do that, PP. Being a tad naive there, mate.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:37 - Sep 28 with 2939 viewsTGRRRSSS

JFH has issued statement denying any wrongdoing on SSN now.

QPR to launch internal investigation also SSN
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:38 - Sep 28 with 2886 viewsdavman

As I posted earlier, I think that the club will stick together on this one. The annual stuffing again Fulham will make these revelations moot though...

It really is craaaap supporting our lot, isn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 2870 viewsPunteR

He's been stitched up.
I read it as he wanted money from the "firm" to travel to look at their players around the globe. Obviously its money on the side for him but he doesn't have any say in what players we buy. I cant see how this effects the club too much other than he'll be jetting around during international breaks. He's not asking for money to play certain players..
Am I reading it wrong?
He is at the very thin end of a massive wedge of corruption in football.
Of course his job is on the line now.

I cant believe that there is nothing on Redknapp yet. Maybe he's clean as a whistle after all.
Just gutted our clubs name is being dragged through it again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 2867 viewsBrightonhoop

It's untennable. Sick to the back teeth with football. Knew we'd fcking be involved somewhere along the lines.

Expected it from the usual suspects but not JFH. ffs Get him out.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 2867 viewsrsonist

There is no suggestion there that he would look more favourably on the agency's players than any other players, let alone profit directly from a future transfer arrangement. The agency offers him the eventuality of taking a look at their players, he doesn't rule it out. Is that a conflict of interest?

More than anything the video gives the impression he's allowing them to think whatever they want to think as long as he can trouser the money. Grubby perhaps - but wrongdoing, not so sure.

I also think the Telegraph throughout these exposes have been selecting from their recorded material very carefully.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 22:41]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 2864 views08olesen

What scummy journalism. Horrible tactics that nobody should be proud of.

This is entirely JFH doing, and he should pay the price. I really hope TF doesnt get the brunt of this. How the hell should he have known.

Bad football i can deal with, but this is just ridiculous.

Bring back Clint Hill, Ale Faurlin and Derry and put them in charge. While your at it. Adel or Ravel too, so at least we will all be entertained.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:40 - Sep 28 with 2831 viewsbaz_qpr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:33 - Sep 28 by PeterHucker

Just seen the video. Not good at all. It looks pretty clear he's negotiating a bung.
I was at Burton last night telling anyone who'd listen that we should stick with him.
He's got to go now though surely.

I've just seen the video as well, and I don't think that is clear at all, its heavily edited and no context of conversation either side of the quotes, is there a longer video elsewhere or am I missing something?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:40 - Sep 28 with 2822 viewsBucksRanger

Jimmy Floyd Offshorebaink
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:40 - Sep 28 with 2812 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's exactly the type of statement the club has to make. They have to be seen to be investigating this properly before taking any action should they wish to do so. If they were to sack him without due process they could be open to a lawsuit from Hasselbaink so I think they're playing this correctly and I wouldn't read any more into it at this stage.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:41 - Sep 28 with 2778 viewslave16

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:37 - Sep 28 by TGRRRSSS

JFH has issued statement denying any wrongdoing on SSN now.

QPR to launch internal investigation also SSN

Jimmy Jimmy, oh

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:42 - Sep 28 with 2758 viewsloftboy

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:34 - Sep 28 by daveB

what's he saying, his tweets are private

Can't link his tweets but lots of laughing emojis and tweets to Coll Donaldson and frankie Sutherland saying it will all come out tomorrow.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:42 - Sep 28 with 2758 viewsDevonWhite

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:40 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

It's exactly the type of statement the club has to make. They have to be seen to be investigating this properly before taking any action should they wish to do so. If they were to sack him without due process they could be open to a lawsuit from Hasselbaink so I think they're playing this correctly and I wouldn't read any more into it at this stage.

Don't agree with them saying they'll investigate but then in the next sentence say they stand by him. How can they know that until they've completed the investigation?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:42 - Sep 28 with 2757 viewszicoshoops

It seems like every Bastard and his Uncle is getting a good drink in the Football World.

Why should we be any different?

A fiver each on.......
The boy Barton next England Manager 500,000/1
The boy Barton next QPR Manager 500,000/1

Come on the FA and the QPR Board.........make me rich.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024