Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98886 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:58 - Sep 28 with 3138 viewsBklynRanger

That club statement is Down With the Ship Tony waking up from a night on the old Tanqarey/crystal meth cocktails. By Friday evening it will be the standard, solicitor advised sacking situation.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:00 - Sep 28 with 3113 viewsBoston

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:04 - Sep 28 by izlingtonhoop

This is all obviously very naughty, but doesn't anyone else find the phrase "undercover reporters posing as representatives of the firm:" rather distasteful?

No.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:00 - Sep 28 with 3100 viewsTGRRRSSS

Either that or are annual collapse down by the riverside will finally do the job.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:01 - Sep 28 with 3092 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:56 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

At the risk of being a 'touch melodramatic' shall we just burn that whole bastard ground down and just spend our Saturdays with our families watching the horse racing?

Horse Racing is great and the upcoming National Hunt season is fascinating and could be one of the best ever...so it's an option.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:03 - Sep 28 with 3035 viewsessextaxiboy

What has he actually done wrong ?

He has met an agent who offers to find him some players . Presumably he doesnt have the power to purchase anyone without approval from others ..Les , the board

The agent has asked him to deliver a talk , he has asked for a fee to do so.

He has asked to be paid in Holland to mitigate tax so intended to declare the fee .

There is no evidence that we have spent any money with this agent .

If he has told the club that he intended to give a talk and would receive a fee for doing so isnt the worst he has done is a bit of moonlighting ?

What am I missing ? , was there to be no talk and the fee was an advance on a player purchase ? How do you prove that ?

If he intended to break any rules, or rip the Club off then he should be toast , but we need to make our own investigations .
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:04 - Sep 28 with 3025 viewsTGRRRSSS

We can get Konk to ask around the Cottage see if anyone he knows can give us some tips for good hunting groups.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:04 - Sep 28 with 3012 viewsbaz_qpr

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:47 - Sep 28 by TGRRRSSS

JFH is pretty famous but agree it isn't the truly big news they've hyped, as I suggested elsewhere maybe splashing tomorrow night/saturday morning for maximum havoc and publicity with it being match day weekend

If you look at the way they've done the front page with the headlines.

FH is considered least serious but most famous, the headline Hasslebank come with a nice figure, the sub: QPR boss agree to consider signing a player after negotiating £55,000 fee for Singaporean speech.

JFH is the famous face at the top but the meaty stories are the other ones.

https://t.co/XKEnpKp7YG

Then also have a look at the way the video has been cut. There is a case to answer but its not clear cut at all
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:11 - Sep 28 with 2852 viewscaliforniahoop

He clearly stated that he had the final say on players coming in.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:13 - Sep 28 with 2811 viewslave16

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:11 - Sep 28 by californiahoop

He clearly stated that he had the final say on players coming in.

any word of harry

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:18 - Sep 28 with 2703 viewskensalriser

As with Allardyce, I can't see how anyone thinks JFH's position is still tenable. Whether or not he's done anything criminal is irrelevant, it's a trust issue - he's show himself to be entirely open to a situation that would be a absolute conflict of interest.

And...does anyone seriously believe Hasselbaink would command £55k on the after dinner circuit? Absurd!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:18 - Sep 28 with 2696 viewsessextaxiboy

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:55 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

Is it a conflict of interest? Yes. Yes, it is. In any regulated industry it would be entirely prohibited. It opens up all manner of unregulated corruption. It doesn't have to have been executed, it still shows he's comfortable with being in a position to behave corruptly. That is enough for a gross misconduct dismissal.

He asks to be paid in Holland to mitigate tax .
If its a corrupt and illegal payment why would he declare it anywhere ?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:19 - Sep 28 with 2691 viewsBrightonhoop

Can we have a full on riot at Foolham? Give them dicks in the telegraph something proper to print about QR for once.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:19 - Sep 28 with 2671 viewsQPR1882

Pearson was suspended the other day ?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:23 - Sep 28 with 2609 viewskensalriser

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:18 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

He asks to be paid in Holland to mitigate tax .
If its a corrupt and illegal payment why would he declare it anywhere ?

It may be corrupt but not necessarily (and probably not) illegal.

Evading tax is definitely illegal, however.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:23 - Sep 28 with 2606 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:18 - Sep 28 by kensalriser

As with Allardyce, I can't see how anyone thinks JFH's position is still tenable. Whether or not he's done anything criminal is irrelevant, it's a trust issue - he's show himself to be entirely open to a situation that would be a absolute conflict of interest.

And...does anyone seriously believe Hasselbaink would command £55k on the after dinner circuit? Absurd!

It's not an after dinner speech they offered him, it was to be an ambassador for a sports company.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:25 - Sep 28 with 2576 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:57 - Sep 28 by bosh67

What upsets me the most is that he was lured into a trap and he still didn't manage to shift f*cking Sandro!

Good point, Bosh. Clear case of negligence.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:25 - Sep 28 with 2572 viewsqpr85

I haven't seen what he's done wrong for all the backlash he's been receiving on here. Yes he wanted to speak during international breaks as long as he doesn't effect his family life (nice)

Then I read this quote:
The QPR boss said: “You need clubs, though. If you own a club then it’s easier to move the player.” He said to the scout: “He’s now like him [pointing to Mr McGarvey], on the wrong side. You know. The dodgy side. So yeah, so I help him out a little bit

What does he mean he helps him out a little bit? He does go on to say he would take a f ucking good signing so I'm not sure what he means, but if he is saying he helps him out by buying dross he needs to go.

His only saving grace would be if he 100% does not have anything to do with the negotiations on transfers. So the only "help" that he gives him, is passing a name to Sir Les and Lee Hoos in which case after reading the transcript (as the video has been butchered) he has done nothing wrong
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:27 - Sep 28 with 2546 viewsessextaxiboy

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:23 - Sep 28 by kensalriser

It may be corrupt but not necessarily (and probably not) illegal.

Evading tax is definitely illegal, however.

Talking about something corrupt is not corrupt ,or illegal , that is why Allardyce has taking a severance wedge.

Evading tax is illegal , avoiding it is not .
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:28 - Sep 28 with 2537 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:19 - Sep 28 by Brightonhoop

Can we have a full on riot at Foolham? Give them dicks in the telegraph something proper to print about QR for once.

An old fashioned dust up wouldn't go amiss bh...especially with all our misdemeanours at the mo... Best clobber on.. Few pints.. Nice.!👏👍🍺🚑..( I'll Seeya in church on Sunday for choir practice .). You R's.!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:28 - Sep 28 with 2529 viewskensalriser

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:23 - Sep 28 by daveB

It's not an after dinner speech they offered him, it was to be an ambassador for a sports company.

From Hasselbaink's statement:

"I was approached by Mr McGarvey and Ms Newell of The Telegraph purporting to be players' agents. They offered me a fee to make a speech in Singapore. I do not see anything unusual in being offered to be paid to make a speech."

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:29 - Sep 28 with 2525 viewsbosh67

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:19 - Sep 28 by QPR1882

Pearson was suspended the other day ?

I thought that too.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:29 - Sep 28 with 2516 viewsToast_R

Can we get Allardyce as a replacement?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:29 - Sep 28 with 2509 viewsBklynRanger

Some people think he hasn't technically done anything wrong, some people do. The fact is that's irrelevant - in this environment he'd have to be top 4 to weather it.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:30 - Sep 28 with 2506 viewschris1969

4 days work away from family flying around the world don't come cheap. He was chancing his arm and thought this could be easy money. Still not sure what he has done wrong. Not tax evasion either.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:32 - Sep 28 with 2476 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 22:40 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

It's exactly the type of statement the club has to make. They have to be seen to be investigating this properly before taking any action should they wish to do so. If they were to sack him without due process they could be open to a lawsuit from Hasselbaink so I think they're playing this correctly and I wouldn't read any more into it at this stage.

Are they really investigating though? They have already backed their man and even allowed him a right to reply. For me Barnsley have followed the right approach. Suspend the individual pending an internal investigation. If the investigation finds that the individual is guilty of no wrong-doing then issue the statement and return him to service.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024