Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 98709 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:32 - Sep 28 with 2555 viewsqpr85

He is avoiding tax but the way he's doing it is perfectly legal.

He says if he does a job in England he will pay 45% tax but if he does a job outside of the UK he can put it straight in his account in Holland. So technically and legally not avoiding tax as he did not earn it in UK.

I think that's right anyway might be wrong
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:36 - Sep 28 with 2509 viewsBushman

Surely Fat Sam, JFH et al were targetted by the Telegraph as they are known within the football world for having form for this sort of caper?

They wouldn't just randomly select a manager and hope that they spilt the beans ?

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:37 - Sep 28 with 2486 viewskensalriser

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:27 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

Talking about something corrupt is not corrupt ,or illegal , that is why Allardyce has taking a severance wedge.

Evading tax is illegal , avoiding it is not .

He doesn't have to actually commit the act to damage trust, he merely has to indicate that he's open to it. Which he has.

The question for me is, is someone who's willing to enter into an arrangement that is a clear conflict of interest, to the possible detriment of the club, the person I would like as QPR manager.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:39 - Sep 28 with 2463 viewsqpr85

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:36 - Sep 28 by Bushman

Surely Fat Sam, JFH et al were targetted by the Telegraph as they are known within the football world for having form for this sort of caper?

They wouldn't just randomly select a manager and hope that they spilt the beans ?

Mr McGarvey is the common denominator so maybe Hughes and Redknapp won't be fingered
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:39 - Sep 28 with 2461 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:37 - Sep 28 by kensalriser

He doesn't have to actually commit the act to damage trust, he merely has to indicate that he's open to it. Which he has.

The question for me is, is someone who's willing to enter into an arrangement that is a clear conflict of interest, to the possible detriment of the club, the person I would like as QPR manager.

Exactly/Amazed TF has stood by him so far with the Statement. Not blaming T by the way.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:41 - Sep 28 with 2428 viewsCHUBBS

I think people arguing whether it was a legal transaction or not are missing the point here,one of the main reasons people respected Jimmy was for the honest dignified way he carried himself.
In the video he shows a completely different side to himself none of us would have imagined.
The players reaction toward him could well change significantly once they see what he's been up to.
I'll be amazed if there isn't more than what they've released so far and even more surprised if he's in charge against Fulham.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:42 - Sep 28 with 2424 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:37 - Sep 28 by kensalriser

The geezers bent.. Nothing to defend here.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:46 - Sep 28 with 2387 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:28 - Sep 28 by kensalriser

From Hasselbaink's statement:

"I was approached by Mr McGarvey and Ms Newell of The Telegraph purporting to be players' agents. They offered me a fee to make a speech in Singapore. I do not see anything unusual in being offered to be paid to make a speech."

I'm going by the original article, they said they were agents acting for a sports company to make him an ambassador which would then lead to players
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:46 - Sep 28 with 2369 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:18 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

He asks to be paid in Holland to mitigate tax .
If its a corrupt and illegal payment why would he declare it anywhere ?

I'm not saying it's a corrupt or an illegal payment (although it could be in breach of his contract of employment).

But if you're paid by a company who sells players AND employed by a company who buys players, over which you have some control, HOW is it NOT a conflict of interests?!

It clearly is. It puts him in a position from which he could behave corruptly. Anyone who is confortable putting themselves into a position from which they could easily behave corruptly, would, in any regulated industry be sacked. It's also a pretty good indicator that they do behave corruptly!

Hope that's clearer.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:48 - Sep 28 with 2358 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:42 - Sep 28 by WilloW4

The geezers bent.. Nothing to defend here.

Don't think Kensal is defending JFH, mate. Think, like me, he's arguing with Essex, who is defending him.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:48 - Sep 28 with 2328 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:41 - Sep 28 by CHUBBS

I think people arguing whether it was a legal transaction or not are missing the point here,one of the main reasons people respected Jimmy was for the honest dignified way he carried himself.
In the video he shows a completely different side to himself none of us would have imagined.
The players reaction toward him could well change significantly once they see what he's been up to.
I'll be amazed if there isn't more than what they've released so far and even more surprised if he's in charge against Fulham.

Sound point Chubbs. Might lose the dressing room on this. Like, will the real JFH please stand up.

I've backed him on his results, learning on the job etc etc, but on this he's got to go.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:49 - Sep 28 with 2310 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:39 - Sep 28 by Brightonhoop

Exactly/Amazed TF has stood by him so far with the Statement. Not blaming T by the way.

I think they have just said in the statement they trust he hasn't broken any rules which i don't think he has. Not sure that will keep him in a job though
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:49 - Sep 28 with 2304 viewsHunterhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:48 - Sep 28 by Brightonhoop

Sound point Chubbs. Might lose the dressing room on this. Like, will the real JFH please stand up.

I've backed him on his results, learning on the job etc etc, but on this he's got to go.

Exactly. Point I made earlier.

He'll have no trust from the fans and no trust from the players. No trust means you're doomed to failure. He's a dead duck now.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:03 - Sep 29 with 2205 viewsdaveB

for me watching the video and reading t I don't think he's done anything legally wrong or breached any rules which could get him the sack.

The reason he'll have to go is that you can't have a code of conduct at the club and talk about putting the club first and being proud to be here when you are offering to move training so you can earn a few more quid. I can't see how QPR can stand by him which is a real shame for him but like Allardcye he's made a stupid mistake.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:05 - Sep 29 with 2192 viewsWilloW4

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 23:49 - Sep 28 by daveB

I think they have just said in the statement they trust he hasn't broken any rules which i don't think he has. Not sure that will keep him in a job though

"He hasn't broken any rules"..... He's obviously a money grabbing arsehole.. We don't need him at the Rangers...!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:08 - Sep 29 with 2164 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:03 - Sep 29 by daveB

for me watching the video and reading t I don't think he's done anything legally wrong or breached any rules which could get him the sack.

The reason he'll have to go is that you can't have a code of conduct at the club and talk about putting the club first and being proud to be here when you are offering to move training so you can earn a few more quid. I can't see how QPR can stand by him which is a real shame for him but like Allardcye he's made a stupid mistake.

Legal or not, do you feel a little bit conned? I slurped down the 'we sign the right player now' line, but it seems he'd sign anyone who comes free with a £55k speaking job like a toy in a Kellogs Cornflakes box.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:12 - Sep 29 with 2128 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:05 - Sep 29 by WilloW4

"He hasn't broken any rules"..... He's obviously a money grabbing arsehole.. We don't need him at the Rangers...!

Well yeah I agree with that, just saying he hasn't actually broken any rules
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:14 - Sep 29 with 2118 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:08 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Legal or not, do you feel a little bit conned? I slurped down the 'we sign the right player now' line, but it seems he'd sign anyone who comes free with a £55k speaking job like a toy in a Kellogs Cornflakes box.

not really as he didn't actually sign these players and didn't actually agree to sign any as they do not exist. He'd have had to run it past the club first anyway which is the big bonus of having Ferdinand as DOF to stop managers robbing the club blind
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 0:14]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:14 - Sep 29 with 2111 viewsPunteR

Isn't this entrapment?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:17 - Sep 29 with 2099 viewsCHUBBS

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:03 - Sep 29 by daveB

Exactly,Allardyce hadn't done anything illegal but the damage to his reputation was irreparable meaning he'd permanently tarnished his character.
Similar to Tiger Woods who's philandering stained his squeaky clean persona.
The same applies to Jimmy who will never be looked at in the same light.
Basically he's fcuked and will probably not work over here again.
Its a real shocker and if I hadn't seen that video id have never believed it.
Typical of our club.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 1:17]
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:18 - Sep 29 with 2092 viewsQPR1882

The videois one and a half minutes long, the Telegraph will have a lot more video than that. They are not stupid enough to accuse anyone without enough evidence.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:18 - Sep 29 with 2083 viewsbaz_qpr

If he goes in the next 48 hours Ramsey will be in charge for Fulham surely
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:19 - Sep 29 with 2079 viewsjohncharles

I don't think he's broken any rules either but like Allardyce he seemed quite willing to bypass the rules if the price was right. Can't be trusted now so he'll have to go and go before the Fulham game

Strong and stable my arse.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:25 - Sep 29 with 2056 viewsCHUBBS

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:18 - Sep 29 by baz_qpr

I'd rather see Les take the game,our fans trust him and the players respect him.
They'll just need to be motivated and he comes across as ideal for that.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:35 - Sep 29 with 2004 viewseccles

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 00:18 - Sep 29 by baz_qpr

Oh well, I suppose we've got a ready made excuse for our annual Fulham humiliation.
You'd have thought at the very least that this might cause some disruption to the plans at the training ground in the morning. Love to be a fly on the wall there...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024