Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager... 15:42 - Sep 29 with 7919 viewsFloridaR

Thread maybe a bit earlier than usual Christmas/New Year free for all but I'd like to see the club go for Steve McClaren.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Next Manager... on 15:54 - Sep 29 with 2991 viewsHunterhoop

I don't care that much, as long as we keep the DoF structure. Some may laugh. But, given recent events, it's more important than ever we have checks and balances in place, someone looking at the football side of things as a whole (youth to first XI), and a professional business structure in place.

If a "manager" doesn't want to work under such a structure, he can jog on for all I care.

Watford have fared very well under it. Man City work with it. Lots of clubs do. It's the dinosaurs who like to control the whole thing (possibly for their own financial benefit) that resent it.

Maintaining it also gives us some degree of stability.
Next Manager... on 15:54 - Sep 29 with 2993 viewsaston_hoop

anyone, it doesn't matter.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next Manager... on 15:56 - Sep 29 with 2983 viewsessextaxiboy

Has to be
1, Available

2 Capable

3, Squeeky clean.

4. Not to old or we will be doing it again in the spring.

5. Willing to work with a DOF ,

6 . Not to young and have to learn on the job .

7. Willing to work within the budget .

8. Wiling to work for an increasingly trigger happy chairman who tweet veiled ultimatums.

9.Get us promoted within 18 months or accept an even lower budget .

10. Willing to work for a modest salary
Next Manager... on 16:01 - Sep 29 with 2956 viewsElHoop

Well Les will have to get his hands dirty for a while if Jimmy goes, he'll have to act as caretaker - and if it goes well?
Next Manager... on 16:01 - Sep 29 with 2946 viewsHunterhoop

Next Manager... on 15:56 - Sep 29 by essextaxiboy

Has to be
1, Available

2 Capable

3, Squeeky clean.

4. Not to old or we will be doing it again in the spring.

5. Willing to work with a DOF ,

6 . Not to young and have to learn on the job .

7. Willing to work within the budget .

8. Wiling to work for an increasingly trigger happy chairman who tweet veiled ultimatums.

9.Get us promoted within 18 months or accept an even lower budget .

10. Willing to work for a modest salary

I don't mind 6 at all. That can be discounted for me. As can 8, since they won't and don't work for TF. Hoos is the CEO, Les is the direct line manager. In fact, TF isn't even the official chairman anymore anyway, is he?

9 can also go. If they do the others, the loss of the parachute payments won't be such a big issued.

10 can be changed to "fair" salary. All employers should look to employ someone on a "fair" salary (ie. acceptable to both parties).

But you should add "11. Be keen to play attacking football." Our fanbase could do with that...even if we don't get promoted in 18 months. It would help.
Next Manager... on 16:03 - Sep 29 with 2941 viewspaulparker

Neil Warnock until the end of the season please

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next Manager... on 16:08 - Sep 29 with 2893 viewsNorthernr

It would have to be Warnock assuming he would take it and isn't implicated in this himself - the "manager who would take £4,000 from players after getting them £8,000 pay rises" bit of yesterday's story rang a big Jason Puncheon bell.

We're basically in the situation Newcastle were in a few years ago where no manager would be given a fair crack, or would certainly come under pressure much sooner than he otherwise would have done, because everybody thought Alan Shearer should be the manager. It needed them to give the job to Shearer and it not go well before anybody else got a crack. Whoever we appoint, if it's not Warnock, will find what Hasselbaink has found - win and play well and quickly or people will say "should have got Warnock back".
Next Manager... on 16:08 - Sep 29 with 2889 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Manager... on 16:03 - Sep 29 by paulparker

I love Neil as much as you, but if you don't think he's on the Telegraph's list somewhere...

absolutely no chance they can hire someone with his er, 'reputation' after this.

Jackett seems the safest option at this time.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager... on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 2889 viewsHendonHoop

I know this will sound odd, but what about bringing in Roy Hodgson? A good Club Football Man and old School. With McClaren at his side.Could do a lot worse I reckon.
Next Manager... on 16:14 - Sep 29 with 2864 viewsLunarJetman

Next Manager... on 16:03 - Sep 29 by paulparker

So you'd go for one of the managers who is "allegedly" involved in all this scandal???

If JFH does go expect to see a caretaker manager for a little while whilst the dust settles so we don't find ourselves in the same position again...
Next Manager... on 16:16 - Sep 29 with 2843 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:01 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

I don't mind 6 at all. That can be discounted for me. As can 8, since they won't and don't work for TF. Hoos is the CEO, Les is the direct line manager. In fact, TF isn't even the official chairman anymore anyway, is he?

9 can also go. If they do the others, the loss of the parachute payments won't be such a big issued.

10 can be changed to "fair" salary. All employers should look to employ someone on a "fair" salary (ie. acceptable to both parties).

But you should add "11. Be keen to play attacking football." Our fanbase could do with that...even if we don't get promoted in 18 months. It would help.

Ramsey was 6 . Hounded out ... with rascist abuse included

Will Les or Hoos make the decision to sack Jimmy? , I still think if TF wants him to stay , he stays.

The salary is that compared to what the lucky candidate can earn elsewhere. Clement for example could probably earn more as a coach at a CL team .

What about " squeeky clean " ? Thats why we are posting today . How do you seek out intent ? because thats why JFH is in trouble .. he has done nothing .
Next Manager... on 16:17 - Sep 29 with 2835 viewsElHoop

Not Warnock please. He was OK when he inherited some creativity but that won't be the case here and it would just be even more dour. We need some light.
Next Manager... on 16:23 - Sep 29 with 2801 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:08 - Sep 29 by Northernr

It would have to be Warnock assuming he would take it and isn't implicated in this himself - the "manager who would take £4,000 from players after getting them £8,000 pay rises" bit of yesterday's story rang a big Jason Puncheon bell.

We're basically in the situation Newcastle were in a few years ago where no manager would be given a fair crack, or would certainly come under pressure much sooner than he otherwise would have done, because everybody thought Alan Shearer should be the manager. It needed them to give the job to Shearer and it not go well before anybody else got a crack. Whoever we appoint, if it's not Warnock, will find what Hasselbaink has found - win and play well and quickly or people will say "should have got Warnock back".

And we will be posting on a thread with the same title within a year . Or a month if NW is the next one out of the traps .

He will be 68 in a few weeks , its sh*t or bust short termism .

If he got us up we could take a deep breath I suppose .
Next Manager... on 16:26 - Sep 29 with 2773 viewsdaveB

George Graham
Next Manager... on 16:27 - Sep 29 with 2770 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 16:23 - Sep 29 by essextaxiboy

And we will be posting on a thread with the same title within a year . Or a month if NW is the next one out of the traps .

He will be 68 in a few weeks , its sh*t or bust short termism .

If he got us up we could take a deep breath I suppose .

But the guy after him would at least get a few extra months before the childish nicknames and "three strikes" bullsht starts.

Give it to somebody else and you'll still have those who think it should be Warnock and will hammer Ferdinand and whoever the new bloke is if it doesn't go well.

We've got to let him have another go if only to buy the next guy more time.
Next Manager... on 16:28 - Sep 29 with 2761 viewsDiscodroids

Snake Plissken . If we cant get Snake , Then The Duke Kenny Jackett

He's A-Number One in my book. And has been for years.

What a fackin state were in.These bloody undercover Videos.... Never mind Jimmy, Theres a recent vacancy for a washing machine Salesman just come up. It literally has your name on it.

By the holy white line of dickie davis, please Not Ramsey.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 16:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Next Manager... on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 2745 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Manager... on 16:09 - Sep 29 by HendonHoop

I know this will sound odd, but what about bringing in Roy Hodgson? A good Club Football Man and old School. With McClaren at his side.Could do a lot worse I reckon.

Roy would be a very good choice.
But we need to warn the local A&E that paulparker will be in with a cardiac arrest if that happens.

Bare bones.

Next Manager... on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 2745 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:08 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

I love Neil as much as you, but if you don't think he's on the Telegraph's list somewhere...

absolutely no chance they can hire someone with his er, 'reputation' after this.

Jackett seems the safest option at this time.

Jackett, if he would work with Les is the only safe..ish credible candidate IMO
Next Manager... on 16:30 - Sep 29 with 2734 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 16:29 - Sep 29 by essextaxiboy

Jackett, if he would work with Les is the only safe..ish credible candidate IMO

Jackett would be my choice as well in normal circumstances.
Next Manager... on 16:30 - Sep 29 with 2731 viewsHunterhoop

Next Manager... on 16:16 - Sep 29 by essextaxiboy

Ramsey was 6 . Hounded out ... with rascist abuse included

Will Les or Hoos make the decision to sack Jimmy? , I still think if TF wants him to stay , he stays.

The salary is that compared to what the lucky candidate can earn elsewhere. Clement for example could probably earn more as a coach at a CL team .

What about " squeeky clean " ? Thats why we are posting today . How do you seek out intent ? because thats why JFH is in trouble .. he has done nothing .

I know about Ramsey, mate. I was one of the few who said he should get more time! I answered your post for me, not the entire fanbase!

Your salary comment is irrelevant. Anyone we hire...ANYONE..will need to be paid a fair salary, i.e. enough for them to accept and us to be willing to pay. Yes, that rules out those that could earn more...so what?! This is part of running the club properly.

Finally, how do you seek out intent? Through interviewing....and a contract which precludes any paid engagements with any firms with any links to players or the representation of players outside of QPR FC.

Yes, you can never know 100% if someone will do something dodgy or not (in the same way you can never know 100% if they will succeed at the role or not), but you have to make a judgement. Oh, and without going over all the ground in the other thread, you cannot say, in such a matter of fact way, "he has done nothing". He has very much done something. He may have done nothing further or he may have planned to...we don't know.
Next Manager... on 16:30 - Sep 29 with 2732 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:28 - Sep 29 by Discodroids

Snake Plissken . If we cant get Snake , Then The Duke Kenny Jackett

He's A-Number One in my book. And has been for years.

What a fackin state were in.These bloody undercover Videos.... Never mind Jimmy, Theres a recent vacancy for a washing machine Salesman just come up. It literally has your name on it.

By the holy white line of dickie davis, please Not Ramsey.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 16:38]

Jimmy Floyd Hotpoint ??
Next Manager... on 16:32 - Sep 29 with 2718 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:29 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Roy would be a very good choice.
But we need to warn the local A&E that paulparker will be in with a cardiac arrest if that happens.

We would have 2 failed England managers in the dugout .

What a fckin circus .......
Next Manager... on 16:32 - Sep 29 with 2705 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 16:27 - Sep 29 by Northernr

But the guy after him would at least get a few extra months before the childish nicknames and "three strikes" bullsht starts.

Give it to somebody else and you'll still have those who think it should be Warnock and will hammer Ferdinand and whoever the new bloke is if it doesn't go well.

We've got to let him have another go if only to buy the next guy more time.

but isn't it only JFH that is preventing us playing 7 up front and every player turning into a world beater?

Of course it isn't so same old pattern will emerge as you say

1) Blame Les
2) Blame Players
3) Blame new bloke and want another manager

Add in the classic "Given the mess JFH has made, I'm quite happy with survival" to be followed with a load of vitriol/negative posts when we are sitting in 12th come February.
Next Manager... on 16:35 - Sep 29 with 2679 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:30 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

I know about Ramsey, mate. I was one of the few who said he should get more time! I answered your post for me, not the entire fanbase!

Your salary comment is irrelevant. Anyone we hire...ANYONE..will need to be paid a fair salary, i.e. enough for them to accept and us to be willing to pay. Yes, that rules out those that could earn more...so what?! This is part of running the club properly.

Finally, how do you seek out intent? Through interviewing....and a contract which precludes any paid engagements with any firms with any links to players or the representation of players outside of QPR FC.

Yes, you can never know 100% if someone will do something dodgy or not (in the same way you can never know 100% if they will succeed at the role or not), but you have to make a judgement. Oh, and without going over all the ground in the other thread, you cannot say, in such a matter of fact way, "he has done nothing". He has very much done something. He may have done nothing further or he may have planned to...we don't know.

What I meant by done nothing in that he hasnt actually broken any contract or laws .
Next Manager... on 16:36 - Sep 29 with 2664 viewsHendonHoop

Next Manager... on 16:32 - Sep 29 by essextaxiboy

We would have 2 failed England managers in the dugout .

What a fckin circus .......

Fair comment but this I not International Football. Its a couple of notches down from that , so Roy and Mac may be suited better to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024