Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager... 15:42 - Sep 29 with 7922 viewsFloridaR

Thread maybe a bit earlier than usual Christmas/New Year free for all but I'd like to see the club go for Steve McClaren.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Next Manager... on 16:39 - Sep 29 with 1343 viewsBerkoRanger

When Ollie was in charge we played a pre-season friendly at Aylesbury. I took my youngest daughter along and we were fortunate to get talking to Kenny Jackett. The conversation went so well that he gave up his half time break to continue talking to us. What a gent - and extremely knowledgable about all things football.
He gets my vote.
Next Manager... on 16:39 - Sep 29 with 1341 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Next Manager... on 16:30 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Jackett would be my choice as well in normal circumstances.

Not sure what normal circumstances are anymore? Perpetual chaos soundtracked with either Godspeed You Black Emperor and / or the Benny Hill theme tune. Agree KJ though.
Next Manager... on 16:39 - Sep 29 with 1341 viewsFloridaR

Next Manager... on 16:09 - Sep 29 by HendonHoop

I know this will sound odd, but what about bringing in Roy Hodgson? A good Club Football Man and old School. With McClaren at his side.Could do a lot worse I reckon.

I'd think Hodge would have retired now as his pay off would of been huge but good shout for the pairing :)

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Next Manager... on 16:40 - Sep 29 with 1338 viewspaulparker

Next Manager... on 16:29 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Roy would be a very good choice.
But we need to warn the local A&E that paulparker will be in with a cardiac arrest if that happens.

your right that would be it for me if that useless gormless t0sspot comes here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next Manager... on 16:41 - Sep 29 with 1334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought I'd give the club a hand:

WANTED

First Team Manager

Must:

1) Not be a (probably) corrupt greedy bastard.
2) Not expect to be here longer than the sell by date on the office milk.
3) Produce results in the short term.
4) Produce results in the long term.
5) Not be black
6) Not be Spurs
7) Play entertaining football
8) Play effective football
9) Deal with un realistic expectations from fans.
10) Deal with un realistic expectations from shareholders
11) Bring in youth players
12) Bring in established players
13) Play more than one up front
14) Expect to be booed.
15) Be experienced
16) Be young
17) Be cheap.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 16:43]
Next Manager... on 16:42 - Sep 29 with 1326 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Next Manager... on 16:39 - Sep 29 by Silverfoxqpr

Not sure what normal circumstances are anymore? Perpetual chaos soundtracked with either Godspeed You Black Emperor and / or the Benny Hill theme tune. Agree KJ though.

GYBE are a doom laden, apocalyptic bunch who make similar sounding music by the way! No racial pun intended whatsoever.
Next Manager... on 16:45 - Sep 29 with 1308 viewsBerkoRanger

Next Manager... on 16:41 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought I'd give the club a hand:

WANTED

First Team Manager

Must:

1) Not be a (probably) corrupt greedy bastard.
2) Not expect to be here longer than the sell by date on the office milk.
3) Produce results in the short term.
4) Produce results in the long term.
5) Not be black
6) Not be Spurs
7) Play entertaining football
8) Play effective football
9) Deal with un realistic expectations from fans.
10) Deal with un realistic expectations from shareholders
11) Bring in youth players
12) Bring in established players
13) Play more than one up front
14) Expect to be booed.
15) Be experienced
16) Be young
17) Be cheap.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 16:43]

Norf - think 5 needs to be removed.
Next Manager... on 16:52 - Sep 29 with 1277 viewsessextaxiboy

Next Manager... on 16:45 - Sep 29 by BerkoRanger

Why ?

I could have pointed out at least 200 at Craven Cottage and around 6 at Griffin Park(one of whom physically tried to stop me leaving the terrace trying to get me to join in ) who it appeared to be their No 1 method of abuse .

We are no different than any other club , however much we like to think we are .

I am guessing there were more , but I saw and heard those myself ... Fact
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 16:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager... on 16:57 - Sep 29 with 1248 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It was (not very good) satire.
Next Manager... on 16:59 - Sep 29 with 1228 viewsNorthernr

Satire, rather than what he thinks, and a very valid point when numpties are talking about "Les' black agenda".
Next Manager... on 17:01 - Sep 29 with 1218 viewsBerkoRanger

Next Manager... on 16:59 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Satire, rather than what he thinks, and a very valid point when numpties are talking about "Les' black agenda".

OK Norf - if you're OK with that.
Next Manager... on 17:26 - Sep 29 with 1151 viewsbob566

theres a good manager over here in Ireland. Stephen Kenny. Was one game away from getting Dundalk into the champions league on the budget of probably two of our players but did get them through enough qualifying stages to earn them 25 million.

It didn't go well for him at Dunfermline (Karl might be able to shed more on that) They were relegated but he did lead them to a Scottish cup final too in his one year there

but he's succeeded at all the irish clubs he's been at. Titles after titles. Cups after cups.

Two weeks ago this little club called Dundalk drew away to AZ Alkmaar (5th in the dutch league) in the Europa league.

If we're thinking outside the box then that is who I'd go for. Dundalk sit top of the irish league going for their third title in a row under his stewardship. When he took over three years ago they were bottom of the league.
Next Manager... on 17:54 - Sep 29 with 1104 viewsdaveB

Next Manager... on 16:08 - Sep 29 by Northernr

It would have to be Warnock assuming he would take it and isn't implicated in this himself - the "manager who would take £4,000 from players after getting them £8,000 pay rises" bit of yesterday's story rang a big Jason Puncheon bell.

We're basically in the situation Newcastle were in a few years ago where no manager would be given a fair crack, or would certainly come under pressure much sooner than he otherwise would have done, because everybody thought Alan Shearer should be the manager. It needed them to give the job to Shearer and it not go well before anybody else got a crack. Whoever we appoint, if it's not Warnock, will find what Hasselbaink has found - win and play well and quickly or people will say "should have got Warnock back".

Warnock was on the Danny Baker show last weekend and did say he'll do another job this season
Next Manager... on 18:04 - Sep 29 with 1088 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next Manager... on 17:26 - Sep 29 by bob566

theres a good manager over here in Ireland. Stephen Kenny. Was one game away from getting Dundalk into the champions league on the budget of probably two of our players but did get them through enough qualifying stages to earn them 25 million.

It didn't go well for him at Dunfermline (Karl might be able to shed more on that) They were relegated but he did lead them to a Scottish cup final too in his one year there

but he's succeeded at all the irish clubs he's been at. Titles after titles. Cups after cups.

Two weeks ago this little club called Dundalk drew away to AZ Alkmaar (5th in the dutch league) in the Europa league.

If we're thinking outside the box then that is who I'd go for. Dundalk sit top of the irish league going for their third title in a row under his stewardship. When he took over three years ago they were bottom of the league.

Might as well be Father Dougal Maguire with all the difference it would make.
Next Manager... on 18:12 - Sep 29 with 1062 viewsPunteR

The plant pot.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next Manager... on 18:15 - Sep 29 with 934 viewsbaz_qpr

Next Manager... on 17:54 - Sep 29 by daveB

Warnock was on the Danny Baker show last weekend and did say he'll do another job this season

No chance of being Warnock in this climate, nor Schteeve, nor will it be a vastly experienced manager either in this set up and what they are trying to be which is a stepping stone club. Would not be unsurprised if Ryan Giggs were to pitch up at some point
Next Manager... on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 925 viewsGloucs_R

Bruce
Jackett
McLaren

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager... on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next Manager... on 18:12 - Sep 29 by PunteR

The plant pot.

In the running for the England job, so i'm not sure his heart would be in it.
Next Manager... on 18:17 - Sep 29 with 922 viewsPunteR

Next Manager... on 18:16 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

In the running for the England job, so i'm not sure his heart would be in it.

The hat stand then..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next Manager... on 18:22 - Sep 29 with 903 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 18:17 - Sep 29 by PunteR

The hat stand then..

That's it, promote from within, classic Ferdinand boys club tactic.
Next Manager... on 18:23 - Sep 29 with 902 viewsRangersw12

Holloway or Jacket
Next Manager... on 18:26 - Sep 29 with 894 viewsterryb

I think any club would be silly to hire any manager from outside their current staff until all of these allegations blow over.

Can you imagine hiring a manager now who was then found to be guilty/involved with corruption?

Can you be sure that any of the names mentioned in this thread are above all of these practicies?
Next Manager... on 18:26 - Sep 29 with 894 viewsMatch82

Next Manager... on 16:30 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Jackett would be my choice as well in normal circumstances.

We are QPR. These ARE normal circumstances
Next Manager... on 18:31 - Sep 29 with 871 viewsmakaveli1882

Lee Johnson st Bristol City looks a fine young manager; doubt we could afford him and I doubt more he would want to come
Next Manager... on 18:32 - Sep 29 with 866 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 18:26 - Sep 29 by Match82

We are QPR. These ARE normal circumstances

No I mean the Warnock thing. I believe any manager we employ who isn't Warnock will get a much shorter time frame than normal to bed in, sort the team out etc simply because loads of people think it should have been Warnock. Bloke sitting near me was digging Hasselbaink out in January and when I pointed out it was a bit soon, poor squad of players etc he just said "Warnock got a tune out of them though didn't he?"

After Newcastle last week I'm sitting on the tube in a bit of a depressed state, no colours on or anything. Bloke opposite me says "awful wasn't it?" and I just said "yeh it was mate and to be honest I've travelled home alone without my mates because I just can't really bare to talk to anybody at the moment and I just want to be by myself etc. etc." He said "completely understand, take care". Literally a stop and a half later "It's got to be Warnock though hasn't it?" I got off at fcking Baker Street and walked to Camden Town from there.

Until we give Warnock the job again whoever we do give it to will basically have to have us competing for promotion and playing brilliant football, otherwise the "it should be Warnock" mentality will see him criticised far earlier and harsher than should be the case.

Maybe we give it to Warnock and it works. Wonderful, bloke's already a legend here, imagine the atmosphere around the place if he got us going again. Maybe we give it to Warnock and it doesn't work - still good, next manager will be afforded the proper time and space by the fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024