Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager... 15:42 - Sep 29 with 7923 viewsFloridaR

Thread maybe a bit earlier than usual Christmas/New Year free for all but I'd like to see the club go for Steve McClaren.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Next Manager... on 18:35 - Sep 29 with 1215 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 18:31 - Sep 29 by makaveli1882

Lee Johnson st Bristol City looks a fine young manager; doubt we could afford him and I doubt more he would want to come

Great set up down there now, chairman is very ambitious, absolutely loaded and supplying Johnson accordingly.
Next Manager... on 18:36 - Sep 29 with 1206 viewsToast_R

Richard Langley. He called this season right on the first podcast.
Next Manager... on 18:37 - Sep 29 with 1206 viewsted_hendrix

Gerry And The Pacemakers.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Next Manager... on 18:39 - Sep 29 with 1199 viewsToast_R

What about Ian Holloway the Blackpool years?
Next Manager... on 18:40 - Sep 29 with 1197 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next Manager... on 18:37 - Sep 29 by ted_hendrix

Gerry And The Pacemakers.

'I LIKE IT'

Coat.
Next Manager... on 18:58 - Sep 29 with 1153 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 18:32 - Sep 29 by Northernr

No I mean the Warnock thing. I believe any manager we employ who isn't Warnock will get a much shorter time frame than normal to bed in, sort the team out etc simply because loads of people think it should have been Warnock. Bloke sitting near me was digging Hasselbaink out in January and when I pointed out it was a bit soon, poor squad of players etc he just said "Warnock got a tune out of them though didn't he?"

After Newcastle last week I'm sitting on the tube in a bit of a depressed state, no colours on or anything. Bloke opposite me says "awful wasn't it?" and I just said "yeh it was mate and to be honest I've travelled home alone without my mates because I just can't really bare to talk to anybody at the moment and I just want to be by myself etc. etc." He said "completely understand, take care". Literally a stop and a half later "It's got to be Warnock though hasn't it?" I got off at fcking Baker Street and walked to Camden Town from there.

Until we give Warnock the job again whoever we do give it to will basically have to have us competing for promotion and playing brilliant football, otherwise the "it should be Warnock" mentality will see him criticised far earlier and harsher than should be the case.

Maybe we give it to Warnock and it works. Wonderful, bloke's already a legend here, imagine the atmosphere around the place if he got us going again. Maybe we give it to Warnock and it doesn't work - still good, next manager will be afforded the proper time and space by the fans.

He won't work with Les, end of.
Next Manager... on 19:00 - Sep 29 with 1146 viewsHunterhoop

Next Manager... on 18:58 - Sep 29 by PinnerPaul

For reasons quite possibly explained on another prominent thread.
Next Manager... on 19:11 - Sep 29 with 1123 viewsJogo

My pick would be Namgay the current manager of Bhutans National Womens Team...more than qualified.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager... on 19:21 - Sep 29 with 1103 viewsHunterhoop

IF we do need to bring in someone, Just go and pick someone from the lower leagues.

They could do worse than Ainsworth or Derry, for club links/PR. I think they'd be given some leeway, and, yes, I know they're struggling this season.

Otherwise there has to be lower league manager who took over a club in difficult circumstances and built something? Give them their big break.
Next Manager... on 19:45 - Sep 29 with 1054 viewsCHUBBS

Neil Warnock gets a mention when ever things fail to materialize because he was the last manager to make us proud to be Qpr fans.
I'd definitely feel the team was much safer in his hands than Jimmys however if we really want to build for the future is he really the right choice?
What he achieved at Rotherham was quite incredible especially when you look at how their form has completely collapsed since his departure.

If he's not implicated in all these investigations and he was up for it then the club couldn't really do much better than him in this division.
I wanted Jimmy to work however its not been going to well after a good start and now these allegations to contend with means the pressure on him is going to be unbearable.
If he goes and NW doesn't come then Ian Holloway would be my man with Jacket as his number 2.
Next Manager... on 19:51 - Sep 29 with 1038 viewskensalriser

Jackett wouldn't need to work as a number 2 under anyone in this division. He'll get a manager's position somewhere when the next round of departures arrives.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next Manager... on 20:02 - Sep 29 with 995 viewsCHUBBS

Maybe but in an ideal world that partnership could make the difference and they're both loved by our fans which seems to be half the battle these days.
Next Manager... on 20:14 - Sep 29 with 957 viewsCiderwithRsie

Next Manager... on 15:54 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

I don't care that much, as long as we keep the DoF structure. Some may laugh. But, given recent events, it's more important than ever we have checks and balances in place, someone looking at the football side of things as a whole (youth to first XI), and a professional business structure in place.

If a "manager" doesn't want to work under such a structure, he can jog on for all I care.

Watford have fared very well under it. Man City work with it. Lots of clubs do. It's the dinosaurs who like to control the whole thing (possibly for their own financial benefit) that resent it.

Maintaining it also gives us some degree of stability.

Maintaining it also gives us some degree of stability.

Something needs to.

But, yes, I agree.
Next Manager... on 20:18 - Sep 29 with 944 viewsbaz_qpr

Next Manager... on 18:58 - Sep 29 by PinnerPaul

It will be more the other way around.

Hoos won't want him either brings too many complications
Next Manager... on 20:24 - Sep 29 with 920 viewscorse

Defo dont want Warnock or Holloway back. Their days are gone. If Jimmy goes i d say turn your eyes from England to Germany. Couple of promising young managers without a job at the moment. Stepped into too big boots over there but would probably do very well in championship.
Next Manager... on 20:42 - Sep 29 with 874 viewsingeminate

Next Manager... on 20:24 - Sep 29 by corse

Defo dont want Warnock or Holloway back. Their days are gone. If Jimmy goes i d say turn your eyes from England to Germany. Couple of promising young managers without a job at the moment. Stepped into too big boots over there but would probably do very well in championship.

I don't see how you could possible get rid of JFH for no football reasons then hire Warnock.

Lee Hoos surely wouldn't risk having to boot Warnock for non football reasons too, he'd go from competent to laughing stock over night.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Next Manager... on 20:43 - Sep 29 with 869 viewsBrightonhoop

Too much speculation about Warnock at this time. People saying he wont work with Les, is that specific to Les or any DoF? Either way what's that all about? Sounds sus in the current climate.

Clement and McClaren combo for me to the end of the season. Gives Clement a chance to learn Management on the job under Les and Hoos direction, whilst McClaren does a bulldozer in training and produces what we know he consistently does as a coach. Useful right hand man to Clement meanwhile too. Both would have to work with a DoF.

Is it me or is it reasonable to be suspicious of Managers that wont work under a DoF?
Next Manager... on 20:48 - Sep 29 with 864 viewsdaveB

Next Manager... on 18:32 - Sep 29 by Northernr

No I mean the Warnock thing. I believe any manager we employ who isn't Warnock will get a much shorter time frame than normal to bed in, sort the team out etc simply because loads of people think it should have been Warnock. Bloke sitting near me was digging Hasselbaink out in January and when I pointed out it was a bit soon, poor squad of players etc he just said "Warnock got a tune out of them though didn't he?"

After Newcastle last week I'm sitting on the tube in a bit of a depressed state, no colours on or anything. Bloke opposite me says "awful wasn't it?" and I just said "yeh it was mate and to be honest I've travelled home alone without my mates because I just can't really bare to talk to anybody at the moment and I just want to be by myself etc. etc." He said "completely understand, take care". Literally a stop and a half later "It's got to be Warnock though hasn't it?" I got off at fcking Baker Street and walked to Camden Town from there.

Until we give Warnock the job again whoever we do give it to will basically have to have us competing for promotion and playing brilliant football, otherwise the "it should be Warnock" mentality will see him criticised far earlier and harsher than should be the case.

Maybe we give it to Warnock and it works. Wonderful, bloke's already a legend here, imagine the atmosphere around the place if he got us going again. Maybe we give it to Warnock and it doesn't work - still good, next manager will be afforded the proper time and space by the fans.

This happened in the 90's with Gerry Francis, we eventually went back to him and it was a disaster
Next Manager... on 20:51 - Sep 29 with 858 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 20:48 - Sep 29 by daveB

This happened in the 90's with Gerry Francis, we eventually went back to him and it was a disaster

Well firstly I'm not sure 'disaster' is fair. We simply got relegated two years later than we otherwise would have done, and had a fun season where we finished top ten with Kiwomya, Wardley, Steiner all playing great.

Anyway, that's not the point. It was a disaster with Shearer at Newcastle as well, but they had to get it out of the way. It's more about silencing the mouth breathers than because I think it will go well. You and I both know nobody other than Warnock is going to be given any kind of fair crack at this place until Warnock has had another go.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Next Manager... on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 810 viewsCHUBBS

Next Manager... on 20:51 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Well firstly I'm not sure 'disaster' is fair. We simply got relegated two years later than we otherwise would have done, and had a fun season where we finished top ten with Kiwomya, Wardley, Steiner all playing great.

Anyway, that's not the point. It was a disaster with Shearer at Newcastle as well, but they had to get it out of the way. It's more about silencing the mouth breathers than because I think it will go well. You and I both know nobody other than Warnock is going to be given any kind of fair crack at this place until Warnock has had another go.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The comparison you are using isn't relevant.
They wanted Shearer because he was a hero on the pitch but he was an unknown quantity off it and he proved to be completely out of his depth when push came to shove.
We know NW is a very good manager and has proved it once again this year with another miraculous job to his name.
If anyone could turn us around he could however I think for the club to develop in a healthy manner keeping a dof is imperative.
Next Manager... on 21:26 - Sep 29 with 793 viewsWilloW4

Next Manager... on 16:29 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Roy would be a very good choice.
But we need to warn the local A&E that paulparker will be in with a cardiac arrest if that happens.

Ironically I got a flyer through my letter box this morning about the closure of the A+E department for Charing X hospital..the headline read: "it's all about the money".. Whilst I know it would be terrible to close the department, I still looked for any JFH rumours/quotes.i reckon Kenny jacket is a good shout.
Next Manager... on 21:27 - Sep 29 with 788 viewsMonahoop

Next Manager... on 16:09 - Sep 29 by HendonHoop

I know this will sound odd, but what about bringing in Roy Hodgson? A good Club Football Man and old School. With McClaren at his side.Could do a lot worse I reckon.

Interesting. If he came to us, I wonder if he would sign a lot of Icelandic players??

I don't care anymore who the next boss should be, just so long as they are clean. Trouble is,if they are clean, they won't stay clean for long that's for sure. So I guess we should plump for another crook and enjoy the ride.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Next Manager... on 21:29 - Sep 29 with 775 viewsNorthernr

Next Manager... on 21:14 - Sep 29 by CHUBBS

The comparison you are using isn't relevant.
They wanted Shearer because he was a hero on the pitch but he was an unknown quantity off it and he proved to be completely out of his depth when push came to shove.
We know NW is a very good manager and has proved it once again this year with another miraculous job to his name.
If anyone could turn us around he could however I think for the club to develop in a healthy manner keeping a dof is imperative.

We know he was a very good manager. Rotherham was remarkable, but he's failed at Palace and Leeds since us, and is getting on in years.

Agree with your last line though, this week has proved once and for all you need a long term, independent, football guy as well as CEO in between the manager and the cheque book.
Next Manager... on 21:30 - Sep 29 with 769 viewsDejR_vu

De Canio. He's available, he would work under a DoF, most QPR supporters have a soft spot for him so would give him time they may not afford others, and we might see some decent football. Oh and Malcolm and Rehman are gone so we might stand a better chance of not conceding after the 87th minute

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Next Manager... on 21:38 - Sep 29 with 730 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a bit much talking about the next manager when we have one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024