Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryder Cup thread... 20:59 - Sep 29 with 7560 viewsBlackCrowe

...started. Come on Europe.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ryder Cup thread... on 21:44 - Sep 29 with 4503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Usually love the Ryder Cup and I will watch it this weekend of course but God help me I cannot warm to my compatriot Clarke. There's something lazy, fat and cigar-smoking about him. Why he is so ball-breakingly happy with himself when it must be painfully obvious to him that if he got up off his lardy ar$e now and then and shed a few stone he could have a much better career?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ryder Cup thread... on 22:12 - Sep 29 with 4482 viewsMrSheen

Yours. In size.
Ryder Cup thread... on 23:42 - Sep 29 with 4443 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ryder Cup thread... on 21:44 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Usually love the Ryder Cup and I will watch it this weekend of course but God help me I cannot warm to my compatriot Clarke. There's something lazy, fat and cigar-smoking about him. Why he is so ball-breakingly happy with himself when it must be painfully obvious to him that if he got up off his lardy ar$e now and then and shed a few stone he could have a much better career?

He's slowly morphing into a Irish Abel Xavier.
Ryder Cup thread... on 00:10 - Sep 30 with 4423 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm also suspicious of any sport where "Team" prefixes the name - Team Europe my ar$e. It's the Europe Team.

Ryder Cup thread... on 00:15 - Sep 30 with 4417 viewsHunterhoop

Ryder Cup thread... on 00:10 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm also suspicious of any sport where "Team" prefixes the name - Team Europe my ar$e. It's the Europe Team.

I used to really like the Ryder Cup but I really dislike the 'Skying up' (I know that's not a real term) of the coverage and I can't stand the fans it brings out!

Yes, many are just excited middle aged men in waterproofs, but the younger brigade....jog on you Harvard and Yale grads; it's not football, NFL, it's not a stag do, lads in a pub or tailgating. It's walking around a golf course, watching golf, which is basically a middle aged man sport.
Ryder Cup thread... on 08:40 - Sep 30 with 4365 viewsElHoop

Ryder Cup thread... on 00:15 - Sep 30 by Hunterhoop

I used to really like the Ryder Cup but I really dislike the 'Skying up' (I know that's not a real term) of the coverage and I can't stand the fans it brings out!

Yes, many are just excited middle aged men in waterproofs, but the younger brigade....jog on you Harvard and Yale grads; it's not football, NFL, it's not a stag do, lads in a pub or tailgating. It's walking around a golf course, watching golf, which is basically a middle aged man sport.

To be fair to the Americans, the PGA Tour is a much bigger deal than our European Tour and the attendances are way bigger. They got 189,722 for one day of the Phoenix Open in 2014 and that's not even a major. Over here you'd be lucky to get that many for the whole of The Open.

As for this, it's very difficult to predict. On the face of it the Americans have better players who hit it further and putt better on a long course with tricky greens, so they should win easily.

However, they don't seem to play their best in a Ryder Cup type of format. If it were just 24 blokes playing 4 rounds of golf in a normal tournament then they'd more than likely win, but it's not like that. Europe has a few problems with 6 rookies and Stenson having a dodgy knee and Willett's brother has been embarrassing. We should lose, but two against two or one against one makes it all look and feel a bit different and I wouldn't be surprised if we kept the Cup.
Ryder Cup thread... on 09:06 - Sep 30 with 4348 viewsBrianMcCarthy

El, speaking of morale and unity - what I find utterly bizarre is that the U.S. finally get shot of the underperforming and distracting Tiger Woods only to ask him back into the fold as a vice-captain.

Ryder Cup thread... on 09:18 - Sep 30 with 4343 viewsElHoop

Ryder Cup thread... on 09:06 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

El, speaking of morale and unity - what I find utterly bizarre is that the U.S. finally get shot of the underperforming and distracting Tiger Woods only to ask him back into the fold as a vice-captain.

Yeah I'm not really sure why you need all these blokes roaming around as vice-captains or whatever, but the captains always seem to think that what they do is so important, whereas I'd have thought that picking the right team and playing order and a good general preparation is probably enough and then let them get the hell on with it. They do it for a living after all. Woods - they seem to want to use him to intimidate Europe a bit by posting him at the tee, but in this context he's far from intimidating, as you say.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryder Cup thread... on 09:27 - Sep 30 with 4334 viewswelwynranger

Ryder Cup thread... on 09:06 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Loved seeing Woods at Medina. 1 up going down the last then missing 2 shortish putts then grumpily taking his hat off to give Europe the outright win. Priceless. . Hope this goes down to the last couple of singles matches on Sunday . And at the risk of upsetting Brian. Come on Team Europe.'
Ryder Cup thread... on 10:51 - Sep 30 with 4294 viewsElHoop

We've got Pieters and Lee on our side anyway.

Ryder Cup thread... on 11:22 - Sep 30 with 4269 viewsbob566

not to the US are into it as much as the Europeans.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/dave-hannigan-american-audiences-far-from-c
Ryder Cup thread... on 12:41 - Sep 30 with 4222 viewsMick_S

Ryder Cup thread... on 00:15 - Sep 30 by Hunterhoop

Sky invented golf HH. I'd also like to buy Danny Willett's brother a pint (of warm pissy English beer).

Come on Team Europe Europe Team.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ryder Cup thread... on 13:29 - Sep 30 with 4184 viewsBlackCrowe

Anyone got a good stream link so i can watch whilst pretending to work in office.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ryder Cup thread... on 13:32 - Sep 30 with 4181 viewsthemodfather

for me it all goes back to the "get in the hole" year, when a yank putted and the players, wives, dogs, cats, wildebeest ran across the green, forgetting langer had a putt to halve the cup!!! the green was full of holes from high heels and god knows what, but he played and missed
with dignity......after that it changed , crowds become more "mob" and rowdy. odd why usa so defensive when europe have when 9 of 7 or something...same for pool cup, mosconi! europe on good times. "your-rope!"
Ryder Cup thread... on 15:05 - Sep 30 with 4129 viewsHayesender

Had it on for the last half hour, and am already getting the arse with the USA USA USA.

Bunch of brain dead, burger eating, shite beer drinking morons

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ryder Cup thread... on 15:31 - Sep 30 with 4102 viewsDaiHo0p

Suck It!
Ryder Cup thread... on 18:15 - Sep 30 with 4050 viewsElHoop

This looks like it could be a massacre. We need to at least split the afternoon fourballs and regroup. I'm not sure why the two rookies haven't played yet - they could hardly do any worse. Kaymer/Willett and Rory/Pieters need to bang it out there this evening.
Ryder Cup thread... on 18:45 - Sep 30 with 4037 viewsMrSheen

Behind the red button by Sunday night, Inshallah.
Ryder Cup thread... on 18:46 - Sep 30 with 4028 viewsDiscodroids

Had a feeling before it started it would be a beasting. Long way to go but i fear annihilation.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ryder Cup thread... on 19:02 - Sep 30 with 4016 viewsElHoop

Ryder Cup thread... on 18:46 - Sep 30 by Discodroids

Had a feeling before it started it would be a beasting. Long way to go but i fear annihilation.

It's looking grim. I'd take 2-6 tonight - I'd bite your fooking hand off. It's not impossible but the bottom 4 need to hit the ball.
Ryder Cup thread... on 19:53 - Sep 30 with 3986 viewsHollowayRanger

haven't watched it since it went to scummy sky but as I voted out of Europe I had better support the yanks

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ryder Cup thread... on 20:11 - Sep 30 with 3962 viewseccles

4-0 in double quick time.... This is like watching any qpr/fulham game in recent memory.
We're doomed Mr Mainwaring, Doomed I tell ya.
Ryder Cup thread... on 20:13 - Sep 30 with 3958 viewsElHoop

Ryder Cup thread... on 20:11 - Sep 30 by eccles

4-0 in double quick time.... This is like watching any qpr/fulham game in recent memory.
We're doomed Mr Mainwaring, Doomed I tell ya.

But 2-6 isn't any more of a disaster. The likes of Monty saying that we have to get 3-1 this afternoon. Dream on. No wonder he never won a major. When it's 0-4 at halftime you have to batten down the hatches and live to fight another day.
Ryder Cup thread... on 23:39 - Sep 30 with 3852 viewsCamberleyR

Just need McIlroy and Pieters to win this hole and it's a more respectable 5-3 overnight.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ryder Cup thread... on 23:46 - Sep 30 with 3841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Missed the end of the foursomes but back for the last hour and it's been a good recovery. Superb putt by Pieters to win a hole and now McIlroy with two phenomenal shots on the sixteenth. They have to finish it now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024