Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview 18:53 - Sep 30 with 1844 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/43985
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 19:52 - Sep 30 with 1732 viewsGloryHunter

Clive, regarding the Telegraph journos either saving the best for later, or else making a thin gruel, I'm sure you read Private Eye. As you know, there have been massive job cuts at the Telegraph over the past few years, and especially this year. It was predicted in PE earlier this year that the Telegraph sports desk was being temporarily spared because of the Euros and the Olympics, but that at soon as these were over, the axe would fall. It is just possible that some desperate journalists were hoping to save their jobs by coming up with a big football scandal scoop, but that - with limited resources - this is the best they could come up with.
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 19:55 - Sep 30 with 1724 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 19:52 - Sep 30 by GloryHunter

Clive, regarding the Telegraph journos either saving the best for later, or else making a thin gruel, I'm sure you read Private Eye. As you know, there have been massive job cuts at the Telegraph over the past few years, and especially this year. It was predicted in PE earlier this year that the Telegraph sports desk was being temporarily spared because of the Euros and the Olympics, but that at soon as these were over, the axe would fall. It is just possible that some desperate journalists were hoping to save their jobs by coming up with a big football scandal scoop, but that - with limited resources - this is the best they could come up with.

Don't need Private Eye mate, I was working there until the turn of the year.
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 1712 viewsGloryHunter

Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 19:55 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Don't need Private Eye mate, I was working there until the turn of the year.

Me too, mate.
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 23:28 - Sep 30 with 1419 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good summation of a week that felt like being on a see-saw perched on a roundabout. Yesterday my sister Debs, a fellow Ranger who you've met at the C&S, asked me how I felt about it now. I said that it didn't matter because I'd change my mind again another few times. For you, the crux seems to be the apparent willingness to abandon or re-arrange training whereas I still hold out hope that that might have been poor wording by a man speaking in a second language. For me the point I keep coming back to us why he didn't say "the speech is one thing but we're not chatting about players without Les being here".

In my heart I think he should probably go for that reason alone...but then I keep reminding myself that I don't know enough to judge. With that in mind, I have huge admiration for Ferdinand and Hoos for waiting until they have all the facts before deciding.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 09:50 - Oct 1 with 1171 viewsHunterhoop

Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 23:28 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Good summation of a week that felt like being on a see-saw perched on a roundabout. Yesterday my sister Debs, a fellow Ranger who you've met at the C&S, asked me how I felt about it now. I said that it didn't matter because I'd change my mind again another few times. For you, the crux seems to be the apparent willingness to abandon or re-arrange training whereas I still hold out hope that that might have been poor wording by a man speaking in a second language. For me the point I keep coming back to us why he didn't say "the speech is one thing but we're not chatting about players without Les being here".

In my heart I think he should probably go for that reason alone...but then I keep reminding myself that I don't know enough to judge. With that in mind, I have huge admiration for Ferdinand and Hoos for waiting until they have all the facts before deciding.

This. As always the voice of balance, Bri. And only viewing the whole footage can you know the exact context of what was said, ie, did he get up and leave minutes after the player thing was raised, was there an extended gap between the public speaking bit, the fee and then the players bit?

I'll trust Hoos.

And I just want us to win today, like every Rs fan should.
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 1156 viewsrsonist

Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 23:28 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I expect he was quite aware that there were ulterior motives but thought he could string them along and extract the money without disturbing anything. Bearing in mind that football greatly operates on wink nod who-you-know networking relationships (and always has done and always will) he was probably fine with not closing the door on a potential sporting advantage in the unlikely event the firm did have a "fcking good player" up their sleeve.

The training does look bad in context but again it's disingenuous to be mortally offended that players are given days off here and there. It happens, and for various reasons, it's at the manager's discretion, it's not automatically evidence of slacking. IIRC the meetings took place while we were still riding high so it's possible JFH was feeling a tad relaxed compared to what he would have been last week.

At the end of the day JFH is a stubbornly determined young manager at the outset of his career. He likes his money, always has done, but from what we've seen of him it just doesn't ring true that he would undermine himself by signing iffy players and missing necessary training for a relatively minor sum.
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 10:07 - Oct 1 with 1149 viewsrsonist

Hoos almost seems just too good to be true. I'm staying on my guard, I've decided. A pessimist is never disappointed.
Jimmy's nice figure raises Fulham stakes - Preview on 11:42 - Oct 1 with 1061 viewsPhilmyRs

A few people have referred to the names on seats stuff and suggested its not in line with the new cost cutting approach employed by the club, but surely it is? Rather than us, some other mugs topping up Jimmy's wages. You said yourself, at Burton he was, relatively speaking, a low paid manager, and we know his contract with us allows him to do extra paid for work. Financially we're better off with this arrangement. I think a lot of people were quick to judge JFH before digesting all the facts. It still may end badly but I'm pleased Les and Hoos are demonstrating a more level headed response to this crisis. Ultimately it should be the results and quality of football which seals JFH fate, not what appears to be desperate journalism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024