Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards 20:11 - Sep 30 with 30191 viewsFredManRave

I'm sure we can all agree that if there's anyone we owe a good old fashioned Gob Bumming to it's our jolly friends down by the River. Some might say that recent results betwen us and our present league form would suggest that we'll be on the receiving end again and even more so when you take into account the week we've had. It's almost a Shay.

But No! I'm going to call the exact opposite. No idea how we're going to do, who's going to get the goals and based on nothing more than blind optimism and hope I'm going for a 1-2 result to us.

Come on you Soopa...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:00 - Oct 1 with 2043 viewsrsonist

If I've got this right then only 6 of the last 14 penalties vs Smithies have gone in...
Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:03 - Oct 1 with 2004 viewsDeepcutHoop

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 14:55 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Parker was running the show by the sounds of it. Be interesting to hear from the just backs, but I think we got very lucky today.

We did. Very lucky. That was a robbery on the face of it.

But, we worked hard in defence, got forward when we could and were clinical.

Substitutions worked in our favour, the Shodipo one made me raise my eyebrows at the time, but worked brilliantly, and Parker going off totally stopped their momentum.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 15:03]
Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 1960 viewskropotkin41

Clearly Fulham were well up for that and Parker was running the game until he went off........ but, it's not like we scored on our only 2 attacks......... we weathered the storm and had plenty of shots as well.

We got lucky.......... sometimes you have to get lucky........... it is what it is......... we move on......

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 1953 viewsHollowayRanger

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 14:41 - Oct 1 by ichbinnaughty

I wonder what two words Ray Wilkins would utter in the aftermath of that.

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:06 - Oct 1 with 1942 viewsPommyhoop

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:05 - Oct 1 by kropotkin41

Clearly Fulham were well up for that and Parker was running the game until he went off........ but, it's not like we scored on our only 2 attacks......... we weathered the storm and had plenty of shots as well.

We got lucky.......... sometimes you have to get lucky........... it is what it is......... we move on......

Jaysus ..Nice one theRrrs..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:34 - Oct 1 with 1686 viewsNortholt_Rs

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 15:06 - Oct 1 by Pommyhoop

Jaysus ..Nice one theRrrs..

Just back...from Miami! Landed to get this fabulous news. I hate them with a passion so this result means the world to me. Great result lads and gives Jimbo some breathing space I guess. Wonderful, wonderful result. I hope those of you who went took the right pizz... COYRs!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 19:42 - Oct 2 with 1265 viewsfrancisbowles

I was in with the Fulham, tickets from a friend!

I didn't see anyone in red trousers but I did see one bloke in red trackies and a few in red shoes! Does this count?

We did ride our luck a bit but also played well at times during the game. We seemed to get Henry to be a sweeper to stop them going through the centre of our defence after half time. Plaudits to CW, Smithies and Shodipo.

I was surprised at the Fulham fans booing after the penalty hit the post! I mean they had played okay, deserved something and had been the width of the crossbar and a post from getting something in the last few minutes. If they had scored they would have been given an ovation but because they just missed it was boos! Fickle or what?
Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 10:38 - Oct 3 with 1141 viewsKonk

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 19:42 - Oct 2 by francisbowles

I was in with the Fulham, tickets from a friend!

I didn't see anyone in red trousers but I did see one bloke in red trackies and a few in red shoes! Does this count?

We did ride our luck a bit but also played well at times during the game. We seemed to get Henry to be a sweeper to stop them going through the centre of our defence after half time. Plaudits to CW, Smithies and Shodipo.

I was surprised at the Fulham fans booing after the penalty hit the post! I mean they had played okay, deserved something and had been the width of the crossbar and a post from getting something in the last few minutes. If they had scored they would have been given an ovation but because they just missed it was boos! Fickle or what?

We don’t normally boo missed penalties — I think that was just a boiling over of frustration and largely for the benefit of our absentee Billionaire owner, who was in town for the NFL game at Wembley. We had known for months that McCormack and Dembele were off in the Summer and decided to replace them with a fat, out-of-form, Chris Martin on deadline day; hoping that would address the loss of two players who scored 36 league goals between them last season. As was disastrously/hilariously illustrated on Saturday (depending on your perspective), we are fu cking terrible in front of goal. Most games we have plenty of possession, 20-odd shots off target, and ten minutes watching Matt “The monolith” Smith or Chris “What’s for dinner?” Martin lumbering about perfectly illustrates where the problem lies. You can’t do anything without a bit of quality up front. Saturday was just one fu ck up after another. Kebano’s diving header right at the end almost caused me an aneurism. If he’d been a defender clearing the cross, I’d have been impressed that he managed to avoid scoring an own goal. It was unbelievable — if you’d been blindfolded and thrown a chair at the ball it probably would have gone in. And I will never be able to fully understand or come to terms with Martin’s miss in the first half. The fact that no one seemed overly keen for the pens said it all. That’s three missed pens in a fortnight. Argh! I’m getting wound up just thinking about it all.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 10:44 - Oct 3 with 1132 viewsTacticalR

I wouldn't blame the Fulham fans for booing. From a home fan's perspective that was the kind of match that could derail a whole season (the same could have been said about our match against Newcastle).

Air hostess clique

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 11:19 - Oct 3 with 1113 viewsfrancisbowles

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 10:38 - Oct 3 by Konk

We don’t normally boo missed penalties — I think that was just a boiling over of frustration and largely for the benefit of our absentee Billionaire owner, who was in town for the NFL game at Wembley. We had known for months that McCormack and Dembele were off in the Summer and decided to replace them with a fat, out-of-form, Chris Martin on deadline day; hoping that would address the loss of two players who scored 36 league goals between them last season. As was disastrously/hilariously illustrated on Saturday (depending on your perspective), we are fu cking terrible in front of goal. Most games we have plenty of possession, 20-odd shots off target, and ten minutes watching Matt “The monolith” Smith or Chris “What’s for dinner?” Martin lumbering about perfectly illustrates where the problem lies. You can’t do anything without a bit of quality up front. Saturday was just one fu ck up after another. Kebano’s diving header right at the end almost caused me an aneurism. If he’d been a defender clearing the cross, I’d have been impressed that he managed to avoid scoring an own goal. It was unbelievable — if you’d been blindfolded and thrown a chair at the ball it probably would have gone in. And I will never be able to fully understand or come to terms with Martin’s miss in the first half. The fact that no one seemed overly keen for the pens said it all. That’s three missed pens in a fortnight. Argh! I’m getting wound up just thinking about it all.

Thanks Konk, intersting to get the insider view on it. If it was, as you say, directed at the owners fair enough.

Have to agree with your comments on the 'strikers'. Things could easily have gone totally different as our defence was sliced open several times. Incidentally, has Matt Smith been lunching with Chris Martin as he looked distinctly heavier than I remember?

As for the first pen, like most, I didn't see the incident that led to it but the pen seemed to be well struck, low and inside the post. It was a superb save more than a miss in my book. I have almost reached the point where I am anticipating Smithies saving pens as he does it so frequently.
Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 11:34 - Oct 3 with 1105 viewsKonk

Freds Fulham Match Fred - Make Me Happy You Bástards on 11:19 - Oct 3 by francisbowles

Thanks Konk, intersting to get the insider view on it. If it was, as you say, directed at the owners fair enough.

Have to agree with your comments on the 'strikers'. Things could easily have gone totally different as our defence was sliced open several times. Incidentally, has Matt Smith been lunching with Chris Martin as he looked distinctly heavier than I remember?

As for the first pen, like most, I didn't see the incident that led to it but the pen seemed to be well struck, low and inside the post. It was a superb save more than a miss in my book. I have almost reached the point where I am anticipating Smithies saving pens as he does it so frequently.

It was an excellent save, but I thought it was pretty telegraphed where he was putting it. I thought Martin took pens for Derby, so was expecting him to take it - nice chance to get off the mark, but presumably he didn't fancy it.

It was a weird game and on another day, could have been a heavy win for us, but I thought you had a strong penalty shout too. Everyone around me knew that we wouldn't win once Parker went off - presumably with a knock. I'm getting wound up again thinking about Saturday!

If I'd been sat anywhere near Khan or any of the fu cking idiots he's imposed on our club, I'd have spent the whole game booing in his stupid t wat face. Still, his NFL team won at Wembley, so I'm sure he had a great weekend playing the cu nt and schmoozing on his silly fu cking boat.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024