Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) 15:35 - Oct 1 with 6541 viewsDWQPR

Right here goes. Fulham going forward were playing some great one touch football and should have been well ahead at half time but for one who shocking miss and a few near misses. But this wasn't to say that Rangers weren't having their moments going forward. Second half and they score right away from a second ball from a corner (again), a few minutes later they hit the post. A short while later another of their players contrived to miss an open goal from a far post header, and Rangers were certainly rattled. But we grew into the game and once Parker was off I felt that there would be only one team that would win it.

Smithies. Despite the attempts at goal they had he had little to save, felt he could have done better with the cross for their goal.

Onouha. Sometimes going forward he looked excellent, defending at times woeful. Had a better day today.

Caulker and Hall, both immense in the middle of defence. Hall could have been bullied once Smith came on but he coped well.

Lynch, supplied the cross for the goal, willing to get forward and certainly seems a better full back than Bidwell.
Wszolek, showed great movement going forward in the first half getting plenty of crosses in, seemed to tire in the second half.

Henry, certainly one of his better games, but too deep at times but benefitted hugely once Parker went off.

Luongo. Seemed off the pace in the first half but in the second started getting those crunching tackles in as he did against Leeds, pushed the team forward and linked well with Chery.

Washington, MOTM. Out on the left and gave their right back a torrid time all afternoon. Great running, some great crosses and linked well with both Polter and Sylla.

Polter, still looks off the pace. But put in a shift

Chery, some lovely touches, passes and great movement today, some of his link up play with Shodipo when he came on was a delight to see. Crossed for the winner.

Sylla, I like him, more mobile than BFG and great header at the far post for his goal.

Shodipo. This boy is a find. Once he was on their left back was finished. Tore him a second arśehole in the space of twenty minutes. Four crosses could easily have resulted in four goals, great runs and some great intelligent running.

The Finnish kid, if he is indeed Finnish. Looked more than comfortable for the time he was on, think with a bit more time we could have another good prospect here.

Hasselbaink got a heroes reception as he walked across the pitch at the start, and one when he left. If his teams can continue to show this passion then he can stay, but he needs to tighten that midfield.

Lee Mason. Allowed the game to flow showing exemplary fairness to both sides, only gave decisions that were obvious for all to see. Great exhibition of refereeing. Ten out of ten for me.

Not really, the guy is a mongrel that should be put down. Take that you cheating bar steward.

And the 3,500 Rangers supporters. Feerrrrr-hucking brilliant all match. Take a bow everyone.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 15:40]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 15:46 - Oct 1 with 5174 viewsPommyhoop

Cheers for the report..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) (n/t) on 15:52 - Oct 1 with 5093 viewsCamberleyR

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 15:54]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:17 - Oct 1 with 4857 viewsextratimeR

Nearly fell for the Lee Mason!

Phew!

Thanks for the report.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:18 - Oct 1 with 4855 viewsLongsufferingR

Cheers DW, you had me going at the end there! Great to hear about the support and their reception for JFH. Sticking together is the way forward.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:19 - Oct 1 with 4831 viewsterryb

Thank you DW.

Have a great time celebrating!
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:27 - Oct 1 with 4748 viewsHunterhoop

Mate, good report, but all due respect, "Hall and Caulker were immense"?!! You what?!

They were awful. You want an exhibition on how not to play centre half (as a partnership), that was it!

First rule of playing CB: try to stay no more than 10 yards apart. At times without the ball they were 30 yards apart hence his simple through balls set Fulham racing in in goal. It was farcical. Hebry ended up playing centre half more than Caulker for spells. Twice Stephen went on ridiculous runs down the pitch leaving a gaping whole at the back. With Chery not dropping deep to help the 2 in the middle, you had Luongo and Henry having to cover an enormous amount of ground.

And on top of this, almost every high ball, they lost, so the ball was co scantly dropping around our defence. And in two occasions they both challenged for the same ball leaving the Fulham forward unmarked.

It was appalling defending positionally and from a communications perspective.

They were FAR from immense.

Luongo on the other hand was exceptional. Kept making tackles and breaking up play, and his carrying on the ball has improved immeasurably. Proper central midfielder.

Agree with you that Shodipo looks a find! Great having genuine wingers like him and Pavel!
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 4649 viewsWatford_Ranger

Funny how we see the game differently.

I thought Luongo was superb both in defence and attack. Henry was so, so far off the pace IMO and Luongo did double the work to make up for it. Missed Borysiuk big time. Fulham really should have had three or four from open play we were that open.

Thought Lynch did ok out of position though he was a bit clueless going forward. Bidwell will be missed. Maybe worth giving the kid a start in a league game as he looked good there.

Shodipo was the difference in the last 20 minutes. Brilliant example of what is needed from a winger at this level. Rocket science it is not.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:42 - Oct 1 with 4589 viewsHunterhoop

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:37 - Oct 1 by Watford_Ranger

Funny how we see the game differently.

I thought Luongo was superb both in defence and attack. Henry was so, so far off the pace IMO and Luongo did double the work to make up for it. Missed Borysiuk big time. Fulham really should have had three or four from open play we were that open.

Thought Lynch did ok out of position though he was a bit clueless going forward. Bidwell will be missed. Maybe worth giving the kid a start in a league game as he looked good there.

Shodipo was the difference in the last 20 minutes. Brilliant example of what is needed from a winger at this level. Rocket science it is not.

Agree Luongo was MoTM (across both teams for me). Henry wasn't as bad as some will say. His legs are going certainly, which means he's slow to get to the ball too much, but positionally he was good. He covered for Caulker so often. Did a lord the unglamorous stuff that needs doing, especially if your two centre halves were parting like the Red Sea on repeat.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 4525 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:42 - Oct 1 by Hunterhoop

Agree Luongo was MoTM (across both teams for me). Henry wasn't as bad as some will say. His legs are going certainly, which means he's slow to get to the ball too much, but positionally he was good. He covered for Caulker so often. Did a lord the unglamorous stuff that needs doing, especially if your two centre halves were parting like the Red Sea on repeat.

Still I'd have liked him to have been able to match Parker for legs but he looked like a dad in a dad v lads match to me. Seemed to spend most of the game playing at sweeper.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 17:04 - Oct 1 with 4408 viewsTacticalR

Just back. My first ever visit to the Cottage, which is a bit more modern than it looks on TV.

I can't do a match report because I honestly don't know wtf just happened. I was also at the back of the away stand so some things were a bit hard to see.

I haven't got a clue what the ref gave their penalties for, and the trip on Shodipo looked a penalty.

As mentioned, at times we had a gaping hole in the centre of our defence, and Fulham should probably have had five goals. How did they manage to miss two penalties and an open goal with two players against the keeper?

Having said that, we clung on for dear life, and at times played some good stuff. The thing that was most pleasing was that at last we had a few ideas going forward. We also seemed to deal a lot better with the height disadvantage we have against a lot of teams in the division as Chery and Luongo were bringing down high balls with skill.

Air hostess clique

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 17:06 - Oct 1 with 4384 viewsrsonist

If we had more threat from full back and better team coordination then Henry playing Black Country Busquets would be a winner...
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 17:24 - Oct 1 with 4249 viewsBoston

Obviously...we put in an offer for Parker in January.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 17:30 - Oct 1 with 4184 viewsactonman

By the sound of that , we were great ?

A bit worrying as throughout the game it sounded like we where playing Barcelona with Scott Parker as iniesta ?
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 18:14 - Oct 1 with 3945 viewsWestbourneR

Drop Hall and get Caulker a positionally astute leader as a partner and we might be able to get a central defensive partnership going.

Shame about the left back issues as you'd like to tick Lynch in there asap.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 18:40 - Oct 1 with 3808 viewsessextaxiboy

Thanks for that . Just landed in Fuerteventura , watched the goals while still on the plane, brilliant start to the week ..Really pleased for Jimmy ..
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 21:00 - Oct 1 with 3313 viewsJigsore

Chuffed with today. Fulham will argue bad luck but Mason was ridiculous and in the end we took our chances. Love Sylla, he looks like a good buy. Smithies is a rock it goes without saying. That plu we even had a couple of youth team graduates on the pitch today, it's just what we wanted!

Still think Lynch should be playing over Hall if he can look that good out of position but oh well

COYRS

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 00:55 - Oct 2 with 2945 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 16:27 - Oct 1 by Hunterhoop

Mate, good report, but all due respect, "Hall and Caulker were immense"?!! You what?!

They were awful. You want an exhibition on how not to play centre half (as a partnership), that was it!

First rule of playing CB: try to stay no more than 10 yards apart. At times without the ball they were 30 yards apart hence his simple through balls set Fulham racing in in goal. It was farcical. Hebry ended up playing centre half more than Caulker for spells. Twice Stephen went on ridiculous runs down the pitch leaving a gaping whole at the back. With Chery not dropping deep to help the 2 in the middle, you had Luongo and Henry having to cover an enormous amount of ground.

And on top of this, almost every high ball, they lost, so the ball was co scantly dropping around our defence. And in two occasions they both challenged for the same ball leaving the Fulham forward unmarked.

It was appalling defending positionally and from a communications perspective.

They were FAR from immense.

Luongo on the other hand was exceptional. Kept making tackles and breaking up play, and his carrying on the ball has improved immeasurably. Proper central midfielder.

Agree with you that Shodipo looks a find! Great having genuine wingers like him and Pavel!

Agree with this.

The centre-backs were poor today, particularly in the first half where they were caught out several times by simple passes straight through the middle or long balls over the top. Hall lost the majority of his headers and no one was alert to the 2nd ball. Caulker went forward far too often leaving Henry of all people to cover. Nedum was ok going forward but poor defensively with Pavel having to repeatedly cover at right back. Personally I can't wait to see Lynch given a shot at centre half.

Our midfield duo were bossed by Parker and Crainey in the first half with the former in particular pulling the strings. I was very relieved to see them subbed. Luongo took greater control in the 2nd half but he needs a partner in crime as Henry is not the answer.

The bright note was Shodipo. For one so young he looks sharp, intelligent and incisive. A genuine winger who links the play well and thrives on getting to the byline and delivering quality crosses. Also great to see Conor finally get his goal; let's hope that's the first of many. Sylla too was impressive and they looked a genuine partnership.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 08:44 - Oct 2 with 2712 viewsRangersw12

I thought Henry played well and if you look he is the only midfielder who goes looking for the ball from defence .

Don't know what the 1st pen was for and 2nd pen should of been indirect free kick as high foot ?
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 08:45 - Oct 2 with 2709 viewsdaveB

agree with Hunter on the centre halves, i can't believe a man of Caulkers experience feels it's ok in an away game to play up front for a few minutes and every time he did it they carved through u on the break and should have scored.

On another day this would have been a right hiding for us but we had a bit of luck on our side and I felt the effort the team put in deserved that luck. Washington was excellent on the left going forward and after Parker went off there was only one winner as we controlled the game well.

Brilliant scenes at the end, I think as fans we needed a win like that after a pretty dull start to the season, lets hope it's the start of something rather than a one off.

Also not sure JFH got such a great reception, he was getting some right stick in the second half for not bringing on Sandro and for being a greedy bastard but overall it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 09:27 - Oct 2 with 2618 viewsjonno

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 08:44 - Oct 2 by Rangersw12

I thought Henry played well and if you look he is the only midfielder who goes looking for the ball from defence .

Don't know what the 1st pen was for and 2nd pen should of been indirect free kick as high foot ?

There are no indirect free kicks now in the penalty area - any offence is a penalty.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 09:33 - Oct 2 with 2587 viewsloftboy

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 09:27 - Oct 2 by jonno

There are no indirect free kicks now in the penalty area - any offence is a penalty.

Let's hope smithies doesn't pick up a back pass then

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 10:14 - Oct 2 with 2481 viewsDWQPR

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 08:45 - Oct 2 by daveB

agree with Hunter on the centre halves, i can't believe a man of Caulkers experience feels it's ok in an away game to play up front for a few minutes and every time he did it they carved through u on the break and should have scored.

On another day this would have been a right hiding for us but we had a bit of luck on our side and I felt the effort the team put in deserved that luck. Washington was excellent on the left going forward and after Parker went off there was only one winner as we controlled the game well.

Brilliant scenes at the end, I think as fans we needed a win like that after a pretty dull start to the season, lets hope it's the start of something rather than a one off.

Also not sure JFH got such a great reception, he was getting some right stick in the second half for not bringing on Sandro and for being a greedy bastard but overall it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

The through balls that Fulham were playing are the type of balls that we should be playing, with the right players making the runs, usually from midfield, used to happen a lot under Di Canio and our midfield scored a lot of goals as a result. It is not rocket science and is very difficult to defend against unless you play deeper as a defensive unit.

As far as the reception for Hasselbaink is concerned the 'greedy bar steward' chanting came from the Fulham end once they had woken up and the only real dissent from the Rangers supporters as far as I am concerned came from the Sandro chant.

We were lucky yesterday, very lucky at times and I am sure that somewhere within this squad is a very good team, but it is all about playing the right players and making sure that they are played in their right positions. Since Wszolek has been played on the wing instead of a makeshift like Cousins we look far more balanced and it is the same when Shodipo plays. Washington is now in a position where I have always felt that he is best at and he gave their right back no respite all afternoon.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 12:40 - Oct 2 with 2294 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 08:44 - Oct 2 by Rangersw12

He did so because Caulker was going walkabouts and when he did he passed the ball sideways. The bottom line is the guy is too limited for such an important position. If JFH wants to build a team capable of challenging for promotion then we need better. Jackett (who many on here respect and would like to see as QPR manager) didn't think he was good enough for a Wolves team in League 1, let alone the Championship.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 19:17 - Oct 2 with 2055 viewsLongsufferingR

Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 12:40 - Oct 2 by Benny_the_Ball

He did so because Caulker was going walkabouts and when he did he passed the ball sideways. The bottom line is the guy is too limited for such an important position. If JFH wants to build a team capable of challenging for promotion then we need better. Jackett (who many on here respect and would like to see as QPR manager) didn't think he was good enough for a Wolves team in League 1, let alone the Championship.

Not true. After they went down to League 1, they needed to get rid of their highest earners and Jackett said he wanted to build a younger (cheaper) side. Nobody ever said he wasn't good enough for League One.
Just Back (In Tarquins and Ruperts Favourite Boozer) on 19:25 - Oct 2 with 2023 viewsDeepcutHoop

Having watched the game through, we were better than we sounded on the radio commentary (and much better than on the Fulham commentary ;) )

Henry was pretty good I thought, and we had some very promising passages of play and some sharp clever passing too.

Promising stuff, even if we are very sloppy in defence.

Also highly recommend the Fulham commentary, it's properly hilarious. Wish we had such a partisan comms combo. ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024