Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That new stadium you paid for 17:39 - Oct 2 with 19337 viewsBoston

....over in Stratford. Hurry up and pay for more policing will ya. Again disturbances between 'new' and old fans inside the ground and a good old school brawl with Boro outside.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That new stadium you paid for on 10:02 - Oct 27 with 2209 viewsJuzzie

That new stadium you paid for on 20:36 - Oct 26 by rsonist

"copyright". FFS.......

Modern football.

Hopefully he can be found (putting his nickname on there not really a bright move) and be done for enticing homophobic chants.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 11:21]
That new stadium you paid for on 10:12 - Oct 27 with 2196 viewsJuzzie

That new stadium you paid for on 10:00 - Oct 27 by SuffolkHoop

It will have CCTV surely. They'll be able to identify those involved. Why is there so much trouble at this ground though?

Because people are unable to go to a football game and act like adults.

Too much booze, drugs, testosterone etc.

You have the old school Hammers who want to stand and think that because they're the salt of the earth and been going for years that they have the right to be righteous over what they see as the 'newcomers'. Lots of conflicts between their own fans.

Chuck in a stadium that is not fit for football, both inside and outside and it's a recipie for disaster.
That new stadium you paid for on 10:56 - Oct 27 with 2131 viewsTacticalR

It will have CCTV surely. They'll be able to identify those involved. Why is there so much trouble at this ground though?

All along the main problem for me has been that this is a stadium not designed for football. All the other problems stem from this. However, I didn't foresee that segregation would be such a problem, but now that I think about it, this also stems from the same cause - the stadium was not designed with segregation in mind.

Air hostess clique

That new stadium you paid for on 11:04 - Oct 27 with 2114 viewsjohncharles

Bit of an anomaly there. Don't think the people that it's aimed at can read.

Strong and stable my arse.

That new stadium you paid for on 11:10 - Oct 27 with 2102 viewsrobith

Because it was designed for a lovey dovey event where everyone sits together and holds hands, not thinking that one day the scum of London would be there handing out homophobic song sheets and trying to tear strips off each other while filming it on their ipads
That new stadium you paid for on 11:12 - Oct 27 with 2102 viewspaulparker

il probably get pelters on here but last night I envied west ham and Chelsea
only for the simple fact that both sets of fans had a game to get worked up about
a derby game with some edge and a game they could care about
I cant remember the last game we had that resembled anything remotely that, probably Chelsea at home when Green kicked it like an 11 year old to fabergas and even then it wasn't a patch on the 2011 game
now I don't condone any bottle or coin throwing which is cowardly but all it seemed to me was a load of lads with there arms outstretched like apes , ive seen better fighting in the school yard
hardly the bad old days of the 70s and 80s

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That new stadium you paid for on 11:14 - Oct 27 with 2095 viewsJuzzie

That new stadium you paid for on 11:12 - Oct 27 by paulparker

only for the simple fact that both sets of fans had a game to get worked up about
I cant remember the last game we had that resembled anything remotely that, probably Chelsea at home when Green kicked it like an 11 year old to fabergas and even then it wasn't a patch on the 2011 game
now I don't condone any bottle or coin throwing which is cowardly but all it seemed to me was a load of lads with there arms outstretched like apes , ive seen better fighting in the school yard

I doubt very much they cared about the game.
That new stadium you paid for on 11:21 - Oct 27 with 2085 viewsTacticalR

How about a 'Your favourite year for football hooliganism' thread?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

That new stadium you paid for on 11:39 - Oct 27 with 2053 viewspaulparker

That new stadium you paid for on 11:21 - Oct 27 by TacticalR

How about a 'Your favourite year for football hooliganism' thread?

im not into football hooliganism and never said I was

I said I envied both sets of fans for having a game that had an edge to it
id gather we were playing west ham or Chelsea midweek with an electric atmosphere
then sitting through Reading or Preston with the place like a morgue

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That new stadium you paid for on 11:47 - Oct 27 with 2031 viewsAntti_Heinola

they weren't worked up about the game though, were they? They were worked up about having a ruck. Of course, as part of a big group. Funny how you don't see these guys walking around by themselves attacking people.

People recall the great atmospheres of the 80s - but attendances were in the gutter. Of course you had sell-outs, but stuff like this kept people away. I remember being a kid and being in grounds with violence and it was some of the worst experiences of my life. Just makes me feel physically sick.

Proper atmosphere is Liverpool at home in the 3-2, or the Oldham game. Not crap like last night - that's something totally different imo.

Bare bones.

That new stadium you paid for on 11:50 - Oct 27 with 2028 viewsTacticalR

That new stadium you paid for on 11:39 - Oct 27 by paulparker

id gather we were playing west ham or Chelsea midweek with an electric atmosphere

That was intended as a light-hearted suggestion.

I do agree with your main point that there is little sense of perspective and any whiff of trouble is immediately declared to be 'a return to the bad old days of the 70s and 80s'.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 11:51]

Air hostess clique

That new stadium you paid for on 11:54 - Oct 27 with 2021 viewsrobith

That new stadium you paid for on 11:39 - Oct 27 by paulparker

But the edge wasn't because of the game - it's cos they wanted to tear strips off each other. I don't think you can really detach it from that.

If the option is sitting in silence watching my team grind out a draw or an exciting game where someone is throwing chairs at me, i'll take the former, ta
That new stadium you paid for on 12:01 - Oct 27 with 2009 viewspaulparker

That new stadium you paid for on 11:50 - Oct 27 by TacticalR

That was intended as a light-hearted suggestion.

I do agree with your main point that there is little sense of perspective and any whiff of trouble is immediately declared to be 'a return to the bad old days of the 70s and 80s'.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 11:51]

Sorry Tactical I thought that was a dig

the media were waiting for it all to go off and up until a few handbags were thrown towards the end they would have been very disappointed,
at least the game meant something to people last night , the Manchester derby game was awful one of the worst derby games I've seen for atmosphere ,
as I said im not advocating ripping up seats or chucking coins but a midweek cup visit from Arsenal , Spurs Chelsea , west ham , Luton would at least get the blood pumping and a bit of an atmosphere going

That new stadium you paid for on 12:07 - Oct 27 with 1995 viewsJuzzie

That new stadium you paid for on 11:54 - Oct 27 by robith

But the edge wasn't because of the game - it's cos they wanted to tear strips off each other. I don't think you can really detach it from that.

If the option is sitting in silence watching my team grind out a draw or an exciting game where someone is throwing chairs at me, i'll take the former, ta

I remember going to the 1986 Milk Cup semi-final 2nd leg at Anfield on the supporters club train.
As we puled into Liverpool station you could hear banging and glass breaking as stones were being thrown at the train. One girl got glass in her eye and missed the first half. We saw her come into the away section at half time with her eye bandaged up.

Shuttle bus to the ground, same, attacked with stones. Old bill nowhere to be seen.

Even more on the way back (old bill nowhere to be seen) especially as we were the first team to knock them ever so loveable scally's out of the Milk Cup for the first time in 4 years.

We had people come down the train carriages telling everyone to pull the blinds down and sit as far from the windows as possible as we pulled out of the station. Again, more thudding and sound of breaking glass.

Yeah, "happy days". FFS.

Perfectly possible to have a great atmosphere inside the ground without the need to rip up seats, thrown coins etc.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 12:09]
That new stadium you paid for on 12:11 - Oct 27 with 1977 viewspaulparker

That new stadium you paid for on 11:54 - Oct 27 by robith

I disagree with that to a point, the game was hyped beyond believe from the media , not the fans
the media were the ones looking for a fight to happen , they were the ones since the draw was made making a big deal of it , some silly reports had millwall's lot turning up as well, like it was going to be some hooligan convention
I don't recall many running battles between at upton park the last few years between the 2 sets of fans ,
if you prefer to sit in silence at home to Preston then that's fine , all im saying is I would rather be in a game at say Stamford bridge with 6k other QPR fans with a bit old fashioned rivalry with a game that means something

That new stadium you paid for on 12:22 - Oct 27 with 1952 viewsDorse

My brother has always had a penchant for a ruck at football and has been doing it since he was a lad. I find it fascinating because he is such a laid back, friendly sort of chap. It is genuinely hard to imagine him engaging in the ignoble art of Thumpology with anyone. I remember one conversation with him a few years ago where he described it as 'quite a lot like Football Factory but without the drugs'.

He is now a grandfather - surely he should be concentrating on reminiscing in a rocking chair, staring wistfully out of the window whilst eating Werthers Original and complaining about the new fiver?

I propose some sort of rest home for pwopah naughty geezers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

That new stadium you paid for on 12:59 - Oct 27 with 1854 viewsR_from_afar

That new stadium you paid for on 12:07 - Oct 27 by Juzzie

I remember going to the 1986 Milk Cup semi-final 2nd leg at Anfield on the supporters club train.
As we puled into Liverpool station you could hear banging and glass breaking as stones were being thrown at the train. One girl got glass in her eye and missed the first half. We saw her come into the away section at half time with her eye bandaged up.

Shuttle bus to the ground, same, attacked with stones. Old bill nowhere to be seen.

Even more on the way back (old bill nowhere to be seen) especially as we were the first team to knock them ever so loveable scally's out of the Milk Cup for the first time in 4 years.

We had people come down the train carriages telling everyone to pull the blinds down and sit as far from the windows as possible as we pulled out of the station. Again, more thudding and sound of breaking glass.

Yeah, "happy days". FFS.

Perfectly possible to have a great atmosphere inside the ground without the need to rip up seats, thrown coins etc.

Like the relatively recent QPR 2 Man City 3. Loftus Rd was an absolute bearpit, full of hostility and passion, but not, unless I missed it, violence. The whistling when City had the ball was tremendous. We fans gave the team an extra gear, something we can always do, if we want to.

To a large extent, we make the atmosphere.

I'd also like to think Rs fans would rise above the sort of moronic behaviour on display at The Taxpayers' Arena last night.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

That new stadium you paid for on 13:21 - Oct 27 with 1805 viewsstowmarketrange

That new stadium you paid for on 12:07 - Oct 27 by Juzzie

Yeah, "happy days". FFS.

I must have been one of the lucky ones that night.I got a lift up in my mates dad's car and we got parked up by the ground about 5.30 and went straight into the nearest pub to the kop end.We were happily mixing with the locals.The only problems came at the turnstiles when we all had to find small change as they quickly ran out.
And of course the surge in the away end when the 2nd equaliser went in.God knows how nobody was seriously injured that night inside the ground.
I did hear stories of the buses to and from the ground in the 70's but I never used them so I can't comment.The special trains were a bit of a nightmare though at some places we used to go to.
That new stadium you paid for on 15:01 - Oct 27 with 1641 viewsBoston

So even with the cameras they're still I C Effing around?

That new stadium you paid for on 15:03 - Oct 27 with 1636 viewsBoston

That new stadium you paid for on 12:22 - Oct 27 by Dorse

My brother has always had a penchant for a ruck at football and has been doing it since he was a lad. I find it fascinating because he is such a laid back, friendly sort of chap. It is genuinely hard to imagine him engaging in the ignoble art of Thumpology with anyone. I remember one conversation with him a few years ago where he described it as 'quite a lot like Football Factory but without the drugs'.

He is now a grandfather - surely he should be concentrating on reminiscing in a rocking chair, staring wistfully out of the window whilst eating Werthers Original and complaining about the new fiver?

I propose some sort of rest home for pwopah naughty geezers.

Would you be considered the 'white' sheep of the family?

That new stadium you paid for on 15:24 - Oct 27 with 1602 viewsdistortR

That new stadium you paid for on 15:03 - Oct 27 by Boston

Would you be considered the 'white' sheep of the family?

i want to see a documentary on hooligans with Dorses brother on it. "I have a penchant for a ruck". There goes his street cred!
That new stadium you paid for on 15:26 - Oct 27 with 1601 viewsdistortR

That new stadium you paid for on 18:04 - Oct 5 by RangersDave

And still we pump money into the source if all this greed and evil......... SKY!

lol. Going back through this thread, misread that as ....SWP.
That new stadium you paid for on 15:52 - Oct 27 with 1546 viewsToast_R

A couple of home matches behind closed doors will soon sort this out. Especially if it means Sky or BT look stupid.
That new stadium you paid for on 16:42 - Oct 27 with 1473 viewsBoston

That new stadium you paid for on 15:24 - Oct 27 by distortR

i want to see a documentary on hooligans with Dorses brother on it. "I have a penchant for a ruck". There goes his street cred!

It's the Loft, 1978, Rangers and Arsenal lined up about to go toe to toe, a lone West Country man steps forward....Marquess of Queensberry rules old chaps.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 16:45]

That new stadium you paid for on 17:04 - Oct 27 with 1437 views1MoreBrightonR

apologies if a Spackman but this is a good report from last night
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/27/west-ham-fans-view-london-stadi
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024