Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium in Greenford 12:27 - Oct 10 with 12632 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I will try putting the picture up from the North Greenford Residents Association monthly newsletter.

However, a mate has just alerted me to a comment that a proposal to redevelop the Butlers warehouse site on Oldfield Lane just up from Greenford station, includes reference to a '...proposals for a huge football stadium.''

Totally unsuitable site!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stadium in Greenford on 12:56 - Oct 10 with 5465 viewsBoston

Not in my backyard.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stadium in Greenford on 13:45 - Oct 10 with 5300 viewsjohncharles

All the pubs in Greenford have closed in the last ten years.

Strong and stable my arse.

Stadium in Greenford on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 5274 viewsGloucs_R

Pretty naff transport link

Poll: Are we staying up?

Stadium in Greenford on 14:05 - Oct 10 with 5186 viewsMick_S

Stadium in Greenford on 13:45 - Oct 10 by johncharles

The Black Horse could be the new Springbok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stadium in Greenford on 14:06 - Oct 10 with 5180 viewsDWQPR

Butlers warehouse is a very old development and a building I can remember as long as I can recall, and I was born and brought up on the Greenford Road a few hundred yards the other side of the railway to the warehouse. I would have imagined that the site isn't big enough for a football stadium the size that the club are looking for and I would imagine that it would be a smaller footprint than the one at LR, but having just compared the two sites on Google Earth, the warehouse does seem to have twice the land size as LR. Whether the club would look so far away from HQ I wouldn't know, but given that they are already in cahoots with Ealing Council I suppose anything is possible, especially given that there is an awful lot of redevelopment happening in that part of Greenford on the old Glaxo site and Mothers Pride bakery. Greenford station obviously is very close by and there are the old mainline links by the station, not including the push and pull, which could be developed for transport. A possibility I suppose.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Stadium in Greenford on 14:19 - Oct 10 with 5115 viewsBoston

Realistically, yes while close(ish), it's a bit of a dead zone. An area that has(had) plenty of fans but a big step down in public transport access. Thumbs down, at the moment anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stadium in Greenford on 14:21 - Oct 10 with 5101 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Fvck off Ruislip, the outskirts of West London is Rs'
[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 14:22]
Stadium in Greenford on 14:33 - Oct 10 with 5048 viewsGloucs_R

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Greenford an Uxbridge postcode? So, we'd no longer be classified as West London?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium in Greenford on 14:49 - Oct 10 with 4995 viewsHayesender

Stadium in Greenford on 14:33 - Oct 10 by Gloucs_R

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Greenford an Uxbridge postcode? So, we'd no longer be classified as West London?

UB6 I believe. Inspiring stuff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Stadium in Greenford on 15:22 - Oct 10 with 4884 viewshoof_hearted

Oh oh. An international break means this thread, based on a comment on a proposal with no mention of QPR, could get to several pages

Anyway, I suspect this is an alternative plan by Car Giant to make the locals agree it can be a massive car sale yard in preference to 75,000 raging football hooligans causing havoc every week.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 15:22]
Stadium in Greenford on 15:31 - Oct 10 with 4858 viewsPinnerPaul

Stadium in Greenford on 13:50 - Oct 10 by Gloucs_R

Pretty naff transport link

???? Its 30 seconds walk from the tube station & 2 minutes drive from the A40?
Stadium in Greenford on 15:38 - Oct 10 with 4844 viewsLythamR

Stadium in Greenford on 13:45 - Oct 10 by johncharles

Perfect

no pubs mean more beer consumed in the ground, more profit for the club

not saying there is any substance to this but i have thought we would end up along the A40 ever since Wright started looking at potential sites, my money was on the are past Northolt airport towards Hillingdon station
Stadium in Greenford on 15:43 - Oct 10 with 4831 viewsMytch_QPR

Land prices would be considerably cheaper than Old Oak Common - maybe it's a fall back plan.
Brentford are sorted with their new ground (as far as I am aware), so I can't see who else it could be.
Can anyone clarify 'huge' - i.e. capacity?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Stadium in Greenford on 15:53 - Oct 10 with 4797 viewsGloucs_R

Stadium in Greenford on 15:31 - Oct 10 by PinnerPaul

???? Its 30 seconds walk from the tube station & 2 minutes drive from the A40?

In comparison to the Bush or old oak. Central line is a ball ache from Paddington

Stadium in Greenford on 16:34 - Oct 10 with 4664 viewsHendonHoop

What? Even the Oldfield and The Greenwood Tavern?
Stadium in Greenford on 16:49 - Oct 10 with 4627 viewsHayesender

Stadium in Greenford on 15:53 - Oct 10 by Gloucs_R

In comparison to the Bush or old oak. Central line is a ball ache from Paddington

Piece of pish from Paddington. Direct trains to Greenford from there

Stadium in Greenford on 17:41 - Oct 10 with 4470 viewsGloucs_R

Stadium in Greenford on 16:49 - Oct 10 by Hayesender

Piece of pish from Paddington. Direct trains to Greenford from there

As in trains, rather than tube?

Stadium in Greenford on 18:04 - Oct 10 with 4409 viewsHayesender

Stadium in Greenford on 17:41 - Oct 10 by Gloucs_R

As in trains, rather than tube?

As in trains yes, and when Crossrail opens in a couple of years time, it'll be even easier to get to.

Not that I wanna move to Greenford. Second only to Hayes as the biggest shithole in west London

Stadium in Greenford on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 4196 viewsonlyrinmoray

Stadium in Greenford on 18:04 - Oct 10 by Hayesender

As in trains yes, and when Crossrail opens in a couple of years time, it'll be even easier to get to.

Not that I wanna move to Greenford. Second only to Hayes as the biggest shithole in west London

and Shepherds Bush is a picturesque part of West London ?

I used to work for Rockware Glass is it that site that's being allegedly considered ?

I played for North Greenford Utd and met my wife at the Oldfield Hotel so Ive a lot of ancient history connections to that area
Stadium in Greenford on 20:57 - Oct 10 with 3998 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'd be very happy if we stayed in exactly the same site, with a stadium we can actually fill, just refurbished and designed for people over 5'5 in height.

Loftus Road (tarted up or not) or nothing for me.
Stadium in Greenford on 21:31 - Oct 10 with 3926 viewsHendonHoop

Stadium in Greenford on 16:34 - Oct 10 by HendonHoop

What? Even the Oldfield and The Greenwood Tavern?

Also, what about the Rising Sun in Greenford rd. Has that closed down as well?
Stadium in Greenford on 22:00 - Oct 10 with 3862 viewsjohncharles

Stadium in Greenford on 20:57 - Oct 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'd be very happy if we stayed in exactly the same site, with a stadium we can actually fill, just refurbished and designed for people over 5'5 in height.

It's all part of another urban myth helped along by property developers who would love to get their mitts on LR. The kind of money talked about for new stadium would be easily enough to refurbish LR with lots left over.

Strong and stable my arse.

Stadium in Greenford on 22:02 - Oct 10 with 3856 viewsLadbrokeR

Stadium in Greenford on 15:22 - Oct 10 by hoof_hearted

Oh oh. An international break means this thread, based on a comment on a proposal with no mention of QPR, could get to several pages

Anyway, I suspect this is an alternative plan by Car Giant to make the locals agree it can be a massive car sale yard in preference to 75,000 raging football hooligans causing havoc every week.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 15:22]

Stadium in Greenford on 22:04 - Oct 10 with 3845 viewsQPR_John

Stadium in Greenford on 20:57 - Oct 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Redesigned for extra space per person suggest a smaller capacity. So a smaller attendance than now which is one of the lowest in the Championship as it is. I love LR as much as anybody, I remember it when the Ellerslie Road stand was the only seating area, but now it is just not a stadium that can support a club in the Championship in the long term.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 22:11]
Stadium in Greenford on 22:09 - Oct 10 with 3832 viewsQPR_John

Stadium in Greenford on 22:00 - Oct 10 by johncharles

It's all part of another urban myth helped along by property developers who would love to get their mitts on LR. The kind of money talked about for new stadium would be easily enough to refurbish LR with lots left over.

Out of interest what kind of capacity would a redesigned LR have
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024