Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Marathon 2017 23:08 - Oct 10 with 4176 viewsE17hoop

Anyone been successful in the ballot?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

London Marathon 2017 on 10:27 - Oct 11 with 3355 viewsMoonshineSteve

Postie has just been and hasn't brought me any news. Are they out then?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

London Marathon 2017 on 11:00 - Oct 11 with 3322 viewsMytch_QPR

The website states ballot results 'from Sat 8 Oct' - no email or post for me as yet.
Whilst I have really enjoyed these big marathons in the past (London / Brighton / Edinburgh), I'm trying to do smaller events now - they tend to be more friendly and you don't have to pick up your race pack beforehand and all of the commercial stuff that goes with it.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

London Marathon 2017 on 11:08 - Oct 11 with 3320 viewsEastR

yes, got the confirmation newsletter and acceptance form yesterday
only 28 weeks to go! (or something like that)

Will be looking at some HM events in Feb/March to tie in with the training programme

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

London Marathon 2017 on 11:16 - Oct 11 with 3317 viewsstowmarketrange

I think I'll stick to being a volunteer Marshall again for next year.That running lark looks such hard work.
London Marathon 2017 on 11:25 - Oct 11 with 3308 viewsMytch_QPR

London Marathon 2017 on 11:08 - Oct 11 by EastR

yes, got the confirmation newsletter and acceptance form yesterday
only 28 weeks to go! (or something like that)

Will be looking at some HM events in Feb/March to tie in with the training programme

Fleet HM is a good one (you probably knew that anyway) - I always give that a go in March.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

London Marathon 2017 on 11:54 - Oct 11 with 3291 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London Marathon 2017 on 11:16 - Oct 11 by stowmarketrange

I think I'll stick to being a volunteer Marshall again for next year.That running lark looks such hard work.

My running days are a fond, distant but ultimately, painful memory for me.

Like you, I am also volunteering on the day for the Alzheimer's Society. Of the marathons I ran and sporting activities I've been to, the London Marathon is up there for sheer fantasticificationness, people should go, its a great day out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

London Marathon 2017 on 13:25 - Oct 11 with 3245 viewsrunningman75

London Marathon 2017 on 11:00 - Oct 11 by Mytch_QPR

The website states ballot results 'from Sat 8 Oct' - no email or post for me as yet.
Whilst I have really enjoyed these big marathons in the past (London / Brighton / Edinburgh), I'm trying to do smaller events now - they tend to be more friendly and you don't have to pick up your race pack beforehand and all of the commercial stuff that goes with it.

I did Richmond Park marathon in May. Toughish course and took me 4 hrs 32 minutes. Still waiting regarding London but extremely friendly small event.
London Marathon 2017 on 13:36 - Oct 11 with 3235 viewsstowmarketrange

London Marathon 2017 on 13:25 - Oct 11 by runningman75

I did Richmond Park marathon in May. Toughish course and took me 4 hrs 32 minutes. Still waiting regarding London but extremely friendly small event.

I spent my youth cycling,walking and sometimes even running round that park.How many times did you have to circle it to reach 26 miles?
Login to get fewer ads

London Marathon 2017 on 13:41 - Oct 11 with 3230 viewsrunningman75

Was a 3 lap course , 1 short loop and 2 longer loops, interesting running past deer and nearly gave up around 24 miles as saw a nice cafe and the urge to go , rest my feet from the beating sun and gorge myself nearly took over. My wallet was in my friends taxi though and he was way ahead of me.
London Marathon 2017 on 16:55 - Oct 11 with 3138 viewsMoonshineSteve

Just received a rejection email.

London Marathon 2017 on 20:00 - Oct 11 with 3106 viewsE17hoop

I got the rejection magazine yesterday. Will try a charity ballot and will look at some HM and other marathons next year I think. I know a few people who did the Royal parks half last weekend and they said it was excellent.

London Marathon 2017 on 20:28 - Oct 11 with 3086 viewshamptonhillhoop

Did the windsor half the other week. That was a hilly bu**er! Doing the Thames half around Walton and Hampton on the 30th, all in preparation for the Brighton marathon in April. Have done London twice but gave up applying this year as can never get in now
London Marathon 2017 on 16:53 - Oct 12 with 3020 viewsEastR

London Marathon 2017 on 20:28 - Oct 11 by hamptonhillhoop

Did the windsor half the other week. That was a hilly bu**er! Doing the Thames half around Walton and Hampton on the 30th, all in preparation for the Brighton marathon in April. Have done London twice but gave up applying this year as can never get in now

Cheers for the recommendation on Fleet , Mytch. Just checked that date out but it clashes with a 21miler I had planned in Cranleigh.
Hampton, I'm doing the Walton one as well at the end of the month. Hoping for a flat course and a calm day.

London Marathon 2017 on 17:35 - Oct 12 with 2997 viewsE17hoop

North London half has been announced for next March. Ends at Wembley stadium so probably going to sign up for that one...it's on the Sunday after the Leeds away game.

London Marathon 2017 on 17:48 - Oct 12 with 2988 viewsEastR

London Marathon 2017 on 17:35 - Oct 12 by E17hoop

North London half has been announced for next March. Ends at Wembley stadium so probably going to sign up for that one...it's on the Sunday after the Leeds away game.

sorry you didn't get in on the ballot - if you're keen on running one in the spring Brighton is a good one - easy to get to and away from and really well supported along the route. If you fancy going a bit further afield some of the European ones are also easy to get into (Paris, Rotterdam)

London Marathon 2017 on 18:45 - Oct 12 with 2969 viewsMoonshineSteve

Thanks. Yeah, have put myself forward for the ballot for the remaining Brighton places, closing date next Friday.

London Marathon 2017 on 20:01 - Oct 12 with 2938 viewshamptonhillhoop

London Marathon 2017 on 16:53 - Oct 12 by EastR

Cheers for the recommendation on Fleet , Mytch. Just checked that date out but it clashes with a 21miler I had planned in Cranleigh.
Hampton, I'm doing the Walton one as well at the end of the month. Hoping for a flat course and a calm day.

Apparently the only hill is a two foot high footbridge! Ive done some training on the route and my only concern is it's quite narrow and i think there's about 2000 doing it
London Marathon 2017 on 09:51 - Oct 13 with 2864 viewsrunningman75

Had my usual rejection disappointed not to run in my own city. Thinking about Manchester as never been there, otherwise may consider going abroad.
London Marathon 2017 on 10:51 - Oct 13 with 2852 viewsEastR

London Marathon 2017 on 09:51 - Oct 13 by runningman75

Had my usual rejection disappointed not to run in my own city. Thinking about Manchester as never been there, otherwise may consider going abroad.

When I couldn’t get into London in 2015 I booked a place in Manchester, but subsequently got the opportunity to run in Brighton and decided to change.
That was the year that the Manchester course was discovered to have come up short and I know a couple of people who missed good for age qualifying times as a result. Turns out it had been 380m short for 3 years (2013-2015). Ironically, it was organised by some outfit called ‘Xtramile’

London Marathon 2017 on 11:45 - Oct 13 with 2834 viewsMytch_QPR

London Marathon 2017 on 10:51 - Oct 13 by EastR

When I couldn’t get into London in 2015 I booked a place in Manchester, but subsequently got the opportunity to run in Brighton and decided to change.
That was the year that the Manchester course was discovered to have come up short and I know a couple of people who missed good for age qualifying times as a result. Turns out it had been 380m short for 3 years (2013-2015). Ironically, it was organised by some outfit called ‘Xtramile’

Got my rejection as expected - not the end of the world as I am doing more trail running these days.

I'd recommend having a look at Edinburgh - it's a good flat course and takes you out along the coast by Leith - it makes for a good weekend, especially if you haven't visited the city before - only downside is the finish, being a fair way from the starting point and not too well served by buses / trains etc. The support along the route is good.

I'm considering having a bash at Reykjavik (August) - maybe I can stay at Heidar's place and share some herrings and vodka.

London Marathon 2017 on 12:16 - Oct 13 with 2820 viewshopphoops

London Marathon 2017 on 11:45 - Oct 13 by Mytch_QPR

Got my rejection as expected - not the end of the world as I am doing more trail running these days.

I'd recommend having a look at Edinburgh - it's a good flat course and takes you out along the coast by Leith - it makes for a good weekend, especially if you haven't visited the city before - only downside is the finish, being a fair way from the starting point and not too well served by buses / trains etc. The support along the route is good.

I'm considering having a bash at Reykjavik (August) - maybe I can stay at Heidar's place and share some herrings and vodka.

Bad news on the iceman front - he's no longer with the lovely Mrs Iceman so it'll be just him pickling the herrings for you

http://sedogheyrt.is/thau-skildu-godu/

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

London Marathon 2017 on 12:23 - Oct 13 with 2815 viewsMytch_QPR

London Marathon 2017 on 12:16 - Oct 13 by hopphoops

Bad news on the iceman front - he's no longer with the lovely Mrs Iceman so it'll be just him pickling the herrings for you

http://sedogheyrt.is/thau-skildu-godu/

I translated the link and got:

Football champion Heidar Helguson and fashion goddess Oak Gísladóttir are divorced after 17 years of marriage. Read interesting interview in the latest Eik like a magazine in which she describes how they honor failed to understand good.

So that's that, then. Oh well, the vodka's still good.

London Marathon 2017 on 15:51 - Oct 16 with 2733 viewsE17hoop

As an aside, I was given one of these and it's excellent
https://www.shop.qpr.co.uk/training/adult/2016-17-adult-training-top-14439.html
Mesh back, wicks well, badge looks good.

London Marathon 2017 on 16:55 - Apr 20 with 2234 viewsEastR

only a couple of days to go now - anyone running?

London Marathon 2017 on 17:00 - Apr 20 with 2226 viewsstowmarketrange

London Marathon 2017 on 16:55 - Apr 20 by EastR

only a couple of days to go now - anyone running?

I'm saving myself for the Great North Run in September.
After listening to some of the heartbreaking stories on 5live at 8pm last night I'll keep at it and see if I can do more runs after then.
Assuming I get round ok.

Good luck to anyone running on Sunday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024