Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays 14:16 - Oct 15 with 4101 viewssevenhoop

So I'm turning around, decided not to go to a wonderful afternoon's racing at ascot on the basis that he couldn't possibly play Henry. But no , he's obviously a much better player than Luongo or frankly anyone on the bench (including the terminally useless Caulker) . I'd rather have the sub keeper in the middle of midfield. I absolutely fcking despair
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 09:32 - Oct 16 with 1030 viewsRangersw12

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 07:22 - Oct 16 by DWQPR

That was a typo on my part I meant for Lynch to come off. So what I stated in my view is totally true. Hasselbaink last season was happy to play Kpakewa at left back and got rid because of 'attitude', but now Bidwell is injured wasn't prepared to play the Finnish kid there when he does look capable, instead throwing in a fourth centre back in defence.

He probably doesn't want to play the kid every week as if the poor kid makes a mistake our lovely fans will start having a go rather than actually supporting him
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 12:54 - Oct 16 with 941 viewsDiscodroids

Highlight of the week was Clogging up my washing machine with candle wax .

I thought to myself, Karl Henrys a lot like that Isnt he, clogging the u bend in perpetuity and refusing to melt and leave this place despite two dyno rod flushings in the past two close seasons. Just will not flush.

Im convinced he will remain at the club until the second coming of the victorian Best Oddity, John Merrick. i.e forever.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 10:20 - Oct 17 with 832 viewsfrancisbowles

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 09:32 - Oct 16 by Rangersw12

He probably doesn't want to play the kid every week as if the poor kid makes a mistake our lovely fans will start having a go rather than actually supporting him

Spot on, as it has already happened to him in his first game against Sunderland.

You can't just throw a kid into defence as the opposition will very quickly readjust and pressure him into making errors. They will target him mercilessly seeing him as a potential weak link.

Surely we understand that by now seeing how Furlong was exposed a couple of years ago and a promising career had a dent put in it. He may have carried that damage to his confidence for some time and may never reach the level he should have. I hope that is not the case and he gets over it, impresses at Swindon for the rest of the season and comes back to claim the rb slot next year.

Those with slightly longer memories may remember a young left back, Danny Murphy I think, after some great reviews at lower league loans, was thrown in and as he was an exceptionally small lad the opposition would put a six foot forward up against him and whack high balls up that side. He may never have made it as a left back anyway but teams did immediately go for him as the potential opening.
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 11:20 - Oct 17 with 794 viewsPinnerPaul

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 07:26 - Oct 16 by 18StoneOfHoop

Re the so-called left-back 'crisis' (C)GazetteSport

Is Jack Robinson a cursed write-off and the new Kieron Dyer or Richard Ord?

Thank God Bidwell will be fit by December.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 11:20]

Robinson is back in ft training, hoping to play some U21/23 matches and then will be ready for 1st team.

Bidwell back long before we reach halfway in this season and Lynch did OK on Saturday, oh and Perch can play l.b as well.

Crisis?
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 11:21 - Oct 17 with 793 viewsozexile

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 10:20 - Oct 17 by francisbowles

Spot on, as it has already happened to him in his first game against Sunderland.

You can't just throw a kid into defence as the opposition will very quickly readjust and pressure him into making errors. They will target him mercilessly seeing him as a potential weak link.

Surely we understand that by now seeing how Furlong was exposed a couple of years ago and a promising career had a dent put in it. He may have carried that damage to his confidence for some time and may never reach the level he should have. I hope that is not the case and he gets over it, impresses at Swindon for the rest of the season and comes back to claim the rb slot next year.

Those with slightly longer memories may remember a young left back, Danny Murphy I think, after some great reviews at lower league loans, was thrown in and as he was an exceptionally small lad the opposition would put a six foot forward up against him and whack high balls up that side. He may never have made it as a left back anyway but teams did immediately go for him as the potential opening.

I don't get this attitude towards Furlong. He was up against Sanchez and yes Sanchez got the better of him but he's one of the best players in the world. For me he should still be around the first team,. Definitely ahead of Perch.
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 12:34 - Oct 17 with 744 viewsfrancisbowles

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 11:21 - Oct 17 by ozexile

I don't get this attitude towards Furlong. He was up against Sanchez and yes Sanchez got the better of him but he's one of the best players in the world. For me he should still be around the first team,. Definitely ahead of Perch.

Started brightly, I think at Hull, then he came up against Sanchez where he was targeted 2nd half followed by that hammering at Palace! In my opinion it must have been a major set back to his confidence.

I don't know much about what is happening at Swindon but I haven't heard any glowing reports and the little I did see of him there and pre season he was 'average'.
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 12:49 - Oct 17 with 720 viewsR_from_afar

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 23:19 - Oct 15 by sevenhoop

Mate, I've had a season ticket for 50 years. I am completely and utterly broken by this negative shit and what has been served up for season after season. And the final straw is the consistent playing of Henry. I'm sorry as he tries but he is SO limited, and our whole tempo changes because he never gets to a player in time to make a tackle (enforced? Do me and fcking favour)cannot move the ball quickly unless it's backwards and to someone invariably in a worse position, slows the tempo and spends his time in his own defenders' pockets.

I've again spent serious money on tickets for me and family but I just can't bear to go. And I see so many fans saying the same or turning up game after game and hating it and spirit is. Ring sucked out of the club and fans. Is it too much to expect to be entertained?

"Mate, I've had a season ticket for 50 years. I am completely and utterly broken by this negative shit .." Initially, I thought you might mean the fans but now the light has dawned. It's the football.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 13:02 - Oct 17 with 696 viewsDando

Was obvious to me as soon as the lineup was announced, that we would struggle in central midfield. OK, Luongo maybe isn't fit, but if hes on the bench wouldn't it be better to start with, and bring Henry on later in the game?

Then taking off Shodipo for Washington? Shodipo wasn't have a great game, but no worse than anyone else. What was a like for like sub going to change? Something needed to be changed in the middle.

Also couldn't believe we played lynch at left back, when Perch should have fitted in there, kept Ned at right back where he has been doing ok?

All these poor decisions, and different lineups, positions messed about with every week are contributing to the slow, boring clueless football I have watched this season. Really hope that when Cousins, Luongo, Yeni etc are all fit, that we finally play a stronger side. Feels like I am saying the same thing every week, that is what is frustrating.
Login to get fewer ads

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 14:30 - Oct 17 with 622 viewsfrancisbowles

Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 13:02 - Oct 17 by Dando

Was obvious to me as soon as the lineup was announced, that we would struggle in central midfield. OK, Luongo maybe isn't fit, but if hes on the bench wouldn't it be better to start with, and bring Henry on later in the game?

Then taking off Shodipo for Washington? Shodipo wasn't have a great game, but no worse than anyone else. What was a like for like sub going to change? Something needed to be changed in the middle.

Also couldn't believe we played lynch at left back, when Perch should have fitted in there, kept Ned at right back where he has been doing ok?

All these poor decisions, and different lineups, positions messed about with every week are contributing to the slow, boring clueless football I have watched this season. Really hope that when Cousins, Luongo, Yeni etc are all fit, that we finally play a stronger side. Feels like I am saying the same thing every week, that is what is frustrating.

Whichever option of rb/lb he chose, from those he had available, would have been wrong. Lych did ok as lb and was probably better at Fulham whereas Hall and Caulker together was like a parting of the Red Sea. Constant criticism of Ned as rb on here. Fact is we struggle a bit at rb whoever plays there. Perch has done ok at lb but Lynch is left footed, so makes sense to play him on the left when the wide left midfield/attacking player is right footed.
Another afternoon wasted - Henry plays on 22:33 - Oct 18 with 535 viewssevenhoop

Simples...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024