Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Light Bulb Moment 19:53 - Oct 15 with 11421 viewsessextaxiboy

Does anyone who goes to games enjoy it anymore ? .

I am not talking about the craic before and after but actually look forward to the game .

Watching those players on the pitch a halftime made me realise that I havn,t really got a buzz from being there since the days of Ollie and his team .

Sure there have been glimpses of what we had , the odd match, the great goal , and a crackling LR but it soon goes again .

It feels to me that he since Paldini walked in the club is suffering a slow drawn out death . Owners Managers and Players come and go , but the trend seems the same.

I see my boys at games ,just as my Dad used to meet me but increasingly thats the only reason that I can see me carrying on .
Light Bulb Moment on 20:10 - Oct 15 with 8035 viewsBAWHoops

Like you said, been like that since Paladini.

This is what Les is trying to bring back. It won't be easy and will take a while. remember we were stuck in L1 for 3 seasons and 1.5 of them were pretty poor.

Patience is key, but my word the fans patience is being tested atm.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Light Bulb Moment on 20:16 - Oct 15 with 7986 viewssexton

I loved the Warnock/Adel promotion season more than any since the Ferdinand/Wilkins years.

But yes, it is a bit flat these days.
Light Bulb Moment on 20:24 - Oct 15 with 7955 viewsNortholt_Rs

You didn't get a buzz from the Warnock/Taraabt season? I had some the greatest away days ever with that team. Cardiff away anybody?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Light Bulb Moment on 20:29 - Oct 15 with 7942 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR even at their very worst, which isn't now, is better than walking round IKEA with the missus then settling in to watch Strictly Come Dancing and You've Been Framed.

Chin up and grit your teeth.
Light Bulb Moment on 20:34 - Oct 15 with 7910 viewspaulparker

I'm with you Essex , and I think 14000 others are to , the atmosphere is shocking even after scoring a wonder goal no one could be bothered
I've been to 4 home games this year and all have been dire , the football is sh1t and defensive I go hoping we can at least scrap a draw
This used to be fun

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Light Bulb Moment on 20:35 - Oct 15 with 7904 viewsessextaxiboy

Light Bulb Moment on 20:29 - Oct 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

QPR even at their very worst, which isn't now, is better than walking round IKEA with the missus then settling in to watch Strictly Come Dancing and You've Been Framed.

Chin up and grit your teeth.

Its not the results or even the performances .

Its just not feeling part of it or that it matters as it used to .
Light Bulb Moment on 20:45 - Oct 15 with 7861 viewsStanisgod

I feel the same, it's a chore now and even more so now I come on my own, maybe its my age.
Saw all those ex players on the pitch at half time and thought its a dead cert no-one in todays team will be coming out in 20 years time.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Light Bulb Moment on 20:47 - Oct 15 with 7841 viewspaulparker

Light Bulb Moment on 20:35 - Oct 15 by essextaxiboy

There is nothing to sing about and nothing to be a part of that's the problem mate
We look good for about 20 minutes and then we go into hiding , the crowd isn't going to get behind this style of football , from my view in the ER there was tons of empty seats in the SA road
Lose against Bristol city and the crowd will turn

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Light Bulb Moment on 20:57 - Oct 15 with 7808 viewsqpr85

You are talking out of your arse, yes the ollie days were great but so were the times with Warnock it's been bad since he left.

Even Ian dowie, Jim Magilton and John Gregory were better than Hughes and Redknapp. I loved the times we have had but you need to get your head out your arse's if you think football was only good under ollie.

We are building something here which forgive me for saying reminds me of the dross and crap we had to endure under ollie when her first arrived but things changed when we realised that something was changing and we had players playing for the shirt.

We will get there again but it's going to take time. A draw against reading is not the end of the world I remember when we couldn't buy a result against the fakes. So please keep calm and carry on.
Light Bulb Moment on 20:59 - Oct 15 with 7792 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Light Bulb Moment on 20:57 - Oct 15 by qpr85

You are talking out of your arse, yes the ollie days were great but so were the times with Warnock it's been bad since he left.

Even Ian dowie, Jim Magilton and John Gregory were better than Hughes and Redknapp. I loved the times we have had but you need to get your head out your arse's if you think football was only good under ollie.

We are building something here which forgive me for saying reminds me of the dross and crap we had to endure under ollie when her first arrived but things changed when we realised that something was changing and we had players playing for the shirt.

We will get there again but it's going to take time. A draw against reading is not the end of the world I remember when we couldn't buy a result against the fakes. So please keep calm and carry on.

This is refreshing.
Light Bulb Moment on 21:10 - Oct 15 with 7769 viewsessextaxiboy

Light Bulb Moment on 20:57 - Oct 15 by qpr85

Its nothing to do with resuĺts , its the sense of belonging to something that has gone .
Posters on the bog wall of players who have been here 3 months telling me to make some noise in a ground I have been coming to since before the fcker was born was a new low .
Light Bulb Moment on 21:11 - Oct 15 with 7756 viewskensalriser

Funny that the Holloway era is regarded as halcyon days now. I remember plenty of ire thrown in his direction, much of it to do with his insistence on repeatedly playing two cloggers in central midfield. And lest we forget, we struggled in the first season in the third tier, screwed up the play-off final in the second and just about scraped going up on the last day in the third.

I've followed QPR for forty years plus and I'd say we've had no more than 10 really good/enjoyable seasons in that time. That's how it is when you don't support one of the big clubs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Light Bulb Moment on 21:41 - Oct 15 with 7673 viewsHollowayRanger

we aint got any special players now no QPR boys no old heroes

we use to sing players names loads of players cook ainsworth Rowlands bircham furlong rose gallen shittu gino all had songs

now all we got is a big fcuking german!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Light Bulb Moment on 21:42 - Oct 15 with 7670 viewsTrom

Light Bulb Moment on 21:11 - Oct 15 by kensalriser

Funny that the Holloway era is regarded as halcyon days now. I remember plenty of ire thrown in his direction, much of it to do with his insistence on repeatedly playing two cloggers in central midfield. And lest we forget, we struggled in the first season in the third tier, screwed up the play-off final in the second and just about scraped going up on the last day in the third.

I've followed QPR for forty years plus and I'd say we've had no more than 10 really good/enjoyable seasons in that time. That's how it is when you don't support one of the big clubs.

Yes agreed - I had a few games where I knew we were stuffed before a ball had been kicked under Holloway. Any time you looked at the starting 11 and Matty Rose was in midfield for example.

Didn't think today was that bad - we lost our way in the second half true but first half was encouraging. Personally I think we have the makings of a reasonable team. I would like a bit more positivity in home games mind.

Midfield remains an issue - but with Massimo flying half way around the world mid week I'm not sure there was a lot of creativity left on the bench.
Light Bulb Moment on 21:44 - Oct 15 with 7657 viewsThe_Mole

Essex - I totally get where you are coming from; it's almost as if the club has lost it's soul.

I finished work today at 14:00 and thought about going to the game then saw the team and opted for Wickes and Homebase instead! Sounds like I made the right choice 🙈

The issue for me is that JFH doesn't inspire me, he always appears monotone in interviews and one dimensional from the dugout, so how an earth does he motivate the players?!

I think some wholesale changes are needed soon before the club looses it's complete identity
Light Bulb Moment on 21:52 - Oct 15 with 7622 viewsqpr85

Light Bulb Moment on 21:10 - Oct 15 by essextaxiboy

Its nothing to do with resuĺts , its the sense of belonging to something that has gone .
Posters on the bog wall of players who have been here 3 months telling me to make some noise in a ground I have been coming to since before the fcker was born was a new low .

To be fair though mate this was always going to happen as we get older but to have a pop at the club for trying to get the crowd going is nonsense

That is the biggest problem at the moment in the days we are talking about Loftus Road seemed to always be rocking but now as people say it's a chore going down the loft.
Is this down to corporate fun?? Is it down to poor tactics from the manager?? Is it down to the so called family stand in the lower loft?? Is it down to a few years of players and managers taking the p155 out of our club or all of the above?

The fact is for some reason quite a lot of our fans belive we have some devote reason to be in the premier league even though in the last 20 years we've only been there for 4 bloody years!! I have grown up got married and had 2 kids in the time since we were last in the premier league (obviously I mean from 96-2011) why are we intent on thinking we are this massive sleeping giant?

I love qpr because we are a family club with a nice history that sometimes plays good football but always have been a club for the working class. Now we find ourselves believing we should be playing with the big boys, why?? Because we had owners that had a bit of money and pipe dreams of being a boutique club.

I'm sorry, but it's time for a reality cheque let's not support our team because we play like real Madrid (because we never have) let's support our team because this is OUR team and they play in our beloved blue and white hoops shirts.
Light Bulb Moment on 21:55 - Oct 15 with 7612 viewsessextaxiboy

Light Bulb Moment on 21:41 - Oct 15 by HollowayRanger

we aint got any special players now no QPR boys no old heroes

we use to sing players names loads of players cook ainsworth Rowlands bircham furlong rose gallen shittu gino all had songs

now all we got is a big fcuking german!

There is a story behind all of those players maybe Rose excepted that made them one of us and us one of them..IMO
Light Bulb Moment on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 7596 viewschris1969

Some of the football under Warnock was boring and he built that team to defend first and keep clean sheets. JFH is doing the same but the big difference is we are lacking a superstar who changed games that season.

This is our level now and we need patience, we need some luck with a decent loan from the Premier league.
Light Bulb Moment on 22:06 - Oct 15 with 7568 viewsqpr85

Light Bulb Moment on 21:55 - Oct 15 by essextaxiboy

There is a story behind all of those players maybe Rose excepted that made them one of us and us one of them..IMO

This is what I meant by a club for the working class maybe relatable players rather than a working class would have been better suited for my argument
Light Bulb Moment on 22:40 - Oct 15 with 7451 viewsthame_hoops

This is how I and many of us feel, sums it up perfectly ;

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 22:42]
Light Bulb Moment on 23:12 - Oct 15 with 7383 viewsShotKneesHoop

Light Bulb Moment on 20:35 - Oct 15 by essextaxiboy

In a nutshell.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Light Bulb Moment on 23:37 - Oct 15 with 7320 viewsNortholt_Rs

Light Bulb Moment on 20:47 - Oct 15 by paulparker

There is nothing to sing about and nothing to be a part of that's the problem mate
We look good for about 20 minutes and then we go into hiding , the crowd isn't going to get behind this style of football , from my view in the ER there was tons of empty seats in the SA road
Lose against Bristol city and the crowd will turn

Loads of empty seats round me in SAR today and many ar ST seats. If JFH continues we'll be playing in front of 7,000 before long.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Light Bulb Moment on 00:04 - Oct 16 with 7269 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yet all of you take the time to go online and vent your spleen about it.

I don't think some of you are as out of love as you think you are.
Light Bulb Moment on 02:15 - Oct 16 with 7141 viewsWindsorHoopMan

I actually had the exact same feeling today. This is my 31st season and nowadays I go up on my own from windsor, just for a bit of escape and enjoyment away from the wife and kids, have a couple of pints, kebab, bit of a bet and generally have a good afternoon. Today I actually came away thinking I don't actually enjoy this anymore and the best thing again was the Lebanese bakery. The atmosphere is dead and has been for a number of years and the whole place just seems to have lost its mojo. The main thing is for me is that I don't have any connection or feeling towards any of the players and I don't think they have with us. Over the years we have been very lucky that many of our players have a real connection with the club and we I turn feel that we have a connection with them, but sadly this has not been the case for a few seasons now.
Light Bulb Moment on 06:24 - Oct 16 with 7071 viewsjonno

Light Bulb Moment on 02:15 - Oct 16 by WindsorHoopMan

I actually had the exact same feeling today. This is my 31st season and nowadays I go up on my own from windsor, just for a bit of escape and enjoyment away from the wife and kids, have a couple of pints, kebab, bit of a bet and generally have a good afternoon. Today I actually came away thinking I don't actually enjoy this anymore and the best thing again was the Lebanese bakery. The atmosphere is dead and has been for a number of years and the whole place just seems to have lost its mojo. The main thing is for me is that I don't have any connection or feeling towards any of the players and I don't think they have with us. Over the years we have been very lucky that many of our players have a real connection with the club and we I turn feel that we have a connection with them, but sadly this has not been the case for a few seasons now.

Agree. But I don't think it's Rangers, it's football in general which has been ruined by Sky, money etc. When I read articles which state that we are "only" now paying players £12k per week, and will not pay more than £20k, you can see why the disconnect is there between players and supporters.
"Only" £12k per week? Think about that for a minute, and compare it with your own salary and the average wage. And this for bang average footballers in the second tier of the game. Then think of the exorbitant cost of going to the game nowadays (when you can actually get there, and it hasn't been changed to some godawful time). Then you have the Club, and it's players, urging you to "make some noise" to somehow improve the way these blokes play - on the money they are earning they should not need any encouragement to put in a great performance every week. I have been supporting Rangers since the mid sixties, most years as a ST holder. For some time I had stopped really enjoying the football, not to mention the horrendous journey in driving to games, but continued out of a sense of loyalty to the Club. This summer I moved to Cyprus. I have to say I am not missing it one bit, I never thought I would.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024