Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... 23:42 - Oct 17 with 7137 viewsHadders

I recently started a small business giving guided walks around Bloomsbury, and today took a Dutch family round - a 30-something couple with two boys, aged 9 and 13. The bloke mentioned that he loved football and really wanted to go to an English game - "Not Arsenal or Spurs, somewhere with a real atmosphere". So I lied, and I am taking the whole family tomorrow night; he`s had to fork out £82 for the "cheap" seats in R block. He has a season ticket for his local team, PEC Zwolle, who it turns out are bottom of the Eredivisie (their Prem) and play in blue and white hoops, so he should feel at home. Anyone on here ever seen them? Apparently, they beat Ajax to win the Dutch cup quite recently, their all-time highlight.

They are lovely people who have never been to London before and I REALLY want us to win so they get a good, memorable experience rather than just a load of angry men swearing.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 21:24]
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 23:58 - Oct 17 with 4962 viewsBoston

Oh Hadders, you've just put four undercover Bristol City right in the middle of us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 00:29 - Oct 18 with 4928 viewsFredManRave

Expect a hit to your Travel Advisor rating some time on Wednesday...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 08:37 - Oct 18 with 4781 viewshopphoops

So long as you remember that of all the nations it is the Dutch who have most issues with legroom, and refrain from asking Mr if Mrs has been known to Zwolle, nothing can go wrong.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 08:52 - Oct 18 with 4760 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I love St George's Bloomsbury and It's old burial ground.

The bloke by the church does a nice coffee.

Hope they enjoy the match.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 09:15 - Oct 18 with 4725 viewsaston_hoop

Never been to Zwolle but I was watching some Dutch league football on TV with a Dutch colleague of mine when an article came on about the new Satdium that Heracles Almelo of the Dutch top division play in. They based the new ground on Loftus Road!! They wanted an intimidating atmosphere close to the pitch. Ask him if they have been.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 09:24 - Oct 18 with 4706 viewsDWQPR

Are these two part of the family of FC Zwolle supporters that you are taking tonight Hadders?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 09:28 - Oct 18 with 4697 viewsHunterhoop

Brave man! Just hope for you, Hadders, that the atmosphere is half decent and we win, even if it's not total football!

If he supports the bottom placed team in the Dutch league he'll be a realist so shouldn't be expecting too much!

As well as that great but of knowledge about their stadium being based on LR, you can obviously talk about us having a Dutch coach and one of our best players being Dutch.
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:08 - Oct 18 with 4634 viewsmacclesfieldman

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 09:28 - Oct 18 by Hunterhoop

Brave man! Just hope for you, Hadders, that the atmosphere is half decent and we win, even if it's not total football!

If he supports the bottom placed team in the Dutch league he'll be a realist so shouldn't be expecting too much!

As well as that great but of knowledge about their stadium being based on LR, you can obviously talk about us having a Dutch coach and one of our best players being Dutch.

I lived in Antwerp for 10 yrs which is 20 mins from the Dutch border and went to see Breda a few times in their top division. It's great watching football in Holland, everyone cycles to the ground, beer is allowed in the stand and a ST is less than £100, for this they see their club play Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. Same prices in Belgium for Anderlecht.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Login to get fewer ads

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:42 - Oct 18 with 4598 viewsKonk

I watch one or two Eredivisie games every year, and the quality is pretty poor in my experience, so the average championship game shouldn’t be too traumatic for them. PEC beat my Dutch side, NEC, in the semis when they won the cup in 2014 — gutted, but chuffed to see them beat Ajax in the final.

PEC’s tribute to the Wealdstone Raider:

Macc — agree about the Dutch games — it’s nice cycling to/from a game, but the continued failure to sort out hooliganism means that for most away games, you have to travel on an official coach with no chance to stop off or have a few drinks in town before a game, which is a real shame.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:53 - Oct 18 with 4571 viewsingeminate

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:42 - Oct 18 by Konk

I watch one or two Eredivisie games every year, and the quality is pretty poor in my experience, so the average championship game shouldn’t be too traumatic for them. PEC beat my Dutch side, NEC, in the semis when they won the cup in 2014 — gutted, but chuffed to see them beat Ajax in the final.

PEC’s tribute to the Wealdstone Raider:

Macc — agree about the Dutch games — it’s nice cycling to/from a game, but the continued failure to sort out hooliganism means that for most away games, you have to travel on an official coach with no chance to stop off or have a few drinks in town before a game, which is a real shame.

i took a couple of Dutch work colleagues to QPR Chelsea a few seasons ago in the R Block and they absolutely loved the atmosphere - they travel all over Europe going to random games, but always aiming fr local derbies and they said it was one of the best they have been too. And we didn't even score. A rocking Loftus Road takes some beating.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:58 - Oct 18 with 4566 viewsMrSheen

Please assure them that if someone shouts "F*** off out of our club, you useless Dutch C***", it doesn't refer to them.
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 13:57 - Oct 18 with 4459 viewsBrightonhoop

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 09:24 - Oct 18 by DWQPR

Are these two part of the family of FC Zwolle supporters that you are taking tonight Hadders?

Wot a lovely pair.
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 14:34 - Oct 18 with 4418 viewsFredManRave

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 09:28 - Oct 18 by Hunterhoop

Not forgetting the other obvious link between Dutch football and Rangers. Schteve McClaren.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 16:52 - Oct 18 with 4344 viewsDorse

They were really annoyed when the permanent marker wouldn't wash off.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 18:07 - Oct 18 with 4277 viewsBoston

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 16:52 - Oct 18 by Dorse

They were really annoyed when the permanent marker wouldn't wash off.

I actually work with water colours, a combination of hands, fingers and the occasional brush. Very reasonable prices for the under 30's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 23:54 - Oct 18 with 4153 viewsHadders

Amazed and gratified to see so many replies to what could seem such a nothing post. This is why I love this site.

I was SO relieved that we played quite well and WON; the atmosphere in the second half was great. The guy loved everything about the match and we are now his English club. Regarding the quality of the Dutch league, he reckoned that our team would probably be mid-table in their top division - mentioned that obviously there is so much less money in their game and that they have a lot of very young players: "It was nice to see some men on the pitch".
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 0:03]
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 08:07 - Oct 19 with 3985 viewsthame_hoops

Not for me....the hoops don't go all the way around
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 08:15 - Oct 19 with 3960 viewsPunteR

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 23:54 - Oct 18 by Hadders

Amazed and gratified to see so many replies to what could seem such a nothing post. This is why I love this site.

I was SO relieved that we played quite well and WON; the atmosphere in the second half was great. The guy loved everything about the match and we are now his English club. Regarding the quality of the Dutch league, he reckoned that our team would probably be mid-table in their top division - mentioned that obviously there is so much less money in their game and that they have a lot of very young players: "It was nice to see some men on the pitch".

Top work Hadders..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:49 - Oct 19 with 3814 viewsKonk

Glad your Dutch friends enjoyed the game, but they'll be devastated when they read the papers this morning and realise they missed out on a topsy-turvy, 4 goal thriller with 2 pens, a farcical performance from the officials and a clapper-tastic raucous atmosphere as Fulham fought back from 2-0 down at London's most traditional and beautiful ground. Well, maybe not that gutted.

PS. Good luck with the business venture - I've done a few tours on my travels and if you get someone interesting and fun, it can be a real highlight of a trip. We did a day trip with a bloke in Cape Town and I was so gutted at the thought of never seeing him again, that when he dropped us off in the evening I honestly felt like crying. I miss you, Rob.

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 12:39 - Oct 19 with 3700 viewsJuzzie

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 10:49 - Oct 19 by Konk

Glad your Dutch friends enjoyed the game, but they'll be devastated when they read the papers this morning and realise they missed out on a topsy-turvy, 4 goal thriller with 2 pens, a farcical performance from the officials and a clapper-tastic raucous atmosphere as Fulham fought back from 2-0 down at London's most traditional and beautiful ground. Well, maybe not that gutted.

PS. Good luck with the business venture - I've done a few tours on my travels and if you get someone interesting and fun, it can be a real highlight of a trip. We did a day trip with a bloke in Cape Town and I was so gutted at the thought of never seeing him again, that when he dropped us off in the evening I honestly felt like crying. I miss you, Rob.

Were the pens missed??!
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 12:57 - Oct 19 with 3653 viewsKonk

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 12:39 - Oct 19 by Juzzie

Were the pens missed??!

No - they were Norwich's, so obviously went in without any trouble. Bast ard pens. First one was fair enough, second one was a shi t decision. Made the comeback sweeter, though.

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 13:48 - Oct 19 with 3583 viewsJuzzie

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 12:57 - Oct 19 by Konk

No - they were Norwich's, so obviously went in without any trouble. Bast ard pens. First one was fair enough, second one was a shi t decision. Made the comeback sweeter, though.

Yeah, hate it when sh it decisons are given. I mean, if a player ducks down how can a pen be given when the defender goes for the ball!!

Don't like Norwich so glad you got the comeback.
My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 13:57 - Oct 19 with 3550 viewsKonk

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 13:48 - Oct 19 by Juzzie

Yeah, hate it when sh it decisons are given. I mean, if a player ducks down how can a pen be given when the defender goes for the ball!!

The karma side of things wasn't lost on me...
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 13:58]

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 14:19 - Oct 19 with 3499 viewsLongsufferingR

We're not here to read about your friends, we're here to look at the pictures DW uploaded.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:12 - Oct 19 with 3429 viewsBrightonhoop

My Dutch Guests from Zwolle... on 13:48 - Oct 19 by Juzzie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024