Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
clapping 21:23 - Oct 20 with 1252 viewsozranger

Lots of kudos to all.

I know it is normal here but to hear the applause given Gary when he came up to take corners, on both sides in the first half was great from the QPR fans. Similarly when he was mentioned in the lineups.

Also, not seen anything written here yet on the following. In the second half many were giving applause in appreciation to Perch for his work each time when he came up near half-way in the second half for goal-kicks. Given all the boos of recent times it was a change to see the fans recognising and affording praise for someone who was putting in their all.
clapping on 16:42 - Oct 21 with 1076 viewsrunningman75

I was sitting in Ellerslie Road and at one point Perch was a right winger rather than a right back and connected with a cross. He was suddenly this decent player we got from Wigan.
clapping on 16:49 - Oct 21 with 1059 viewsRBlock

clapping on 16:42 - Oct 21 by runningman75

I was sitting in Ellerslie Road and at one point Perch was a right winger rather than a right back and connected with a cross. He was suddenly this decent player we got from Wigan.

I thougt Perch had a really good game also. Got up that right hand side really well, offered Chery the overlap when he looked to cut in.
clapping on 16:56 - Oct 21 with 1043 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

clapping on 17:34 - Oct 21 with 1002 viewsDannyPaddox

In a decade of many zeros for the Rs (barton, candleface, bosingwa etc etc etc), Gary O'Neil is an unsung hero. The card he took for the team at Wembley is made all the more impressive when you consider in hundreds of appearances that was the first time he'd ever been sent off. I think he got the taste for it after that but I'm still in awe of the selfless split decision he made when he made that goal-saving tackle .. sorry, foul.

No Gary O'Neil, no "Ooh Bobby Zamora"
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 17:41]
clapping on 17:53 - Oct 21 with 986 viewsJuzzie

clapping on 17:34 - Oct 21 by DannyPaddox

In a decade of many zeros for the Rs (barton, candleface, bosingwa etc etc etc), Gary O'Neil is an unsung hero. The card he took for the team at Wembley is made all the more impressive when you consider in hundreds of appearances that was the first time he'd ever been sent off. I think he got the taste for it after that but I'm still in awe of the selfless split decision he made when he made that goal-saving tackle .. sorry, foul.

No Gary O'Neil, no "Ooh Bobby Zamora"
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 17:41]

Derby fans reckon what he did was cheating. Now I'm the most vocal when it comes to cheats & divers but trying to be objective here, is it cheating?

Cheating usually involves getting away with something. He and the team went a man down so didn't quite get away with it. The fact Derby couldn't capitalise... is that our fault or theirs, the fact we came out on top in the end, does that still then constitute as cheating?

How would we feel if the situation was reversed?
clapping on 18:04 - Oct 21 with 963 viewsBrianMcCarthy

clapping on 17:53 - Oct 21 by Juzzie

Derby fans reckon what he did was cheating. Now I'm the most vocal when it comes to cheats & divers but trying to be objective here, is it cheating?

Cheating usually involves getting away with something. He and the team went a man down so didn't quite get away with it. The fact Derby couldn't capitalise... is that our fault or theirs, the fact we came out on top in the end, does that still then constitute as cheating?

How would we feel if the situation was reversed?

How would we feel? Good question....

I'm pretty sure that I'd accept it as something that had to be done even if it was against Rangers. If it was violent I'd think differently, without a doubt.

Not trying to explain it away, but I'm sure that's how I'd feel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

clapping on 18:12 - Oct 21 with 955 viewsLunarJetman

Whether you call it cheating or not, he and the team were penalised at the time with his sending off. The fact that Derby failed to do anything with their numerical advantage is surely a bigger question Derby fans should answer if they're going to still be upset by the sending off now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024