Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you're all going to Wednesday... 22:58 - Oct 20 with 8745 viewsFredManRave

Stay silent for two minutes just prior to kick-off!

Well at least that's what's being asked;

Fans urged to pay tribute to late Thai king before Sheffield Wednesday's clash with QPR

Sheffield Wednesday fans are being urged to pay their respects to the late king of Thailand before their EFL Championship game with QPR. The king of Thailand, aged 88, was the longest reigning monarch in the world, with 70 years on the throne.

A club spokesman said: "Sheffield Wednesday, in a show of unity and reverence for our chairman Dejphon Chansiri and the people of Thailand, will mark the recent passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej at Saturday’s home game against Queens Park Rangers. "Just prior to kick-off, supporters will be asked to stand in silence and pay their respects whilst the royal anthem of Thailand - Sansoen Phra Barami - is played on the big screen, which will also display images of King Bhumibol Adulyadej. "Our sympathies remain with Mr Chansiri, his family and friends, and everyone in Thailand at this extremely difficult time." As they did at Huddersfield last Sunday, the Wednesday players will wear black armbands for the fixture, while the flags at Hillsborough will fly at half-mast for the remainder of a 30-day mourning period since the king’s passing.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/fans-urged-to-pay-tribute-to-late-thai-king-before

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 23:07 - Oct 20 with 7181 viewsLblock

Are they Thai-king the piss or what?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 00:01 - Oct 21 with 7137 viewsBrightonhoop

Fck that bollx.Saw a call to mark a loyal fan on 69 mins this week. Do that instead.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 03:18 - Oct 21 with 7089 views18StoneOfHoop

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 00:01 - Oct 21 by Brightonhoop

Fck that bollx.Saw a call to mark a loyal fan on 69 mins this week. Do that instead.

Take time off from the barricades for once in your life Comrade Brightonhoop and have a little bit of respect for this old pretty peaceful relatively monarch..

On November 14th 1981 I was turned 16 years old and having travelled up on the coach with Daphne in charge of us all, I was on the Lepping Lanes terrace with 300/400 R's fans amongst a crowd of 17,024 to witness Simon Stainrod's remarkable hat-trick in a stonking 3-1 demolition of the team who were destined to finish 4th,a place above us.

One slight discordant note on this awesome R's away day was I heard a song I'd never heard sung before - and remember to put it into context; there had been the Brixton riots in the summer and Ghost Town at no.1 for many weeks.
Bleak heavy days:

"You put your right arm in,you put your right arm out.. zeig heil! zeig heil! Naggers Out!"

- sung by only about a mere 10/15 members of F Troop including a tall skinny bloke with a tash and a pony tail,who still goes to LR now and attends supporters meetings,but I'm certain holds more enlightened,tolerant opinions now.
He's a good bloke actually."Let he without sin cast the first stone" and we all do things we regret when teenagers.
Burridge,Fenwick,Gillard,Waddock,Roeder,Howe(!),Micklewhite,Gregory,Flanagan
Allen,Stainrod that season scoring a career best 24 goals

Amazing Super Skillfull strolling Simon Stainrod ! Hope he's inducted to Gillie's cub soon.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sport-football-fa-cup-final-at-wembley-pic-2
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/john-wile-of-west-bromwich-albion-tackled-by

Born in Sheffield 1st February 1959.
Joined R's from Oldham for 270,000 Nov 1980.
Made in all competitions 175 appearances scoring 62 goals.
Left for Owls 250,000 in Feb 1985. Now works as a football agent
Hatem Ben-Arfa's adviser in 2013.

Here's an extensive tribute to Simon's QPR career by Jack Morgan AKUTR's:
http://akutrs.moonfruit.com/simon-stainrod/4584356977
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 3:39]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 07:38 - Oct 21 with 6998 viewsizlingtonhoop

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 23:07 - Oct 20 by Lblock

Are they Thai-king the piss or what?

They must be. CoSiam not gonna be acknowledging it...
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 09:42 - Oct 21 with 6851 viewsWatford_Ranger

If they're charging me £33 to watch Championship football I reserve the right to scream "fk Thailand" for two minutes if I so choose.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:02 - Oct 21 with 6813 viewsBrightonhoop

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 03:18 - Oct 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

Take time off from the barricades for once in your life Comrade Brightonhoop and have a little bit of respect for this old pretty peaceful relatively monarch..

On November 14th 1981 I was turned 16 years old and having travelled up on the coach with Daphne in charge of us all, I was on the Lepping Lanes terrace with 300/400 R's fans amongst a crowd of 17,024 to witness Simon Stainrod's remarkable hat-trick in a stonking 3-1 demolition of the team who were destined to finish 4th,a place above us.

One slight discordant note on this awesome R's away day was I heard a song I'd never heard sung before - and remember to put it into context; there had been the Brixton riots in the summer and Ghost Town at no.1 for many weeks.
Bleak heavy days:

"You put your right arm in,you put your right arm out.. zeig heil! zeig heil! Naggers Out!"

- sung by only about a mere 10/15 members of F Troop including a tall skinny bloke with a tash and a pony tail,who still goes to LR now and attends supporters meetings,but I'm certain holds more enlightened,tolerant opinions now.
He's a good bloke actually."Let he without sin cast the first stone" and we all do things we regret when teenagers.

Amazing Super Skillfull strolling Simon Stainrod ! Hope he's inducted to Gillie's cub soon.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sport-football-fa-cup-final-at-wembley-pic-2
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/john-wile-of-west-bromwich-albion-tackled-by

Only if they have 2 mins silence for my mate Normans hamster which sadly succumbed to a tumor last weekend...
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:20 - Oct 21 with 6775 viewsBoston

Give the old boy his due, he sure knew what the British public wanted, football, long haul holidays and cheap prostitutes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:20 - Oct 21 with 6774 viewsNorthernr

Nah you're alright.

Football in this country. FFS.
Login to get fewer ads

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:33 - Oct 21 with 6735 viewsJuzzie

I think it would be better if during the game we shouted regular updates of the Bristol City score.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:35 - Oct 21 with 6724 viewsStanisgod

Did they not put the Bristol City score up in the promotion game? What goes round comes round , if it was a player ok , but f#ck em

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:52 - Oct 21 with 6694 viewsFredManRave

So the general consensus would appear to be Phuket.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 11:15 - Oct 21 with 6665 viewsenfieldargh

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:52 - Oct 21 by FredManRave

So the general consensus would appear to be Phuket.

Hopefully our lot will observe the silence.

1. Shows class on our part

2. Thai Air Asia (Air Asia) is Thailand's largest air line employing 100's of ground and aircrew servicing a host of Thai Cities, And as we all know Air Asia is our chairman's company.

3. Thai media will pick up on any disrespectful actions towards the deceased King. The BBC are already being blacked out due to derogatory remarks belittling the Thai people during the initial out pouring of sadness .

4. There are QPR fans living in Thailand, its not good for them

5. I have personally furnished a school in rural Thailand with QPR football kits for the kids football team, albeit several years ago but there is a generation of young Thai kids in Chayapoom who know the Kevin Gallen song

6. Im in Bangkok week after next where I normally wear QPR branded clothing on occasions
(to give you some idea of how the situation is regarded at present, tourists have been recommended to wear Black or White as a mark of respect and I do not intend to buy a Notts County shirt or Grimsby for that matter)

So when you hear this, stand in silence, not for Sheffield Wednesday but for all people suffering. Remember you are in the Leppings Lane end

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 11:55 - Oct 21 with 6603 viewstoboboly

Sorry but it isnt in any way shape or form football or socially relevant so a big no from me.

Edit: Leicester aren't asking for a minutes silence http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/lcfc-plan-further-tributes-to-king-of-t
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 12:02]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 12:26 - Oct 21 with 6546 viewsR_from_afar

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:33 - Oct 21 by Juzzie

I think it would be better if during the game we shouted regular updates of the Bristol City score.

If I were going to the game, I would observe the silence, it's no hardship, but I am glad you mention those updates because that was utterly unacceptable and nearly caused a riot. I still can't believe they did it, it was a nasty thing to do and backfired on them.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 12:29 - Oct 21 with 6533 viewsDaiHo0p

Fcking arse licking, sycophants.

The king who lets the army run his country..
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 12:42 - Oct 21 with 6512 viewsOakR

Hope the club are reading this. The sing more posters have been met with rightful disdain, however now they know all the need to do is tell people not to sing or make any noise during matches at LR to honour *insert different person for each half each match* to ensure 90 minutes non stop singing and noise, inspiring the team and leading us to the league summit.

Poll: Will we stay up?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 16:38 - Oct 21 with 6350 viewsTW_R

What a load of bollocks. I doubt whether we'd be having a minutes silence at these matches 10 days after our own Monarch had died.

Here's a list of countries that are currently represented as owners or co-owners of English clubs. Are we going to have these silences every time some president/monarch dies from this lot:-

Russia
USA
Iran
Egypt
UAE
China
Switzerland
Italy
Iceland
Hong Kong
India
Malaysia
Bahrain
Kuwait
Belgium
Finland
Saudi Arabia
ROI
Jordan

That's quite a list.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 16:46 - Oct 21 with 6325 viewsJuzzie

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:20 - Oct 21 by Boston

Give the old boy his due, he sure knew what the British public wanted, football, long haul holidays and cheap prostitutes.

I spent a week there (Bangkok then Chang Mai) in 2000 and got the distinct feeling that foreigners were not welcome.

Tolerated because we were spending our money but if they had the choice would prefer it if we weren't there.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 17:20 - Oct 21 with 6285 viewsNorthernr

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 16:46 - Oct 21 by Juzzie

I spent a week there (Bangkok then Chang Mai) in 2000 and got the distinct feeling that foreigners were not welcome.

Tolerated because we were spending our money but if they had the choice would prefer it if we weren't there.

I went to Waitrose in Whetstone this afternoon and got the same feeling.

This post has been edited by an administrator
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 20:02 - Oct 21 with 6111 viewsNoDiddley

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:33 - Oct 21 by Juzzie

With Dave Thomas of AKUTR;S still trying to get in....feckers
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 21:25 - Oct 21 with 6020 viewskensalriser

Nice argument enfield...but bollocks to it. Two minutes silence should be for armistice day, nationally significant deaths and just possibly, football related deaths, preferably connected with the home club.

If we start with observing it for random foreign monarchs it detracts from the gravity that observance deserves.

I also don't like the language about reverence for the SW chairman. What's he done to deserve the reverence of Owls fans, never mind whoever they happen to be playing?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 21:40 - Oct 21 with 6007 viewsgobbles

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 03:18 - Oct 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

Bleak heavy days:

I was there for Stainrod's hat-trick, I remember Burridge skidding in front of the fans at the final whistle.
There were more QPR fans then that, though, and the supporters club had a special train not a coach, it was one of my first big awaydays with my dad. I remember one of the stewards going along the train as we were about to leave from what I believe was Wadsley Bridge station making everyone pull the blinds down as they were worried that the home fans were going to stone the train.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 22:39 - Oct 21 with 5959 viewsTrom

2 minutes is really not a big deal - whilst it means nothing to us it clearly does to the owners of that club and the Thai nation.

Can't see why anyone would want to disrespect that. If the boot was on the other fit - say the passing of one of ours and the opponents couldn't even just stand quiet for 2 mins what would you think? Listening to the podcast last night it sounded like Stan is really suffering from the Alzheimer's. Imagine if the team we faced when he passed didn't respect a silence just because he meant little to them.

Reality is that this doesn't chime with us but there's no reason to be cocks about it. Best just to let it pass of peaceful and respectful then get down to the football.

Sometimes you need to be the better man.

Edit - I was there at the promotion - I don't think any of the current Owls ownership was though. Seems churlish to blame the fans and new owners for something that the club decided to do under there old ownership. Bit like everyone giving us stick for being money bags QPR as if we make the decisions.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 22:42]
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 23:06 - Oct 21 with 5926 viewsingeminate

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 22:39 - Oct 21 by Trom

2 minutes is really not a big deal - whilst it means nothing to us it clearly does to the owners of that club and the Thai nation.

Can't see why anyone would want to disrespect that. If the boot was on the other fit - say the passing of one of ours and the opponents couldn't even just stand quiet for 2 mins what would you think? Listening to the podcast last night it sounded like Stan is really suffering from the Alzheimer's. Imagine if the team we faced when he passed didn't respect a silence just because he meant little to them.

Reality is that this doesn't chime with us but there's no reason to be cocks about it. Best just to let it pass of peaceful and respectful then get down to the football.

Sometimes you need to be the better man.

Edit - I was there at the promotion - I don't think any of the current Owls ownership was though. Seems churlish to blame the fans and new owners for something that the club decided to do under there old ownership. Bit like everyone giving us stick for being money bags QPR as if we make the decisions.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 22:42]

Hasn't one minute has always been the going rate for football related silence?

Can't help feeling this is a pretty sudden increase?

I'm open to say one minute 20, easing it in.

A full double up to two minutes, nope not for me.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 23:07 - Oct 21 with 5924 viewsBoston

There's a small chip shop around the corner from Hillsborough that sells the biggest spring rolls I've ever seen. South East Asian looking people run it, wonder if that old boy firing up the pork pies before the match was the King?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024