Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you're all going to Wednesday... 22:58 - Oct 20 with 8676 viewsFredManRave

Stay silent for two minutes just prior to kick-off!

Well at least that's what's being asked;

Fans urged to pay tribute to late Thai king before Sheffield Wednesday's clash with QPR

Sheffield Wednesday fans are being urged to pay their respects to the late king of Thailand before their EFL Championship game with QPR. The king of Thailand, aged 88, was the longest reigning monarch in the world, with 70 years on the throne.

A club spokesman said: "Sheffield Wednesday, in a show of unity and reverence for our chairman Dejphon Chansiri and the people of Thailand, will mark the recent passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej at Saturday’s home game against Queens Park Rangers. "Just prior to kick-off, supporters will be asked to stand in silence and pay their respects whilst the royal anthem of Thailand - Sansoen Phra Barami - is played on the big screen, which will also display images of King Bhumibol Adulyadej. "Our sympathies remain with Mr Chansiri, his family and friends, and everyone in Thailand at this extremely difficult time." As they did at Huddersfield last Sunday, the Wednesday players will wear black armbands for the fixture, while the flags at Hillsborough will fly at half-mast for the remainder of a 30-day mourning period since the king’s passing.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/fans-urged-to-pay-tribute-to-late-thai-king-before

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 23:30 - Oct 21 with 2007 viewsNorthLondonR

Fck em and their law.. horrible elitist w@nkers....

Serfs serfs serfs serfs serfs......
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 05:11 - Oct 22 with 1970 viewsThaiHoop

Sounds like I'd better stash my hoops in a drawer for a while!!!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 5:13]
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 10:34 - Oct 22 with 1892 viewsLythamR

Thais dont dislike all foreigners but they are not keen on ones that disrespect their culture which unfortunately many do and its quite sickening.

of course many Thais would prefer their country not to be full of foreigners but i think we know that they are hardly unique there!

I am going today and i will observe the silence, not particularly out of respect for a kng that helped steer a country through extremely dangerous and tricky times without millions of them getting slaughtered like the surrounding countries but because we have been asked to by Sheff Weds and if the situation was reversed we would hope an expect the same from them regardless of the reason
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 17:37 - Oct 22 with 1798 viewsFredManRave

So did we observe the 2 minute silence?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 18:06 - Oct 22 with 1769 viewsstuabd

Quite interesting how he became king in the first place. His brother was shot in the head while in his bedroom. I think there was a documentary about it. Not talked about much in Thailand.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 22:19 - Oct 22 with 1624 viewsLongsufferingR

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 23:07 - Oct 21 by Boston

There's a small chip shop around the corner from Hillsborough that sells the biggest spring rolls I've ever seen. South East Asian looking people run it, wonder if that old boy firing up the pork pies before the match was the King?

He was as far as I'm concerned.
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 22:21 - Oct 22 with 1619 viewsLythamR

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 18:06 - Oct 22 by stuabd

Quite interesting how he became king in the first place. His brother was shot in the head while in his bedroom. I think there was a documentary about it. Not talked about much in Thailand.

not talked about much at all because its likely to get you arrested :) .fact is he was revered by the people who by and large are deeply spiritual in their Buddhism in a way that is difficult for us to relate to

I got in just after kick off but according to the chap next to me we showed reasonable respect which was pleased about, its not about who it was for its about the request from the club and respect between supporters.

We will almost certainly have occasion sooner or later to request opposition fans respect a silence at our ground. a bit of human decency costs nothing
If you're all going to Wednesday... on 22:41 - Oct 22 with 1591 views81A

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 17:37 - Oct 22 by FredManRave

So did we observe the 2 minute silence?!

Turned out it wasn't 2 minutes silence but a Disney Princess version of what I assume was the Thai national anthem. Respectfully observed in the away end. All a bit awks tho
Login to get fewer ads

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 01:32 - Oct 23 with 1516 views18StoneOfHoop

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 22:21 - Oct 22 by LythamR

not talked about much at all because its likely to get you arrested :) .fact is he was revered by the people who by and large are deeply spiritual in their Buddhism in a way that is difficult for us to relate to

I got in just after kick off but according to the chap next to me we showed reasonable respect which was pleased about, its not about who it was for its about the request from the club and respect between supporters.

We will almost certainly have occasion sooner or later to request opposition fans respect a silence at our ground. a bit of human decency costs nothing

Very well put,Lytham..and with a touch more insider knowledge and convincing credibility than some sanctimonious prigs, instantly influenced by Wikipedia or a newspaper editorial or seen a tv documentary once, Thai monarchy 'expert' posters on this thread.

"The fact is he was revered by the people who by and large are deeply spiritual in their Buddhism in a way that is difficult for us to relate to."

"I got in just after kick off but according to the chap next to me we showed reasonable respect which I'm pleased about, its not about who it was for its about the request from the club and respect between supporters."

"We will almost certainly have occasion sooner or later to request opposition fans respect a silence at our ground. A bit of human decency costs nothing."

"I am going today and I will observe the silence, not particularly out of respect for a king that helped steer a country through extremely dangerous and tricky times without millions of them getting slaughtered like the surrounding countries but because we have been asked to by Sheffield Wednesday and if the situation was reversed we would hope and expect the same from them regardless of the reason."

[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 1:40]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 02:13 - Oct 23 with 1491 views18StoneOfHoop

BTW I wasn't up at Hillsbrough this time,I was at Griffin to see the Bees play Barnsley,it was the formers 4,000th game so my seat only cost a tenner,attendance 10,417,I kept a watching brief on our neighbours.
They comfortably and deservedly lost 2-0 to the no frills efficient Tykes.
The buzzers are in poor form at the mo.
Stamp out and nullify Ryan Woods the ginger playmaker
and Scotty Hogan their one-up-front often isolated goalscoring threat and they haven't got much else on the pitch or bench. Alan Judge sorely missed.

Judging on form,JFH will have to put out a totally confounding team selection and the whole team be utter rank LFW-lesbian-fancier-Holloway-khazi-visiting level smelly toilet on Friday night to somehow let the red stripes win.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 9:55]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

If you're all going to Wednesday... on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 1426 viewsLongsufferingR

Interesting that someone reported my earlier post as abuse! Exactly how praise for a man who produces exceedingly large spring rolls is abuse is beyond me. Hey ho.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024