Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The boy from straya 06:42 - Oct 21 with 2939 viewsSuffolkHoop

Positive post warning.

Mas is a proper quality player. Runs, passes, tackles, assists, scores (for oz). He's really come in to his own recently to the point where him playing or otherwise dictates the teams performance. Shame we have to lose him for a fortnight every other month!

With Smithies in net and Washington also showing signs of improvement - do we have the makings of a decent young side?
The boy from straya on 07:06 - Oct 21 with 2914 viewssilky

Yep,

But more importantly fans patience is the key to this team actually fulfilling its potential.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

The boy from straya on 08:00 - Oct 21 with 2881 viewsbosh67

He does seem to have gone from running about a lot to getting in the thick of things and working to make things happen. He just needs to do more of what he did on Tuesday evening on a regular basis and he will be a first name on the team sheet.

He and Borysiuk look like the long term central midfield duo. I like Borysiuk, he is starting to remind me of Gary Waddock.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The boy from straya on 08:34 - Oct 21 with 2830 viewsDorse

'They're being positive! Quick, get them!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The boy from straya on 09:44 - Oct 21 with 2756 viewsHunterhoop

The boy from straya on 08:00 - Oct 21 by bosh67

He does seem to have gone from running about a lot to getting in the thick of things and working to make things happen. He just needs to do more of what he did on Tuesday evening on a regular basis and he will be a first name on the team sheet.

He and Borysiuk look like the long term central midfield duo. I like Borysiuk, he is starting to remind me of Gary Waddock.

Bosh, he's been doing it all season. 44 tackles in 9 games BEFORE Tuesday: highest in the league and 26 more than ANY other QPR player.

You can't get much more in the thick of it than that.

The issue isn't he's improved in recent matches, it's that people have started to realise how good he is.

We are much worse when he is out of the side. The same was true last year.
The boy from straya on 10:09 - Oct 21 with 2722 views1BobbyHazell

The boy from straya on 08:00 - Oct 21 by bosh67

Smallish point of order here but Tuesday's improvement (the whole team's that is) was based around playing a 433 as opposed to 4231. The slightly advanced position for Mass and increased freedom to roam a little really suit him and give him much more opportunity to use his strengths than when instructed to sit next to Henry and rarely break forward. The same could be said for Cousins and even Gladwin whilst Borysiuk is the natural holder.

It gives teams so much more to think about defensively than when they know we have two 'sitters' and is ready made for the high press.

If we go back to a midfield duo on Saturday I'll be gutted.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 10:12]
The boy from straya on 13:06 - Oct 21 with 2572 viewsrsonist

I wouldn't have said Luongo was a waste of space or anything last season but I do think Hunter's laying it on a bit thick suggesting he's always been playing at this level...
The boy from straya on 13:17 - Oct 21 with 2547 viewsHunterhoop

The boy from straya on 13:06 - Oct 21 by rsonist

I wouldn't have said Luongo was a waste of space or anything last season but I do think Hunter's laying it on a bit thick suggesting he's always been playing at this level...

I'm not sure it's "laying it on a bit thick"!

I thought he was good last year, when he was played no. 10 to begin with. I think he was PoTM in Aug/Sept last season too. Myself and several others around me at home thought he made us tick last season.

He's playing well this season, but I don't think there's been a massive difference in his performances. I genuinely think it's more that people have started to notice/realise.

It's like how Bosh says he played well on Tues, when he was "in thick of it"...yet, his tackle stats show he has been "in the thick of it" all season!!

Perception and reality are clearly two different things for many when it comes to Luongo.
The boy from straya on 15:56 - Oct 21 with 2470 viewsrunningman75

I follow a facebook page outside 90 which is an Aussie page. They have often raved about Luongo following his international performances but had not noticed it at Loftus Road. On Tuesday I saw an all action midfielder who also provided an assist and was definitely that player who the Aussies have seen more reguarly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024