Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? 19:32 - Oct 22 with 2954 viewsVancouverHoop

One for the stattos. What's the greatest number of years between matches featuring QPR and another club?

I've no idea. I figured it would likely be someone we met first in the Southern League and have had little opportunity to play since, except, probably, in a cup tie. Sheppey Utd or Gravesend maybe...?
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 14:01 - Oct 25 with 628 viewsNorthernr

We played Newport County in the FA Cup in November 1962 (won 3-2) and haven't played them since, bar last summer's friendly game. They have gone bust and reformed in the meantime but they're still Newport County. Used to actually be a regular fixture for us too - our record is won 32, drawn 13, lost 14.

According to Soccerbase we've never played Morecambe (currently League Two) so that's quite a gap - some 2016 years or so. Same with Boston United.
Lincoln we last played in the cup in 1971/72 and the league 1961/62.
Prior to 2007/08 we hadn't played Scunny since 66/67.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 14:32 - Oct 25 with 607 viewsDannyPaddox

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 11:08 - Oct 25 by PeterHucker

we've played Aldershot a few times in pre-season, does that count?

If we're talking friendlies it's about time Arbroath replayed our hospitality of 1969. I have my speedos ready.

And talking of the seaside have we visited Torquay in league or cup since the glorious 66/67 season?

And have we EVER been to Sincil Bank, Lincoln City? I believe the two cup games mentioned by NorthernR were home games.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 14:38]
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 14:46 - Oct 25 with 600 viewsNorthernr

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 14:32 - Oct 25 by DannyPaddox

If we're talking friendlies it's about time Arbroath replayed our hospitality of 1969. I have my speedos ready.

And talking of the seaside have we visited Torquay in league or cup since the glorious 66/67 season?

And have we EVER been to Sincil Bank, Lincoln City? I believe the two cup games mentioned by NorthernR were home games.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 14:38]

Torquay we played home and then a replay in the FA Cup in the Wardley season 1999.00. 1-1 at home (Wardley) and 3-2 away (Wardley 2, Kiwomya).

We were last at Sincil Bank in Old Division 3 winning 5-0 in April 1962.
Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 16:36 - Oct 26 with 527 viewsW7Ranger

Longest time-span between QPR and an opponent? on 14:46 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Torquay we played home and then a replay in the FA Cup in the Wardley season 1999.00. 1-1 at home (Wardley) and 3-2 away (Wardley 2, Kiwomya).

We were last at Sincil Bank in Old Division 3 winning 5-0 in April 1962.

Neville Southall was in goal for Torquay that day. Would've been about 50 years old and 50 stone! Still played superb!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024