Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager to go... 16:56 - Oct 23 with 3977 viewsTGRRRSSS

Karl Robinson has left MK DOns.

Been there a long time not sure. Always nice to see them struggle.
Next Manager to go... on 02:42 - Oct 26 with 1058 viewsFredManRave

So that's 5 of the bottom 7 teams in the Championship that have sacked their manager after "only" 14 games.

Ince for Wolves, apparantely.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Next Manager to go... on 10:36 - Oct 26 with 961 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager to go... on 20:21 - Oct 25 by derbyhoop

Wolves sack Zenga and Wigan sack Caldwell. That's 6 in the Championship already. Meanwhile, we 've gone nearly a year with the same manager. Even when there's a potential crisis, like the Telegraph allegations, we deal with it with little fuss.

I think I've moved to a planet where QPR are one of the least likely to generate media headlines.

25% gone by end of October - bonkers!

Anyone expect Wolves/Wigan to now run away with league.......... no me neither.
Next Manager to go... on 18:47 - Oct 26 with 879 viewsterryb

Next Manager to go... on 02:42 - Oct 26 by FredManRave

So that's 5 of the bottom 7 teams in the Championship that have sacked their manager after "only" 14 games.

Well, that's another one that could well be gone before the season ends!
Next Manager to go... on 19:13 - Oct 26 with 857 viewsrsonist

Next Manager to go... on 15:06 - Oct 25 by Antti_Heinola

Never lasted long anywhere, was never going to there either. Dreadful appointment. Sam might fancy it!

Bit harsh, not like he was given much of a chance but they played some good stuff at times.

Set-up there reminds me a lot of our early Briatore years, with a globalized update. Fancy foreign names on loan, impatient owners, general chaos. Zenga their Gigi, maybe Marco Silva to be their Sousa now too. Big Sam will probably take them up in four years once they give up and let him crack on.
Next Manager to go... on 19:15 - Oct 26 with 855 viewsrsonist

Next Manager to go... on 02:42 - Oct 26 by FredManRave

Ince has piped up from the scrapheap to say how much he'd like the job. No indication so far that the feeling is mutual.
Next Manager to go... on 20:20 - Oct 26 with 829 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Warnock-24 wins out of 46
Redknapp-23 wins out of 46
Hasselbaink-13 out of 45
Next Manager to go... on 20:26 - Oct 26 with 823 viewsFredManRave

Next Manager to go... on 20:20 - Oct 26 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Hasselbaink-13 out of 45

Hasselbaink has got a lot to make up in his next game...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Next Manager to go... on 08:35 - Oct 27 with 764 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager to go... on 20:20 - Oct 26 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Hasselbaink-13 out of 45

Soooooo

You would

a) Sack him?

b) Get Warnock back? (Would have to get rid of Ferdinand for that to happen btw)

c) Get Harry back? (Would probably have to get rid of Ferdinand for that to happen btw)

d) Get anyone but JFH in and follow the oh so successful policy of other Championship clubs & change manager every 5 mins. Derby being a prime example where St Steve has made no difference whatsoever - & why should he , its the same group of players after all.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager to go... on 04:31 - Oct 29 with 659 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Next Manager to go... on 08:35 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Soooooo

You would

a) Sack him?

b) Get Warnock back? (Would have to get rid of Ferdinand for that to happen btw)

c) Get Harry back? (Would probably have to get rid of Ferdinand for that to happen btw)

d) Get anyone but JFH in and follow the oh so successful policy of other Championship clubs & change manager every 5 mins. Derby being a prime example where St Steve has made no difference whatsoever - & why should he , its the same group of players after all.

a) Yes.

b) Emphatcally no.

c) See b)

d) Not ANYONE but JFH in, but an actual manager would be nice, The last two appointments have been like hiring a binman to paint your living room cause he's cheap. But after he's tipped the paint over his shoulder and made sh1t of your Axminster, you kinda realise your cutting costs in the wrong area.

I don't profess to know all the answers, but I do Recognise that when we have an actual seasoned manager we do better. These last two tin pot appointments, one a coach and the other an ex-footballer with a few FA badges and a CV that'd be the first one you'd lob in the bin have been a complete waste of time and money.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing Di Matteo in our dugout. Seems like an all rounder and could probably make a nice cup of tea too.

As ever, my caveate is... What the feck do I know???
Next Manager to go... on 15:26 - Oct 29 with 570 viewsderbyhoop

Next Manager to go... on 04:31 - Oct 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

a) Yes.

b) Emphatcally no.

c) See b)

d) Not ANYONE but JFH in, but an actual manager would be nice, The last two appointments have been like hiring a binman to paint your living room cause he's cheap. But after he's tipped the paint over his shoulder and made sh1t of your Axminster, you kinda realise your cutting costs in the wrong area.

I don't profess to know all the answers, but I do Recognise that when we have an actual seasoned manager we do better. These last two tin pot appointments, one a coach and the other an ex-footballer with a few FA badges and a CV that'd be the first one you'd lob in the bin have been a complete waste of time and money.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing Di Matteo in our dugout. Seems like an all rounder and could probably make a nice cup of tea too.

As ever, my caveate is... What the feck do I know???

An ex-footballer with a CV and a few badges? I really do wonder what you know.

FYI - JFH was a very good player, a respected coach with Forest and Antwerp, a successful manager at Burton, and was appointed less than a year ago after an extensive selection process. What makes anybody think we are going to find a better appointment?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next Manager to go... on 16:05 - Oct 29 with 541 viewsbaz_qpr

Back in the real world when you are fairly new at something you rarely succeed without making some howler mistakes along the way, its the mistakes we learn from. Also in the real world being highly experienced means you can be more intuitive in your decision making but you can also be more stuck in your ways and come with a lot of baggage.
Sometimes everyone being inexperienced comes off but in truth I think thats pretty rare. The problem we have on the playing side is inexperience from top to bottom from the DOF to the players.

I don't think you can have all that, you need either an experienced DOF with a novice manager or an experienced coach with a novice manager or you need experienced players.

If we are going down the novice player route then we have to have experience in the coaching / management.

Points being:

The balance is wrong in the experience levels at the club
You only gain true experience by f-ing up, thats how you learn
Ideally for a club like us we would want a manager that has had success and failure and is big and smart enough to understand the failure and their part in it rather than blaming others.

Truth is if JFH goes they won't be able to resist Ryan Giggs because of the attention it will bring
Next Manager to go... on 16:19 - Oct 29 with 523 viewsTGRRRSSS

Your assuming Giggs would want the job, I'd say he would favour staying in the north west, he'd also speak with the likes of Ferguson who would;d tell him not to touch us with a barge poll.
Next Manager to go... on 16:46 - Oct 29 with 499 viewsbaz_qpr

Next Manager to go... on 16:19 - Oct 29 by TGRRRSSS

Your assuming Giggs would want the job, I'd say he would favour staying in the north west, he'd also speak with the likes of Ferguson who would;d tell him not to touch us with a barge poll.

Maybe, but they've managed to get pretty much every manager they wanted to date
Next Manager to go... on 16:54 - Oct 29 with 491 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Next Manager to go... on 15:26 - Oct 29 by derbyhoop

An ex-footballer with a CV and a few badges? I really do wonder what you know.

FYI - JFH was a very good player, a respected coach with Forest and Antwerp, a successful manager at Burton, and was appointed less than a year ago after an extensive selection process. What makes anybody think we are going to find a better appointment?

"FYI - JFH was a very good player,"-- ex-footballer, check!-- "with a CV"-- check!-- "a respected coach with Forest and Antwerp" --he's got coaching badges, check!-- "a successful manager at Burton" --A tin of Glenryk Plchards would've been successful at Burton.

"I really do wonder what you know." --check!--

Edit...
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/181659/2510107/the

"Think his failings have been highlighted and he probably did ride the good work already done by Rowett."
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 17:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024