Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vale Jimmy Perry 23:06 - Oct 23 with 901 viewsisawqpratwcity

Co-creator of Dad's Army and more.

My favourite anecdote of Dad's Army is that once, during production, Perry said to Ian Lavender, who played the gormless milksop, Private Pike: "You do realise you're playing me, don't you?"

A delightful comedy about Britain's Darkest, and Finest, Hour, awash with self-deprecating humour of us as a race.

RIP

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Vale Jimmy Perry on 23:13 - Oct 23 with 893 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'm more surprised that he was alive yesterday, than the news he's not today.

93! Well done.

Excellent comedy!
Vale Jimmy Perry on 23:24 - Oct 23 with 880 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think we had a thread about it, but "We're Doomed" about the making of Dad's Army (screened last Christmas) was excellent and full of lovely insights.
Vale Jimmy Perry on 01:16 - Oct 24 with 843 viewsBoston

Thank you Jimmy Perry for your genius.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Vale Jimmy Perry on 03:10 - Oct 24 with 817 viewsFredManRave

Dad's Army, It ain't Half Hot Mum and Hi De Hi, was a staple diet of British Comedy. Loved all of them.

RIP.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Vale Jimmy Perry on 07:48 - Oct 24 with 765 viewsbosh67

A great innings at 93 and a great writer. RIP

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Vale Jimmy Perry on 09:35 - Oct 24 with 707 viewsHendonHoop

My Favourite Dad's Army line was when a worried Sgt. Wilson had told Captain Mannering that he was worried that he had put Mrs Pike in the family way, only for Captain Mannering to reply sternly, " Really Wilson!!...You can't carry on like this. You're behaving like Errol Flynn !! !... Brilliant TV Shows indeed.
Vale Jimmy Perry on 11:00 - Oct 24 with 648 viewsDWQPR

We all know the 'don't tell 'em your name Pike' as the most well known of lines. When my Dad had his newsagents shop in Thorpebank Road one of his customers for a while was John Le Mesurier. He was exactly like Sargeant Wilson in real life, quiet, polite, unassuming and all in all the good guy. During a recent documentary about the making of Dad's Army Jimmy Perry said that he wrote the role of Wilson around the character of Le Mesurier. One of the greatest comedies ever and the best thing about it was that it is timeless.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Vale Jimmy Perry on 20:29 - Oct 24 with 530 viewsCamberleyR

Vale Jimmy Perry on 09:35 - Oct 24 by HendonHoop

My Favourite Dad's Army line was when a worried Sgt. Wilson had told Captain Mannering that he was worried that he had put Mrs Pike in the family way, only for Captain Mannering to reply sternly, " Really Wilson!!...You can't carry on like this. You're behaving like Errol Flynn !! !... Brilliant TV Shows indeed.

Hadn't he already put her in the family way by fathering Pike (although it was never said but intimated).

Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Hi-De-hi (particularly the first few series when Simon Cadell played the entertainments manager) all brilliant.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 13:31]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024