Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford on Friday 15:35 - Oct 24 with 12996 viewshoof_hearted

Okay JFH. You want us to make some noise? Friday's the chance for you to gee the team up to snap into every tackle, run until their lungs burst, fight for everything, no surrender, score more than one goal, maybe.

If you give us something to cheer we'll send you home with ringing eardrums.

(Assuming I'm not the only one starting my (hic) preparations at 4.00 on Friday.)

Brentford on Friday on 15:53 - Oct 24 with 7191 viewsJeff

4pm? what is it, a cheeky one in the concourse before the game?

Can we not knock it?

Brentford on Friday on 17:06 - Oct 24 with 7065 viewsLadbrokeR

Hoof hearted excellent post. It's been a while since we had a right noisy one. Early start should be order of the day.
Brentford on Friday on 18:58 - Oct 24 with 6937 viewsjohncharles

Start with two strikers
Start with two strikers
Start with two strikers
Start with two strikers..
And....
START WITH TWO STRAIKERS

Strong and stable my arse.

Brentford on Friday on 21:06 - Oct 24 with 6794 viewsPunteR

I'm waiting for the tickets to go on general sale as I didn't renew membership. They're not being released till Thursday, which is cutting it fine.. . Defo getting on the beers before,during and after..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brentford on Friday on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 6718 viewskensalriser

I'm not going now, I heard there are going to be loads of pissheads about.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brentford on Friday on 23:18 - Oct 24 with 6680 viewsPunteR

Brentford on Friday on 22:54 - Oct 24 by kensalriser

I'm not going now, I heard there are going to be loads of pissheads about.

Happy singing pissheads? Or punchy pissheads.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brentford on Friday on 09:47 - Oct 25 with 6491 viewshoof_hearted

Brentford on Friday on 23:18 - Oct 24 by PunteR

Happy singing pissheads? Or punchy pissheads.?

Fighting's soooooo seventies,man. 3 hours of drinking followed by either:-

1. Shouting, singing, cheering and laughing, or

2. Arriving upbeat and expectant and after a dire first half having a nice little snooze in the second half.

I like Friday night football. The only fan friendly Sky driven kick off adjustment that I'm happy with.
Brentford on Friday on 10:24 - Oct 25 with 6446 viewshoopdog

Brentford on Friday on 21:06 - Oct 24 by PunteR

I'm waiting for the tickets to go on general sale as I didn't renew membership. They're not being released till Thursday, which is cutting it fine.. . Defo getting on the beers before,during and after..

Falling gates yet can't buy a match day ticket for the loft if you don't have a membership
Only at qpr
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford on Friday on 11:07 - Oct 25 with 6384 viewsstevec

Brentford on Friday on 10:24 - Oct 25 by hoopdog

Falling gates yet can't buy a match day ticket for the loft if you don't have a membership
Only at qpr

Even better, if you ever feel like turning up on match day and buying a ticket they'll charge you an extra 4 or 5 quid to get in. No surprise the crowds are dwindling to season ticket holder levels.

Buy them earlier in SAR, you're normally limited to restricted view seating on the club website yet, soon as you get in there's seats, thousands of 'em, all fckin empty.

Starting to wonder if there's some master plan at the club based on ridding the club of all support and playing in front of an empty house. I guess the players at least would benefit from the lack of abuse.
Brentford on Friday on 11:13 - Oct 25 with 6376 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford on Friday on 11:07 - Oct 25 by stevec

Even better, if you ever feel like turning up on match day and buying a ticket they'll charge you an extra 4 or 5 quid to get in. No surprise the crowds are dwindling to season ticket holder levels.

Buy them earlier in SAR, you're normally limited to restricted view seating on the club website yet, soon as you get in there's seats, thousands of 'em, all fckin empty.

Starting to wonder if there's some master plan at the club based on ridding the club of all support and playing in front of an empty house. I guess the players at least would benefit from the lack of abuse.

They can't sell unused S/T seats in advance for obvious reasons!

Most clubs charge more for on the day sales.

S/T can sell seats through Twickets, if we those not turning up don't choose to do that, not much club can do about it.
Brentford on Friday on 12:15 - Oct 25 with 6296 viewspaulparker

Brentford on Friday on 11:07 - Oct 25 by stevec

I make you right steve , tons of empty seats for the reading & Bristol games
I cannot believe they charge an extra £5 for pay on the day , god when I went with the old man years ago that's all we used to do , now we are charged booking fees and walk up fees, utter bollox

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brentford on Friday on 12:54 - Oct 25 with 6229 viewsTW_R

Only at qpr

Is that really only at QPR though? I suspect most clubs don't allow just anyone to turn up and sit in the home end.
Brentford on Friday on 13:22 - Oct 25 with 6162 viewsToast_R

I'm watching at home for this one with red wine and cheeses.
Brentford on Friday on 13:23 - Oct 25 with 6159 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford on Friday on 12:54 - Oct 25 by TW_R

Is that really only at QPR though? I suspect most clubs don't allow just anyone to turn up and sit in the home end.

Of course it isn't only QPR.

But it suits some agendas to imply that it is.
Brentford on Friday on 13:46 - Oct 25 with 6115 viewsAntti_Heinola

Only at qpr

So when we play Newcastle and there are spare seats, you're happy for oppo fans to buy tickets behind our goal?
Years ago people went mental because fans of other teams got tickets in the home end, now when the club have a policy in place it's 'only at QPR' (which, of course, it isn't).

PP - the answer is simple. Day before the game, make a decision, buy online, collect at ground, no £5 extra. Not exactly rocket science. Booking fees are a fkn disgrace, mind!

Bare bones.

Brentford on Friday on 13:47 - Oct 25 with 6110 viewsLongsufferingR

Brentford on Friday on 13:22 - Oct 25 by Toast_R

I'm watching at home for this one with red wine and cheeses.

Are those your mates' nicknames? Wouldn't really want to meet cheeses tbh.
Brentford on Friday on 13:54 - Oct 25 with 6093 viewsToast_R

Brentford on Friday on 13:47 - Oct 25 by LongsufferingR

Are those your mates' nicknames? Wouldn't really want to meet cheeses tbh.

It's Pickles you want to worry about ...
Brentford on Friday on 14:14 - Oct 25 with 6069 viewspaulparker

Brentford on Friday on 13:46 - Oct 25 by Antti_Heinola

So when we play Newcastle and there are spare seats, you're happy for oppo fans to buy tickets behind our goal?
Years ago people went mental because fans of other teams got tickets in the home end, now when the club have a policy in place it's 'only at QPR' (which, of course, it isn't).

PP - the answer is simple. Day before the game, make a decision, buy online, collect at ground, no £5 extra. Not exactly rocket science. Booking fees are a fkn disgrace, mind!

Unfortunately 90% of the time I make a last minute decision on going
due to many factors like
Money
Work
is the daughter playing rugby
has the missus got something for me to do that afternoon or evening
and I like the freedom to choose what I do without having to make a ton of plans

I would love to go every week but living 60 miles away sometimes I make the decision on the fly , I shouldn't be charged extra for doing that , even when I lived in Perivale I would finish work and um and r about going eventually I would and just get a ticket from the box office, its a con all of this being charged extra nonsense and the club is silly in doing it, after all it wasn't that long ago that we were peoples second favourite club , it was easy just to turn up and watch a game of football at loftus road whoever you supported, and at the moment we could do with all the support we can get because crowds are down and the atmosphere is crap

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brentford on Friday on 14:17 - Oct 25 with 6063 viewsNorthernr

Brentford on Friday on 14:14 - Oct 25 by paulparker

Unfortunately 90% of the time I make a last minute decision on going
due to many factors like
Money
Work
is the daughter playing rugby
has the missus got something for me to do that afternoon or evening
and I like the freedom to choose what I do without having to make a ton of plans

I would love to go every week but living 60 miles away sometimes I make the decision on the fly , I shouldn't be charged extra for doing that , even when I lived in Perivale I would finish work and um and r about going eventually I would and just get a ticket from the box office, its a con all of this being charged extra nonsense and the club is silly in doing it, after all it wasn't that long ago that we were peoples second favourite club , it was easy just to turn up and watch a game of football at loftus road whoever you supported, and at the moment we could do with all the support we can get because crowds are down and the atmosphere is crap

QPR aren't unique in that. Sheff Wed's tickets went up a fiver for us if we bought on the day at the weekend I think, in an away end that can hold 8,000 and had 804 in it at the weekend. Why would you want to put off people coming in that circumstance. I saw Scunny fans I follow moaning on Twitter last week that their tickets at Peterbrough went up to £26 for a league One match if they paid on the door - which given Scunny's away following there should be no problem in doing.

Pay on the door is increasingly dead, which is a shame, particularly at the moment when there are plenty of seats around - we're nowhere near selling out Friday.
Brentford on Friday on 14:34 - Oct 25 with 6027 viewspaulparker

Brentford on Friday on 14:17 - Oct 25 by Northernr

QPR aren't unique in that. Sheff Wed's tickets went up a fiver for us if we bought on the day at the weekend I think, in an away end that can hold 8,000 and had 804 in it at the weekend. Why would you want to put off people coming in that circumstance. I saw Scunny fans I follow moaning on Twitter last week that their tickets at Peterbrough went up to £26 for a league One match if they paid on the door - which given Scunny's away following there should be no problem in doing.

Pay on the door is increasingly dead, which is a shame, particularly at the moment when there are plenty of seats around - we're nowhere near selling out Friday.

I don't understand the mentality to it surely you want as many people to turn up and come to the ground , and as for £26 to watch posh vs scunny its scandalous
I don't know perhaps im a dinosaur from a bygone age but I used to quite like the feeling of just going to football on the day , turning up for a quick pint and then just getting a ticket , I mean its a day out at football why does it need a military style operation to go now?

Brentford on Friday on 14:36 - Oct 25 with 6022 viewskingsburyR

Not selling out for Brentford shows the state of football as a whole currently.

I was washing my windows last Saturday when a couple of pals dropped in. At about 6.30pmish I was asked how the R's got on.......I didnt have a clue!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Brentford on Friday on 14:46 - Oct 25 with 6003 viewsNorthernr

Brentford on Friday on 14:34 - Oct 25 by paulparker

I don't understand the mentality to it surely you want as many people to turn up and come to the ground , and as for £26 to watch posh vs scunny its scandalous
I don't know perhaps im a dinosaur from a bygone age but I used to quite like the feeling of just going to football on the day , turning up for a quick pint and then just getting a ticket , I mean its a day out at football why does it need a military style operation to go now?

I don't consider myself a dinosaur and I agree.
Brentford on Friday on 15:03 - Oct 25 with 5968 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brentford on Friday on 14:46 - Oct 25 by Northernr

I don't consider myself a dinosaur and I agree.

Agree partly, but if you're going from Scunthorpe to Posh, surely you've made a few more plans than waking up at 9am and starting the long drive? is it that hard to log on and buy a ticket? Is that a military style operation?
Different strokes i spose, but in the years when i did pay on the day, there was nothing i hated more than queueing for ages to get a ticket.used to turn up at the Loft at 1.15pm to get in when it opened at 1.30 for exactly that reason (and to get next to a terrace bar (to lean on - too young to drink).
I guess you can look at it in 2 ways - is it discouraging people who decide on the day to turn up? Or deliberately encouraging people to think 24 hours ahead so that the box office isn't swamped on match day? £5 extra seems a lot to me, but if you're trying to be efficient and minimise queues etc on matchday anything less wouldn't make much difference.

Bare bones.

Brentford on Friday on 15:22 - Oct 25 with 5938 viewsingeminate

Brentford on Friday on 15:03 - Oct 25 by Antti_Heinola

Agree partly, but if you're going from Scunthorpe to Posh, surely you've made a few more plans than waking up at 9am and starting the long drive? is it that hard to log on and buy a ticket? Is that a military style operation?
Different strokes i spose, but in the years when i did pay on the day, there was nothing i hated more than queueing for ages to get a ticket.used to turn up at the Loft at 1.15pm to get in when it opened at 1.30 for exactly that reason (and to get next to a terrace bar (to lean on - too young to drink).
I guess you can look at it in 2 ways - is it discouraging people who decide on the day to turn up? Or deliberately encouraging people to think 24 hours ahead so that the box office isn't swamped on match day? £5 extra seems a lot to me, but if you're trying to be efficient and minimise queues etc on matchday anything less wouldn't make much difference.

Must be a reason the club charges more for tickets on the day. Someone with an abacus and a spreadsheet will have worked out the club ends up with more revenue overall.

That said when we are struggling to sell out against in a derby match you'd hope the club would want to nudge people wavering towards the entrance not away from it.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Brentford on Friday on 15:38 - Oct 25 with 5916 viewsqprxtc

I remember waking up one December Saturday morning in 1991 at a bit of loose end. Decided to ring my mate to see if he fancied going up to Manchester to see us take on City. Have a bit of a laugh.

Got to Euston half an hour later, bought a cheap day return. Got a few beers and off we went.

Turned up at Maine Road, paid cash to get in and sat and watched Rangers go two down by half time. Wegerle pulls one back, we get a last minute penalty, which is saved, corner comes in McDonald nuts it in, we go nuts.

Get a few beers for train home, get home couple more beers and home.

Did all that without breaking the bank or planning a year in advance.

Try doing that now. that's progress for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024