Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pete Burns RIP 19:27 - Oct 24 with 5842 viewsJuzzie

Died suddenly from a cardiac arrest on Sunday. 57 years old.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37755445

[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 19:34]
Pete Burns RIP on 19:44 - Oct 24 with 5793 viewsHayesender

Well that answers the question

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pete Burns RIP on 20:29 - Oct 24 with 5688 viewsStanisgod

Pete Burns RIP on 19:44 - Oct 24 by Hayesender

Well that answers the question

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Pete Burns RIP on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 5673 viewsstowmarketrange

Another one gone before we hear the Champions league tune played at Loftus Road.How many more musicians(?) are going to go this year?
Pete Burns RIP on 20:39 - Oct 24 with 5652 viewsbosh67

RIP. Very sad but strangely expected.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pete Burns RIP on 20:54 - Oct 24 with 5619 viewsLblock

Will the autopsy confirm that all this crap these people inject into themselves in the name of vanity is actually killing them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pete Burns RIP on 09:31 - Oct 25 with 5359 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Saw him at Notting Hill Gate a few years ago, he looked like a....

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pete Burns RIP on 15:11 - Oct 25 with 5241 viewsBoston

Bumped into him a number of times back in the day. Like most 'weirdos' he was surprisingly normal to talk to. A mate of mine reckons he lived near Queens Park station, doubt if ever checked the sports page for the Rangers score. Wonder how he made his dough, surely you can't live off the returns for one reasonably successful hit all your life?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pete Burns RIP on 15:13 - Oct 25 with 5231 viewsLongsufferingR

Pete Burns RIP on 15:11 - Oct 25 by Boston

Bumped into him a number of times back in the day. Like most 'weirdos' he was surprisingly normal to talk to. A mate of mine reckons he lived near Queens Park station, doubt if ever checked the sports page for the Rangers score. Wonder how he made his dough, surely you can't live off the returns for one reasonably successful hit all your life?

Yes you can if you wrote it. Royalties for a song like that will keep you in clover your whole life.
Login to get fewer ads

Pete Burns RIP on 17:41 - Oct 25 with 5126 viewsDorse

Pete Burns RIP on 15:13 - Oct 25 by LongsufferingR

Yes you can if you wrote it. Royalties for a song like that will keep you in clover your whole life.

I wrote 'We Are The Chelsea Haters' and now I live in a gold house, surrounded by a bevy of dusky young maidens who fulfill my every sordid whim. But I don't like to brag about it, you know.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Pete Burns RIP on 17:46 - Oct 25 with 5120 viewsJuzzie

Indeed. Mungo Jerry lives comfortably off of one hit "In The Summer Time". He won't be buying yachts in Monaco but never needs to worry about paying the mortgage/bills.

Same with Jerry Raffetty/Yusef. I heard a few years ago "Baker Street" gets him something like £80k a year in royalties from air plays and compilations.

This is why shows like X-Factor are a joke. The winners are just mannequins.

As long as they look good (first priority) and sound good (they can be coached if needs be) then that's all that needs to be done. There's a team of writers that create the songs. The mannequins do all the shows, touring, appearances etc and make fk by comparison while the writers make £millions.
Pete Burns RIP on 18:28 - Oct 25 with 5091 viewsted_hendrix

Pete Burns RIP on 17:46 - Oct 25 by Juzzie

Indeed. Mungo Jerry lives comfortably off of one hit "In The Summer Time". He won't be buying yachts in Monaco but never needs to worry about paying the mortgage/bills.

Same with Jerry Raffetty/Yusef. I heard a few years ago "Baker Street" gets him something like £80k a year in royalties from air plays and compilations.

As long as they look good (first priority) and sound good (they can be coached if needs be) then that's all that needs to be done. There's a team of writers that create the songs. The mannequins do all the shows, touring, appearances etc and make fk by comparison while the writers make £millions.

If your talking about Gerry Rafferty he died a few Years ago and was one hell of a lyricist.
It wasn't just 'Baker Street' try the excellent "Stuck in the middle with you"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pete Burns RIP on 18:30 - Oct 25 with 5087 viewssuperstan

Pete Burns RIP on 17:46 - Oct 25 by Juzzie

Honey G?
Pete Burns RIP on 18:36 - Oct 25 with 5073 viewsSimonJames

Steve Harley's "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)" has made about $7.5M, and I remember hearing he gets about £100K per year in royalties.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Pete Burns RIP on 20:47 - Oct 25 with 5006 viewsBoston

Pete Burns RIP on 18:36 - Oct 25 by SimonJames

Steve Harley's "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)" has made about $7.5M, and I remember hearing he gets about £100K per year in royalties.

No wonder he's smiling.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pete Burns RIP on 21:51 - Oct 25 with 4969 viewsJuzzie

Pete Burns RIP on 18:28 - Oct 25 by ted_hendrix

If your talking about Gerry Rafferty he died a few Years ago and was one hell of a lyricist.
It wasn't just 'Baker Street' try the excellent "Stuck in the middle with you"

Ooops, getting Cat Stevens mixed up with Gerry Rafferty! But yes, It made Gerry a handsome, regular, amount each year.

Bryan Adams' album, Waking Up The Neighbours, circa 1992, made him some £60m (inc tours), largely due to the "Everything I Do...." single which he co-wrote.

All the kids today just want to be on tv, be on a reality show, be a z list celeb. They don't realise they're being completely manipulated and then tossed aside when they next bright young thing comes along.

A lot of these people popping off now were very much in charge of their own direction/destiny, nowawdays they're just puppets.
Pete Burns RIP on 15:57 - Oct 26 with 4839 viewsRs_Holy

Writing a good Christmas Hit seems to be the way to go.
Jona Lewie only ever had 2 hit singles and he earns 120 big ones a year...

Merry Xmas Everybody, Slade: £500,000
Fairytale of New York, The Pogues: £400,000
All I Want For Christmas, Mariah Carey: £376,000
White Christmas, Bing Crosby: £328,000
Last Christmas, Wham!: £300,000
Wonderful Christmastime, Paul McCartney: £260,000
Mistletoe and Wine, Cliff Richard: £100,000
Stop the Cavalry, Jona Lewie: £120,000
2000 Miles, The Pretenders: £102,000
Stay Another Day, East 17: £97,000
Pete Burns RIP on 09:29 - Oct 27 with 4742 viewsizlingtonhoop

I read once the other three laughed at Boy George when he presented them with Karma Chameleon, and they all hated (hate) it.
But, he says in that way of his, it bought them each a house...
Pete Burns RIP on 10:03 - Oct 27 with 4716 viewsJuzzie

Pete Burns RIP on 15:57 - Oct 26 by Rs_Holy

Writing a good Christmas Hit seems to be the way to go.
Jona Lewie only ever had 2 hit singles and he earns 120 big ones a year...

Merry Xmas Everybody, Slade: £500,000
Fairytale of New York, The Pogues: £400,000
All I Want For Christmas, Mariah Carey: £376,000
White Christmas, Bing Crosby: £328,000
Last Christmas, Wham!: £300,000
Wonderful Christmastime, Paul McCartney: £260,000
Mistletoe and Wine, Cliff Richard: £100,000
Stop the Cavalry, Jona Lewie: £120,000
2000 Miles, The Pretenders: £102,000
Stay Another Day, East 17: £97,000

Good call. Sleigh-bells, ALWAYS have sleigh-bells in the song.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024