Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers 21:47 - Oct 24 with 1749 viewsLblock

Now I should know this and I have tried to decipher information and even spoken to Ceiling-Speakers.co.uk today but I reckon the leading lights of LFW may be able to point me in the right direction in simple terms for me a simpleton

I'm doing the kitchen rather than venting at ODH

I've done a dropped bulkhead detail for an extractor hood and in there I've run a 240v power supply for, what i thought would be, a wireless (ie wi-fi / bluetooth) speaker
I did actually google such things and thought "yep - there they are, a bit pricey but they exist"
I therefore failed to run any speaker wires out of the area..... you'll guess where this is now going.
I just started the decorations today and I really dont want to cut in another conduit down a wall especially as the wall in question I only skimmed out last week. Gutted.

I thought I'd find something SONOS compatible but this is proving problematic.
I also have now been warned off going bluetooth due to limits in connectivity

I can only see 3 options to me now.
1. SONOS Connect:AMP inthe void connected to a plug (I can turn the 6mm into a socket outlet and there is room) and this then hard wired to a speaker). Gives me an issue as I'd have to pop the speaker out to do anything with the AMP which will be a pain in the arris

2. LITHE Audio bluetooth speaker - this is pre-amped and simply wires into a hard wire power supply. Means I cannot connect to a SONOS system if I do eventully start building one. Also, limited in terms of bluetooth and I dont really want music interupted wth phone calls etc

3. Dont do it and just have a radio etc on the worktop --- didnt want this at all. i'm after these being as uncluttered as possible!!!!

Anybody have any other bright ideas????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 22:25 - Oct 24 with 1715 viewsFredManRave

Enough with all this modern techno mumbo jumbo and choose 3, get something retro like the below that you'll have the added benefit of being able to play your mix tapes on as well as having two speakers AND auto reverse although not sure if it comes with Dolby.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 22:45 - Oct 24 with 1678 viewsPunteR

Just move your 1210s into the kitchen. Nice solid surface with handy units underneath to store all your vinyl. Perfect.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 22:53 - Oct 24 with 1666 viewsLblock

Funnily enough on Sunday the Scott NRG15 speakers saw the light of day for the first time in YEARS.
The old man had been storing them for me.
I am tempted to connect the rig back up and see if those old babies still work

My focus remains on this bloody speaker in the kitchen!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 00:23 - Oct 25 with 1616 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 22:53 - Oct 24 by Lblock

Funnily enough on Sunday the Scott NRG15 speakers saw the light of day for the first time in YEARS.
The old man had been storing them for me.
I am tempted to connect the rig back up and see if those old babies still work

My focus remains on this bloody speaker in the kitchen!!!

I'm pretty certain I still have a pair of KEF speakers in the loft. I'm bringing all my vinyl down soon so they might also make the trip.

Unhelpful I know but thought you'd be interested L.
Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 00:40 - Oct 25 with 1607 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Man, that's all so complicated... good luck with it!

I got two of these, one for upstairs and one for downstairs and the garden, lot easier than knockin shite out of my walls

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 00:45 - Oct 25 with 1605 viewsPunteR

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 00:23 - Oct 25 by CroydonCaptJack

I'm pretty certain I still have a pair of KEF speakers in the loft. I'm bringing all my vinyl down soon so they might also make the trip.

Unhelpful I know but thought you'd be interested L.

Chemical Brothers are rereleasing all their tunes on vinyl. Just thought I'd let you know.

Again, thats no help to Lblock whatsoever with his speakers though.
How comes your getting all your vinyl down croydoncaptjack?
KEF speakers were mega..

I'm actually thinking about Sonos wireless speakers for my house. Does seem the way forward as most music I listen to is via internet, Spotify,youtube, Frankie etc..

Lblock-I'm not 100% sure what the issue is tbh.
Why do you need to start chasing out walls with the wireless speakers. ? I think you can buy a 'Connect' box that links to your amp and your other speakers. I could be wrong though as I haven't looked into that too much.
Edit: Sorry just reread your post, and that's your option 1. That looks to be your best option..
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 0:51]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 06:06 - Oct 25 with 1555 viewswestberksr

Can't help with your situation but can recommend Sonos. We had ceiling speakers wired in years ago and all cabled back to a central hub that house the stereo kit then had it updated to sonos a few years ago. Don't think I've played a CD in the house since as its all on Spotify.
Non-QPR - Wireless Speakers on 10:47 - Oct 25 with 1445 viewsToast_R

My humble opinion and it is a case of horses for courses really..

Wired Speakers every time. You know what you’re going to get — no connectivity issues and it will save you a lot of money in fancy gear. I tried Sono’s at Currys as they had a sample display, I wasn’t overly impressed with Play :1 or Play : 3 — as a stand alone speaker they do sound rather tinny. Play : 5 however was superb and really crystal clear but £430?

I installed a decent Yamaha receiver in my home which runs a crystal clear wired 7.1 sound system for music, TV and Gaming. It’s the best investment I’ve made and has Bluetooth connectivity for laptops — smart phones, ipods etc. It actually places the instruments independently around the room so it feels like listing to a proper band. It has a wide variety of sound modes too from concert arena to whatever you fancy really. You can operate two separate zones from it so can run speakers to another room in the house, yes a bit of a ball ache running bell wires around the house but they are so cheap to install and not that hard to hide here and there with the aid of cable clips along skirting or coving.
I got all that installed for less then £300 with the aid of Ebay where I got the Yamaha receiver and 7 speakers (there’s always enthusiasts upgrading their gear and looking for a quick sale on what they have, often barely 18 months out the box). The only thing I bought new was the Tannoy Subwoofer from Richer Sounds for £100. The bass from that is awesome enough for a home. I’ve never cranked it up to eleven as it would shake the foundations but from time to time I’ve got the Led out and let loose before the obligatory bollocking from the Mrs.

If you want that immaculate tidy look and you’ve skimmed the walls, bit of an arse but speaker wire only requires a minor bit of chasing and nothing a bit of filler and minor sanding cant hide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024