Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* 09:57 - Oct 25 with 4936 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Bloody hell. What a start to the new season.
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:03 - Oct 25 with 4929 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Currently watching Series 6 DVD I'm taking it slow though and mixing it with X-files series 4.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:13 - Oct 25 with 4915 viewsrobith

It's kinda tiresome how the show has no shades of tone - everything is just nihilistic unrelenting misery. Even the comics give you a glimmer of light every once in a while. I've invested too much time to give up (plus the Negan story in the comics is ace, really restarted the stalling engine) but bar one 9/10 episode it throws out once a year, the gruelling misery, atrocious dialogue and random (if any) characterisation is really taking a toll on me enjoyment of it
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:23 - Oct 25 with 4891 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

In the same boat, invested far too much in it to give up on it even though there were seasons where I thought of jacking it all in because it was getting boring. Plus the Mrs loves it, even though she says its the most stressful show she's ever watched. However, the Negan story line seems to be the shot in the arm it has needed for a while, just a shame it's taken us so many seasons to get there.
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:53 - Oct 25 with 4860 viewsPunteR

The first episode directed by Frank Darabont( ShawshankRedemption, Green mile ) was brilliant but there were too many "filler" episodes for me and got a bit bored of it.
Shame as I know there's been some classic episodes in between .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 11:28 - Oct 25 with 4828 viewsisawqpratwcity

No spoilers, please. I'm already battling because I've just started watching season 5 and realised that large gaps in the narrative mean that I've skipped a year.

Never mind. I love all this zombie shit and especially the permutations of awfulness of the non-zombies. Glad to hear the prog is still going strong.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 11:55 - Oct 25 with 4796 viewsTW_R

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:23 - Oct 25 by Orthodox_Hoop

In the same boat, invested far too much in it to give up on it even though there were seasons where I thought of jacking it all in because it was getting boring. Plus the Mrs loves it, even though she says its the most stressful show she's ever watched. However, the Negan story line seems to be the shot in the arm it has needed for a while, just a shame it's taken us so many seasons to get there.

Yeah - it seems to be par for the course now with a lot of these programs. Too many fillers where not a lot happens so they can drag out enough episodes to make a complete series.
Lost was the first one where I really noticed it. That had 6 series that could have been 3 or 4. I guess once it becomes popular and the first series is a success, it's a cash-cow the TV company doesn't want to let go of.

TWD has some great episodes and there's always some good twists and you never know which of the lead characters are going to get bumped off, but each series is getting a bit samey now. Set up a community somewhere, find another community, fight with other community, have community destroyed, move on - intermittently go on scavenger hunts and fight dead people.
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 12:15 - Oct 25 with 4771 viewsdaveB

Last nights episode was absolutely brilliant, i had avoided the spoilers so didn't see that coming at all, shocking stuff
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 13:29 - Oct 25 with 4683 viewsBasingstokeR

That should've been the season finale of the previous not the first episode of a new one!

Not sure if it redeemed the "Glenn storyline" from last season.

Westworld might replace it for the meantime and I'll catch up when the season is done.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 13:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 18:27 - Oct 25 with 4581 viewssuperstan

Wasn't that shocked as you new something along those lines was going to happen since season 6 finale.
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 21:57 - Oct 25 with 4509 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 13:29 - Oct 25 by BasingstokeR

That should've been the season finale of the previous not the first episode of a new one!

Not sure if it redeemed the "Glenn storyline" from last season.

Westworld might replace it for the meantime and I'll catch up when the season is done.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 13:31]

I said exactly the same about last season! They sem to want to start with the cliffhanger though. Still my favourite show currently airing.
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 22:51 - Oct 25 with 4474 viewsthame_hoops

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 21:57 - Oct 25 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I said exactly the same about last season! They sem to want to start with the cliffhanger though. Still my favourite show currently airing.

Absolutely gruesome episode!
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 00:03 - Oct 26 with 4447 viewslave16

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 22:51 - Oct 25 by thame_hoops

Absolutely gruesome episode!

fantastic start.. Egg has come a long way

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 01:04 - Oct 26 with 4425 viewsLazyFan

Hi,
I dropped it after Season 5. I noticed same old same old. Not really going anywhere and filler after filler under the guise of character development. I am getting wise to them now. I dropped Mr Robot halfway through for the same reason.

I now only watch these 5 shows:
The Strain
The Expanse
House of Cards
Game of Thrones
Dark Matter

The Strain has a better plot for Gore fans and the character development is not just filler but adds to the plot, explaining why people act the way they do. It will also have an ending as it matches the books roughly.
The Expanse if you have not seen it has great actors and a massive budget. It also has a decent plot.
Dark Matter is low budget but great acting with great plots that have series ending cliff hangers. Just when you think it may slip into a lame pattern it changes tack and creates more enjoyment.

The rest I am sure you know.

zzzzzzzzzz

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 08:08 - Oct 26 with 4392 viewsthame_hoops

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 01:04 - Oct 26 by LazyFan

Hi,
I dropped it after Season 5. I noticed same old same old. Not really going anywhere and filler after filler under the guise of character development. I am getting wise to them now. I dropped Mr Robot halfway through for the same reason.

I now only watch these 5 shows:
The Strain
The Expanse
House of Cards
Game of Thrones
Dark Matter

The Strain has a better plot for Gore fans and the character development is not just filler but adds to the plot, explaining why people act the way they do. It will also have an ending as it matches the books roughly.
The Expanse if you have not seen it has great actors and a massive budget. It also has a decent plot.
Dark Matter is low budget but great acting with great plots that have series ending cliff hangers. Just when you think it may slip into a lame pattern it changes tack and creates more enjoyment.

The rest I am sure you know.

I dropped WD a few times over the years and when nothing else is on I watched 5-6 episodes back to back.

Agree about mr robot, the first 4/5 episodes were excellent then i stopped watching
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:13 - Oct 26 with 4349 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Have a watch of The Leftovers if you haven't already. I'm finding it the most stunning bit of TV I've ever watched. Course, it's not for everyone, but if you do click with it, you'll love it!
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 13:04 - Oct 26 with 4313 viewsEsgaroth

If you fancy a change from the Zombie apocalypse and can catch it from the start try watching SUITS. Possibly the best show i have seen in years and has some of the best acting you will find on TV

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 13:22 - Oct 26 with 4301 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Good News.

Engrenage series 6
'Filming began in Paris on 5 May 2016 and is expected to continue for seven months'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 23:40 - Nov 14 with 4144 viewsToast_R

Black Sails season three finally released this week. I'm gonna have myself some of that. A very close second to Game Of Thrones in the series stakes. I hear season 4 will be the final one and 10 episodes per season means its not a series compiled of mostly fillers. Wherever or not it'll morph in to Treasure Island afterwards,who knows?
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 00:03 - Nov 15 with 4124 viewswombat

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 23:40 - Nov 14 by Toast_R

Black Sails season three finally released this week. I'm gonna have myself some of that. A very close second to Game Of Thrones in the series stakes. I hear season 4 will be the final one and 10 episodes per season means its not a series compiled of mostly fillers. Wherever or not it'll morph in to Treasure Island afterwards,who knows?

Finally got to series 6 , I was a slow starter so have been hammering WD for last few weeks , agree about the fillers but it's still excellent all other TF has taken a back seat in the last month or so
Ps Maggie does it for me not sure why ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 07:00 - Nov 15 with 4085 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Loving my Mondays, Walking Dead AND Westworld!
Walking Dead... *No Spoilers* on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 4031 viewschris1969

Click the link below to listen to Easy Street (feat. Jim Bianco & Petra Haden) by The Collapsable Hearts Club
https://open.spotify.com/track/4NmWUWHsglLlJXvq1pGNsk

Can't stop hearing this tune from last week!! This season has been fantastic television and WD is back on form.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024