Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So my son...... 20:44 - Oct 25 with 2743 viewsRickyDicky

Got us two tickets to see Eddie and the Hot Rods at the 100 club for a birthday gift. Haven't seen them since I was 17. I bang on about them and Dr Feelgood, Bowie, Bolan etc etc.seen load of tribute bands, good and bad. So looking forward to it.

Have you guys and gals seen a group years later ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

So my son...... on 01:10 - Oct 27 with 638 viewskensalriser

So my son...... on 14:58 - Oct 26 by Boston

Still got an 'Ants' tat....but had Adams name covered over by other ink when he went Highwayman. Apart from that, there's not an artiste(s),mentioned above, barring the seasick bloke,that I have not seen, well been in the house when they were playing in the background anyway. Knew Kirk real well, as mentioned before, he once asked me to join Theatre of Hate after hearing me hum on the Piccadilly line, but still wouldn't really be motivated to go watch 'em now, just like to remember what we were rather than face reality I suppose.
Interested in the 100 Club mentions, never one of my fav spots but had many a night out that included getting showered in beer and spittle down the front of the stage. That old boy, Greek / Armenian, whatever, the owner, presume he's well passed on, anyone ever know him, jeez he must have had some stories!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 15:24]

...a true story about TOH.

One of their last singles, Eastworld, depicted a postcard sent to the band's management from Danzig, Poland with greetings from a likely cast of characters with Polish sounding names. This of course during the cold war and the time of Lech Walesa and Solidarity.

Duly impressed by these renegades resisting the Soviet jackboot, the band gave the card pride of place on the sleeve. What they didn't know at the time was that the card was actually from Stanislaw, aka Stan, a Theatre of Hate gig regular of Polish descent by way of Balham who had been visiting family back in the old country.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So my son...... on 21:20 - Dec 3 with 527 viewsRickyDicky

Went to the gig last night and my ears are still ringing ! Great night, beers with my son and rocking to an old rocker who really rocks. Never been to the 100 club before. A proper old school music club. Everyone was of a certain age and the support band were great too, called The Statins !

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024