Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrasso 07:56 - Oct 27 with 2399 viewsaston_hoop

New contract up to 2018, has been injured all season so thats why we have seen nothing of him yet. Presumably very much a part of Jimmy's plans then

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/michael-petrasso-qpr-contract-new-deal

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Petrasso on 09:12 - Oct 27 with 2281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Petrasso on 11:00 - Oct 27 with 2170 viewsadhoc_qpr

I don't understand why we sign these kind of kids to contracts, loan them out repeatedly and then let them leave - seems a bit pointless?

Doughty, Sutherland etc etc and Petrasso is another one IMO - has always done OK when called upon but successive managers have failed to regularly play him.

Also for Petrasso, he'd be better off going somewhere to play regularly rather than being our 7th choice winger and getting the odd mickey mouse cup game.
Petrasso on 11:09 - Oct 27 with 2156 viewsNorthernr

Still not convinced by him but hopefully he kicks on once this latest injury has cleared up.
Petrasso on 11:46 - Oct 27 with 2093 viewsPinnerPaul

Petrasso on 11:00 - Oct 27 by adhoc_qpr

I don't understand why we sign these kind of kids to contracts, loan them out repeatedly and then let them leave - seems a bit pointless?

Doughty, Sutherland etc etc and Petrasso is another one IMO - has always done OK when called upon but successive managers have failed to regularly play him.

Also for Petrasso, he'd be better off going somewhere to play regularly rather than being our 7th choice winger and getting the odd mickey mouse cup game.

Its a good debate to have.

Wonder what sort of basic he would be on.

Complete guess - say its something like £6 - 7,000 a week - difficult to turn down a decent contract at a club you're comfortable with.

He will believe he can get in the first team, if he moves to Lge 1/2 its less money, no guarantee he would play more there and might have to move house.

On the other side, take your point completely:- surely the whole reason you want to become a professional footballer is to erm......play football and that means 1st team not endless U21/U23 matches.
Petrasso on 11:50 - Oct 27 with 2080 viewsCamberleyR

With our wage ceiling of 20K a week (or a million pounds a year to us in the real world), don't think he'd be on a third of that. He'd be on 2-3K a week tops IMO.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Petrasso on 11:54 - Oct 27 with 2074 viewsbosh67

I like him. Thought he had good pace and plenty of potential. I didn't realise he had an injury but I am sure he is an asset because he looked comfortable in the few games he has played.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Petrasso on 12:07 - Oct 27 with 2040 viewsPinnerPaul

Petrasso on 11:50 - Oct 27 by CamberleyR

With our wage ceiling of 20K a week (or a million pounds a year to us in the real world), don't think he'd be on a third of that. He'd be on 2-3K a week tops IMO.

I don't know Camberley obviously.

But I was told that our lowest professional basic was £2K a week and that was about 7/8 years ago at least.

Would be surprised if its less than £5K a week, but pointless argument as we don't know!

My points are still valid though - comfortable wage/life v unknown, less money, new club BUT maybe the chance to play more /some 1st team football
Petrasso on 12:13 - Oct 27 with 2021 viewsrsonist

QPR Youth Team Graduate is proving to be Oscar Isaac's most difficult role yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Petrasso on 12:32 - Oct 27 with 1984 viewsNorthernr

Petrasso on 11:46 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Its a good debate to have.

Wonder what sort of basic he would be on.

Complete guess - say its something like £6 - 7,000 a week - difficult to turn down a decent contract at a club you're comfortable with.

He will believe he can get in the first team, if he moves to Lge 1/2 its less money, no guarantee he would play more there and might have to move house.

On the other side, take your point completely:- surely the whole reason you want to become a professional footballer is to erm......play football and that means 1st team not endless U21/U23 matches.

There's no way Petrasso is on that, even at QPR. Chery's only on £12k.
Petrasso on 12:34 - Oct 27 with 1977 viewsDorse

Jimmy obviously sees something there and it's always nice to have the option. It's not the longest contract in the world - feels like a 'make your mind up' sort of decision.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Petrasso on 12:59 - Oct 27 with 1932 viewssimmo

Petrasso on 12:07 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

I don't know Camberley obviously.

But I was told that our lowest professional basic was £2K a week and that was about 7/8 years ago at least.

Would be surprised if its less than £5K a week, but pointless argument as we don't know!

My points are still valid though - comfortable wage/life v unknown, less money, new club BUT maybe the chance to play more /some 1st team football

It will absolutely definitely not be more than 5k per week. League 1 players are on 2-3k maybe. People like Luongo will be on 5-8k so Petrasso won't be on more than 2 IMO.

It's worth having him there, we've seen the benefit with players like Hamailan, he's 4th choice but is a much better option in a pinch than loaning, etc. If they also turn out to be able to hold their own and do well, that's a great bonus and more reason to keep looking internally when we need new people.

As for Petrasso, I haven't seen anything of him to suggest he's troubling the first team. Lot's of endeavour and minimal end product. When you look at the impact someone like Shodipo has had in comparison, he's got some way to go.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 13:00]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Petrasso on 13:12 - Oct 27 with 1903 viewsToast_R

I signed him on FIFA 17 for Bristol Rovers, he keeps telling me he wants to leave...?
Petrasso on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 1791 viewsderbyhoop

I don't remember any previous announcements about the injury. Just thought he was another one who'd slipped out of contention. So pleased that's not the case.

He's got good pace and is reasonably strong, but he is small. JFH must rate him to extend the contract.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Petrasso on 15:31 - Oct 27 with 1725 viewsdistortR

Petrasso on 12:32 - Oct 27 by Northernr

There's no way Petrasso is on that, even at QPR. Chery's only on £12k.

"only 12k". Nuts, isn't it?
Petrasso on 15:33 - Oct 27 with 1719 viewsPinnerPaul

I do love these debates about salaries, as I admitted( but no one else seems to want to) we really don't know do we?

Especially as we do know there are payments for appearances, goals, wins etc
Petrasso on 15:50 - Oct 27 with 1678 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Petrasso on 13:12 - Oct 27 by Toast_R

I signed him on FIFA 17 for Bristol Rovers, he keeps telling me he wants to leave...?

Out of interest, how much are you paying him?

Could help us all out here.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Petrasso on 16:07 - Oct 27 with 1650 viewsPinnerPaul

Petrasso on 15:50 - Oct 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Out of interest, how much are you paying him?

Could help us all out here.

Petrasso on 00:32 - Oct 28 with 1372 viewsTrom

Nice quotes on player development in that link

“I feel like we have a gaffer who has faith in youngsters. You can see it in training — boys from the Under 23s often get called over to train with the first-team, and he watches them and is always giving advice.

“The manager has a genuine interest in developing his players, which is a great thing to have at the club because it encourages players to stay.

“He likes to give youngsters the chance — and you can see with the players this season, that they have made the most of those opportunities and earned the right to play for the first team."
Petrasso on 00:53 - Oct 28 with 1360 viewsaussiehoop

Petrasso on 00:32 - Oct 28 by Trom

“I feel like we have a gaffer who has faith in youngsters. You can see it in training — boys from the Under 23s often get called over to train with the first-team, and he watches them and is always giving advice.

“The manager has a genuine interest in developing his players, which is a great thing to have at the club because it encourages players to stay.

“He likes to give youngsters the chance — and you can see with the players this season, that they have made the most of those opportunities and earned the right to play for the first team."

JFH out!
Petrasso on 08:57 - Oct 28 with 1288 viewsfrancisbowles

I was thinking that as well. Wouldn't catch Harry doing that or Hughes, even our beloved Neil might struggle with it!
Petrasso on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 1232 viewsHunterhoop

Extremely encouraging reading. But yes JFH is useful and we need Tottenham Les out, especially if we don't beat Brentford....

On Petrasso, unlike, others, I do think there's something there with him. When I've seen him I've thought he's got decent pace (ie. quicker than most), a very good first touch and good, off the ball, movement. Not much end product yet, and he's small lad, but I'd rather have him play "wide" in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 that Gladwin or Cousins. It's his position. Has he not also made the Canada full squad once or twice now too. Glad we've signed him. Always thought he had more about him than Doughty or Kpekwa.
Petrasso on 11:05 - Oct 28 with 1225 viewswombat

Petrasso on 11:00 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

Extremely encouraging reading. But yes JFH is useful and we need Tottenham Les out, especially if we don't beat Brentford....

On Petrasso, unlike, others, I do think there's something there with him. When I've seen him I've thought he's got decent pace (ie. quicker than most), a very good first touch and good, off the ball, movement. Not much end product yet, and he's small lad, but I'd rather have him play "wide" in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 that Gladwin or Cousins. It's his position. Has he not also made the Canada full squad once or twice now too. Glad we've signed him. Always thought he had more about him than Doughty or Kpekwa.

while on the subject of young players

ryan manning anyone ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Petrasso on 11:54 - Oct 28 with 1189 viewsHunterhoop

Petrasso on 11:05 - Oct 28 by wombat

while on the subject of young players

ryan manning anyone ?

No idea what's happening to him. Les sounded very keen on him, when we signed him. Was he injured for a while? Has he not come on much?
Petrasso on 16:11 - Oct 28 with 1110 viewsdistortR

Petrasso on 11:54 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

No idea what's happening to him. Les sounded very keen on him, when we signed him. Was he injured for a while? Has he not come on much?

Sad story, mate. Signing for us went right to his head, became too full of himself, back-chatted his mum and is now grounded til after christmas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024