Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reds got the blues at Forest.... 11:35 - Oct 27 with 2334 viewsngbqpr

With our annual visit to not win at the City Ground imminent, this is worth a read....so many parts of this well written piece where you could substitute 'QPR' for Forest....or any number of Championship / League 1 clubs tbh....

https://thelovingfeeling.com/2016/10/26/one-thousand-cuts/

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 12:58 - Oct 27 with 2233 viewsLblock

That was a bloody good read.

You're right. It could be dozens of clubs, us included.

Definite feeling certain generations are falling out of love with the game and you combine that with the expense for younger generations and you have a problem.

I'll quote myself from 1999 -- "Football will eat itself"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 12:59 - Oct 27 with 2233 viewsJuzzie

Money killing football.

Footballers are human, they really are, and because of this it's impossible for all but literally a handful to deliver the expectations their transfer fees and salaries supposedly warrant yet we have very ordinary players earning (sic) obscene amounts of money whilst clubs go deeper into debt in an industry that yields more income with each TV contract signed.
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:07 - Oct 27 with 2215 viewsLongsufferingR

Brilliant piece. Also goes a long way towards explaining our current "atmosphere" malaise. There's only so much that fans can take having done their best to support their team through years of mismanagement and exploitation. Eventually an air of resignation sets in as they realise there's nothing they can do to stop the rot other than campaign for the owner to sell up. That resignation manifests itself in people either staying away, or if they do turn up, just watching silently as the club continues its decline.

At least on our part we are starting to get things right again, which is why it annoys me so much when people are looking for more managerial changes at this stage.
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:13 - Oct 27 with 2202 viewssimmo

Great article, a lot of similarities between us and them, you could probably say the same for plenty of others too, like Leeds.

Thanks for posting

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:54 - Oct 27 with 2138 viewswelwynranger

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 12:58 - Oct 27 by Lblock

That was a bloody good read.

You're right. It could be dozens of clubs, us included.

Definite feeling certain generations are falling out of love with the game and you combine that with the expense for younger generations and you have a problem.

I'll quote myself from 1999 -- "Football will eat itself"

Thanks for posting. Every real fan of any team in any league can sympathise with the sentiments expressed in that piece.
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:56 - Oct 27 with 2136 viewsSuffolkHoop

"And dream of a day instead when once again, people — players, managers, owners — are serving the name and the heritage of Nottingham Forest, and not the other way round."

Well put. Unfortuntaely football has changed. SKY, and money, are ruining it at a faster pace than ever.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 13:57]
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:57 - Oct 27 with 2130 viewsToast_R

Great read, can't help but feel bad for them.
Hell, if we can't get a win there next week, we never bloody will.
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 14:01 - Oct 27 with 2126 viewswelwynranger

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:57 - Oct 27 by Toast_R

Great read, can't help but feel bad for them.
Hell, if we can't get a win there next week, we never bloody will.

LOL . I have lost count of the numbers of times I have said that over the years.
Login to get fewer ads

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 14:32 - Oct 27 with 2086 viewsAntti_Heinola

god, i actually felt sorry for s forest fan there.

Bare bones.

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 14:35 - Oct 27 with 2077 viewsaston_hoop

Great read and so much of it rings true with us and fans of a large amount of clubs in and around these leagues.

We still won't bloody beat them next week though will we....then again I have never been to the City Ground and will be for the first time so I fully intend to bring the luck.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 14:49 - Oct 27 with 2052 viewsTacticalR

Al-Hasawi is a complete clown.

'Fawaz al-Hasawi, the increasingly beleaguered owner of Nottingham Forest, has been asking potential buyers of the club for an annual salary that could rise above £1m and a series of financial demands that include an extraordinary clause entitling him to whatever the players earn in bonuses.

Hasawi has also had to stave off a threatened revolt from the club’s players, the Guardian can reveal, because of the frequency with which they have been paid late or not received their bonuses.'

Nottingham Forest owner asked buyers for £1m salary plus player bonuses
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/19/nottingham-forest-owner-hasawi-

However, in case anyone is getting sentimental about the good old days, this is from Duncan Hamilton's book about Clough:

'He held the view that directors as a breed were parasitical freeloaders with an appalling ignorance of, and scant appreciation for, both his worth and the game itself. Most, he said to me, fell into one of three categories: duplicitous, devious back-stabbers ('they'd have given Julius Caesar a good going-over'), feckless sycophants ('who hide in dark corners when the flak flies') or egotists ('running a football club gets their photograph on the back page of newspapers — nowt else ever would').'

Duncan Hamilton, 'Provided You Don't Kiss Me: 20 Years with Brian Clough', (2008)

Air hostess clique

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 15:48 - Oct 27 with 1977 viewsJuzzie

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 14:35 - Oct 27 by aston_hoop

Great read and so much of it rings true with us and fans of a large amount of clubs in and around these leagues.

We still won't bloody beat them next week though will we....then again I have never been to the City Ground and will be for the first time so I fully intend to bring the luck.

"so much of it rings true with us and fans of a large amount of clubs in and around these leagues. "

This is for me why we as fans across all clubs really need to stick together. Sure, have a bit of banter and rivalry but people who constantly go on about XYZ club only taking 150 to Newcastle on cold Tuesday night just before/after Christmas really need to reel it in. It's getting boring.

Social media is a great platform for tw@ts to try and score cheap points on the internet. And there's fking loads of them. Sad fkkers.

Clubs, players, agents etc. must pi$$ themselves laughing at the amount of money they're making whilst the fans are still paying stupid money for tickets, TV subscriptions, merchandise etc. and all bickering with each other rather than focusing on the real culprits.
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 16:51 - Oct 27 with 1913 viewsstevec

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 13:13 - Oct 27 by simmo

Great article, a lot of similarities between us and them, you could probably say the same for plenty of others too, like Leeds.

Thanks for posting

Kind of reassuring in some ways, least we're not on our own.

This malaise has been bubbling under the surface for some time now but think the maximum ticket price for away supporters in the Premier fixed at £30 has really brought home the reality of watching dull football at this level.

My son commented coming out of the Preston North End debacle 'we've paid more today to watch that rubbish than every single away supporter in the Premier League'.

We're all loyal supporters but it makes you think.
Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 17:36 - Oct 27 with 1855 viewsderbyhoop

The problems at Forest are deep seated and it is getting worse. Ther but for the grace of God .....

I'm desperately hoping to see our first ever win at the City Ground, having sat through plenty of losses and the odd draw. But, if you want some good news for your team, look forward to the arrival of QPR.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 18:20 - Oct 27 with 1811 viewsTacticalR

Mad boards buy mad players, so it sounds like Armand Traoré has ended up in the correct institution.

Air hostess clique

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 19:01 - Oct 27 with 1762 viewsenfieldargh

Reds got the blues at Forest.... on 18:20 - Oct 27 by TacticalR

Mad boards buy mad players, so it sounds like Armand Traoré has ended up in the correct institution.

I vaguely r emember someone posting a link to their forum saying that Traore would be a good signing and was only performnig poorly because he was at shite qpr

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024