Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sexual abuse in football 08:52 - Nov 23 with 15827 viewsHayesender

http://dailym.ai/2gzh9RN

A whole can of worms opening up here. Massive respect to the men who've come out.

Hopefully more will follow, and these abusers can face justice

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sexual abuse in football on 14:29 - Nov 23 with 7530 viewsthemodfather

i'm sure over a decade ago, there was a tv show, bbc? about young players, i'm sure it was thru man city, were abused....something along the lines of spend the weekend at the coaches flat or be released...shearer was interviewed and very angry to have been asked...one top youth city player spoke out then and if i recall dario gradi, but he was reluctant to talk too....they named someone but just so long ago, not sure if same fella.
but what happened with mike newell speaking out about agents? and still being spoke about....
Sexual abuse in football on 17:56 - Nov 23 with 7431 viewsdaveB

Another Man City player David White has come out as well now speaking about it
Sexual abuse in football on 18:07 - Nov 23 with 7421 viewsHayesender

Sexual abuse in football on 17:56 - Nov 23 by daveB

Bit of a north west feel going on here

Sexual abuse in football on 18:45 - Nov 23 with 7378 viewsthemodfather

the programme was "dispatches" and about the man now accused, again, barry bennell....who described himself in court as a "monster".
repeat offender and convicted nonce. prison is too good for this khun=t.
Sexual abuse in football on 20:57 - Nov 23 with 7277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sexual abuse in football on 17:56 - Nov 23 by daveB

I just saw that Dave.

David White is a player I remember very well. The first reason for that is that he was lightning fast, strong as an ox and could cross and shoot well. a fine right-winger and somewhat of a throwback to the 70's.

The second reason is an interview he once did. His career had tailed off after a brilliant opening phase which saw him play for England. It seemed strange to me, he'd had a few soft-muscle injuries and it didn't seem to be enough to explain the near-terminal decline in his early twenties. This was clearly a good pro. Then he gave an interview that in the days where no-one spoke about depression David spoke about depression without mentioning the word. It struck me so deeply that I often recall one of his observations; I can't recall the words but it was along the lines of 'the most depressing thing about your career slipping away is the day every year when the squad numbers are announced and your decline is confirmed...7...14...24...'

It has always stuck with me. Probably will even more so now.

As Hayes has said fair play to those brave souls for speaking out. May it bring them peace and keep other boys safe.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 21:54]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sexual abuse in football on 21:38 - Nov 23 with 7227 viewsbarbicanranger

Steve Walters, recently came forward as well - I used to watch him playing for my local side Northwich Victoria as a lad... Sad to hear it.
Sexual abuse in football on 23:18 - Nov 23 with 7165 viewsPeterHucker

didn't David White also score against us for City in the first ever Sky TV Monday night match? Sinton scored our goal.
Sexual abuse in football on 23:30 - Nov 23 with 7149 viewsBoston

I take it that Bend It Like Beckham was a subliminal cry for help then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Sexual abuse in football on 07:02 - Nov 24 with 7091 viewsKonk

Sexual abuse in football on 23:30 - Nov 23 by Boston

I take it that Bend It Like Beckham was a subliminal cry for help then?

Unlikely, given that "Bend it like Beckham" was written by Gurinder Chadha (a woman) who grew up in Southall, and concerns neither the serial sexual molestation of young boys nor the devastating impact that has had on the lives of those who were abused.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Sexual abuse in football on 07:40 - Nov 24 with 7060 viewsHayesender

Makes me wonder about the likes of Gary Speed

Sexual abuse in football on 07:55 - Nov 24 with 7048 viewsKonk

Sexual abuse in football on 07:40 - Nov 24 by Hayesender

That's been suggested in the past, but I think his wife maintained that wasn't the case.

Sexual abuse in football on 08:49 - Nov 24 with 7003 viewsnix

Let's hope the courage these men are showing by talking about their abuse will make it much less likely to happen in the future. Abusers operate most effectively in a climate of secrecy and silencing those who try to speak out.

I also hope it will help those who have been abused to no longer feel shame, and to see it's the abusers who should bear the shame. Hearing former professional footballers speak out shows it can happen to anyone.
Sexual abuse in football on 09:03 - Nov 24 with 6987 viewsjohncharles

Some other coaches and managers must have had a fair idea of what was going on

Strong and stable my arse.

Sexual abuse in football on 09:19 - Nov 24 with 6963 viewsHayesender

Wasn't Justin Fashanu about to blow the lid on these gangs years ago?

Probably why they bumped him off

Sexual abuse in football on 18:06 - Nov 25 with 6848 viewsKonk

Sexual abuse in football on 07:40 - Nov 24 by Hayesender

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/25/child-abuse-in-football

Looks like poor Gary Speed had Bennell as a coach when he was a kid.

Sexual abuse in football on 19:35 - Nov 25 with 6755 viewsdavman

Sexual abuse in football on 18:06 - Nov 25 by Konk

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/25/child-abuse-in-football

Looks like poor Gary Speed had Bennell as a coach when he was a kid.

Sky saying there are reports of non recent episodes in the London area. For once, please do not let this be us, just for bloody once...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sexual abuse in football on 19:45 - Nov 25 with 6733 viewsLongsufferingR

Sexual abuse in football on 19:35 - Nov 25 by davman

Sky saying there are reports of non recent episodes in the London area. For once, please do not let this be us, just for bloody once...

Doesn't really matter which clubs and when. What matters is that everybody affected finds the courage to come forward and those responsible and also those that covered it up or ignored it face full justice.
Sexual abuse in football on 19:46 - Nov 25 with 6729 viewsjohncharles

Paul Stewart has just told his story. Well done Paul. If it happened to him, big strong bloke then how far does this go ?
Said it before, this could not have happened without a lot of other people knowing what was going on.

Strong and stable my arse.

Sexual abuse in football on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 6656 viewsdavman

Sexual abuse in football on 19:45 - Nov 25 by LongsufferingR

Doesn't really matter which clubs and when. What matters is that everybody affected finds the courage to come forward and those responsible and also those that covered it up or ignored it face full justice.

Agree totally, but please NOT QPR for once...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sexual abuse in football on 21:09 - Nov 25 with 6656 viewsHayesender

Just seen Paul Stewarts interview on this morning. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Sexual abuse in football on 21:56 - Nov 25 with 6603 viewsterryb

I just posted this on NOt606 after watching a BBC interview today with four of the victims.

I came close to crying while watching this.

I'm sure that over the decades there have been hundreds & possibly thousands that have suffered this at football & all other sports/passtimes.

As was stated in the interview, the problem with all the test's now is that they won't find anything wrong with a person unless they have a conviction. No, I have no idea how you can test more!

My admiration for ALL sufferers of childhood abuse who have the courage to come forward is unlimited. My support for ALL sufferers is also unlimited.

I have a friend who was abused by her grandfather when she was a child. This had an awful affect on her life that will be with her every day that she is alive. Thankfully, in the last few years she has started to believe that she is not a worthless person who deserves to be abused (sexually, physically & mentally). However, that has taken her over 40 years!
Sexual abuse in football on 23:33 - Nov 25 with 6542 viewswombat

Sexual abuse in football on 21:56 - Nov 25 by terryb

I just posted this on NOt606 after watching a BBC interview today with four of the victims.

I'm sure that over the decades there have been hundreds & possibly thousands that have suffered this at football & all other sports/passtimes.

As was stated in the interview, the problem with all the test's now is that they won't find anything wrong with a person unless they have a conviction. No, I have no idea how you can test more!

My admiration for ALL sufferers of childhood abuse who have the courage to come forward is unlimited. My support for ALL sufferers is also unlimited.

I have a friend who was abused by her grandfather when she was a child. This had an awful affect on her life that will be with her every day that she is alive. Thankfully, in the last few years she has started to believe that she is not a worthless person who deserves to be abused (sexually, physically & mentally). However, that has taken her over 40 years!

Have a feeling that we may be involved in yet another headline , if rumours from a while ago did turn out to be true. Obviously won't say names etc but wouldn't supprise me atall

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Sexual abuse in football on 02:28 - Nov 26 with 6501 viewsSonofNorfolt

Very brave by those that have finally come forward. Most of us can have no comprehension of what they must have endured from then until now.
Years ago I heard the rumour that Crewe had a wrong 'un, wrongly assumed by most to be Dario Gradi. I'm unsure exactly when, but like Savile, whispers were in the ether.
Of course this will turn the spotlight away from the ridiculous cover up by the authorities to the ongoing investigation into the high level paedo enquiry that will eventually be abandoned due to complicit bureaucratic brick walls.
Sexual abuse in football on 02:57 - Nov 26 with 6485 viewsisawqpratwcity

Time for the game to stand up and show it can deal with this without fear or favour.

I won't hold my breath.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sexual abuse in football on 03:18 - Nov 26 with 6483 viewsstowmarketrange

Sexual abuse in football on 21:56 - Nov 25 by terryb

I think that all charter clubs,including my own,have to have a welfare officer that children can report any suspicious behaviour to.I don't think it could happen as much or as badly as it did to those poor children in the past.I also think that today's children are more aware of the things that can unfortunately still happen if the wrong people get involved in youth sports activities.
I guess it was the feelings of shame and guilt that these sick people preyed on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024