Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watches as an investment 23:21 - Dec 2 with 3753 viewswombat

Seem to remember a thread a while back about watches, looking to get a Ltd edition tag Monaco
1200 made anyone say if it's a decent investment of the Xmas bonus ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Watches as an investment on 00:36 - Dec 3 with 3724 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

People are getting wise to Tags. Nice case, shame about the movement. But saying that, there's still enough people about that don't look beyond the label for you to make an investment.

13 years ago I was 6 inches away from buying a Rolex Submariner for £400, yes, £400!!!! Now they're selling for £4,000!

Anyway, it's a tricky thing to invest money into and I would suggest not. Unless you're gonna be into it for the long term, like, 20 years.
Watches as an investment on 03:02 - Dec 3 with 3703 viewsFredManRave

The link to the thread that you mentioned is below.

Interestingly and depressingly I've just found that the TAG Heuer that I had is now going for 925 quid on ebay as opposed to the 600 quid it was going for at the time of the link.

C'est la vie!

It is what it is.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/166808/page:1#.WEI

Undoubtedly though you'll need to do a lot of research to find a good investment but surely the investment should come as a by product of actually liking and wanting to wear/use the watch in question?!
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 3:08]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Watches as an investment on 03:47 - Dec 3 with 3691 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Watches as an investment on 10:04 - Dec 3 with 3606 viewsRangersDave

I love Tag Heur watches, and some of them are just gorgeous.

However a quick search online shows them to be quite poor in customer service.......for instance....

The case of the leaking battery.
This is supposedly when you leave a tag to wear its battery out and then don't get it replaced for a few months so the dead battery supposedly leaks into the mechanism meaning it needs a full clean out by Tag and replacement.

Now call me Mr cynical here, but although I suppose it can happen, I purchased a decent Tag for the missus 3 years back brand new. 3 months ago the second hand indicated that the battery was running down and needed replacing, so off to Tag it went. 2 weeks later 'your battery has leaked and it will need £160 extra to clean it out on top of the £90 for the new battery.
How the FCUK can they say that a battery that is warning you of running down has leaked and why didn't they put a better battery into it to start with?

To be honest I shall write to them complaining, but in. My heart of hearts I think it's a blag.
I love the 3 watches we have but I shall go Breitling for the next one I think.

As for investment? Well, some are, and some are chavvy. The Tiger Woods one appreciated a great deal when it came out but since his ex wife went clubbing it slowed down a lot.

My missus Formula 1 with 122 diamonds and taupe face is appreciating due to the rarity, and desirability, but she wanted it because it looked pretty, not for the investment. Lol

I'd say overall, don't listen to the naysayers as they have a point but are far outweighed by the people that have great Tags, just do a little bit of investigation online before buying one.

HTH
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Watches as an investment on 12:45 - Dec 3 with 3543 viewsCopenranger

You could try Watchuseek forum or UK based TZ-UK's watch forum for advice, Lot's of knowledgeable people, that don't mind helping.
Watches as an investment on 19:27 - Dec 3 with 3391 viewskensalriser

Investing in things you don't know much about is always a good way to lose money...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Watches as an investment on 19:33 - Dec 3 with 3388 viewsFredManRave

Watches as an investment on 19:27 - Dec 3 by kensalriser

Investing in things you don't know much about is always a good way to lose money...

I've got the Power.

Watches as an investment on 19:39 - Dec 3 with 3382 viewsisawqpratwcity

Watches as an investment on 19:33 - Dec 3 by FredManRave

I can't tell, what watch is he wearing?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Watches as an investment on 19:48 - Dec 3 with 3369 viewsFredManRave

Watches as an investment on 19:39 - Dec 3 by isawqpratwcity

I can't tell, what watch is he wearing?

I've got the Power.

Watches as an investment on 19:49 - Dec 3 with 3364 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Patek Philippe I expect

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphilippe/platinum-split-seconds-perpetual-chrono-
Watches as an investment on 19:51 - Dec 3 with 3361 viewsisawqpratwcity

Watches as an investment on 19:48 - Dec 3 by FredManRave

Watches as an investment on 20:03 - Dec 3 with 3346 viewsisawqpratwcity

Watches as an investment on 19:49 - Dec 3 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Patek Philippe I expect

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphilippe/platinum-split-seconds-perpetual-chrono-

Pay a quarter mill for a fukking watch and you have to WIND IT YOURSELF????

I have absolutely no idea how the 1% live.

Watches as an investment on 17:40 - Dec 4 with 3193 viewselnombre

Watches as an investment on 19:49 - Dec 3 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Patek Philippe I expect

He certainly does have a Patek, I suspect it is more likely the annual calendar chronograph than that rattrapante (either way, not really my league).

I've also seen him with a Chopard LUC XPS in rose gold, and I'm pretty sure this is the silver dial/white gold variant of the same watch:

To the OP, I'd say investing in watches is almost as good an idea as standing in the street burning fivers...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024