Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoilett 00:55 - Dec 3 with 3075 viewstimcocking

No surprise to see he's started really well at Cardiff, been basically their stand out performer every game thus far.

It's early days, we'll see how he goes, but i always thought it obvious that we never came close to getting the best from him, due to our typical mismanagement and low quality support. Chopping and changing the starting lineup and constantly dropping people or moving position only ever fcuks things up. He should have known he was starting every game wide left and he should have been given a licence to attack.

Warnock has put him in his favourite position, started him every match, given him a little tlc and the fans are cheering him. Now Cardiff have (for a free) the player we signed and never got. All our own fault, as always. No surprise almost every player who leaves us improves and every player who joins us gets worse.

Incompetent management and lack of support from fickle fans will do this every time.

Fcuking booing our own players, nice one.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 0:57]
Hoilett on 02:28 - Dec 3 with 3012 viewsBoston

i liked him, but he didn't seem to like us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hoilett on 03:12 - Dec 3 with 3005 viewsFredManRave

He's a busted flush.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hoilett on 05:22 - Dec 3 with 2985 viewsLadbrokeR

Interesting point this. Hoillett will always be remembered for the tenacity he showed when getting the ball across for Zamoras goal. I would agree that ne never really fulfilled his potential. I am curious about this lack of support I don't quite know what you mean by that. Clearly nobody was ever singing his name from the rafters but other than Austen who has that happened for in recent years. Forgive me but hindsight is a wonderful thing but who out of our current team is suffering due to lack of support. I ask because Holloway certainly seems to have pointed out that the support on Wednesday was only evident in the last 10 minutes. However the support against Norwich was excellent and we were lucky. The support at Ipswich was good and the team just collapsed.
Hoilett on 07:17 - Dec 3 with 2928 viewsPunteR

Hoilet is a good championship player but obviously his wage demands are too high for us now. Maybe as fans we've grown a bit cynical over the years which can hardly be blamed,
but he seemed to get lumped in the bad egg camp by some.
I think he probably was mismanaged over the years with us. Warnock knows how to get the best out of his players.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hoilett on 07:51 - Dec 3 with 2911 viewsdaveB

If you watch him n a highlight reel he always looks great, watch him over 90 minutes every week and he's not so great.

He's playing in the same position at Cardiff as he payed for us many times, easy to blame the club for him not being great but he's hardly walked into a sensible club at Cardiff, they are just as mental as we are. The simple fact is he's an average player who can be good some weeks and terrible the next ad that will be the case whoever he plays for
Hoilett on 08:00 - Dec 3 with 2898 viewsPommyhoop

Hoilett on 07:51 - Dec 3 by daveB

If you watch him n a highlight reel he always looks great, watch him over 90 minutes every week and he's not so great.

He's playing in the same position at Cardiff as he payed for us many times, easy to blame the club for him not being great but he's hardly walked into a sensible club at Cardiff, they are just as mental as we are. The simple fact is he's an average player who can be good some weeks and terrible the next ad that will be the case whoever he plays for

He's rubbish Dave .. 'Bout 7% Rangers anhd one of them was a deflected shot ..Reason we bought him is at 2 mins ..Never never ever to be seen again..

[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 8:02]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hoilett on 08:02 - Dec 3 with 2898 viewsdaveB

Hoilett on 08:00 - Dec 3 by Pommyhoop

He's rubbish Dave .. 'Bout 7% Rangers anhd one of them was a deflected shot ..Reason we bought him is at 2 mins ..Never never ever to be seen again..

[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 8:02]

yeah brilliant, you could also do a 3 minute video of shots into the stand, crosses hitting the first man and miss controlling the ball
Hoilett on 08:03 - Dec 3 with 2889 viewsPommyhoop

Hoilett on 08:02 - Dec 3 by daveB

yeah brilliant, you could also do a 3 minute video of shots into the stand, crosses hitting the first man and miss controlling the ball

You did'nt even watch it man..
I'm on your side dude..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Hoilett on 08:50 - Dec 3 with 2834 viewsLadbrokeR

But has hoillett suffered on account of poor support.
Hoilett on 09:12 - Dec 3 with 2810 views2Thomas2Bowles

Yes he battled for it, but for Keogh's fecking up, it was another crap cross/pass,the highlight of his time here and even that was a massive slice (literally) of luck.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hoilett on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 2692 viewsDannytheR

The masterstroke Cardiff have pulled is only giving him a one year contract. Of course he's playing well, just like he was for us in the last few months of last season.

Fraud of a player.
Hoilett on 11:40 - Dec 3 with 2655 viewsWatford_Ranger

He got a load of attention off the back of a handful of identical goals, cutting in from the left and curling the ball into the far post. That was nearly five years ago. He's not particularly quick, can't cross, can't shoot, can't pass. As said, he's got a few highlights but his overall contribution throughout his career has been woeful.
Hoilett on 14:09 - Dec 3 with 2526 viewsBluce_Ree

Promising player is shite for us but good for someone else?

All part of the QPR curse.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hoilett on 16:52 - Dec 3 with 2401 viewsterryb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hoilett's agent let it be known that he wouldn't sign a new contract for us if we lowered his wages?

That to me, would sugest that he left us with no option but to let him go on a free.

Please remind me of Cardiff's current position in the division. I believe it was 23rd at the start of the day. They seem to be struggling to improve with Warnock & Hoilett in their ranks!
Hoilett on 17:18 - Dec 3 with 2362 viewsBoston

Hoilett on 14:09 - Dec 3 by Bluce_Ree

Promising player is shite for us but good for someone else?

All part of the QPR curse.

Dunno about curse, affliction springs to mind.

Hoilett on 11:44 - Dec 5 with 2162 viewsTacticalR

I am all for self-flagellation, but I am not sure that we should self-flagellate over Hoilett.

According to ever-reliable Wiki Hoilett has scored 1 in 8 for Cardiff, whereas last season for us he scored 6 in 29 (i.e. 1 in 5).

Last season he played much better than before because he was allowed to do his one trick, which is to move towards the edge of the box from the left or through the centre, get the ball onto his right foot, and take a shot. At this level and in that season it was quite effective and broke the deadlock in more than one game.

Much better to self-flagellate over Phillips, who scored a great goal on Saturday and is assisting like nobody's business.

Air hostess clique

Hoilett on 11:54 - Dec 5 with 2136 viewsToast_R

Phillips indeed is playing well and he did for QPR for spells. But he was always wildly inconsistent and would go many games under the radar usually after one of his many injuries.
Hoilett on 12:53 - Dec 5 with 2045 viewsrsonist

Hoilett on 11:12 - Dec 3 by DannytheR

The masterstroke Cardiff have pulled is only giving him a one year contract. Of course he's playing well, just like he was for us in the last few months of last season.

Fraud of a player.

Correct. Phillips hardly any better. Glad we're rid.
Hoilett on 13:06 - Dec 5 with 2003 viewsBoston

Which leaves us with the question, is anyone good enough to play for QPR?

Hoilett on 13:30 - Dec 5 with 1954 viewsTacticalR

Hoilett on 13:06 - Dec 5 by Boston

Which leaves us with the question, is anyone good enough to play for QPR?

Or, if the OP is correct that 'almost every player who leaves us improves and every player who joins us gets worse', does everyone become not very good when playing for QPR?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024