Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rogue One 14:38 - Dec 16 with 10135 viewstoboboly

Just watched Rogue One, better than force awakens for me. A few silly bits that probably weren't necessary but overall I was impressed.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rogue One on 10:11 - Dec 29 with 2938 viewsdaveB

Rogue One on 09:31 - Dec 29 by londonscottish

Saw it yesterday. Was not looking forward to it as I've never really got the Star Wars thing other than watching the first one when I was 13. Hated the one that came out last year.

So was was massively surprised by Rogue One.

Watched in 3D which probably helped.

Night and day compared to that Disney bollx.

Rogue One was made by Disney
Rogue One on 10:41 - Dec 29 with 2914 viewslondonscottish

Rogue One on 10:11 - Dec 29 by daveB

Rogue One was made by Disney

Wikipedia says it was "stand alone", "produced by Lucasfilm" and "distributed by Disney".

Eh?

Anyway, much better that last year's cardboard set effort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_One

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rogue One on 10:42 - Dec 29 with 2905 viewslondonscottish

Rogue One on 10:09 - Dec 29 by kingsburyR

Never seen any of the Star Wars films!

I wouldn't have seen the latest ones if I didn't have kids,

Rogue One on 10:44 - Dec 29 with 2904 viewsMrSheen

Rogue One on 10:42 - Dec 29 by londonscottish

I wouldn't have seen the latest ones if I didn't have kids,

Perfect zero for me, too. If I wasn't interested when I was 11, I'm hardly going to start now.
Rogue One on 11:35 - Dec 29 with 2877 viewsbosh67

I saw it last night and thought it was head and shoulders better than The Force Awakens. I deliberately watched it in 2D because I was there when The New Hope came out in 77. It very much kept to that feel and I thought the story, in general, worked. Well acted, great effects and the CGI on Peter Cushing, Carrie Fisher and the two X wing pilots was pretty exceptional. In a year they will have nailed that completely. Only the lips gave it away at times.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rogue One on 12:02 - Dec 29 with 2867 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Rogue One on 11:35 - Dec 29 by bosh67

I saw it last night and thought it was head and shoulders better than The Force Awakens. I deliberately watched it in 2D because I was there when The New Hope came out in 77. It very much kept to that feel and I thought the story, in general, worked. Well acted, great effects and the CGI on Peter Cushing, Carrie Fisher and the two X wing pilots was pretty exceptional. In a year they will have nailed that completely. Only the lips gave it away at times.

The X Wing pilot scenes was actually unused footage from A New Hope. Very cleverly done I thought.

Both R1 and TFA are heads above the abysmal prequels. Although there is a tonne of CGI in both it is used correctly and when needed, unlike the green screen fest in Eps 1-3.

As a big fan of Star Wars I obviously respect George Lucas for the universe he created, but the fact that my favourite 3 SW films are the latest 2 plus Empire none of which were directed of written by Lucas proves that the decision for him to sell to Disney was a good one. Still cannot get my head around the fact that we'll have a new Star Wars film every year for a good while to come.
Rogue One on 13:15 - Dec 29 with 2836 viewsisawqpratwcity

Saw it yesterday.

I didn't think it was as good as most people said. Sorry.

Was a fan of IV and V; maybe I'm just too old now.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rogue One on 13:19 - Dec 29 with 2838 viewsRangersw12

Saw it just before Christmas in 4dx and have to say I really enjoyed it and put it up there with Empire Strikes Back
Login to get fewer ads

Rogue One on 21:35 - Dec 30 with 2749 viewsPunteR

I think i suffered a bit from raised expectations. Dont get me wrong , i enjoyed it but not as much as Force Awakens. I just felt a bit underwhelmed at the end.
I dont think it added much to the whole Star Wars universe. Ok it explained why the Death Star seemed easy peasy to blow up...
The battle scenes where terrific though. I can never get bored of seeing Stormtroopers , TIE fighters , AT-AT walkers getting blown up.
The look and feel of the film was good, gritty realism but still keeping the retro feel of the originals. It links up well to A New Hope.
The Zatoichi character was good fun.. and Ben Mendelsohn's Krennic. Mendelsohn hams it up a treat. He's always quality.
Looking forward to the Han Solo film coming out next year. Still gutted they killed him off. Now THAT was a scene.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rogue One on 22:21 - Dec 30 with 2726 viewsDWQPR

Just got in from seeing it. Best Star Wars film by a long way.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Rogue One on 23:14 - Dec 30 with 2698 viewsHollowayRanger

saw it boxing day and just knew who would be in the final scene and even as a cgi character it left a tear in my eye knowing what was happening in the real world to her and sadly she past on the next day

the talk is that she completed her filming for the next one star wars 8 that's going be so hard to watch ,she was my first schoolboy crush

as for the film thought it was great loved the way vader went at it at the end ,and the droid was the best yet

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Rogue One on 00:00 - Dec 31 with 2676 viewsthame_hoops

Rogue One on 23:14 - Dec 30 by HollowayRanger

saw it boxing day and just knew who would be in the final scene and even as a cgi character it left a tear in my eye knowing what was happening in the real world to her and sadly she past on the next day

the talk is that she completed her filming for the next one star wars 8 that's going be so hard to watch ,she was my first schoolboy crush

as for the film thought it was great loved the way vader went at it at the end ,and the droid was the best yet

Filming was finished for EP8 back in June. I was fortunate to attend the wrap party at the natural history museum.
Rogue One on 01:02 - Dec 31 with 2666 viewsHollowayRanger

Rogue One on 00:00 - Dec 31 by thame_hoops

Filming was finished for EP8 back in June. I was fortunate to attend the wrap party at the natural history museum.

Lucky you, wonder how they will deal with her loss

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Rogue One on 05:17 - Dec 31 with 2640 viewsHayesender

Took three short people to see it yesterday. The fact I didn't hear a sound out of any of em for over 2 hours speaks volumes.

I also loved it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rogue One on 08:50 - Dec 31 with 2607 viewsDorse

Hopefully going to wangle a second trip to see it over the weekend. I am one with the Force; the Force is with me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rogue One on 10:14 - Dec 31 with 2122 viewslondonscottish

Rogue One on 08:50 - Dec 31 by Dorse

Hopefully going to wangle a second trip to see it over the weekend. I am one with the Force; the Force is with me.

LOL. That Chinese priest was brilliant.

As was his mate with the machine gun thing.

In fact there were some great characters and good acting.

I've only just twigged that the Death Star was the thing that was blown up in one of the other films.

(it's all a bit confusing if you're not a Star Wars head)

Rogue One on 13:46 - Jan 3 with 2067 viewsbob566

saw it yesterday. Brilliantly dark. Up there with star wars and empire. Loved it.
Rogue One on 14:06 - Jan 3 with 2048 viewsGloucs_R

Rogue One on 05:17 - Dec 31 by Hayesender

Took three short people to see it yesterday. The fact I didn't hear a sound out of any of em for over 2 hours speaks volumes.

I also loved it

??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rogue One on 08:29 - Jan 19 with 1913 viewsconnell10

I watched it a couple of days ago and thought it was brilliant, loved it and loved the grim ending!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rogue One on 11:29 - Jan 19 with 1840 viewsBasingstokeR

Ep.V
Ep.IV
Ep.VI
Ep.VII
R1
Ep.1
Ep.2
Ep.3
Evil Les

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising