Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro completes medical!! 13:30 - Jan 9 with 15042 viewsrichranger

It seems that Sandro has completed a medical for his move to Antalyaspor. Doesn't say whether he passed it though :>)

In other news, Polter could be going to FC Union Berlin

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/sandro-completes-medical-ahead-planned-move
Sandro completes medical!! on 13:34 - Jan 10 with 2889 viewsHunterhoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:05 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

“Sandro’s a proper footballer and a top class professional — he’s an absolutely fantastic signing for us. I couldn’t be more pleased.

“He’s been a massive target of mine all summer and I honestly didn’t think we’d be able to pull it off — it’s a real statement from the club, from the owners, to bring in a player of his undoubted ability.

“He brings energy, aggression, power and quality. They call him the Beast. He’s not only a top quality footballer, but a fantastic boy as well. He’ll lead by example for us.

“Tottenham fans loved him and I’m sure the QPR fans will too.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/010914-qpr-sign-sandro-from-spurs-1892074.aspx

Great work, Bri.

I'm sure the massive transfer fee, and huge agent payments swirling around this deal had nothing to do with the reason for signing him. Sure Chris Samba was exactly the same.

Let this serve as a reminder why 'Arry was a pox on this club, for which we are still paying the price.

Hoos and Les are still clearing up his mess. And he is precisely the case in point why you need a DoF (and for someone as egotistical and naïve as Fernandes to be far away from the decision making).

Remember, 'Arry didn't want a DoF above him. I wonder why?

Great work by Les to finally shift this beast.
Sandro completes medical!! on 13:36 - Jan 10 with 2878 viewsA40Bosh

Sandro completes medical!! on 23:17 - Jan 9 by DannyPaddox

I think I know how Rangers have got away with this.

Figging

The word comes from the 18th century. Unscrupulous horse dealers would insert a peeled ginger root into the anus of a slow or half dead horse. The horse would become lively and hold its tail better.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=figging

That is an expression I intend to bring in to daily use with our software development and service quality assurance teams forthwith.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:47 - Jan 10 with 2836 viewsElHoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:34 - Jan 10 by Hunterhoop

Great work, Bri.

I'm sure the massive transfer fee, and huge agent payments swirling around this deal had nothing to do with the reason for signing him. Sure Chris Samba was exactly the same.

Let this serve as a reminder why 'Arry was a pox on this club, for which we are still paying the price.

Hoos and Les are still clearing up his mess. And he is precisely the case in point why you need a DoF (and for someone as egotistical and naïve as Fernandes to be far away from the decision making).

Remember, 'Arry didn't want a DoF above him. I wonder why?

Great work by Les to finally shift this beast.

I was actually thinking that Ollie was the one to thank for this event, as he actually dusted him off and cheered him up and gave him a few games, without which he wouldn't have appeared even on a Turkish radar system. Les was alongside JFH when he didn't get a kick other than in the cups.
Sandro completes medical!! on 13:51 - Jan 10 with 2820 viewsaston_hoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:47 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

I was actually thinking that Ollie was the one to thank for this event, as he actually dusted him off and cheered him up and gave him a few games, without which he wouldn't have appeared even on a Turkish radar system. Les was alongside JFH when he didn't get a kick other than in the cups.

To be honest, on the ridiculously small chance that a few random Turkish sides were at Loftus Road and randomly realised that Sandro existed, do we think his performances made him stand out so much that they signed him? Imagine his agent has been working overtime touting him to every club in existence until we finally said that he could go for free and then a couple took a punt on him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 2735 viewsElHoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:51 - Jan 10 by aston_hoop

To be honest, on the ridiculously small chance that a few random Turkish sides were at Loftus Road and randomly realised that Sandro existed, do we think his performances made him stand out so much that they signed him? Imagine his agent has been working overtime touting him to every club in existence until we finally said that he could go for free and then a couple took a punt on him.

Well it was at least evident that he wanted to play football, and could do so for an hour or so. Before then everyone was saying that he's always injured and this and that but nobody 'official' said that he was actually injured most of the time. So thanks to Holloway from me anyway.

And give Sandro some sort of credit. Not many people would go to Turkey at the moment and presumably he's on less money now, albeit for longer than he had left here. I'm fecking sure that SWP wouldn't have gone out there.
Sandro completes medical!! on 14:13 - Jan 10 with 2687 viewsNorthernr

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:03 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

Well it was at least evident that he wanted to play football, and could do so for an hour or so. Before then everyone was saying that he's always injured and this and that but nobody 'official' said that he was actually injured most of the time. So thanks to Holloway from me anyway.

And give Sandro some sort of credit. Not many people would go to Turkey at the moment and presumably he's on less money now, albeit for longer than he had left here. I'm fecking sure that SWP wouldn't have gone out there.

Are you his fcking mum or something? Some sort of credit? Not many people would go to Turkey? He's been handed (another) three and a half year contract on the sort of money 99% of people can only dream of to play a sport he's physically incapable of playing - being fit to play very, very poorly indeed for one hour every three games is not fit to play.

I admire his agent, that guy must be one of the best in the world, but credit for Sandro? Fck me sideways.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sandro completes medical!! on 14:14 - Jan 10 with 2678 viewsBklynRanger

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:05 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

“Sandro’s a proper footballer and a top class professional — he’s an absolutely fantastic signing for us. I couldn’t be more pleased.

“He’s been a massive target of mine all summer and I honestly didn’t think we’d be able to pull it off — it’s a real statement from the club, from the owners, to bring in a player of his undoubted ability.

“He brings energy, aggression, power and quality. They call him the Beast. He’s not only a top quality footballer, but a fantastic boy as well. He’ll lead by example for us.

“Tottenham fans loved him and I’m sure the QPR fans will too.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/010914-qpr-sign-sandro-from-spurs-1892074.aspx

I remember being completely crippled by food poisoning the day we signed him. I knew that would be the high point of his time with us.

Compare that deal to Lee Cook waiving his signing bonus.

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:15 - Jan 10 with 2662 viewsElHoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:13 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Are you his fcking mum or something? Some sort of credit? Not many people would go to Turkey? He's been handed (another) three and a half year contract on the sort of money 99% of people can only dream of to play a sport he's physically incapable of playing - being fit to play very, very poorly indeed for one hour every three games is not fit to play.

I admire his agent, that guy must be one of the best in the world, but credit for Sandro? Fck me sideways.

Yeah but he's gone.

You really don't get this game do you Clive.
Login to get fewer ads

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 2660 viewsFDC

Sandro completes medical!! on 12:07 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

Sandro (age 27) joins his new team mates. Ahmet (age 22), a dynamic box-to-box central midfielder shown here on Sandro's right, is rumoured to be coming the over way
Sandro completes medical!! on 14:25 - Jan 10 with 2617 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sandro completes medical!! on 13:47 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

True too. Credit to both Ollie and Les.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:37 - Jan 10 with 2546 viewsNorthernr

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:15 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

Yeah but he's gone.

You really don't get this game do you Clive.

I don't get why you're wearing his arse as a hat. Pound for pound the worst signing we've ever made - works out at £4,000 a minute. Credit to Sandro. I'm done. I'll be in the pub.
Sandro completes medical!! on 14:45 - Jan 10 with 2499 viewsElHoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:37 - Jan 10 by Northernr

I don't get why you're wearing his arse as a hat. Pound for pound the worst signing we've ever made - works out at £4,000 a minute. Credit to Sandro. I'm done. I'll be in the pub.

I really don't get your drift on this subject - from way back in the process.

I actually said 'give him some credit' as he didn't do an SWP and I wouldn't go and work in Turkey whatever you paid me.

You consistently never wanted to play him or give him the time of day, and we'd have pissed another six months wages up the wall as he ran down his contract. Maybe that was the correct view for all i know. Piss more money up the wall bye bye. I felt that giving him the odd game or appearance wasn't going to do too much harm and it meant there was some chance of unloading him or he might have even made a contribution on the pitch. In the end he contributed little in the few league games he did play, but he did depart as a result.

You can drink as much as you want mate but he's gone now. Get over it.
Sandro completes medical!! on 14:48 - Jan 10 with 2480 viewsSimonJames

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:37 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Worse than SWP?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 14:51]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:53 - Jan 10 with 2443 viewsNorthernr

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:48 - Jan 10 by SimonJames

Worse than SWP?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 14:51]

For money spent and minutes played in return yes, far worse.
Sandro completes medical!! on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2421 viewsNorthernr

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:45 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

I actually said 'give him some credit' as he didn't do an SWP and I wouldn't go and work in Turkey whatever you paid me.

You consistently never wanted to play him or give him the time of day, and we'd have pissed another six months wages up the wall as he ran down his contract. Maybe that was the correct view for all i know. Piss more money up the wall bye bye. I felt that giving him the odd game or appearance wasn't going to do too much harm and it meant there was some chance of unloading him or he might have even made a contribution on the pitch. In the end he contributed little in the few league games he did play, but he did depart as a result.

"You consistently never wanted to play him or give him the time of day"

No, I consistently said he's not fit to play. Successive QPR managers knew it, QPR knew it, Sporting Lisbon knew it, Tottenham knew it, anybody who's suffered his fleeting appearances in the flesh over the past couple of months knew it, anybody who takes the time to look at his appearance record since he arrived in this country in 2010 knew it, ever physio that's ever treated him knew it - ask them. Everybody knows it. He's not fit to play. He's not even the age he says he is on his passport, it's a standing joke round the club.

"but he did depart as a result"

No he didn't. He departed as the result of his agent banging away for months trying to get him something. If you honestly believe either of those Turkish clubs have been watching his odd hour here and there and have signed him as a result of that you're actually mad. If they had, they wouldn't have gone near him, because they'd have seen Rotherham players running rings round him and such like.

" I wouldn't go and work in Turkey whatever you paid me."

If somebody offered my £5,000 a week to go and sit in Turkey watching football matches and having the occasional massage from the club physio I'd be on the next plane. Chances are he's on many, many, many times that.

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:59 - Jan 10 with 2410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:45 - Jan 10 by ElHoop

I think this one could be lost on translation, El.

I get your point and it's worked out well us playing him to get shot of him, you're 100% correct.

But I also get Clive's point - he's swapped a six-month contract on silly money for a 42-month contract on (presumably) lesser money plus a signing-on fee. I think he's had a good day, so I wouldn't be giving him any credit, all told.

Anyway, as you say, he's gone now, thanks Christ.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sandro completes medical!! on 15:10 - Jan 10 with 2345 viewsElHoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:59 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I get your point and it's worked out well us playing him to get shot of him, you're 100% correct.

But I also get Clive's point - he's swapped a six-month contract on silly money for a 42-month contract on (presumably) lesser money plus a signing-on fee. I think he's had a good day, so I wouldn't be giving him any credit, all told.

It's no big deal Brian. He could possibly have gone to Turkey after he'd run down his contract, or somewhere else, I don't know. Compared to how SWP just 'disappeared' I feel that Sandro did at least make an effort. Yeah sure there's an element of self-interest but Clive has had the guns aimed on this one for a long time so it's no surprise that he's gone in again. It's fine.
Sandro completes medical!! on 15:10 - Jan 10 with 2342 viewsLongsufferingR

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:59 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh so it's Christ who's taking the credit for this one now is it? You can't go blaming Ferdinand for the deals that go wrong and then give Christ all the credit for shifting Sandro.
Sandro completes medical!! on 15:27 - Jan 10 with 2269 viewspaulparker

Sandro completes medical!! on 14:58 - Jan 10 by Northernr

"You consistently never wanted to play him or give him the time of day"

No, I consistently said he's not fit to play. Successive QPR managers knew it, QPR knew it, Sporting Lisbon knew it, Tottenham knew it, anybody who's suffered his fleeting appearances in the flesh over the past couple of months knew it, anybody who takes the time to look at his appearance record since he arrived in this country in 2010 knew it, ever physio that's ever treated him knew it - ask them. Everybody knows it. He's not fit to play. He's not even the age he says he is on his passport, it's a standing joke round the club.

"but he did depart as a result"

No he didn't. He departed as the result of his agent banging away for months trying to get him something. If you honestly believe either of those Turkish clubs have been watching his odd hour here and there and have signed him as a result of that you're actually mad. If they had, they wouldn't have gone near him, because they'd have seen Rotherham players running rings round him and such like.

" I wouldn't go and work in Turkey whatever you paid me."

If somebody offered my £5,000 a week to go and sit in Turkey watching football matches and having the occasional massage from the club physio I'd be on the next plane. Chances are he's on many, many, many times that.

Which begs the question how much did candle face cop out of this deal
ive said many times its my opinion and all alleged of course that bagpuss went to levy and said , you know what I can get sandro off your hands ive got a right mug here in tony give me a couple of weeks and il work on him , of course il have a drink out of it
no one and I mean no one on this MB from miserable gits like me to happy clappers thought this was a good signing
he has been injured since day dot , and then we had that laughable excuse that he did his knees celebrating a goal in training , I don't know how redcrap kept a straight face

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sandro completes medical!! on 15:31 - Jan 10 with 2232 viewsLongsufferingR

Sandro completes medical!! on 15:27 - Jan 10 by paulparker

ive said many times its my opinion and all alleged of course that bagpuss went to levy and said , you know what I can get sandro off your hands ive got a right mug here in tony give me a couple of weeks and il work on him , of course il have a drink out of it
no one and I mean no one on this MB from miserable gits like me to happy clappers thought this was a good signing
he has been injured since day dot , and then we had that laughable excuse that he did his knees celebrating a goal in training , I don't know how redcrap kept a straight face

In response to your last line, he hasn't had a straight face for many many years.
Sandro completes medical!! on 15:41 - Jan 10 with 2189 viewsElHoop

Sandro completes medical!! on 15:27 - Jan 10 by paulparker

You're right, nobody on here has said that he was a good signing to my knowledge, not in the recent past anyway. 26 weeks at £50k a week is £1.30m - real live money not some statistic - so if this is put to good use then maybe something will be salvaged from the total wreck of a deal.
Sandro completes medical!! on 16:03 - Jan 10 with 2136 viewsElHoop

He's been training haha

Sandro completes medical!! on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 1990 viewsA40Bosh

Just catching up with this thread again

Thanks..............

Some of the two and fro on this last couple of pages has made oi larf

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Sandro completes medical!! on 18:35 - Jan 10 with 1930 viewsBoston

I haven't forgotten the day a few years back when I was negotiating a deal with a Brazilian sub contractor. Work out of the way the talk turned to football and I mentioned my support of Queens Park Rangers and that we had two Brazilian on our books, Julio Cesar and Sandro. Hmm he grunted and in broken English informed me that he'd never heard of us but could tell from our players that we knew nothing about football.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sandro completes medical!! on 18:38 - Jan 10 with 1915 viewsBoston

Sandro completes medical!! on 18:35 - Jan 10 by Boston

I haven't forgotten the day a few years back when I was negotiating a deal with a Brazilian sub contractor. Work out of the way the talk turned to football and I mentioned my support of Queens Park Rangers and that we had two Brazilian on our books, Julio Cesar and Sandro. Hmm he grunted and in broken English informed me that he'd never heard of us but could tell from our players that we knew nothing about football.

...just reminded by someone else at that meeting that the words used were ,"you are no good"!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024