Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Payet on strike? 10:42 - Jan 12 with 10455 viewsstuabd

Apparently won't play for the Hammers as he wants a move. I'd love it if they stick to their guns and don't sell him.

Shame as he's a cracking player.

Payet on strike? on 10:45 - Jan 12 with 7458 viewsbosh67

This really does annoy me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38595765

As if Bilic doesn't have enough problems there. One good tournament and the guy thinks he's better than the club. Yes, he is a great player, but at the tender age of 29, that has only been in the last few seasons. Sell him to China, buy someone else. But agree, possibly let him rot his contract out. Players are so spoilt and the reality is that Bilic is one of the best people he will work under.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Payet on strike? on 10:46 - Jan 12 with 7453 viewsRs_Holy

will there be talks through the night with management?... Beer and pizza delivered at midnight?

[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 10:47]
Payet on strike? on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 7437 viewsfrancisbowles

They should threaten to sue him in the courts for breach of contract. Being without an £x million pound player. Recovery of his value from him. That might wake up a few of these greedy, money grabbing, self interested ******s.
Payet on strike? on 10:51 - Jan 12 with 7417 viewsdaveB

He's not refusing to play though, he just said he wants to leave. Bilic has thrown him under a bus with these comments
Payet on strike? on 10:54 - Jan 12 with 7389 viewsKonk

Payet on strike? on 10:49 - Jan 12 by francisbowles

They should threaten to sue him in the courts for breach of contract. Being without an £x million pound player. Recovery of his value from him. That might wake up a few of these greedy, money grabbing, self interested ******s.

Hasn't he got about four years left on his contract? This sort of thing absolutely does my nut in. He earns an absolute bundle at WHU, he knew he wasn't signing for a Championship or CL contender when he signed his new contract and yet he now wants to leave. The PFA will probably be on the phone in 10 minutes warning WHU not to upset him. The only pleasing aspect of this story is that it's happening to WHU.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Payet on strike? on 10:58 - Jan 12 with 7357 viewsToast_R

If true, what a w@nker.

On the other side of the coin, I'd find it very funny if the Wet Spammers went down this season.
Payet on strike? on 11:05 - Jan 12 with 7317 viewsthame_hoops

Payet on strike? on 10:51 - Jan 12 by daveB

He's not refusing to play though, he just said he wants to leave. Bilic has thrown him under a bus with these comments

DaveB as sanctimonious as ever...I can pretty much guarantee what you'll post depenending on the subject
Payet on strike? on 11:09 - Jan 12 with 7301 viewskensalriser

Is clearly much better than WHU. Of course he wants to leave. And I hope he does, I'd love to see them go down.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Payet on strike? on 11:13 - Jan 12 with 7281 viewsAntti_Heinola

Payet on strike? on 10:54 - Jan 12 by Konk

Hasn't he got about four years left on his contract? This sort of thing absolutely does my nut in. He earns an absolute bundle at WHU, he knew he wasn't signing for a Championship or CL contender when he signed his new contract and yet he now wants to leave. The PFA will probably be on the phone in 10 minutes warning WHU not to upset him. The only pleasing aspect of this story is that it's happening to WHU.

Yeah, but West Ham offered him the deal. They offered him a long deal because if he wanted to leave then they could extract the maximum amount from any potential buyer. If he refused to sign last Feb and then, SWP-style, he just sat on his contract and left on a free he'd get criticised then too, and the club would get nothing.
Sounds like he's being an arse, no doubt, but we all sign contracts in work and we're all allowed to break them whenever we want (with notice). If he's got another offer, the club really should just look for a replacement (a good club would already have a list of replacements) and then get the best price.
I've no doubt West Ham in their past have preyed upon 'an unhappy player' at other clubs.

Bare bones.

Payet on strike? on 11:15 - Jan 12 with 7266 viewsTacticalR

To protect the state's investment and maintain West Ham's position the London Legacy Development Corporation will probably have to step in and fund a pay rise.

Air hostess clique

Payet on strike? on 11:18 - Jan 12 with 7253 viewsPinnerPaul

Payet on strike? on 10:51 - Jan 12 by daveB

If he wants to leave, he doesn't want to play - no?
Payet on strike? on 11:19 - Jan 12 with 7245 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyway its all fine by me, anything that upsets Brady, Sullivan and Gold - especially after what they said about Sir Charlie is fine by me!
Payet on strike? on 11:19 - Jan 12 with 7243 viewsKonk

Payet on strike? on 11:13 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, but West Ham offered him the deal. They offered him a long deal because if he wanted to leave then they could extract the maximum amount from any potential buyer. If he refused to sign last Feb and then, SWP-style, he just sat on his contract and left on a free he'd get criticised then too, and the club would get nothing.
Sounds like he's being an arse, no doubt, but we all sign contracts in work and we're all allowed to break them whenever we want (with notice). If he's got another offer, the club really should just look for a replacement (a good club would already have a list of replacements) and then get the best price.
I've no doubt West Ham in their past have preyed upon 'an unhappy player' at other clubs.

The Guardian's piece suggests he's refusing to train or play at the weekend - that's what I get the hump about. We've had the same issue with Chris Martin being "injured" since Steve sodding McClaren announced Derby wanted him back. And I don't think it's as simple as a normal person "resigning" because if you sign a player on £100k pw expecting them to score 10-15 goals a season and it turns out they're completely sh ite, you can't just get rid of them, in the same way that you could with a salesman that couldn't sell anything or a software developer who couldn't code; you'd have to keep paying them until the end of their contract. See Winston Bogarde for more details (although that was hilarious). The upside of a footballer's contract is the security, the theoretical downside is the lack of mobility mid-contract.

Payet on strike? on 11:21 - Jan 12 with 7227 viewssmegma

He's over rated. A few free kick goals a season doesn't make you a great player. His work rate is atrocious. I wouldn't even have him in their top 5 players.
Payet on strike? on 11:23 - Jan 12 with 7213 viewsdaveB

Payet on strike? on 11:18 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

If he wants to leave, he doesn't want to play - no?

He might not want to play but he's not refusing to play, he was in the team last weekend. No doubt Payet is acting a bit of a prat but not sure what West Ham have to gain but making this public. All that will happen is fans will boo him at the weekend so he'll then down tools and no one wins. They should have sold him last summer when they had the chance
Payet on strike? on 11:24 - Jan 12 with 7198 viewsPinnerPaul

Payet on strike? on 11:21 - Jan 12 by smegma

He's over rated. A few free kick goals a season doesn't make you a great player. His work rate is atrocious. I wouldn't even have him in their top 5 players.

Probably squeeze into our first 11 though?
Payet on strike? on 11:28 - Jan 12 with 7177 viewsPinnerPaul

Payet on strike? on 11:23 - Jan 12 by daveB

He might not want to play but he's not refusing to play, he was in the team last weekend. No doubt Payet is acting a bit of a prat but not sure what West Ham have to gain but making this public. All that will happen is fans will boo him at the weekend so he'll then down tools and no one wins. They should have sold him last summer when they had the chance

Yeah agree with that last statement - except of course, this being football, after a half decent season West Ham were expecting to be challenging for top 4 this season!

Players have all the power now - contracts have to be paid up if they are sold, but they can effectively up sticks and leave whenever they want.

Despite the rhetoric surrounding these situations, once a player says he wants to leave, who would pick him after that?
Payet on strike? on 11:30 - Jan 12 with 7159 viewssmegma

Payet on strike? on 11:24 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Probably squeeze into our first 11 though?

That's not the point though.
Payet on strike? on 11:32 - Jan 12 with 7148 viewsheadhoops

It's January - the French always strike over something or other at this time of year. C'est la vie.

Relegation, stadium security, player munity - You have to feel sorry for the Brady Bunch, dontcha?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Payet on strike? on 11:34 - Jan 12 with 7136 viewsbob566

kind of reminds me of taraabt. Career doing nothing. Somebody takes a punt on you and you have a belter of a season and now you're bigger than the club you signed for.

I appreciate that players set their sights higher but for gods sake at least try and honour your contract for a couple of years.
Payet on strike? on 11:35 - Jan 12 with 7129 viewsTacticalR

Payet on strike? on 11:19 - Jan 12 by Konk

The Guardian's piece suggests he's refusing to train or play at the weekend - that's what I get the hump about. We've had the same issue with Chris Martin being "injured" since Steve sodding McClaren announced Derby wanted him back. And I don't think it's as simple as a normal person "resigning" because if you sign a player on £100k pw expecting them to score 10-15 goals a season and it turns out they're completely sh ite, you can't just get rid of them, in the same way that you could with a salesman that couldn't sell anything or a software developer who couldn't code; you'd have to keep paying them until the end of their contract. See Winston Bogarde for more details (although that was hilarious). The upside of a footballer's contract is the security, the theoretical downside is the lack of mobility mid-contract.

McClaren looks very irresponsible over the Chris Martin case.

Air hostess clique

Payet on strike? on 11:40 - Jan 12 with 7110 viewsMick_S

Replacement already chosen.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Payet on strike? on 11:43 - Jan 12 with 7092 viewsKonk

Payet on strike? on 11:35 - Jan 12 by TacticalR

McClaren looks very irresponsible over the Chris Martin case.

To be fair to McClaren, after talking to the media and no doubt to Martin and his agent about how he’d never have let Martin leave and would love to have him back at Derby if it could be arranged, and that he’d love to offer him a new contract, he did say that he didn’t want to get involved and it was up to both clubs’ boards to sort out (even though we have him on loan for the season and have told both Derby and fat cu nt Martin that we have no intention of him returning to Derby). Which was thoughtful of him. The cu nt.

Payet on strike? on 12:11 - Jan 12 with 7038 viewsPinnerPaul

Payet on strike? on 11:30 - Jan 12 by smegma

That's not the point though.

Irony alert - we have enough serious stuff about our own team surely we can be a bit light hearted about another clubs woes!

Keep smiling!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 12:12]
Payet on strike? on 12:53 - Jan 12 with 6935 viewsterryb

Payet on strike? on 11:43 - Jan 12 by Konk

To be fair to McClaren, after talking to the media and no doubt to Martin and his agent about how he’d never have let Martin leave and would love to have him back at Derby if it could be arranged, and that he’d love to offer him a new contract, he did say that he didn’t want to get involved and it was up to both clubs’ boards to sort out (even though we have him on loan for the season and have told both Derby and fat cu nt Martin that we have no intention of him returning to Derby). Which was thoughtful of him. The cu nt.

Konk, I thought you would have been quite happy with Martin retuning!

I seem to recall you being rather scathing about his playing & scoring ability, let alone his physique, especially after our well deserved victory at The Cottage!

It is very underhanded by Derby though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024