Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lynch 11:51 - Jan 13 with 2830 viewskingsburyR

If that's correct that Lynch played the full 90 mins with broken ribs then he's the right sort and finally we have the staff in place to drag this club forward!

Cant see most players 4 years ago doing that!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Lynch on 11:52 - Jan 13 with 2809 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reminds me of a more mobile Richard Dunne.
Lynch on 11:54 - Jan 13 with 2788 viewsBoston

I've been quite impressed by Lynch's recent performances.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lynch on 12:06 - Jan 13 with 2726 viewsDorse

Most players 4 years ago would have cried off with hair strain.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lynch on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 2682 viewsTacticalR

In his post-match interview Holloway said that Lynch had a broken rib
http://www.skysports.com/football/reading-vs-qpr/358418

Air hostess clique

Lynch on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 2677 viewsMytch_QPR

Lynch on 12:06 - Jan 13 by Dorse

Most players 4 years ago would have cried off with hair strain.

4 years ago we would have had Kranjcar in the dressing room with a whole tray of spare ribs. Sorted.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Lynch on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 2652 viewsrobith

Or he made it worse and will miss more time than if he'd not played Reading.

Playing through injuries is bizarrely lauded by all, despite it having a detrimental effect long term for both player and team
Lynch on 12:17 - Jan 13 with 2640 viewsDorse

Lynch on 12:15 - Jan 13 by robith

Playing through injuries is bizarrely lauded by all, despite it having a detrimental effect long term for both player and team

The prosecution rests, Your Honour.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lynch on 12:18 - Jan 13 with 2627 viewsrobith

Lynch on 12:17 - Jan 13 by Dorse

The prosecution rests, Your Honour.

The plural of anecdote isn't evidence.
Login to get fewer ads

Lynch on 13:41 - Jan 13 with 2445 viewskingo

Lynch on 12:12 - Jan 13 by TacticalR

In his post-match interview Holloway said that Lynch had a broken rib
http://www.skysports.com/football/reading-vs-qpr/358418

He got really battered by that Sam Gallagher of Blackburn last Saturday, some fair but most not.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Lynch on 14:01 - Jan 13 with 2354 viewsGloucs_R

4 years ago there was more chance of players tucking into ribs before a game...

[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 14:04]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lynch on 14:12 - Jan 13 with 2301 viewsHunterhoop

Lynch has actually been playing with a broken rib since Wolves, I believe.

Holloway has mentioned it a couple of times. This isn't the first game he's played with a broken rib, certainly. It's at least 2 or 3 now.

Yeah, he seems to be the right sort. Makes the odd error, but had an excellent game last night. My Watford supporting mate was very impressed with him.

HIm and Onouha are the partnership. They compliment each other and are a similar partnership to Dunne and Onouha, which had the league record that season for fewest goals that conceded in the season we went up.
Lynch on 23:49 - Jan 13 with 1985 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lynch on 12:18 - Jan 13 by robith

The plural of anecdote isn't evidence.

That's a lovely line, I must remember that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lynch on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 1603 viewsGloryHunter

Depends which rib, doesn't it? If it's one of the higher ones, next to the lung, then it's excruciating, and you can hardly breathe. But you can crack one of the lower "floating" ribs and carry on. Not that I don't appreciate JL - I'm a big fan.
Lynch on 22:16 - Jan 15 with 1554 viewsqueensparker

Having broken a few in my time thanks to Sunday League there's nothing you can do about treating them anyway. It's f--king agony if it's one that you can feel every time you breathe but given he's playing it can't be one of those.

Load up on the painkillers and keep on like you are Joel, good man
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 22:16]
Lynch on 00:55 - Jan 16 with 1438 viewsNeil_SI

Lynch on 12:15 - Jan 13 by robith

Yes, I agree with this.

I have been really frustrated with how many times we've allowed injured players to continue playing on and making their problems worse. We've taken an awful lot of risks with our players when we shouldn't have.

Lynch has already been in and out of the side in the early part of the season, after being allowed to carry on playing and making his injury worse. The same happened to Jack Robinson (now nowhere to be seen again after his ACL injury) and Jordon Cousins (a good three or four strains before this thigh tear), and I think, probably Sebastian Polter too. And then we threw Jamie Mackie back into action and playing two full on 90 minutes in the space of a few days after 8 months out, but luckily have gotten away with it so far.

It's just not very clever. I know we've been a bit desperate for results, but you don't want to do that at the expense of having players out for months on end.
Lynch on 01:12 - Jan 16 with 1418 viewsBoston

And yay, Holloway doth taketh the broken rib and maketh the woman, though she might not be the best looking bird....
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 1:13]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lynch on 09:22 - Jan 16 with 1266 viewsfrancisbowles

Lynch on 00:55 - Jan 16 by Neil_SI

Yes, I agree with this.

I have been really frustrated with how many times we've allowed injured players to continue playing on and making their problems worse. We've taken an awful lot of risks with our players when we shouldn't have.

Lynch has already been in and out of the side in the early part of the season, after being allowed to carry on playing and making his injury worse. The same happened to Jack Robinson (now nowhere to be seen again after his ACL injury) and Jordon Cousins (a good three or four strains before this thigh tear), and I think, probably Sebastian Polter too. And then we threw Jamie Mackie back into action and playing two full on 90 minutes in the space of a few days after 8 months out, but luckily have gotten away with it so far.

It's just not very clever. I know we've been a bit desperate for results, but you don't want to do that at the expense of having players out for months on end.

and then we played Mackie as a lone striker in the cup! Wtf! I know we were all out of strikers but surely we had a more appropriate option.

He has made such a difference, we cannot afford to lose him again.
Lynch on 10:07 - Jan 16 with 1227 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lynch on 09:22 - Jan 16 by francisbowles

and then we played Mackie as a lone striker in the cup! Wtf! I know we were all out of strikers but surely we had a more appropriate option.

He has made such a difference, we cannot afford to lose him again.

But he played in the U-23s, didn't he, one or two games?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lynch on 10:45 - Jan 16 with 1188 viewsfrancisbowles

Lynch on 10:07 - Jan 16 by isawqpratwcity

But he played in the U-23s, didn't he, one or two games?

Yes but he played at Wolves on the 31st and home to Ipswich on the 2nd. That is without the 'normal minimum two day recovery'.

We got away with that but then not to rest him in the cup, against Blackburn of all teams where he got his original bad injury in our promotion season.

Oh well done now and so far he is going great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024