Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diego Costa 22:09 - Jan 13 with 6627 viewsDWQPR

Greedy, greedy knut. Hopefully he has just destroyed their title challenge. £30 million a year to play in China.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Diego Costa on 10:12 - Jan 14 with 2159 viewsPlanetHonneywood

He's been offered £30m a year you say....like none of us would grab it!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Diego Costa on 10:51 - Jan 14 with 2071 viewsJamie

Diego Costa on 08:21 - Jan 14 by kingsburyR

Am I the only one who things will go pop in China very quickly and all of these players will eventually get knocked?

Who are they going to run to, FIFA (Corrupt), The Chinese Government (Still partly Communist) or Their agents (got their cash already)?

I can see no good coming out of these players going to China apart from it weeds out the wheat from the Chaff (or Mercenaries)

No, this has all been thought of.

Players going over are being paid two years salary upfront in cash. In return they must stay for at least 6 months.

Sounds like a joke but completely true.

Who wouldn't take £60m cash tax-free to sit in the presidential suite of a Chinese hotel for 6 months. Even better for Costa, he can then go to Atletico in the summer like he tried to last summer.
Diego Costa on 11:01 - Jan 14 with 2039 viewsFredManRave

Diego Costa on 22:25 - Jan 13 by DannyPaddox

Got a massive season-long accumulator on the go and currently the scum are the only one nixxing it. Hot on the heels of the Spuds defeat this would be a massive blow for them. China's a lovely place Diego.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 22:27]

Is that a photo of that macaque, the one caught shagging two dear, at his beastiality sentencing?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Diego Costa on 11:38 - Jan 14 with 1955 viewsDannyPaddox

Diego Costa on 11:01 - Jan 14 by FredManRave

Is that a photo of that macaque, the one caught shagging two dear, at his beastiality sentencing?!

Never mind Chery and Costa that macaque has been unfairly castigated by the world's media. I mean that was one good looking deer!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 11:39]
Diego Costa on 11:39 - Jan 14 with 1950 viewswood_hoop

Diego Costa on 10:51 - Jan 14 by Jamie

No, this has all been thought of.

Players going over are being paid two years salary upfront in cash. In return they must stay for at least 6 months.

Sounds like a joke but completely true.

Who wouldn't take £60m cash tax-free to sit in the presidential suite of a Chinese hotel for 6 months. Even better for Costa, he can then go to Atletico in the summer like he tried to last summer.

This is where we differ so much from many playing the game, our loyalties are very much to one club and one country, so many players don't feel the same obligations.

If personality tests were part of the equation with many of the deals being touted about, a lot of the players would end up paying the clubs !

Seems that players have an obsession for taking the lorry loads of cash being lobbed their way but in many cases it comes across as pure greed, Costa must be sitting very well financially off after his time with the 'scum' and would have thought that his family was very secure for decades to come.

I have no doubt that things will go tits up in China in a few years as their competitions will have absolutely no interest outside of their borders, unlike the main Euro leagues and cups where it really is world wide, the media money kings, Sky etc might find it a tad difficult getting a kid from Sheperds Bush or Salford getting their thrills from watching Bejing Utd or Hong Kong Rangers on a 'Super Sunday'.
Diego Costa on 12:29 - Jan 14 with 1864 viewsBoston

I have no problem with the Chinese League or their buying of whomever, more the merrier in my book, can't name half the Premier players as it is and can't pronounce the names of most of the rest.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Diego Costa on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 1825 viewsLythamR

"I have no doubt that things will go tits up in China in a few years as their competitions will have absolutely no interest outside of their borders, unlike the main Euro leagues and cups where it really is world wide"

----------

I am not as convinced about this. there is a massive hunger for live football in asia but in order to see top quality players live you have in most cases to stay up late or very very late for the majority of games

people in south east asia, indonesia, malaysia, the philipines, Korea, Japan will be able to watch top quality players live at a convenient time from Chinese league broadcasts.

Thats a big old chunk of the worlds population

As for Costa he already plays outside of his home country for a team he has no allegiance to so as a travelling mercenary why would he not go where he can earn the most money
Diego Costa on 13:05 - Jan 14 with 1794 viewsstowmarketrange

Diego Costa on 12:55 - Jan 14 by LythamR

"I have no doubt that things will go tits up in China in a few years as their competitions will have absolutely no interest outside of their borders, unlike the main Euro leagues and cups where it really is world wide"

----------

I am not as convinced about this. there is a massive hunger for live football in asia but in order to see top quality players live you have in most cases to stay up late or very very late for the majority of games

people in south east asia, indonesia, malaysia, the philipines, Korea, Japan will be able to watch top quality players live at a convenient time from Chinese league broadcasts.

As for Costa he already plays outside of his home country for a team he has no allegiance to so as a travelling mercenary why would he not go where he can earn the most money

Chinese clubs will probably get a invite into UEFA competitions like Israeli teams have.Money talks loudly in football circles.
Login to get fewer ads

Diego Costa on 13:35 - Jan 14 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Diego Costa on 13:05 - Jan 14 by stowmarketrange

Chinese clubs will probably get a invite into UEFA competitions like Israeli teams have.Money talks loudly in football circles.

Indeed. In the football world Israel is in Europe but Palestine is in Asia...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Diego Costa on 13:38 - Jan 14 with 1729 viewsdaveB

Diego Costa on 09:06 - Jan 14 by Brightonhoop

Yeah, fair enough Dave. I still think Chery should have seen the season out with us and gone in the summer.

Possibly but you then have a position where he's unsettled with one eye on a move and his form tails off which most likely is what happend in the last few weeks with us. Probably best for everyone to do it now and we move on
Diego Costa on 13:41 - Jan 14 with 1726 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think sky are already worried about this, did they not try to barter a deal to show games and were told to feck off.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Diego Costa on 13:41 - Jan 14 with 1724 viewsisawqpratwcity

Diego Costa on 13:35 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

A strong sentiment on this site is that we need weak teams in Asia to make Luongo look good.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Diego Costa on 13:52 - Jan 14 with 1707 viewswood_hoop

Diego Costa on 12:55 - Jan 14 by LythamR

----------

'I am not as convinced about this. there is a massive hunger for live football in asia but in order to see top quality players live you have in most cases to stay up late or very very late for the majority of games '

You make a good point about time differences, but then wouldn't put it past Sky to have games kick off at the crack of dawn if it meant money to them.

I do however think that football history is a good selling point and the likes of the Mancs, Scousers, Spuds, The Arse, The Milans, Madrid, Barca etc will take some dislodging as prime stages for events.

Not so sure that the very top (so called) players will venture to the Far East at the height of their careers, more of a good top up to pension funds from players slipping down towards the end of careers, surprised old Harry (fleece em dry) Rednapp hasn't landed a gimme gimme job out there, expert at signing up has beens for loads of dosh.

Will always get the odd money sponge, eg Costa, but still think that the main attraction will be Europe for many years, may get even more stupifying the wages dolled out by Prem clubs but the Chinese looking to win the World Cup in less than a couple of decades, really is wishful thinking.
Diego Costa on 13:53 - Jan 14 with 1704 viewsisawqpratwcity

Diego Costa on 13:38 - Jan 14 by daveB

Possibly but you then have a position where he's unsettled with one eye on a move and his form tails off which most likely is what happend in the last few weeks with us. Probably best for everyone to do it now and we move on

Another point is that the China Super League goes from Feb/March through to Nov/Dec.

Incidentally, Chery's new club, newly promoted Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng F.C., is based in Guiyang in inland Southern China. It is an region with a continental, sub-tropical Monsoon climate, moderately warm, but also wet and humid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiyang#Climate
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 13:54]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Diego Costa on 14:12 - Jan 14 with 1668 viewsMrSheen

Diego Costa on 13:35 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Israel were in Asia until they were expelled in 1974. They were Asian champions in 1964. They only joined UEFA in 1994. The only money that put them in Europe rather than Asia was Kuwaiti.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/22/israel-omission-from-asian-cup-

On the subject of China, it's not that popular at home, let alone around the world. The domestic perception, to the extent that anyone cares at all, is that it's rigged. Participation in the game is low, basketball is a much bigger deal.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 14:14]
Diego Costa on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 1850 viewsTGRRRSSS

The J League never took off in a big way and whilst China is far bigger and all that I believe it will be a flash in the pan out there, as stated elsewhere Basetball and Baseball I think) are far bigger deals.

This is an interesting moment and a few players will make a fortune but their career will falter and overall it is purely a money making exercise.

You think Costa doesnt care about Chelsea - quelle surprise.

Still don't think he'll care much for China either or whoever he will sign for.
Already murmurs in China about the money being spent...

I dare say China could make a splash longer term but don't think they will bit like the F1 they made a fuss fot a bit then realised it wasnt making any money and dropped it and refused to pay what Bernie wanted.

Flash in the pan.
Diego Costa on 23:32 - Jan 15 with 1768 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Diego Costa on 14:12 - Jan 14 by MrSheen

Israel were in Asia until they were expelled in 1974. They were Asian champions in 1964. They only joined UEFA in 1994. The only money that put them in Europe rather than Asia was Kuwaiti.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/22/israel-omission-from-asian-cup-

On the subject of China, it's not that popular at home, let alone around the world. The domestic perception, to the extent that anyone cares at all, is that it's rigged. Participation in the game is low, basketball is a much bigger deal.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 14:14]

Thanks for the background info, Sheen. Any more info would be great.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Diego Costa on 06:13 - Jan 16 with 1721 viewsthairanger

chery is a snide but a much cheaper one these no marks would go to live in Dogshitastan for an extra £10 on your way money grabbing tossers
Diego Costa on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 1612 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hilarious.

I wonder why people think we started attracting big names to the Prem? Or foreign names to the Championship? Oh, I'm sure it was every young Croatian boy's dream to play in the FA Cup against Blackburn. They just want to test themselves in the 'Best League in the World' (ha ha). Nothing to do with the monstrous wages being paid here.

And the idea that any one of us here or anywhere else would not take the offer of going to live in another country for a couple of years doing the same job, knowing that by the age of 35 you and your entire family would be looked after for the rest of your life and you'd never have to work again if you didn't want is priceless.

Bare bones.

Diego Costa on 11:44 - Jan 16 with 1584 views2Thomas2Bowles

Diego Costa on 11:17 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

Hilarious.

I wonder why people think we started attracting big names to the Prem? Or foreign names to the Championship? Oh, I'm sure it was every young Croatian boy's dream to play in the FA Cup against Blackburn. They just want to test themselves in the 'Best League in the World' (ha ha). Nothing to do with the monstrous wages being paid here.

And the idea that any one of us here or anywhere else would not take the offer of going to live in another country for a couple of years doing the same job, knowing that by the age of 35 you and your entire family would be looked after for the rest of your life and you'd never have to work again if you didn't want is priceless.

I've done the working in another country for a lot more money, I hated it but then it was France and full of french people.

Diego Costa on 12:43 - Jan 16 with 1555 viewsAntti_Heinola

Diego Costa on 11:44 - Jan 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I've done the working in another country for a lot more money, I hated it but then it was France and full of french people.

Great country, lovely people, never had a moment's problem with them in the decades I've been going. I always wonder where this comes from. They seem perfectly nice - certainly no better or worse than what we have here.

Bare bones.

Diego Costa on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 1540 viewsCamberleyR

Diego Costa on 12:43 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

Great country, lovely people, never had a moment's problem with them in the decades I've been going. I always wonder where this comes from. They seem perfectly nice - certainly no better or worse than what we have here.

The French, well certainly the ones I encountered on holiday in Portugal this year, are downright fúcking rude.

For a moment there AH you sounded like Redknapp.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Diego Costa on 12:56 - Jan 16 with 1532 viewsLblock

I started reading this in a French version of Candle Face's voice.... disconcerting

"Le Fen-tast-iche"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Diego Costa on 12:59 - Jan 16 with 1522 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well it was on the building of Disney
The British companies were cheaper, better and would work all hours.

The Frence companies and workers did all they could to disrupt and make life hell, I was spat at daily and I was management, the guys on the tools had it much worse, beaten up tools stolen and so on, most would give up and go home after a few weeks some after a few days.

To cut a long story short, 96 British companies went bust or almost so due to not being paid.

We get a hard time here moaning about migrant workers, trust me the Frence treat them far worse.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 13:00]

Diego Costa on 13:08 - Jan 16 with 1499 viewsBostonR

This is just the start of China's ambitions to make football their No1 watched sport and participation sport. I get the opportunity to work in China and I can tell you they have the resources to obliterate the Premier League.
Yes, players will follow the money and I expect Chinese clubs to compete with European clubs for the top players. I suspect the top brass at Sky and the Premier league already know they have a real battle to sustain their product over the next 5/10 yrs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024