Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Gladwin.................. 16:31 - Jan 14 with 11528 viewsNoDiddley

Scores for Swindon.
Miracles never cease.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 17:44 - Jan 14 with 8988 viewsRickyDicky

Mmmm. I had an accumulator and Bolton to win ! £377.71 gone.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Ben Gladwin.................. on 21:44 - Jan 14 with 8759 viewsPunteR

He's definitely a decent player. Maybe L1 is his level at the moment.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:01 - Jan 14 with 8732 viewsTacticalR

Bolton 1-2 Swindon
http://www.skysports.com/football/bolton-vs-swindon/358975

Air hostess clique

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:09 - Jan 14 with 8716 views2Thomas2Bowles

He took it well

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:47 - Jan 14 with 8621 viewsbosh67

At Swindon he plays behind the striker. Scored a lot of goals in that position before coming to us. Wew deployed him as a ... f*ck knows. I have no idea. It's Hogan syndrome all over again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ben Gladwin.................. on 23:01 - Jan 14 with 8585 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amazing what you achieve when you don't have your own supporters barracking you.

I've never wanted a player to return from loan and do well more than Ben Gladwin.

On a slightly related note, another player we slagged mercilessly while he was off form is pulling up trees for WBA.

Maybe it's us....
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 23:03]
Ben Gladwin.................. on 08:17 - Jan 15 with 8395 viewsLblock

Ben Gladwin.................. on 23:01 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Amazing what you achieve when you don't have your own supporters barracking you.

I've never wanted a player to return from loan and do well more than Ben Gladwin.

On a slightly related note, another player we slagged mercilessly while he was off form is pulling up trees for WBA.

Maybe it's us....

Yes

We are vvankers
Nobody has a chance playing for us, the fan base just doesn't understand football
Every player we have ever signed in the history of the world turns up full of confidence, 100% committed and sweats blood for the club playing like a real man

QPR fans, I'd shit 'em

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ben Gladwin.................. on 09:30 - Jan 15 with 8287 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ben Gladwin.................. on 08:17 - Jan 15 by Lblock

Yes

We are vvankers
Nobody has a chance playing for us, the fan base just doesn't understand football
Every player we have ever signed in the history of the world turns up full of confidence, 100% committed and sweats blood for the club playing like a real man

QPR fans, I'd shit 'em

Why do you need to take everything as a personal affront and then inflate it ?

Always the victim.
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:10 - Jan 15 with 8225 viewsLblock

Ben Gladwin.................. on 09:30 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why do you need to take everything as a personal affront and then inflate it ?

Always the victim.

Masterful delfection and reversal

I'll defend QPR fans from blanket slagging always.
Overall QPR fans are top people and I've found 99% grounded, reasonable and engaging

I'm off to ring the Samaritans

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:12 - Jan 15 with 8209 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:10 - Jan 15 by Lblock

Masterful delfection and reversal

I'll defend QPR fans from blanket slagging always.
Overall QPR fans are top people and I've found 99% grounded, reasonable and engaging

I'm off to ring the Samaritans

Their line is permanently engaged, callers have severe Redknobb twitch of the wallet.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:29 - Jan 15 with 8176 viewsfrancisbowles

Maybe it's us....

Top post, without getting all hysterical 'we' have probably ruined a few over the years and certainly haven't helped them. Only a handful have managed to get the boo boys off their backs and they have usually been goalscorers e.g. Zamora, Ferdinand, Crouch, Leach.

Our fanbase often fails to spot the positive contributions of players like Gladwin and LTC, instead pouncing on every misplaced pace or other mistake, reducing the player to an unconfident, nervous individual and leading to a player 'hiding' or losing motivation to try.

I'm not saying our club is alone in this, as every club with inflated expectations looks for scapegoats but it is exaggerated at ours due to the close proximity to the pitch.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:52 - Jan 15 with 8141 viewsPunteR

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:29 - Jan 15 by francisbowles

Top post, without getting all hysterical 'we' have probably ruined a few over the years and certainly haven't helped them. Only a handful have managed to get the boo boys off their backs and they have usually been goalscorers e.g. Zamora, Ferdinand, Crouch, Leach.

Our fanbase often fails to spot the positive contributions of players like Gladwin and LTC, instead pouncing on every misplaced pace or other mistake, reducing the player to an unconfident, nervous individual and leading to a player 'hiding' or losing motivation to try.

I'm not saying our club is alone in this, as every club with inflated expectations looks for scapegoats but it is exaggerated at ours due to the close proximity to the pitch.

I think your theory is right and I just posted something similar about Rob Green.
Some players do seem to get worse when they play for us. The closeness' to the pitch could be a factor. I remember an interview with Clark Carlisle saying you can hear everything.
I guess every player reacts differently.
Holloway does keep mentioning the booing of Gladwin as a factor to loan him out as he thought it was hindering his progress.

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:52 - Jan 15 with 8140 viewsJamie

Screamer of a goal as well.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 7995 viewsDiscodroids

Like Jordan Mutch , I seem to suffer blind Vision with Gladwin, I still Believe ( with no evidence to back it up) That He will come good for us,..as a central Midfielder. Imo He's never a winger as long as he has a central Nervous System.

I hope He comes back to us Fitter and stronger, much in the same way as Darnell Furlong.

Build him up on Soylent Green.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 13:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ben Gladwin.................. on 18:02 - Jan 16 with 7751 viewsLoft1979

Ben Gladwin.................. on 13:27 - Jan 15 by Discodroids

Like Jordan Mutch , I seem to suffer blind Vision with Gladwin, I still Believe ( with no evidence to back it up) That He will come good for us,..as a central Midfielder. Imo He's never a winger as long as he has a central Nervous System.

I hope He comes back to us Fitter and stronger, much in the same way as Darnell Furlong.

Hope this encourages a bid and we move on to other projects-
Ben Gladwin.................. on 18:56 - Jan 16 with 7698 viewsNorthernr

Good, pleased for him. Given a needlessly hard time here.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 19:06 - Jan 16 with 7670 viewsLongsufferingR

Ben Gladwin.................. on 10:52 - Jan 15 by PunteR

I think your theory is right and I just posted something similar about Rob Green.
Some players do seem to get worse when they play for us. The closeness' to the pitch could be a factor. I remember an interview with Clark Carlisle saying you can hear everything.
I guess every player reacts differently.
Holloway does keep mentioning the booing of Gladwin as a factor to loan him out as he thought it was hindering his progress.

....but Green never got that sort of reaction from the fans until the end of his time with the club when we'd witnessed the 647th goal resulting from his cockup, and that was despite throwing one in on his debut.

The problem is players that don't get the benefit of the doubt from the fans right from the start unless they hit the ground running.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:21 - Jan 16 with 7582 viewsPunteR

Ben Gladwin.................. on 19:06 - Jan 16 by LongsufferingR

....but Green never got that sort of reaction from the fans until the end of his time with the club when we'd witnessed the 647th goal resulting from his cockup, and that was despite throwing one in on his debut.

The problem is players that don't get the benefit of the doubt from the fans right from the start unless they hit the ground running.

The fans still got to him though. An experienced pro. Must be even harder for a lad that's just starting his professional career.
Wether Green deserved it or not is another debate.

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:27 - Jan 16 with 7564 viewsNorthernr

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:21 - Jan 16 by PunteR

The fans still got to him though. An experienced pro. Must be even harder for a lad that's just starting his professional career.
Wether Green deserved it or not is another debate.

Fans at Leeds must be getting to him as well then because he keeps cocking up there.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:44 - Jan 16 with 7522 viewsPunteR

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:27 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Fans at Leeds must be getting to him as well then because he keeps cocking up there.

Maybe,maybe not. I'm not really trying to get into another Green discussion as its boring me to tears. The main point is the fans at our ground can have an effect, positively or negatively on our own players in a unique way because of the closeness to the pitch.

Maybe mentioning Green again wasn't the best illustration.

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:57 - Jan 16 with 7503 viewsNorthernr

Ben Gladwin.................. on 22:44 - Jan 16 by PunteR

Maybe,maybe not. I'm not really trying to get into another Green discussion as its boring me to tears. The main point is the fans at our ground can have an effect, positively or negatively on our own players in a unique way because of the closeness to the pitch.

Maybe mentioning Green again wasn't the best illustration.

No I agree with you mate, a ground that should be our advantage is regularly the opposite at the moment, been saying it all season.

They can hear you. Twice in two seasons I've shouted something at Richard Keogh and he's looked up and laughed - and I'm five rows back in F SAR upper tier.

Of course some also like to copy the players in on Tweets slagging them off, which must be nice for them to read when they turn their phones back on afterwards, so I'm not sure that sort of 'fan' is bothered too much.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ben Gladwin.................. on 23:25 - Jan 16 with 7472 viewssmegma

Ben Gladwin.................. on 13:27 - Jan 15 by Discodroids

Check out the seamless costume changes

Ben Gladwin.................. on 12:17 - Jan 17 with 7350 viewssouthbrookstreet

Maybe it's us....

You're so spot on 100%
Ben Gladwin.................. on 14:44 - Jan 17 with 7264 viewsPinnerPaul

Ben Gladwin.................. on 12:17 - Jan 17 by southbrookstreet

You're so spot on 100%

Apart from the reference to "Matty" Phillips.

He didn't want to be here - end of - crowd reaction had nothing to do with it.
Ben Gladwin.................. on 16:57 - Jan 17 with 7193 viewsdaveB

Ben Gladwin.................. on 14:44 - Jan 17 by PinnerPaul

Apart from the reference to "Matty" Phillips.

He didn't want to be here - end of - crowd reaction had nothing to do with it.

He did want to be here at first and was slated most of the time until he had a good spell under Ramsey
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024